Quote Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
    It's a game dude, not real life. Calm down.

Blizzard isn't cutting flying mounts out of their game. They will work in all other places of the game without issue - they are just disabled for the new expansion areas until 6.1.

It's not the end of the world.
    Don't be a douchebag ok? Don't act like I'm foaming at the mouth just cause you don't like me calling you on your stupid ideas and hopes. It is a game and that's exactly why this isn't happening, because a lot of people don't see being forced to rely on time-consuming and boring methods of fast travel like flying paths a fun factor and while it may not be the end of the world for them, it sure counts when you are looking at the big picture, aside "I don't like flying so no one should fly" mentality. Blizzard will never do anything this major against the general opinion, no matter how much the vocal minority thinks it should happen. So quit deluding yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    He said "at ship we wont allow players to fly at all" Which just means what they have been saying...no flying possibly until the 2nd patch.
    68 pages, and someone understands what was actually said at the bottom of the first page, while everyone else ignores them and whines and complains. Jeez.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    68 pages, and someone understands what was actually said at the bottom of the first page, while everyone else ignores them and whines and complains. Jeez.
    No, this was covered very early in the thread.
    The thread is now mostly about the pros and cons of flying vs not flying, and how that would play out in an entire expansion of no flying. As the interview suggested that if the community reacts positively to the no-flying it could be extended.

Will just repost what I wrote in the other thread

I think we should all just calm down a bit and think about it reasonably.

Lets wait and see how they build the world around not flying, before we go jumping off the deep end saying we're gonna hate it. They are purposely building the expansion around not having a flying, so it might be awesome, it might be fun, it might be better than having a flyer! If it isn't then fair enough, I'll give my criticism along with the rest, and hope they realise their mistake, but until we see what they have planned, why bother screaming and shouting.

You never know, you may just love it!

I think it will be good for wow to not have flying. It will force ppl to be out in the world and interact with each other longer/more often, means more situations could happen(pvp, hanging out, exploration etc). I think it will make the world feel alive again with more ppl down on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowforlife79 View Post
    I think it will be good for wow to not have flying. It will force ppl to be out in the world and interact with each other longer/more often, means more situations could happen(pvp, hanging out, exploration etc). I think it will make the world feel alive again with more ppl down on the ground.
    Agreed, but people are pretty uptight about losing their convenience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Will just repost what I wrote in the other thread

I think we should all just calm down a bit and think about it reasonably.

Lets wait and see how they build the world around not flying, before we go jumping off the deep end saying we're gonna hate it. They are purposely building the expansion around not having a flying, so it might be awesome, it might be fun, it might be better than having a flyer! If it isn't then fair enough, I'll give my criticism along with the rest, and hope they realise their mistake, but until we see what they have planned, why bother screaming and shouting.

You never know, you may just love it!
    Nonononono, it WILL be fun. People care too much about blowing through the content and doing is as fast as possible. People need to slow down and embrace draenor considering they put a lot of effort into making the environment unique. People are making too big of a deal and eventually they'll realize how there's nothing wrong. Besides, it's not like people are going to go out and re explore the areas once they hit 100... they might go through them collecting mats, but I highly doubt they'll embrace the environment once they have flying. Most people will sit in the main cities because majority do LFD/LFR, so why are they initially complaining when they know themselves that they'll rarely leave the main cities?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Say it will force people out into the world.

Garrisons.

It just pushed me away from being in the world. I explored more with flying and just did more stuff, now I just won't outside of what is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Nonononono, it WILL be fun. People care too much about blowing through the content and doing is as fast as possible. People need to slow down and embrace draenor considering they put a lot of effort into making the environment unique. People are making too big of a deal and eventually they'll realize how there's nothing wrong. Besides, it's not like people are going to go out and re explore the areas once they hit 100... they might go through them collecting mats, but I highly doubt they'll embrace the environment once they have flying. Most people will sit in the main cities because majority do LFD/LFR, so why are they initially complaining when they know themselves that they'll rarely leave the main cities?
    May I ask what content people blow through at max level? People didn't fly in Pandaria while leveling which was good. What is the point of no flying at max level? For me just parks me and gives me less incentive to go out at max level. I like the environments in MoP and some of the best scenery is viewed by flying. So to me no flying might have even more people sitting in cities than usual.
    Last edited by Theendgamelv3; 2014-03-13 at 05:15 AM.

