Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    Just stopping by to see if any of the hostility has been removed with the latest blue post, glad to see it's still alive and kicking with people determined to hate each other no matter what.
    yes and no. I mean most of us are getting along .. just a few bad eggs

OT: Blizzard never did say when they were going to reintroduce flying before. They made very vague hints, but the official answer was always, "We don't know." Therefore it is impossible to say what they based this latest decision off of. You can't say they stepped back on it when they never took a step forward in the first place. Even with the latest post, it doesn't give any guarantee at all.
    It seems to me although they did not commit to flight being available in 6.1 they did change course.

Firstly we had blizzcon flight available in 6.1, then a few months later after A.A. comments when the question was asked if flight would ever be in WoD they said "We don't know", Now it appears that they are leaning back towards the 6.1 thing.

As to why that happened or if it was always intended to happen this way .... the world may never know.... Just like how many licks does it take to get to a tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop... (wow sure I really dated myself there).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    The fact that you come to the out spoken pro fliers rescue is 100% bias actually. Nothing I said concerned you so you replying to it is what's boggling.
    I don't need rescuing, just sayin.

What boggles my mind is why you are still here. I think most the active people in this discussion put you on ignore long ago.

Maybe you Mr. Sith Hamster and lolercaust can start your own thread = )

You guys don't seem to want to listen to anyone else, anyhow.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-07-14 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenway View Post
    "I only like ground mounts so Blizzard will you please take away flying mounts from everybody. For some reason i'm too retarded to just use ground mounts and enjoy it, Blizzard needs to take away the fun from other people before I can have my fun."
    So your inability to understand makes you right. K.

Luckily so far most people are open minded enough to support the change. They seem to be able to comprehend the number of benefits it has compared to having flying.
    But please just keep playing dumb.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-07-14 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    As to why that happened or if it was always intended to happen this way .... the world may never know.... Just like how many licks does it take to get to a tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop... (wow sure I really dated myself there).
    Eh.. It's not that old.. I think. I mean, I'm only 22 and I remember those commercials easily enough. Though I do want a tootsie pop now.

But anywho, I agree with what you say here, because as many people will be more than happy to scream at you about, correlation does not equal causation (Though they can come close sometimes, imho.) Personally though, I don't really care if we have flying or not. I was a little sad when they first mentioned it, but then I realized it would have nearly no consequential effect on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Eh.. It's not that old.. I think. I mean, I'm only 22 and I remember those commercials easily enough. Though I do want a tootsie pop now.

But anywho, I agree with what you say here, because as many people will be more than happy to scream at you about, correlation does not equal causation (Though they can come close sometimes, imho.) Personally though, I don't really care if we have flying or not. I was a little sad when they first mentioned it, but then I realized it would have nearly no consequential effect on me.
    Yeah I get that certain people, the removal of flight wouldn't affect.

I just fell into the category where it would effect me in a very negative way. Instanced content only makes up about 40% of the game for me the rest the time I am out and about in the world.

That being said though I would never insist you were playing the game wrong and encourage Blizzard to make changes so that you would be encouraged (forced) to play the game my way. It is exactly that type of behavior I see from the anti flight people.

Lastly thanks for catching my little joke and not making me feel old = )

Blizzard just conceded that flying will probably come back in 6.1, in typical blizzard fashion. First they try to distance themselves completely from a possibility by never mentioning it specifically, only saying "we're willing to explore possibilities", then they move to "we think x possibility will be implemented (back)", so they refer to it specifically, and the next step is flat out confirmation.

They're realizing a ton of people are tired of putting up with their bullshit, and that in the end, "what is worth fighting for" comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$, and that making a game for 50% of the remaining player base and alienating the other 50% will make uncle kotick angry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    yes and no. I mean most of us are getting along .. just a few bad eggs

It seems to me although they did not commit to flight being available in 6.1 they did change course.

Firstly we had blizzcon flight available in 6.1, then a few months later after A.A. comments when the question was asked if flight would ever be in WoD they said "We don't know", Now it appears that they are leaning back towards the 6.1 thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't need rescuing, just sayin.

What boggles my mind is why you are still here. I think most the active people in this discussion put you on ignore long ago.

Maybe you Mr. Sith Hamster and lolercaust can start your own thread = )

You guys don't seem to want to listen to anyone else, anyhow.
    Ignore ordinator at any rate, I've noticed some people on these forums just type useless, pointless crap just to increase their post count and then have a semblance of seniority or whatever. That guy ignores EVERYTHING that counters his arguments and just goes on rambling generic one liners.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    The fact that you come to the out spoken pro fliers rescue is 100% bias actually. Nothing I said concerned you so you replying to it is what's boggling.
    Noting that you made a mistake is bias? K.
    Nothing I said should have concerned you enough to stimulate enough butthurt to warrant a response. Apparently it didn't happen that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Lawyer View Post
    Ignore ordinator at any rate, I've noticed some people on these forums just type useless, pointless crap just to increase their post count and then have a semblance of seniority or whatever. That guy ignores EVERYTHING that counters his arguments and just goes on rambling generic one liners.
    Pretty much this.

making a game for 50% of the remaining player base and alienating the other 50% will make uncle kotick angry.
    Only issue with your post is this statement. To be terribly biased but understanding of the common player, they are pandering to a minority (Read: <50%) of the playerbase. There. I said it. Bring on the onslaught of bemoaning that one detail of my opinion.

Your probably right ... I don't know why I try ... probably the same reason people talk to their dogs = )

There are a couple anti flight people though that were a pleasure to converse with. They have long since abandoned this thread at least most of them. I thought about doing the same but it gives me something to do. <shrug> such is life.

Resisting the urge to take Mr. Sith hamster off ignore .. so I have someone to debate (use that term loosely) with.

