10+ Year Old Account
    I resubbed the day blizz told us flying would happen in 6.1. I'm happy with their decision not to do a very stupid thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I resubbed the day blizz told us flying would happen in 6.1. I'm happy with their decision not to do a very stupid thing.
    They didn't commit to 6.1 as of yet. Just be aware ... but either way have fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    Cause there's no possible way people could actually dislike flying. Get over yourself.

Please tell me where I said "there's no possible way people could actually dislike flying" Go ahead find where I said that and link it.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Please tell me where I said "there's no possible way people could actually dislike flying" Go ahead find where I said that and link it.
    the anti flight people have bailed from this thread ... cept Anza

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I like Draenei's lore, but the male model simply was too... ugh... don't like it... so ended up creating female one.

My avatar (and signature) is soon changing to my Shaman anyways as WoD Monk changes drove my away from my Windwalker. Long I suffered through multiple changes within MoP, but WoD WW combat changes is simply too much for me to stomach.

- - - Updated - - -

Multiple times over these months I've seen several posts which I could have posted something which I'd heavily regret, so I simply changed page instead of posting anything insulting... or at least tried to.
    Who wants to see a fridge with tentacles all day long? =P, that's why my shammy is a male dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Are you guys happy with the recent blue post? I am against flying in WoD and that sounds like a very fair way of handling it. Works out for both sides and isn't selfish. Waiting til 6.1 allows those of us against flying to enjoy the world opening up, while using the feedback from 6.0 will give you guys an idea on how big the minority for bringing flying back is. and if all is well you'll get it back.
    No yet, when they announce that it's 100% sure that flying will be avaible in WoD then yes but as superman has recalled several times they just said again "we'll wait and see". Honestly I'll wait doing something else till 6.1 hits if they don't allow flying once you reach max level on launch, I played before Cata and I know that the experience of a world without flying doesn't appeal to me at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    And I'll see all you "anti-flight" people happily using your mounts the minute 6.1 drops. Toodles!
    No, I think there's gonna be much sobbing in regard to that long after 6.1. One year from now, they'll hear each other whining over the trade chat and start talking about how awesome Vanilla was and how there was a great conspiracy that ruined their plans to force everyone to play the way they want.

Frankly I hope they quit. WoW has enough people to go on without these people bumming me out with their false nostalgia and hypocritical whining.

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Who wants to see a fridge with tentacles all day long? =P, that's why my shammy is a male dwarf
    I really need to stop reading so fast cause I thought that said testicles.... <sigh>

No yet, when they announce that it's 100% sure that flying will be avaible in WoD then yes but as superman has recalled several times they just said again "we'll wait and see". Honestly I'll wait doing something else till 6.1 hits if they don't allow flying once you reach max level on launch, I played before Cata and I know that the experience of a world without flying doesn't appeal to me at all.
    Yah right there with ya but I think this is a step in the right direction ... better then saying "Wait and see" or "We dont know" ... saying "We think 6.1 is a good spot to allow flight" is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Do you think it was sub loss, refunds on pre orders, noise made on message boards, feedback from beta or for some other reason they changed course on this?

Personally I think it was how many refunds for the pre order had to be issued.
    I said this earlier. It would be dumb to consider sub loss a factor at this junction. Sub loss is eminent considering we're at the end of a expo and on month 10 of no content update. There is sub loss, and I would speculate a fraction of a fraction of that is from 'no flying'.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    No, I think there's gonna be much sobbing in regard to that long after 6.1. One year from now, they'll hear each other whining over the trade chat and start talking about how awesome Vanilla was and how there was a great conspiracy that ruined their plans to force everyone to play the way they want.

Frankly I hope they quit. WoW has enough people to go on without these people bumming me out with their false nostalgia and hypocritical whining.
    Na don't sound like them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    I said this earlier. It would be dumb to consider sub loss a factor at this junction. Sub loss is eminent considering we're at the end of a expo and on month 10 of no content update. There is sub loss, and I would speculate a fraction of a fraction of that is from 'no flying'.
    Welcome back ...