It will force ppl to be out in the world
    No it won't.

and interact with each other longer/more often,
    I don't care about you, and I have no desire to interact with you. Taking away flying doesn't change that and won't make me want to interact with you, because I simply have no reason nor desire to interact with you.

pvp,
    I'm on an Alliance dominated server. Seeing a Horde player is like seeing a unicorn. And since I came to this server specifically because of the Alliance-favored imbalance, it means I don't care about wpvp. Forcing me to be on the ground won't make me want to engage in it, moreso since the forced pvp of the legendary killed any interest I had in pvp.

Hell, this "reason" right here is hands down the stupidest reason possible, because 50% of the playerbase has absolutely no desire to participate in wpvp and infact will be getting the option to have it permanently disabled for them, thus rendering this entirely idiotic "reason" completely invalid.

[/I]
    hanging out
    That's what Garrisons are for, and I don't have to go out into the world to do that. Nor would I ever want to invite you into my Garrisons, because once again, I have no desire to interact with you. I'll interact with those I want to, and you aren't one of them.

exploration
    I explore by flying, because not only does it make the world much larger, but now I can see everything around me and see new sights I never would have from the ground. The view is much more breathtaking for me when I fly, and the scenery clicks together whenever I see it from the sky. Being stuck on the ground limits my exploration, as I'm now trapped by the terrain and can't go explore new sights, since those sights visible by air are entirely inaccessible to me when I'm trapped on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    It just pushed me away from being in the world. I explored more with flying and just did more stuff, now I just won't outside of what is needed.

May I ask what content people blow through at max level? People didn't fly in Pandaria while leveling which was good. What is the point of no flying at max level? For me just parks me and gives me less incentive to go out at max level. I like the environments in MoP and some of the best scenery is viewed by flying. So to me no flying might have even more people sitting in cities than usual.

Ya but if your flying round, you just end up speeding past stuff with ought a 2nd thought about it. If your on the ground say you just barely see the entrance of a cave off in the distance on the edge of some mountain you want to go explore that cave. So you go exploring for a way/path up there. Who knows maybe you find the path right away or you come across some alliance and end up fighting them. Or you find someone else also looking for the path , who knows maybe you just found a new friend. The possibilities are endless when your down on the ground

10+ Year Old Account
    For those people saying "well you should use ground mounts in Pandaria"

you probably haven't noticed, but Pandaria is not built for ground mounts at all, the continent is extremely vertical with rivers and mountains being all but impassable, phasing doesn't help, the rest of the continent is almost cut off from the main city, not to mention the serpent's spine.

what you will see in a continent with no flying will be traffic on roads, skirmishes with the other faction and dangerous areas (can you name any in pandaria? oh you were thinking timeless isle and isle of giants?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya but if your flying round, you just end up speeding past stuff with ought a 2nd thought about it. If your on the ground say you just barely see the entrance of a cave off in the distance on the edge of some mountain you want to go explore that cave. So you go exploring for a way/path up there. Who knows maybe you find the path right away or you come across some alliance and end up fighting them. Or you find someone else also looking for the path , who knows maybe you just found a new friend. The possibilities are endless when your down on the ground
    Why wouldn't I explore this cave with a flying mount?

I've never missed anything because I was in the air and usually if I'm in the air, I'm on my way to another location to accomplish a goal and am not interested in being side tracked.

But I can turn this on its head. What if I can't reach a mountaintop with my ground mount where I can have a grand view of the whole landscape below me?

Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    No it won't.

I don't care about you, and I have no desire to interact with you. Taking away flying doesn't change that and won't make me want to interact with you, because I simply have no reason nor desire to interact with you.

I'm on an Alliance dominated server. Seeing a Horde player is like seeing a unicorn. And since I came to this server specifically because of the Alliance-favored imbalance, it means I don't care about wpvp. Forcing me to be on the ground won't make me want to engage in it, moreso since the forced pvp of the legendary killed any interest I had in pvp.