Once we get a commitment that flight is returning to WoD, I will happily start my sub, and purchased a collectors edition again. Might not play a whole lot right now Wildstar has my attention, but will play some.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post

Only issue with your post is this statement. To be terribly biased but understanding of the common player, they are pandering to a minority (Read: <50%) of the playerbase. There. I said it. Bring on the onslaught of bemoaning that one detail of my opinion.
    In my opinion it probably is about 50/50

50 percent of people who would have their game negatively effected by the removal of flight

vs

49 percent that it doesn't affect, don't care, pvp rawr folks, people that want the game to be more time consuming, the people that like flight but want it nerfed etc.

Then the last 1% that actually have a problem with flight (I would assume most that actually had a problem with it left 7 years ago)
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-07-14 at 01:37 AM.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    So your inability to understand makes you right. K.

Luckily so far most people are open minded enough to support the change. They seem to be able to comprehend the number of benefits it has compared to having flying.
    I'm playing dumb because I don't share your view of flying? Okay. The "number of benefits" is just your own shitty opinion.
    No flying till 6.1 is fine. No flying at all is shit.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

I'm playing dumb because I don't share your view of flying? Okay. The "number of benefits" is just your own shitty opinion.
    I'm surprised that you haven't yet ignored the Sith Hamtaro. His comments don't really add anything aside from the bumbling of one with an addled mind.

Looks like we will probably get it in 6.1 ... so it looks like Mr. Sith Hamsters "Most People" isn't as many as he thought, or maybe the number of benefits w/out flight wasn't as high?

I am just glad I can use this now.

Don't like the fact you will be able to fly in 6.1 quit the game just isn't for you. It is a fantasy MMO where we ride dragons for crying out loud.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm surprised that you haven't yet ignored the Sith Hamtaro. His comments don't really add anything aside from the bumbling of one with an addled mind.
    this made me laugh ...

That being said I am done for the night. Got stuff to do early tomorrow and I want to watch the Strain on FX (the book was awesome btw)

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a good idea. I'm done with that guy.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

That's a good idea. I'm done with that guy.
    Wonder how long he will continue to post w/everyone having him on ignore?

Or since Bahioks announcement?

If flying comes back or not nothing changes for me. Zero things in my life are dictated to by this game. I am just happy that the devs are willing to give no flying a chance. Shows they are brave and willing to experiment to try to make the game better. Very refreshing to see they just don't give into haters that seeming have to crusade over pointless things in or about game.

I will have zero defeat when flying does come back. Since honestly it isn't going anywhere. Got all of the old content still out there to fly in if I get the itch. So zero loss. When and if it comes back to current content no skin off my back either. Zero defeat. I wil lbe happy with WoW because I play the game. I don't just fly around in it. Or run around in it. I play its content. Flying plays very little role in that.

The point is that at least for a while it wasn't. That is a complete and utter victory over people that kick and scream like children over this on forums like this for months on end. When even they themselves know how matter how many points they make, no matter how many arguments they win, no matter who or what they are.. flying won't be in the game for at least one second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he'll go full retard like the other guy who just visits every 5 or so pages just to post "I think no flying is a great idea!" and then leaves again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    If flying comes back or not nothing changes for me. Zero things in my life are dictated to by this game. I am just happy that the devs are willing to give no flying a chance. Shows they are brave and willing to experiment to try to make the game better. Very refreshing to see they just don't give into haters that seeming have to crusade over pointless things in or about game.

I will have zero defeat when flying does come back. Since honestly it isn't going anywhere. Got all of the old content still out there to fly in if I get the itch. So zero loss. When and if it comes back to current content no skin off my back either. Zero defeat.

The point is that at least for a while it wasn't. That is a complete and utter victory over people that kick and scream like children over this on forums like this for months on end. When even they themselves know how matter how many points they make, no matter how many arguments they win, no matter who or what they are.. flying won't be in the game for at least one second.
    Well, first off you obviously haven't READ any of the posts from at least the pro-flying side. And it's very scary that you consider anything as short-lived as an extra few months a "complete and utter victory" despite Bashiok re-stating their announcement from Blizzcon that they will almost 100% place flying back in 6.1. I underlined what I was talking about and what made me smh.

No one has come up with a reason that is good enough to keep flying.. Conveniences aren't what keep the game alive.

Well, first off you obviously haven't READ any of the posts from at least the pro-flying side. And it's very scary that you consider anything as short-lived as an extra few months a "complete and utter victory" despite Bashiok re-stating their announcement from Blizzcon that they will almost 100% place flying back in 6.1. I underlined what I was talking about and what made me smh.
    So from what you are telling me. It is a 100% confirmed that I will not be facing any defeat in my arguments.

Your support is thanked. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithix View Post
    No one has come up with a reason that is good enough to keep flying.. Conveniences aren't what keep the game alive.
    You haven't read any of the 663 pages I believe. And if convenience doesn't matter: Let's take away basic requirements for enchants and flasks. Let's instead force you to raid to gather materials from trash to enchant, craft armor, etc. Fun times! Hey, let's also remove flight points, because afking until your destination is stupid. Same for portals. And all items that port you, aside from Hearthstone (for now).

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    So from what you are telling me. It is a 100% confirmed that I will not be facing any defeat in my arguments.

Your support is thanked. God bless.
    The Mindless Ones have returned. Arm the turrets, men.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sithix View Post
    I'm sure you can find a few good reason in the this 600 page thread. Maybe try and find them instead of asking them to be posted AGAIN.

I guess on another note. Feel sorry for that poor fool that deleted his beloved druid of a 100 years or whatever.

Stupid comes in many forms I suppose. He just liked the one that shifted between different animals.