Then why do you think it went from "Wait and See" to "We don't know" to now being "We think 6.1 is a good place to allow flight"?

IMO it was either sub loss, number of pre orders refunded, the multiple threads on the subject, or beta testers feedback (although I doubt this cause they haven't reached endgame yet).

I am leaning towards the number of pre orders they had to refund.

Also be aware it looks like the majority of the anti flight crowd has bailed on this thread ... so I wouldn't think you will find much sympathy for your cause...

Seems like we were not the minority after all huh?
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-07-14 at 10:25 PM.

Na don't sound like them.
    I can't. I'm not full of shit and I'm not demanding they be forced to ride flying mounts.

But most of all I'm not bullshitting everyone about crap like World PVP and how flying mounts killed it. I've been around, you know? I was playing when we were raiding Tarren Mill and having to go there from Ironforge or Stormwind (I played Alliance then), I often would just arrive to a field populated by skeletons and nothing else, so I have an idea how the lack of flight affects me and the world itself.

I can't. I'm not full of shit and I'm not demanding they be forced to ride flying mounts.

But most of all I'm not bullshitting everyone about crap like World PVP and how flying mounts killed it. I've been around, you know? I was playing when we were raiding Tarren Mill and having to go there from Ironforge or Stormwind (I played Alliance then), I often would just arrive to a field populated by skeletons and nothing else, so I have an idea how the lack of flight affects me and the world itself.
    Fair enough .. I played since vanilla to and I think the removal of South Shore hurt WPVP more then flight ever could... unless your talking about ganking.

ya know this thread is far less entertaining w/out all the anti flight people = (
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-07-14 at 10:33 PM.

Just gonna give you guys some firewood. That last blue post you probably already talked to death seemed pretty happy about keeping no-flying till at least 6.1. I imagine for most "anti-flight" people that sealed the deal, as people are apparently acting with a range of emotions to it but blizzard seems happy to keep it for now having seen it in beta @ with lvl 100's afaik.

No point entertaining people who are just throwing their toys out the pram when mommies already decided they aren't getting the lolly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Just gonna give you guys some firewood. That last blue post you probably already talked to death seemed pretty happy about keeping no-flying till at least 6.1. I imagine for most "anti-flight" people that sealed the deal, as people are apparently acting with a range of emotions to it but blizzard seems happy to keep it for now having seen it in beta @ with lvl 100's afaik.

No point entertaining people who are just throwing their toys out the pram when mommies already decided they aren't getting the lolly.
    Pretty sure Blizz would like to maintain any type of lag for all player speed in the xpack. It's why they announced the 6.1 goal at Blizzcon. To make sure that they had a failsafe.

Then why do you think it went from "Wait and See" to "We don't know" to now being "We think 6.1 is a good place to allow flight"?

IMO it was either sub loss, number of pre orders refunded, the multiple threads on the subject, or beta testers feedback (although I doubt this cause they haven't reached endgame yet).

I am leaning towards the number of pre orders they had to refund.

Also be aware it looks like the majority of the anti flight crowd has bailed on this thread ... so I wouldn't think you will find much sympathy for your cause...

Seems like we were not the minority after all huh?
    It never went from one statement to another. It was always "Maybe 6.1 but we'll see how it goes". It's what he said a couple of months ago. It's what he said a couple of days ago.

What happened was you guys got all worked up over a small statement stating that it might not return 6.1 a couple of months ago. A couple of you threatened to quit and screamed bloody murder. Then Bashiok says the exact same thing a couple of days ago, and now you rejoice in the return of flying.

The phrase 'reading comprehension' gets tossed around here so haphazardly, but it really is the very definition of the issue we are having here. Read and understand what they are saying. And for the love of god, know that flying OR no flying isn't set in stone at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Also i would like to single this line out. I don't care how many people have sympathy for my cause. Especially in such a small collective amount of players as the MMOC forums. I've always wanted WoW without flight. So i'll continue to be an advocate of that. Even if it does come back in 6.1, it'll just be the same old game as it's been since BC. Afraid to make any differences because people are so scared of change.