Hell, this "reason" right here is hands down the stupidest reason possible, because 50% of the playerbase has absolutely no desire to participate in wpvp and infact will be getting the option to have it permanently disabled for them, thus rendering this entirely idiotic "reason" completely invalid.

[/I]

That's what Garrisons are for, and I don't have to go out into the world to do that. Nor would I ever want to invite you into my Garrisons, because once again, I have no desire to interact with you. I'll interact with those I want to, and you aren't one of them.

I explore by flying, because not only does it make the world much larger, but now I can see everything around me and see new sights I never would have from the ground. The view is much more breathtaking for me when I fly, and the scenery clicks together whenever I see it from the sky. Being stuck on the ground limits my exploration, as I'm now trapped by the terrain and can't go explore new sights, since those sights visible by air are entirely inaccessible to me when I'm trapped on the ground.
    Just because you do not agree with my opinion, doesn't invalidate my opinion. So continue on your flying mount while i go explore this new world that is WoW, ever growing/expanding with new journeys to be had.

I want my gold back Blizzard LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Why wouldn't I explore this cave with a flying mount?

I've never missed anything because I was in the air and usually if I'm in the air, I'm on my way to another location to accomplish a goal and am not interested in being side tracked.

But I can turn this on its head. What if I can't reach a mountaintop with my ground mount where I can have a grand view of the whole landscape below me?
    Ya but being " side tracked" is the whole point im trying to make. Slow down, get sidetracked enjoy the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    For those people saying "well you should use ground mounts in Pandaria"

you probably haven't noticed, but Pandaria is not built for ground mounts at all, the continent is extremely vertical with rivers and mountains being all but impassable, phasing doesn't help, the rest of the continent is almost cut off from the main city, not to mention the serpent's spine.

what you will see in a continent with no flying will be traffic on roads, skirmishes with the other faction and dangerous areas (can you name any in pandaria? oh you were thinking timeless isle and isle of giants?).
    It's harder to get around on a ground mount?! NO way! And there are plenty of skirmish locations in Pandaria, the most popular being the first farm you stop at in the Valley of Four Winds, an extremely popular ganking location on PVP servers, but this means fuck all if I'm on a PVE server where skirmishes of this kind simply won't happen.

Also, you can get on the spine without a flying mount. It's part of the leveling process.

The traffic on the roads is not all that different from the traffic in the air. People will be going to the next quest location. It's not like you suddenly become more social. I certainly didn't while I was stuck on the ground in Pandaria. I don't see why I suddenly will in WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya but being " side tracked" is the whole point im trying to make. Slow down, get sidetracked enjoy the world.
    A flying mount doesn't prevent me from farting around and exploring when I'm not trying to accomplish something specific.

10+ Year Old Account

There will be alot more world PvP with no flying mounts which is a good thing consider it's a game that starts w/ War. There's nothing wrong w/ people who don't like to constantly PvP, but you can't tell me kicking the shit out of a group of horde/alliance isn't satisfying, especially when they get a good whooping. Considering the max view distance in WoW isn't that large unless you enter the command, I don't know how you can claim the scenery is good from high up in the sky. You might see trees/mountains etc, but you can't see the individual work that went into the little things. That's an emphasis that blizzard is trying to put on WoD, but people like you are still under the mindset that the scenery is just as good up above as it as at ground level, which IMO isn't the case.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Why would I do this at max level? With no flying at max level, I wouldn't know or see the cave because I won't be going out. What you say makes perfect sense while leveling, not 2 raid tiers in or something. If they want people to really explore the world, take out fly paths, mage portals, lock summons or anything that allows some kind of faster travel in WoD that isn't a ground mount.
    Last edited by Theendgamelv3; 2014-03-13 at 06:23 AM.

Why would I do this at max level? With no flying at max level, I wouldn't know or see the cave because I won't be going out. What you say makes perfect sense while leveling, not 2 raid tiers in or something. If they want people to really explore the world, take out fly paths, mage portals, lock summons or anything that allows some kind of faster travel in WoD that isn't a ground mount.
    I agree with you they should take out most of those. Convenience has ruined this game 100%. If its not fast or convenient people just cry all day. Are society as a whole is to blame i think in this modern world of rush rush rush. Slow down smell the flowers play some Wow