Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Spires of Arak are filled with treasures but you need item from vendor to see them on minimap otherwise they are hard to notice. Those are mostly filled with archeology stuff.
    Which reinforces my point that it is just archaeology at this point. The Ashran PVP isle offers more "world exploration" for cool buffs, class specific books, etc than the main land continent. How sad is that?

On live, Timeless Isle has more puzzles it appears than all of WoD continent itself which should show that despite making a "no flying" stance by Blizz they failed to deliver to make the world more immersive with puzzles that flight would supposedly trivialize.

I would be fine with that, more golds.
    Except even though you are getting more gold you will be able to purchase less with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Which reinforces my point that it is just archaeology at this point. The Ashran PVP isle offers more "world exploration" for cool buffs, class specific books, etc than the main land continent. How sad is that?

On live, Timeless Isle has more puzzles it appears than all of WoD continent itself which should show that despite making a "no flying" stance by Blizz they failed to deliver to make the world more immersive with puzzles that flight would supposedly trivialize.
    Because it is all about slowing down the consumption of content. This change isn't being made for the players, it is being made for the Devs, and the bottom line.

If this was such a great change for the players why did they not announce it on stage at Blizzcon like they did w/the removal of reforging

It is because even Blizz knows that no flight isn't about improving players experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Except even though you are getting more gold you will be able to purchase less with it.
    I have plenty of gold and a good guild, we will adapt and profit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Unless the player is a gatherer. So my main who is a engineer/Leatherworker is screwed.

Why does Blizz seem intent on turning this into a tedious grind of a MMO like the Korean ones.
    Why do you need to level your professions? I guess you can level your engineering for the rare helmet at level cap, but that thing will be outdated in a week or two. I don't see anyone using the gear gained from professions when there are so many better ways to get gear. They don't offer you any stat bonuses anymore, either.

I can't think of a single reason to level my professions except for pets and mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Ashran provides so many rewards that there is zero reason for a PVP minded player to even bother with the main land for "world PVP"

It was revealed recently that you could earn conquest points in Ashran along with so many other rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    The mounts are faction specific, even if you leveled an alliance character and bought the chopper you can not use it on your horde characters.
    Yes; I want to ride the Ally chopper on Ally characters.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Why do you need to level your professions? I guess you can level your engineering for the rare helmet at level cap, but that thing will be outdated in a week or two. I don't see anyone using the gear gained from professions when there are so many better ways to get gear. They don't offer you any stat bonuses anymore, either.

I can't think of a single reason to level my professions except for pets and mounts.
    I'll level Enchanting as it has value long term. But tailoring is going to be terrible if nothing changes:

One Hexweave cloth to craft requires: 20 Sumptuus Furs, 10 Gorgrond Flytraps. To craft 20 Hexweave cloths I would need 400 Sumptuous Furs, and 200 Gorgrond Flytraps. Yuck lol.

"Fur woven into fine cloth. The basis for most Tailoring in Draenor."

The basic crafting material of a Tailor and it is a grind to obtain LMAO. Worst part of all is that there are some NPC's that do drop Hexweave cloth but they are very limited and in only certain areas which means they will be difficult to farm due to WoW tagging system. And let me point out that reaching these areas by ground mount isn't fun.

I'll level Enchanting as it has value long term. But tailoring is going to be terrible if nothing changes:

One Hexweave cloth to craft requires: 20 Sumptuus Furs, 10 Gorgrond Flytraps. To craft 20 Hexweave cloths I would need 400 Sumptuous Furs, and 200 Gorgrond Flytraps. Yuck lol.

"Fur woven into fine cloth. The basis for most Tailoring in Draenor."

The basic crafting material of a Tailor and it is a grind to obtain LMAO. Worst part of all is that there are some NPC's that do drop Hexweave cloth but they are very limited and in only certain areas which means they will be difficult to farm due to WoW tagging system. And let me point out that reaching these areas by ground mount isn't fun.
    Probably jewelcrafting and enchanting would be useful for guilds, but you only really need one of each(since there are only like 5 gems anymore lol). Tailoring, blacksmithing, engineering, and leatherworking all seem so pointless to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    clear it the 5 times per hour before getting locked out.
    Just a note, they've changed the cap to 10 instances/hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    WPvP was extremely prevalent in the no flying areas. There's a correlation that you're refusing to acknowledge.
    Never saw any PvP on IoT and the only PvP I saw on TI was people with the censer. Moral of the story, Blizz just needs to offer people an ugly mount as a reward and they will world PvP? Heck make people with censers able to fight each other and there would be world PvP even if people could fly on TI because they'd all want the dumb mount.

I don't even LIKE world PvP and I would still go to TI with the censer at like 3am and hang out on the beach or courtyard (anywhere else was just too annoying to travel) killing people when I couldn't sleep just to add another mount to the huge collection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Just me, but no flying in 50% of Nagrand is better than no flying in 100% of Nagrand.
    If I wanted jumping puzzles I'd play a platform game. Yuck. I seriously LOATHE jumping puzzles. Trading flying for jumping puzzles is like trading a nice gooey chocolate cake for a bag of shit...

