Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    That pretty much has nothing to do with what the devs said. Did you just replace their statements with a charicature of your own invention so you could dismiss them without effort?

There is going to be repeatable content at level cap out in the world (otherwise, what is the point of even being out there on your precious flying mount?) They are designing that content under the assumption you can't shortcircuit it by flying. Really, this is not hard to understand, if you don't deliberately try not to understand it.
    You are more than familiar enough with the game to be smarter than believing this nonsense. The entire concept that you can "shortcircuit" any form of content outside of climbing/jumping puzzles without the devs being able to do anything about it is utterly implausible. If they are scrapping the transit system for the sake of jumping/climbing puzzles then god help us all.

In terms of the questing experience, you know very well that quests like Bashiok's strawman example are very few, far between and generally contain subquests to kill X of the named mobs henchmen or the quest hub contains side quests that force you to poke around on the ground to complete.

Single target quests don't exist in a vacuum and flying over a bit of trash didn't render all those level 90 dailies that everyone bitched and moaned about in 5.0/5.1 in any way trivial.

If we're losing flying for the sake of being forced to kill a bit more trash on the ground, then we're not gaining very much.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    You are more than familiar enough with the game to be smarter than believing this nonsense. The entire concept that you can "shortcircuit" any form of content outside of climbing/jumping puzzles without the devs being able to do anything about it is utterly implausible. If they are scrapping the transit system for the sake of jumping/climbing puzzles then god help us all.

In terms of the questing experience, you know very well that quests like Bashiok's strawman example are very few, far between and generally contain subquests to kill X of the named mobs henchmen or the quest hub contains side quests that force you to poke around on the ground to complete.
    You pretty much contradicted yourself there. First you say such content is utterly implausible, then you describe one such example of that content. I'm sure if you allowed yourself to admit the possibility you could imagine content like that being more than "very few, far between". But no, that would contradict the Whining Narrative, therefore it can't possibly be true, right?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    I would be fine with temporary removal, I don't think temporary is what Blizzard has in mind.

Yes fast travel is part of the reason people like flying.

Slowing content consumption with long travel times like between Booty Bay to Light's hope is a horrible way to reduce content consumption. Flight taxi remove you from the game. You are handcuffed for a forced AFK. Personal flying mount let you swoop down and interact with the world at any time.

Convenience is not the big ticket for me. There is no fear, no danger, no risk, no challenge and little reward slogging through low level mobs. I play WoW for fun, tedious and boring trash mobs are not fun. And that's what it's about for me. Doing what is Fun.

It is not lazy to participate in the aspects of the game you enjoy and skip that which we do not like. For me, I skip PvP, pet battles and archaeology. This is a good thing, Blizzard puts enough in the game to entertain a very large group of people.

Freedom lets us choose to play want we enjoy in the game and skip that which we do not. Again this is a good thing.

It's not just a preferred method of travel.

You can do this at any time, don't fly.

This is incorrect. He said we needed an "overwhelming" majority for flight to be introduced to WoD and that there luckly was not a significant majority that want it. There is very little hope that flight will return.

You don't know this, it is your guess.

I'm on a PvE server, you will get no "competition" from me.

I still think there is enough room in the game for both points of view. In the unlikely event that flying was introduced into WoD, it would be after a long delay. The no fly crowd would get no fly everywhere for that time. After that they would still have no fly in zones like Assram and other TI type zones. Pro flyers would have to wait, but would get flying in some WoD zones eventually.
    Thank you for providing the education as I was about to do it myself.

Like I said on page 1 of this thread this will up there with Star Wars NGE if they go through with this no flying stance.

NGE didn't only gut the combat play of Star Wars but also it went from having the best crafting system to a complete pointless timesinks. WoW's current crafting system is sub par compared to industry standards but in WoD is going to reach a level of mediocrity unparalleled for a AAA MMO.

Removing flying is a timesink with nothing to show for it.

