Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    The "they're getting rid of flying to be lazy" argument is so terribly false it's not even funny. It's just a stupid attempt to make it look like that's the reason they don't want flying in the game.
    Yeah, people have no idea about the objective of Blizzard.
    I saw a couple of videos of WoD beta questing footage and im LOVING what they are trying to do.

They are making a Skryrim-like adventure where you go on a direction (even if there is no yellow ? on minimap) and you are bound to find a "secret quest" or a "secret event" or a "secret chest" or a "rare mob" or a "group quest" (impossible to solo now btw) and every secret you stumble upon rewards you with blue items or garrison resources.

Dudes...we are talking about a fusion of Skyrim (offline version) + World of Warcraft.
    NERDGASM climax, WC brb
    Last edited by mmocbc4d431f8d; 2014-06-22 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar58 View Post
    Yeah, people have no idea about the objective of Blizzard.
    I saw a couple of videos of WoD beta questing footage and im LOVING what they are trying to do.

They are making a Skryrim-like adventure where you go on a direction (even if there os no yellow ? on minimap) and you are bound to find a "secret quest" or a "secret event" or a "secret chest" or a "group quest" or a "rare mob" (impossible to solo now btw) and every secret you stumble upon rewards you with blue items or garrison resources.

Dudes...we are talking about a fusion of Skyrim (offline version) + World of Warcraft.
    NERDGASM climax, WC brb
    Uh-huh, where's my instant travel to any place I've visited already? oh right, there isn't any.
    Can I walk in any direction the second I land, and expect to have an adventure wherever I go? nope, because levels and gated quests/dungeons/zones and stuff~

Don't compare an MMOanything to a real RPG. Don't ever compare any online game to an Elder Scrolls game (TESO included, shit's not even canon), apples and oranges doesn't even come close...
    Last edited by Ærion; 2014-06-22 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    Don't compare an MMOanything to a real RPG. Don't ever compare any online game to an Elder Scrolls game (TESO included, shit's not even canon), apples and oranges doesn't even come close...
    "Real" RPG and Elder Scrolls games in one sentence. Snrk. How about directionless bloated mass with inexplicably large fanbase?

In any case, I'm actually looking forward to no flying. Being grounded forces an awareness of the world that is so sorely missing right now. It's one step back, but in this case, back is absolutely the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    "Real" RPG and Elder Scrolls games in one sentence. Snrk. How about directionless bloated mass with inexplicably large fanbase?
    Inexplicable for you perhaps, not for the connoisseur. And what, you consider WoW a real rpg? that's a fucking laugh... MMOs are as far from real rpgs as Neptune is from Sol. My point stands though, you cannot compare the two, it's just pointless. Also, debating art (in any form)... lolopinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    In any case, I'm actually looking forward to no flying. Being grounded forces an awareness of the world that is so sorely missing right now. It's one step back, but in this case, back is absolutely the right direction.
    Bullshit. Zero fucks are given while leveling. Zero fucks shall be given after level cap when gear gets better and stuff gets easier to mow down. As for the steps in the right direction, going back is never smart, unless it's to dodge a bullet. Sadly this step back was right over a chasm, and I do hope it comes back to bite their ass.

I still believe most of the pro-flyers genuinely don't realise what's good for them and the game, aka removal of flying. They'll come around and eventually thank Blizzard for having the audacity and foresight to show them, even though they were kicking and screaming every step of the way - lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    I still believe most of the pro-flyers genuinely don't realise what's good for them and the game, aka removal of flying.
    Ah yes... the "I know what's best for you" argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still believe most of the pro-flyers genuinely don't realise what's good for them and the game, aka removal of flying. They'll come around and eventually thank Blizzard for having the audacity and foresight to show them, even though they were kicking and screaming every step of the way - lol.
    I've got a dozen other MMOs, most of them are fantasy that lack flying, they've also got multiple races, dungeons, stuff to find around the world, raids and the majority have superior graphics. What is Blizzard offering me to stay in their game? What does WoW have that every other MMO lacks that compels me to play?

Flying may not have been a [huge feature, but it's still something a lot of other MMOs lack, which means it's something to draw me in to WoW over other games.

Not to mention, most of WoW's competitor MMOs are F2P. Why should I pay Blizzard for offering nothing more than the others offer for free?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Doesn't that describe both sides of this argument though?
    Sure if you're only including the fanatics and not those who have constructive arguments.

Yes, and its up to the game designer to put their foot down and tell us whats good for us. Im happy Blizzard is doing that. Blizzard has been too soft-cock the last few years, so seeing them prepared to dig in, put their foot down and tell us whats good for us - is refreshing.

I've got a dozen other MMOs, most of them are fantasy that lack flying, they've also got multiple races, dungeons, stuff to find around the world, raids and the majority have superior graphics. What is Blizzard offering me to stay in their game? What does WoW have that every other MMO lacks that compels me to play?
    Because, in a nutshell, while other MMOs may indeed have highlights in certain areas where they can outshine wow, nothing comes close to the total package wow has to offer - specifically with raiding and pve. Thats why you and millions of others stay (or come back).
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2014-06-22 at 10:56 AM.

no, only one side of the arguments wants to force their view on the other that's the no flying one
    no one who supports flying has ever argued for the removal of ground mounts

Yes, and its up to the game designer to put their foot down and tell us whats good for us. Im happy Blizzard is doing that. Blizzard has been too soft-cock the last few years, so seeing them prepared to dig in, put their foot down and tell us whats good for us - is refreshing.
    And just by putting their foot down on this issue automatically makes the game better?