- - - Updated - - -

You would get constantly dismounted because those puzzles are all over the places, not just in one spot, and it would lead to potentional "exploits" to get those rewards (slowfall, glide , etc.)
    Flying mount gives you a debuff that lasts x minutes after dismounting and means you can't open treasure chests, click on puzzles, etc.

I'd have it 100% of the time. I hate those kinds of puzzles anyway. I took one try at the IoT one and pretty much said fuck it I'm never coming back ever.

Professions (crafting) are heavily reliant on gathering professions/garrisons in WoD and the lack of flying makes it a big problem.
    The materials required per crafting recipe can be adjusted so that the difficulty of making any particular item is at the intended level.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The materials required per crafting recipe can be adjusted so that the difficulty of making any particular item is at the intended level.
    Um, yeah, they can be adjusted... But, I don't see what your point is.

Quote Originally Posted by karkooshy View Post
    I think the comparison was between IRL suicide and how ridiculous and overdramatic these reactions are. I can see the arguments from both ends, but if you're canceling your sub because of lack of flying, then this game is not for you. Unless all you do while you're logged in is fly around in circles or something?

Actually i use my ground mount most of the time as i like being on ground i don't fall for the "but flying ruins it for me" shit people are spouting.

Deleted
    My personal opinion? You mean like how it's your opinion that mobility will have an impact on professions? I stated a fact and provided my opinion based around that fact. Do you even know what's happening to profession in the expansion? I know they won't provide any bonuses, so I won't be leveling mine. I can then use all that ore/herb/skins to sell to credulous people like you.
    Don't count on my buying aything, I am pretty self-sufficient. I stated a fact that is based on market dynamics, known to be true IN THE REAL WORLD for over 500 years. Go ahead, visit a basic lecture in economics at your local university. They will tell you the same. So much for "opinion". And yes, I know that combat perks have been removed. That doesn't mean they have no use any more. Example: as an engineer, I will still get my superior head piece, which is BoP, so good luck just bying one. Small Perk? Yes. Still a Perk? Yes. Also, what makes you think the recipes are final?

The fun part: NOTHING if that changes the fact, that your post was in no way related to the ongoing discussion about ingame economics. It looks like you just randomly quoted a post to put your opinion about something else under it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Don't count on my buying aything, I am pretty self-sufficient. I stated a fact that is based on market dynamics, known to be true IN THE REAL WORLD for over 500 years. Go ahead, visit a basic lecture in economics at your local university. They will tell you the same. So much for "opinion". And yes, I know that combat perks have been removed. That doesn't mean they have no use any more. Example: as an engineer, I will still get my superior head piece, which is BoP, so good luck just bying one. Small Perk? Yes. Still a Perk? Yes. Also, what makes you think the recipes are final?

The fun part: NOTHING if that changes the fact, that your post was in no way related to the ongoing discussion about ingame economics. It looks like you just randomly quoted a post to put your opinion about something else under it.
    We'll see soon when the profession get all their components implemented. But, everything that I have seen while playing beta and data-mining suggests that professions will take a back seat compared to what they used to be.

I'm really hoping they will work something out where they can input flying in later. Hoping for patch #2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xJmacx View Post
    I'm really hoping they will work something out where they can input flying in later. Hoping for patch #2.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We still think a 6.1 patch seems like a pretty reasonable point where flying would become available in Draenor, likely with some kind of aforementioned prerequisite. Maybe it's gold, maybe it's some kind of epic quest, maybe something more straightforward. But we're staying open to changing that post-release if it seems like it's working out really well and we want to keep rolling with it. I'm digging that there seems to be a pretty reasonable mix of beta experiences here though. Definitely looking forward to feedback when we get to the max-level content too.

Deleted
    Flying just doesn't work in the world Blizzard is creating. Flying makes everything so obsolete.

''It was never a problem but suddenly becomes a problem now''. It was always a problem, even in Burning Crusade where they added it.

Blizzard just aren't able to create a world where you are going to take ground mounts over fly mounts, and that's why they are removing flying, because they can create so much more down on the ground than they can do in the air.

For me it was either remove instant-teleportation menus and portals or remove flying mounts, because having both of these are just too stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Flying just doesn't work in the world Blizzard is creating. Flying makes everything so obsolete.

''It was never a problem but suddenly becomes a problem now''. It was always a problem, even in Burning Crusade where they added it.

Blizzard just aren't able to create a world where you are going to take ground mounts over fly mounts, and that's why they are removing flying, because they can create so much more down on the ground than they can do in the air.

For me it was either remove instant-teleportation menus and portals or remove flying mounts, because having both of these are just too stupid.
    They added MORE teleports in WoD not less. Do you guys even play the WoD beta? There is nothing immersive about what they have done, especially with removal of quest hubs....It is huge step back to Everquest 1999....

They added MORE teleports in WoD not less. Do you guys even play the WoD beta?
    ...Did you even read what he said?

There is nothing immersive about what they have done, especially with removal of quest hubs
    Have you even toyed with garrisons yet? There's dailies there. Or are we just going to ignore that?