Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Constructive!

What, hang on, you made a post, people disagreed with it passionately, and because of that, you don't feel the need to back your argument up?

Really showing the strength of your conviction there, champ. Almost as if this wasn't that big a deal for you from the beginning, and you were hoping to score some cheap 'hardcore WoW player' points, or something.
    Why bother be constructive in this thread when the people I am arguing against can't take a sliver of criticism? Everything you post in this thread is the same thing over and over again. It seems that anyone who voices their side of an argument against flight, you just nitpick every part of their post with some BS agenda that "flying is the only way to play WoW."

And Urasim, I find your posts tiresome. I'm putting you on ignore now.
    Last edited by Gaagii; 2014-08-25 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaagii View Post
    Why bother be constructive in this thread when the people I am arguing against can't take a sliver of criticism? Everything you post in this thread is the same thing over and over again. It seems that anyone who voices their side of an argument against flight, you just nitpick every part of their post with some BS agenda that "flying is the only way to play WoW."
    Flying is not the only way to play WOW. Players are free to run everywhere now. Although I must profess, I do not see many level 90's running. Running must not be a popular feature in MoP.

Why bother be constructive in this thread when the people I am arguing against can't take a sliver of criticism?
    What? You just admitted to not being able to take criticism, so you're now posting whatever you feel like posting.

"I tried to make a constructive argument several pages back, and you guys chewed my posts apart as if I came in and insulted your mother. At this point, I'm content with just saying what I want and not reading your posts after the first sentence."

I can take criticism just fine. In fact, I welcome it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    you have a lot of new people coming to this thread. it is important they know the majority support flying.
    Oh get a god damn grip. If anything the official forums and these forums are split nearly evenly. Look I get that people want flying in Wod, I really do but comments like this are hurting those who legitimately have an issue with lack of flying in Wod and is resulting in them being ignored because blowhards like you keep spamming mindless bullshit. It's disgraceful.

Something I have noticed is even people harshly critical of Blizzard and their stance on flying have had enough of your kind of nonsense. I would tread carefully here if I were you.

So you are saying, in a thread comprised of 'pro flight' and 'anti flight' people, that 'pro flight' people will "nit pick" the objections of a 'non-flight' person away, while 'anti flight' people are wholey understanding and fully accepting of the other sides views and don't 'nit pick' arguments at all, but they still aren't able to make a compelling argument to shut the conversation down?

Why post anything if you don't wish it to be nit picked apart, by any side?

Why post in this thread at all, if you think flying isn't worth discussing?
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yeah, I recognize that you're utterly incapable of choosing your own path. You need the mods to close the thread so you don't see or post in it anymore. You need Blizzard to disable flight so you can have fun on the ground. You can't do it yourself because you lack the control for it. I truly sympathize with your plight, and I wish you luck in your endeavors.

But, please, don't project yourself onto others. You might have this problem, but others don't have it.
    And comments like yours are even worse. This debate has been going on for years and even still to this day none of you will acknowledge that the issue people have with flying isn't that they literally hate flying mounts but they hate the impact it has on how players interact with each other and the game world (this applies to pve as well so don't even trot out the world pvp is dead bullshit either).

How can any of you expect Blizzard or those who wish to see flying removed entirely to see your side of things when you purposely and blatantly won't even acknowledge what their actual issue is? Telling people to use their ground mounts doesn't address the fact there are people being taken out of the game world because of flying mounts. THAT is their issue with flying. You people won't even get on the same page as Blizzard and expect to be heard. It's absurd. It really is.

A majority of what you and others are doing at this point is flat out straight up trolling and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Oh get a god damn grip. If anything the official forums and these forums are split nearly evenly. Look I get that people want flying in Wod, I really do but comments like this are hurting those who legitimately have an issue with lack of flying in Wod and is resulting in them being ignored because blowhards like you keep spamming mindless bullshit. It's disgraceful.

Something I have noticed is even people harshly critical of Blizzard and their stance on flying have had enough of your kind of nonsense. I would tread carefully here if I were you.
    ROFL! What will happen to him if he doesn't tread carefully?

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There's no competition in open world environment - which is where the travelling is happening.
    This is hilarious. According to the cross realm zone hate brigade (many of which seemed to have jumped on the no flying QQ bandwagon) spent well over a year doing nothing but bitch about competition for resources and quest mobs as a result of having people in their mmo.

ROFL! What will happen to him if he doesn't tread carefully?
    A nasty letter to his parents, I'm guessing.

cross realm zone hate brigade (many of which seemed to have jumped on the no flying QQ bandwagon
    Orly? Seeing as Xrealm doesn't exist in max level zones, why have these supposed tortured souls joined a cause that doesn't effect them one way or the other?

Seems like you might be trying to confuse two different issues in order to try and find a solid objection to flying at max level.
    It was a worthy effort, no doubt, not convincing, but worthy.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-08-25 at 10:55 PM.

So you are saying, in a thread comprised of 'pro flight' and 'anti flight' people, that 'pro flight' people will "nit pick" the objections of a 'non-flight' person away, while 'anti flight' people are wholey understanding and fully accepting of the other sides views and don't 'nit pick' arguments at all, but they still aren't able to make a compelling argument to shut the conversation down?

Why post anything if you don't wish it to be nit picked apart, by any side?

Why post in this thread at all, if you think flying isn't worth discussing?
    You're funny. You keep proving my point of how immature you are in this thread. I'll say it one last time before I put you on a long overdue ignore: PLay Diddy Kong Racing. It has flight, it holds your hand, and it has pretty rainbows. Leave Warcraft to the big boys.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-08-26 at 02:10 PM.

