Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Seeing other people isn't interaction.
    I know it may come to a shock to some but seeing someone does not constitute interaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are just going to have to face it. Different folks get their immersion from different aspects of the game. For some, nothing could possibly immerse them into a whole other world like flying through it.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I know it may come to a shock to some but seeing someone does not constitute interaction.
    But it can turn into an interaction, and with or without interaction seeing someone is still better than not.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You didn't address the fact that portals and flight paths take you away from the game more so than flying mounts. With flying mounts I can stop and do what I want and interact with anything. Flying doesn't take me out of the game. Flying makes me participate more in the open world. I AFK while riding the flight paths, and portals skip more content than anything.
    He did address that actually in his very first sentence. And it's been addressed before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    You guys are just going to have to face it. Different folks get their immersion from different aspects of the game. For some, nothing could possibly immerse them into a whole other world like flying through it.
    And those people have had that play style for a while so it's time to switch.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-08-07 at 01:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    That is literally, exactly, the words that constituted my post.

So, thanks for agreeing?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    But it can turn into an interaction, and with or without interaction seeing someone is still better than not.
    and even with flying at max level, when you get to a quest area it can still turn into interaction. Flying is not the problem and if you're talking about the journey to a quest area; you mean nothing to my journey, I don't need to see you or even know you exist.

If you're not my target or quest or objective. I don't need to know you or see you much less pretend I want to interact with you.

If that is how you want to play thats fine but for the love of God don't think others would want too. Your not that interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    That is literally, exactly, the words that constituted my post.

So, thanks for agreeing?
    I agree with you wholeheartedly.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-08-07 at 02:02 AM.

The thing about flying in wow is that it introduces the claw game to questing. If anyone remembers cata where flying was available right away, they'll remember how boring and easy quest were. I can't imagine just jumping in and out of Tanaan jungle to complete quests. It really trivializes things as well as ruining some immersion as a result.

If anyone has a solution that fixes the claw questing problem i'd love to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    The thing about flying in wow is that it introduces the claw game to questing. If anyone remembers cata where flying was available right away, they'll remember how boring and easy quest were. I can't imagine just jumping in and out of Tanaan jungle to complete quests. It really trivializes things as well as ruining some immersion as a result.

If anyone has a solution that fixes the claw questing problem i'd love to hear it.
    Flying at max level should be fine at that point as well as better quest design to fix your claw quest problem as well as no one really wants flying before max level.

They can set any tone and pace in any quest through better quest design. Flying at max level isn't the problem. Willing to do it seems impossible for blizzard.

Even in their own example, if you want players to kill some random warlocks, add that in as bonus quests. Lets players do it for extra stuff or not. Hell, have it as a regular objective if you want them to kill other things. Assuming everyone wants to kill some random crap cause they see it is stupid design.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-08-07 at 02:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying at max level and max-level quests that aren't boring as shit.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I actually really loved Cata leveling. I had the most alts at max level in Cata though I had a bunch in WotLK as well after the flying tome was added.

Unfortunately max level in Cata sucked IMO....

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Higher than 'sent a guy an invite, he declined, no interaction'. What about everyone you run into in the world. You're not just inviting all of them demanding interaction. It already happens by just seeing other people in the game world.
    Look up the definition of interaction and come back and fix your terrible post. Just because I see you in the open world doesn't mean I am interacting with you. To interact with you, I'd need to talk, attack, emote, etc...

The quests have been boring and easy since TBC(minus a few quests that were hard for solo play). I don't see how it can trivialize any quests since it doesn't kill anything for you. The only thing flying trivializes is the methods of skipping irrelevant trash. But, be honest, you won't ever stop to fight ever single trash mob between you and your target no mater what the method of travel is. You will still try and skip the trash.

Also, stop with the immersion argument. It's starting to get insulting... Because you assume that your immersion is the only one that matters. What about my immersion that I get from flying? What about my immersion when I see a greatest flying creatures grounded, flapping frantically as they try to fly?

Nothing will "fix" the "claw questing" because it isn't broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Can't wait to be back on the ground again. Thanks Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by SRTtoZ View Post
    You could go be on the ground right now if you wanted in Timeless Isle and various other places Blizz already doesn't let you fly (if you just can't resist the flying mount everywhere else, even though open world activities other than mining and picking flowers aren't even competitive).

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    You could go be on the ground right now if you wanted in Timeless Isle and various other places Blizz already doesn't let you fly (if you just can't resist the flying mount everywhere else, even though open world activities other than mining and picking flowers aren't even competitive).
    Did he provoke you somehow? All i'm reading is that he's happy about the decision they made.

Anyway, you could be in the air in WoD if you wanted in Azeroth and various other places (if you just refuse to deal with something so minor for a patch).