6.0 to 6.1 will just be a point of time I talk with my friends about some time in the future about how fun it was without flying.

Even if announced at Blizzcon I still would have been pissed about the removal of flight, and still would have quit. I just don't buy removing a feature that has been in the game for 7 years (a widely popular feature) to be a good idea... IMO

As far as Bashioks recent statement I see it as a good sign. We went from flying in 6.1, Wait and See, to We Dont know, and now we are at 6.1 seems like a good place to allow flying.... but before i purchase I am going to wait for a commitment.

You want my money give me my wings
    At this point, I won't even consider buying until flying is actually active in game.

I'm in the same boat except flying will have to actually have been patched into the game before I consider playing. I simply don't trust Blizzard with all the bait and switch. Flying would have to be back in the game before I feel I could trust and believe them.
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2014-07-14 at 11:22 PM.

6.0 to 6.1 will just be a point of time I talk with my friends about some time in the future about how fun it was without flying.
    And at that end point I will say thank goodness flying is back and man it sure is easy to farm ores and herbs again.

It never went from one statement to another. It was always "Maybe 6.1 but we'll see how it goes". It's what he said a couple of months ago. It's what he said a couple of days ago.

What happened was you guys got all worked up over a small statement stating that it might not return 6.1 a couple of months ago. A couple of you threatened to quit and screamed bloody murder. Then Bashiok says the exact same thing a couple of days ago, and now you rejoice in the return of flying.

The phrase 'reading comprehension' gets tossed around here so haphazardly, but it really is the very definition of the issue we are having here. Read and understand what they are saying. And for the love of god, know that flying OR no flying isn't set in stone at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Also i would like to single this line out. I don't care how many people have sympathy for my cause. Especially in such a small collective amount of players as the MMOC forums. I've always wanted WoW without flight. So i'll continue to be an advocate of that. Even if it does come back in 6.1, it'll just be the same old game as it's been since BC. Afraid to make any differences because people are so scared of change.

6.0 to 6.1 will just be a time I talk with my friends about some point in the future about how fun it was without flying.
    First, we were not the ones screaming victory for the no-flying community. Most of the posts you are moaning about are in response to that statement and the idea that if this isn't combated it may end up being true.

And second, what fucking change? Seriously stop saying that. Some of us played when there were no flying mounts. All of us leveled without flying mounts. There is not new experience to fear. We know what it brings and we don't like it. Do you understand that?

And I can't wait to see guys like you talking with their "friends" on trade chat about how awesome no flying was. I will get such a cheap trill laughing at your crocodile tears.

And second, what fucking change? Seriously stop saying that. Some of us played when there were no flying mounts. All of us leveled without flying mounts. There is not new experience to fear. We know what it brings and we don't like it. Do you understand that?
    "B-b-b-b-but it will be DIFFERENT this time!" Or something. I don't know. I've tried every iteration of no flying content that Blizzard has ever released. Travel was absolutely the worst part of vanilla for me. I started playing like 8 months before BC so I think I already knew flying was being added in the new areas. I looked forward to it a lot. BC I couldn't stand to level alts really once I had flying. I think I might have gotten one alt to 70 eventually near the end of the expac. Just too hard to go back knowing how much better it could be. IQD was pretty much the only no-fly daily quest zone that didn't make me want to rip my hair out in frustration, I think because it was a small area with lore and design I happened to like, so it was tolerable. Wrath, I enjoyed 77+ so much more and had tons of fun leveling alts once the flight tome was added. Cata I had so many alts because I LOVED being able to fly nonstop from 60-85, it made leveling so much fun, I barely used the dungeon finder, I just did each dungeon once for quests then flew around doing as many quests as I could, I would usually level with several zones left because I was having fun and would completely each zone fully before moving on. Unfortunately Cata endgame sucked so pretty much all I did was level alts after a while, besides the obligatory couple days a week of raiding once things were on farm. I took a break after that, came back to try MoP. HATED leveling. Being grounded was horrible. Hated Isle of Thunder. Hated Isle of Giants. Hated Timeless Isle. Pandaria mainland did have some fun things once I hit 90 that I would fly around doing like all the Lorewalkers stuff, and the dailies that were not so horrible now that they weren't behind multiple gates and required for gear.