Maybe not, but it doesn't automatically make the game worse either.
    I didn't say it would.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4350471?page=1
    posts here are from Crepe, an MVP poster since forever from the official WoW boards...You would think he would be more center of this debate, however...after having played alpha...

Crepe
    MVP - World of Warcraft
    90 Gnome Warrior
    Having actually played Frostfire Ridge in Alpha... you're really going to miss it if they decide to not implement it.

The zone is huge. And it's just one zone. After you're done with the quest, there's just an interminable amount of travel time to get anywhere. It's annoying. It's not an interesting change to gameplay. And running around areas that are thicker with mobs really doesn't add anything to the game beyond more travel time.
    1 day ago
    +62
    Highly Rated
    Rep
    CAN I SAY "I TOLD YOU SO" NOW, OR SHOULD WE STILL WAIT BECAUSE IT'S 'ALPHA'???

lol....

There's no point to keeping people from flying after level cap that I've yet seen.

I'll reserve the ability to change my mind, but I've spent way too much time on flight paths lately.
    Oh joy...sounds soooooo compelling and interesting, I can't wait to alt tab out of a game...

You get closer to where you want to be on the flight path and then mount up and head out to where you're actually going.

It's about twice the time as just flying there.

I've been on a lot of flight paths lately and it's more time consuming and not very interesting. You can't say "hey, there's a node I'd like to mine" or "there's a rare I want to take a stab at" while you're on a flight path. Instead you have to get to the destination and turn around and go back to it.

It's very, very different.

The selling point was that we'd be more involved in the environment this way. I actually feel more detached from gameplay rather than engrossed in it.
    Anyone wanna give me that "let's just wait and see" bullshit PR line again?

Stick a fork in this debate...it's over. Everything I had predicted from COMMON SENSE and have played this game for ten years, this guy Crepe (Whom I've never even talked too, who's an MVP poster boy for Blizzard...) just confirmed.
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-06-22 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    CAN I SAY "I TOLD YOU SO" NOW, OR SHOULD WE STILL WAIT BECAUSE IT'S 'ALPHA'???
    Because of one person's opinion?

Overreaction, much?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    no, only one side of the arguments wants to force their view on the other that's the no flying one
    no one who supports flying has ever argued for the removal of ground mounts
    That's a bizzare argument.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post

Flying may not have been a [huge feature, but it's still something a lot of other MMOs lack, which means it's something to draw me in to WoW over other games.

Not to mention, most of WoW's competitor MMOs are F2P. Why should I pay Blizzard for offering nothing more than the others offer for free?
    Don't then. If flying's that big a deal to you then quit and save us all another 500 page debate on the forums next time they change something trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Because of one person's opinion?

Overreaction, much?

- - - Updated - - -

That's a bizzare argument.
    - because he's played alpha...YOU havn't.

- because he's confirmed everything I said. It's not like the zones are going to be smaller because YOU played the game.

- and most importantly, he's an MVP poster (those guys usually tow the line on subjects like this) So if you have an MVP poster that can't find the ray of sunshine out of all this...then it's just not there.

I win. You lose.

I'd also like to add, that once again...drytoast brought facts to this thread. (Would it kill ANY of you to actually go out and read up on this crap before you try and debate it?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Don't then. If flying's that big a deal to you then quit and save us all another 500 page debate on the forums next time they change something trivial.
    Doesn't sound trivial in the alpha boards, fella.

Maybe you should read up on what you're talking about...eh?
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-06-22 at 11:43 AM.

- because he's played alpha...YOU havn't.

- because he's confirmed everything I said. It's not like the zones are going to be smaller because YOU played the game.

- and most importantly, he's an MVP poster (those guys usually tow the line on subjects like this) So if you have an MVP poster that can't find the ray of sunshine out of all this...then it's just not there.

I win. You lose.

I'd also like to add, that once again...drytoast brought facts to this thread. (Would it kill ANY of you to actually go out and read up on this crap before you try and debate it?)

- - - Updated - - -

You're basing your entire discussion off 1 person? Fucking Lol.

Also: from Blizzards own MVP page:

Q. What does an MVP do?

A. MVPs promote constructive posting wherever they can. They contribute to the community and encourage polite discussion throughout the forums. When you see an MVP post, listen to what they have to say—they were also chosen for their knowledge of the game.

. Why didn't you select _____, someone who always gives great constructive feedback on X subject?

A. Please understand that MVPs are not class/race or community representatives in that sense; they are not chosen for their ability to criticize game mechanics and give feedback. They certainly can do this (and many do). The members of the Community Team are still your vehicles through which you should submit feedback by posting on the forums and in blog comments. We do not have a class/race representative system in place at this time and would prefer to hear all players' feedback instead of a select few.

Oops. Looks like they aren't selected like you think they are.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4038704715

Basically Mvps are mvps because they aren't whining crying trolling posters. They don't "tow the line" they just don't act like dipshits either.
    Last edited by Doomchicken; 2014-06-22 at 11:50 AM.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

I'm okay with no flying.

LOL, one person says something you want to hear and so you think it's somehow proof?

Sounds like you hate the change, so quit WoW and leave this thread. We'll miss you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

To sum up Drytoasts laughable ramblings: In his words, "He wins" and proclaims the right to say "i told you so" because one player (yes - one player, who also happens to be an mvp) on the Alpha forums posted saying he doesnt like the no-flying changes.