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    Did he provoke you somehow? All i'm reading is that he's happy about the decision they made.

Anyway, you could be in the air in WoD if you wanted in Azeroth and various other places (if you just refuse to deal with something so minor for a patch).
    The difference is right now there is current expansion content both with and without flying. In WoD there won't be. One side gets everything they want and the other side gets shit on completely. No thanks, not paying for that.

What you think is minor is not minor to me. For me, flying is one of the most amazing things ever added to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    Where do you see him attacking the other person? The only thing I see is a rational post addressing a non-constructive post. It's rather odd that you would interpret his post to being hostile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Neither portals nor flight paths give you the option of permanently leaving the game world like flying does. And neither give the option to take off / drop down wherever you please making interaction with the world and other players optional.

- - - Updated - - -

Can I get a high five too if I also make a generic pro flight post real quick?

On a flight path i see less of the world than on a flying mount, with a portal i see even less than on a flight path so to me that reason is not really a reason, what about stealth then?, that can do the exact same as flying except the flying part obvisously, blizzards example was that people could swoop down and skip content, but so can Rogues/druids even hunters now, should they remove/change stealth as well?

I am not pro flight at all by the way, don't give a fuck about flying i am just really curious why people find flying so bad ONLY after a blizzard employee said it was bad, before that no one ever talked about how flight was bad, then comes 1 blue and suddenly people are like "oh yeah flying is bad".

Also, i actually use my ground mount now when i am in an area i really like as you know, i have an OPTION, with no flying you have 1 option only and that's ground mount, now i love being on ground but why alienate so many peopleby taking away options?, I just don't understand the mentality of the anti flight people when we that likes benig on ground already have the abilitiy to be on the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Illogical at the highest degree. You may AFK on a flight path. But you still have to come back to play the game in the actual world. And portals are instant travel from one area of the world to another so no it doesn't skip any content what so ever. And again, both do not give the option of picking and choosing what part of the world you want to skip.

Your attempt to glorify flying is awful. You can literally do that with out flying. You just want the convenience.
    Actually portal does skip content, if you want no flight, portals should be removed (flight paths as well) as it skips content, let's say you need to go to Blasted lands, do you take the portal there, flight path, fly yourself or use a ground mount?, if you do one of the 2 latter you are not skipping content, (flight path not su much either) but if you take the portal you now skipped shitloads of content, so why is portals okay?.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SRTtoZ View Post
    Hmm, i am already using my ground mount quite a lot a lot in the live version and i don't even need Blizzard to force me!

Deleted
    It's shocking this tread is still going :-D

It's really not important what side of the debate you're on. One side will be very very disappointed when Blizzard make their final decision.

Deleted

Thumbs up

Hopefully Blizzard will stand their ground and go through with this. Hopefully they will go through and not add flying for WoD at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Hopefully Blizzard will stand their ground and go through with this. Hopefully they will go through and not add flying for WoD at all.
    They have already begun backpeddaling. When WoD opens with a less than stellar launch, it will be back in 6.1. Then you, and the other anti-fliers can put your money where your mouth is and leave the game since it obviously bothers you that much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yppah View Post
    It's shocking this tread is still going :-D

It's really not important what side of the debate you're on. One side will be very very disappointed when Blizzard make their final decision.
    I made a promise 400 pages ago to keep this fight on page ONE and continue to be a pain in Blizzard's ass about it until flying is instated in 6.1. Since I am not a liar, I intend to do just that. In the meantime, I will also keep attacking them on FB, Twitter, YouTube, and other media outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    They have already begun backpeddaling. When WoD opens with a less than stellar launch, it will be back in 6.1. Then you, and the other anti-fliers can put your money where your mouth is and leave the game since it obviously bothers you that much.
    The funny thing is they have been playing a game for the past 7 years with flying ... If I hated something that much I would have quit. Hell I quit before this no flying thing went live. I haven't been subbed for four months (approx) and had my preorder refunded.

Hell it would be nice if they would at least regard this with as much attention as they do a single spell change. You know travel .. something that affects every player in the game.

Didn't they say they did not intend for travel times to increase or to make it a tedious chore, but yet they have not said how they intend to accomplish this and as shown in beta it still does increase travel time and is still as tedious as every other expac.

I really hope that come this live stream they are having this month we will get a definite answer as to when and if flying will return in WoD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post

I made a promise 400 pages ago to keep this fight on page ONE and continue to be a pain in Blizzard's ass about it until flying is instated in 6.1. Since I am not a liar, I intend to do just that. In the meantime, I will also keep attacking them on FB, Twitter, YouTube, and other media outlets.
    You are far more dedicated then me. I have just been playing Wildstar.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-08-07 at 11:37 AM.