1. No central quest hubs
    2. No more scenarios
    3. Most exploration of cool items is on Ashran not even on the main continent
    4. Rares will drop loot only once
    5. Level 100 content is grinding Apexis crystals

WoD is a step backwards...one would assume with the removal of flying that they would be able to take a quantum leap in game design. But they are going backwards. WoD leveling experience is better than MoP but it is still inferior than WotLK, BC and Vanilla. WoD doesn't have the size or content of Vanilla, the new music/artwork direction in BC or the story with WotLK which binds the zone along with the atmosphere of a northern continent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Like I said on page 1 of this thread this will up there with Star Wars NGE if they go through with this no flying stance.

NGE didn't only gut the combat play of Star Wars but also it went from having the best crafting system to a complete pointless timesinks. WoW's current crafting system is sub par compared to industry standards but in WoD is going to reach a level of mediocrity unparalleled for a AAA MMO.
    Ok, SWG always sucked. The CU actually made the combat tolerable.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    That pretty much has nothing to do with what the devs said. Did you just replace their statements with a charicature of your own invention so you could dismiss them without effort?

There is going to be repeatable content at level cap out in the world (otherwise, what is the point of even being out there on your precious flying mount?) They are designing that content under the assumption you can't shortcircuit it by flying. Really, this is not hard to understand, if you don't deliberately try not to understand it.
    Curious...during the long ass lull between cataclysm and MoP...and people bitching about the wait for new content, and Blizzard responding with false promises of "we are taking steps to insure this won't happen again"

Were you the dumb ass back then telling everyone to "back off, blizzard knows this wait time sucks and is taking steps to insure that this won't happen again"?

I ask this because you come across as this gullible, blizzard sound byte repeater...who doesn't (or can't) seem to incorporate his own thought on the subject.

/giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    It's not what they do, it's what they intend to do. It's what they are asking for. Some of us don't agree with that. Many of us are willing to let it slide for a patch because we are fully aware it's not gonna generate the miracles the unreasonable people in question seem to think.

For fuck sake, unless one is hit by amnesia Vanilla WoW will never return to any of us. It's time to accept that fact. Removing flight in WOD is bothersome but it's getting fixed in a patch. Asking to go past the first patch is asking to force people to do something you want, out of selfish, childish spite.
    And you ignore how we have been forced to play your way for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    And you ignore how we have been forced to play your way for years now.
    I didn't know you were held at gun point... I am truly sorry for your plight on being physically forced into playing like everyone else. =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I didn't know you were held at gun point... I am truly sorry for your plight on being physically forced into playing like everyone else. =(
    I'm sure your stake in being able to fly should be contingent on you actually playing the game.

Of course if you're not playing the game you really need to stop shouting at the rain and accept the choice you made.

Deleted
    Seems after 855 pages, most of us think blizzard are talking BS...then we have 10 blizzard moles talking even more BS trying to convince us that BS plus BS equals the truth

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Seems after 855 pages, most of us think blizzard are talking BS...then we have 10 blizzard moles talking even more BS trying to convince us that BS plus BS equals the truth
    I think the same could be said that we have 855 pages of the 'most of us' (the same 10 or so people posting almost all the 855 pages) saying that 'most of us' think Blizzard is talking BS. Then we have random people that come in and disagree and because they have different opinions they must be moles and that since they are different opinions it has to be BS to that same 10 or so 'most of us' that will post over and over again to make it look like we really have a mass movement here.

But the truth is everything in this thread is subjective. Minds have been made up. Almost all of it since about page 15-20 is pointless whining. The only BS posts in this thread at those that claim opionons and points of view are BS (like yours).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I think the same could be said that we have 855 pages of the 'most of us' (the same 10 or so people posting almost all the 855 pages) saying that 'most of us' think Blizzard is talking BS. Then we have random people that come in and disagree and because they have different opinions they must be moles and that since they are different opinions it has to be BS to that same 10 or so 'most of us' that will post over and over again to make it look like we really have a mass movement here.

But the truth is everything in this thread is subjective. Minds have been made up. Almost all of it since about page 15-20 is pointless whining. The only BS posts in this thread at those that claim opionons and points of view are BS (like yours).
    Glad that's all cleared up then.

The majority of opinions have voted for the return of flying, God I love living in a democracy.....up up and away

Glad that's all cleared up then.