Heck, even if Draenor was one big Isle of Quel'danas - it would still suck because the only reason I liked that place was because of how TINY it was and the terrain was pretty flat.

Oh, and if anyone comes back and says "But you haven't experienced no flying on Draenor, maybe you'd like it!" Well, by that logic, you haven't experienced flying on Draenor either, maybe you'd like it even if you hated flying in every single other place. See how bad that argument is now?
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2014-07-14 at 11:33 PM.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why this is such a big deal to some people. The ONLY complaint I can think of is that farming will take longer since you can't fly node to node, or bypass mobs you don't want to fight while you get where you're going. The game feels so much bigger when you can't just fly from one side to the other. Does it take longer to get places? Sometimes. Usually if you're traveling long distances you can just take the flight path. Yes, flight paths can be slower than just riding your flyer in a straight line from point A to point B... but is saving ~30 seconds really THAT big of a deal? Are you really in that much of a hurry to get there that ~30 seconds is going to make or break whatever you're trying to accomplish?

Is taking flight paths immersive? No, not really. But blizz isn't claiming they are. Flying from point A to point B on your flyer isn't immersive either. Your flyer is just a vessel. The immersion comes from running around in the world while questing, farming, interacting with the world, pvp'ing in the open world, and feeling like the world is bigger than you. Right now, all of the continents lack the feel of being a WORLD your character lives in. They feel like empty buildings, unused architecture, forgotten ghost towns. Why? Because god damn everyone is either sitting in a capital city waiting for a queue to pop, or they're just chilling somewhere on their flyer, completely removed from the world. Is taking away flyers going to make the 20-90 zones populated? No, of course not. Are you more likely to see people running around in the open world in these zones? Maybe... but most everyone traveling a long way will just take flight paths. The entire reason for this change in my opinion, is to make the game feel like a world. Not just a pretty view you fly over and can observe, but a world your character LIVES, BREATHES, INTERACTS, and CONTRIBUTES in.

I loved the Isle of Thunder. Doing the daily quests were a ton of fun. Running around the zone the first few times was awesome to see all the architecture and flavor of the island. It really made it feel like you were assisting in mounting an assault on the Thunder King's defenses. It really felt like you were an integral part of the machine that eventually brought the Thunder King to his knees. It wasn't just, "Fly here, pick up these quests, fly over everything, drop down right where I need to go for this quest, kill this dude, fly back up, return quest." It was engaging, it was immersive, it was FUN.

Timeless Isle was meh, but none of my negatives toward the Timeless Isle were due to no flying mounts. I really did enjoy running around and exploring the Timeless Isle, finding all the hidden chests, and seeing each of the rare mob/boss for the first time. The time-travel thing was meh, quests were meh, but that's off-topic.

Blizzard has already stated that they're making every mount able to be used as a ground mount, so you cannot QQ about being restricted from using the mounts you've invested a lot of time/money into. If you're seriously considering un-subbing because of no flying for the first patch, I would bet that there are far more things in the game that you're displeased with, and the no flying is just a straw that's breaking the camel's back. It's really not that negative... and in my opinion, the positives far outweigh any negative.

A lot of your arguments revolve around quest design. Which is a non-issue regarding flying, since we can't fly during leveling anyway. Even if we could fly at max level flying isn't going to ruin quests, since you can simply choose to not fly. In the past Blizzard has shown they can easily combine flying and questing, but suddenly for MoP they lost some part of their creativity and can't do it anymore.