No, if you want to play the game to have fun, you do what makes the game fun. Like I said earlier, just because you can't control yourself doesn't mean others can't.

Ashran, arena, and BGs also reduces WPvP. That and phased content... Blizzard isn't setting the expansion up for WPvP. They have said it themselves.

Honestly, how do you expect to FIND anyone for WPvP when the world is huge, there's no reason to stay in it, and there are FAR better rewards for everyone elsewhere? Tell me, please, what keeps people in the open world if flight is gone?
    Fuck world pvp. Wow is an mmo and part of the draw of mmos is interacting with other players whether direct or indirect and flying removes that interaction. Pvp has very little to do with the reason many people have been critical of flying and trying to reduce this issue to a world pvp issue is not only transparent but extremely ineffective.

The comments fall on both sides. Blizzard has failed to show any sort of plan on how they intend to make up the difference between 310% and 100% travel speed.

To make matters worse:

Alex A says probably no flying

Bashiok says probably flying

Tom Chilton say probably no flying

This whole mess is Blizzard's fault really. They are spouting nonsense all over the place, who knows what to believe.

Someone at Blizzard needs to put on their big boy pants and write a final piece about how travel is going to be and what they have done to make traveling not a nightmare.

I could care less if I fly ever again. I am pissed my travel speed is being nerfed.

Until I read a legitimate post about flying and not some off the cuff remarks in an interview or on a forum post I am going to keep up with my posts.

I just want to know.

the game has been ruined by flying mounts, so im glad you'll not be flying anymore lol

Fuck world pvp. Wow is an mmo and part of the draw of mmos is interacting with other players whether direct or indirect and flying removes that interaction. Pvp has very little to do with the reason many people have been critical of flying and trying to reduce this issue to a world pvp issue is not only transparent but extremely ineffective.
    How does it remove that interaction? Please, for the love of everything, don't tell me that seeing someone is interacting. Because to interact you need to do more than seeing someone. That and I can see people flying, so it isn't a good argument anyway.

Would make the game so much better, but they'll never, ever do anything like this.
    They won't do this because even Blizzard is capable of comprehending flight affects more than just world pvp. Disabling flight on only pvp realms won't address the other problems flight causes. Problems many of you have yet to ever acknowledge in any meaningful way.

- - - Updated - - -

Misinform people of what? You think they might come into the thread, read and instantly make up their mind because of that? Do you have that little faith in people's objective reasoning?

If YOU want this thread to die, the easiest, most effective way you can accomplish that is by not posting here. Capeesh?
    Considering people are still running around claiming a majority of Draenor zones aren't complete which is why they won't have flying as a cost cutting measure despite actual evidence to the contrary, yes I think these threads do nothing more but spread misinformation and propaganda and have little to do with discussion.

They won't do this because even Blizzard is capable of comprehending flight affects more than just world pvp. Disabling flight on only pvp realms won't address the other problems flight causes. Problems many of you have yet to ever acknowledge in any meaningful way.
    Problems like what? You type a lot but you don't say anything...

You're funny. You keep proving my point of how immature you are in this thread. I'll say it one last time before I put you on a long overdue ignore: PLay Diddy Kong Racing. It has flight, it holds your hand, and it has pretty rainbows. Leave Warcraft to the big boys.
    This is a common type of answer we see from the anti-fly community.

Pro-flying says: If flying is such a bad thing why has it been the main source of transportation for over 7 years?

anti-flying says: Because Donkey Kong, thats why!!!

Pro-flying says: what?? i will ask again, If flying is such a bad thing why has it been the main source of transportation for over 7 years?

anti-flying says: See, all you do is ask the same question over and over....

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    May I ask, how exactly is this the thread misinforming people?

I might have agreed in earlier state of WoD's development when they clearly talked about patch 6.1 being a good point to launch flying in Draenor's main-continent, but hasn't the plans changed a bit now?

Tho... I still have a feeling that we'll be flying with first major patch.
    1. People claim it is a cost cutting measure. A lie which has been debunked repeatedly for nearly a year now at this point.
    2. People claim it is just to appease players on pvp realms while ignoring the issues players have with flying on pve realms.
    3. People claim it is to slow down consumption of content when Blizzard has implemented other methods of travel in Draenor that are just as fast or faster but don't take players out of the game world in the same way flying does not to mention the fact even people who want flying in Wod who are in beta have openly acknowledged it isn't nearly the end of the world they thought it would be.
    4. People have straight up lied about what Blizzard has said on the issue and when called on it they accuse others of fanboyism and generally harass them until chased out of the thread.

These threads haven't had any sort of discussion in them for a long time and exist solely as a vehicle for spreading more misinformation.

What???? You want me to prove I am not immature, by playing Diddy Kong Racing? I'm so far past immature, I don't even know what that is.

Nope, I won't play that shit house excuse for a distraction. Wanna know why? Cuz I never paid for a flying kart in Diddy kong. I never finished a bunch of races on ultra max hardest difficulty to get a flying kart. I never paid real money to get a flying kart. I never ground 30 hours of gameplay to get the rep I needed for that 1 flying cart. I never sat in 1 race track, for weeks on end, waiting for that 1 rare cart to pop up so I could add it to my cart collection.

Go Karts are supported in Diddy Kong Nappy change. Flying is supported in WoW.

Don't want flight in WoW? Why did you play it the last 8 years? Why didn't YOU move on to something without flight?

additionally, you do know that Ghost Crawler came out of his shell the other day and hammered WOW saying he is happy to have to not develop games for grandma to play anymore? Did you see that quote?