The majority of opinions have voted for the return of flying, God I love living in a democracy.....up up and away
    I guess we can lean on the truth here.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...enor-Yes-or-No

-Majority don't want flying to return at all.
    -Second most is flying to MAYBE return at some point later one.
    -Finally in dead last is just have flying.

Now I understand since the poll didn't go your way that we will have techincalities of this not being the whole WoW community. I also understand that you might be able to morph that one opinion plus your opinion means most want it. Because you just winning is the point of you posting. I understand that and respect that standard internet position. So not mad or anything about it. But your loss in your attempt to just "win" with pointless posting. At least you will have to use a little spin to appear that way with the evidence we have here.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2014-08-23 at 09:41 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Ok, SWG always sucked. The CU actually made the combat tolerable.
    CU is not NGE. NGE is "SWG turned WoW"
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted

Now I understand since the poll didn't go your way that we will have techincalities of this not being the whole WoW community. I also understand that you might be able to morph that one opinion plus your opinion means most want it. Because you just winning is the point of you posting. I understand that and respect that standard internet position. So not mad or anything about it. But your loss in your attempt to just "win" with pointless posting. At least you will have to use a little spin to appear that way with the evidence we have here.
    Out of a mathematical point of view this poll actually reached enough voters to actually use it on the whole playerbase in terms of percentage
    (with an error margin of -+ 3-5% )
    Last edited by mmoc1172de686f; 2014-08-23 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evridej View Post
    Out of a mathematical point of view this poll actually reached enough voters to actually use it on the whole playerbase in terms of percentage
    (with an error margin of -+ 3-5% )
    I will leave that in your hands. I am no math guy or understand its role in most of these situations but it is nice to hear it could work.

Deleted

OH the poll....you should be a politician, or maybe work for blizzard...do you ?

Seeing the poll questions are rather confusing and misleading, due to the fact that most wow players except and expect to be on ground mounts till max level, the poll did show most wanted flying.
    OFC you will just dismiss that fact.....you really want to stick to a poll showing 300 out of 6.8 million is the basis of your argument ? GET REAL....and only over 18 pages.
    Now I'm no master at interpreting data, but would assume those that are, would value the data from 855 pages over 18 ?
    No doubt you'll probably point out again that any forum poster who does not share your opinion is....how did you put it ? >>>> pointless whining <<<<

Deleted
    OH the poll....you should be a politician, or maybe work for blizzard...do you ?

Seeing the poll questions are rather confusing and misleading, due to the fact that most wow players except and expect to be on ground mounts till max level, the poll did show most wanted flying.
    OFC you will just dismiss that fact.....you really want to stick to a poll showing 300 out of 6.8 million is the basis of your argument ? GET REAL....and only over 18 pages.
    Now I'm no master at interpreting data, but would assume those that are, would value the data from 855 pages over 18 ?
    No doubt you'll probably point out again that any forum poster who does not share your opinion is....how did you put it ? >>>> pointless whining <<<<
    its 850 out of 6,8 million which is enough yes. if you dont believe it just inform yourself there a basic charts which show you how many voters you need and the error margins its pretty simple.
    Also you do realize that most people who are ok with the changes beeing made dont feel the urge to post on a forum then someone who doesnt ?!

but hey its funny since its exactly how yggdrasil predicted what would happen
    Last edited by mmoc1172de686f; 2014-08-23 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evridej View Post
    its 850 out of 6,8 million which is enough yes.
    Also you do realize that most people who are ok with the changes beeing made dont feel the urge to post on a forum then someone who doesnt ?!

but hey its funny since its exactly how yggdrasil predicted what would happen
    Emotionally charge people will always try to spin things in their direction and make blind accusations with the hope of other emotionally charge people jumping on the band wagon and they will. Here in a few hours the usual group will be here posting like mad with their opinions, avoiding the data, and trying to drown the truth with just a mass of meh. Which is really the story of these 855 or so pages in this thread. A very few posting individually a TON of times to make it appear as if this overwhelming mass is agreeing with each other. When really it isn't. Then when raw data is presented it has to be wrong. Why you ask? It isn't their opinion.

40.89% is a majority....lol