Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    I agree with the majority of your post, and I would ad that flying has never actually done any content for anyone. No one can complete any task while sitting on their flying mount, flying is used to take us to content, where we land, dismount, and do that content.

As for WPvP, I have started to really think how flying actually 'hurt' it in MoP, if at all. Southern KW was fully designed for WPvP, with PvP targets, rewards and PvP quests.
    IoT had a full set of PvP quests that rewarded CP over the RBG limit or VP, as well as a plethora of world boss mobs that would invite pvp while people waited for them to spawn.
    TI had the sensor and the same boss waiting pvp element.
    IoG had epic PvP battles on my PvE server trying to get a Oondasta tag.
    Plus the ability to get a posse together, or go solo, and camp people at the isolated pvp vendors, put out on the sticks away from the major hubs to promote wpvp.
    Or mix it up at the Shrines.
    Warbringers were also good places for skirmishes while waiting for spawns.
    *Plus people are always dueling outside Org and SW, they are pretty fun places for WPvP, guerrilla style.

All of these WPvP things were available as viable WPvP options in an overworld that included flight. I just don't get how the lack of WPvP is really a gripe with flying, when the options for it in a world with flight are plenty.

*Edit

Good post.

Most world PVP on my server happens in flying areas. If people want to fight they will fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter II View Post
    As for the instant transport, I think drawing the lines with mage portals seems about right. If we could scroll time after time (or hearth), it would feel more like Diablo. Then again, if they added something outside of the Scroll of Recall (for Scribes), I would not turn it down, as long as it came with a CD as well, and was specific to another in.
    We have hearthstones & we have inns, it's the perfect system for modern transport in a MMO combined with flight paths. Mage portals are no excuse to have a bad transport system in the game, mage portals will still have their place and their benefits as a way to transport the mage or his entire group to specific cities with no CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Because Blizzard is too lazy
    This is common misconception and a rather sheep-like statement. Blizzard are not lazy, they make some of the best games and try to improve them all the time. They are misguided and make a lot of wrong decisions. Yes. But they are not at all lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    We have hearthstones & we have inns, it's the perfect system for modern transport in a MMO combined with flight paths. Mage portals are no excuse to have a bad transport system in the game, mage portals will still have their place and their benefits as a way to transport the mage or his entire group to specific cities with no CD.
    I have to disagree with the instant transportation. It's just my opinion, but I think instant travel really spoils my immersion. I picture myself walking with Frodo and Sam, adventuring my way into Mordor. If we had just hopped an eagle, or had Gandalf teleport the ring into the lava, would have made for a very short book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Idk? Why should you? Why should you play a game you don't like?
    Not everyone enjoys every aspect of the game, but you already knew that. People can dislike one part of the game and still enjoy WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

We have play max level without flying in many places like the Molten Front, IOT and TI, but you already knew that.
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-09-03 at 07:54 PM.

The reality here is that blizzard wants you to continuous play the game as they intended and not skip over shit. That's fine it's their game. Unfortunately, I've played wow like that in vanilla. And it sucks. It doesn't take long to get old and annoying. At least for me. Some people, however like that shit. Whatever. That's their bag. And they can release gameplay footage of 5 minutes of rock humping to go kill some shitty ass npc who's seems to be labelled an elite for shits and giggles. I won't watch that crap and I shake my head at those who find that gameplay compelling.

But blizzard has taken out flying turning everything you do in this game into that much of a chore needlessly without adding any kind of compelling gameplay to compensate. Soooo that means that I'd rather waste my playtime playing something else that I consider more fun. Which is pretty much anything. Hell I'd rather post on these boards than go back to vanilla style gameplay.

Soo lets just kill the argument. I've voted with my wallet and haven't had the calling to come back to this game for the past few months now. It was a rather easy cancel. In the end it's blizzards game and we play it how they want us too. If you hate the direction quit. Don't bitch and moan, just quit. Trust me there are better games out there than this one now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Actually I tried in te beginning of this thread. Then about 200 pages ago I realized I was talking to a wall. So this thread is just entertainment until sensible people show up.

I'm glad to actually discuss it with people who don't feel the need to talk around things that are obviously true.
    Just because something is "obviously true' to you, does not make it true. Especially when we are talking opinions.

I have to disagree with the instant transportation. It's just my opinion, but I think instant travel really spoils my immersion. I picture myself walking with Frodo and Sam, adventuring my way into Mordor. If we had just hopped an eagle, or had Gandalf teleport the ring into the lava, would have made for a very short book.
    1. Grow up, you don't live in a fantasy world, and you can't be immersed while you game on your mechanical keyboard which is a result of 6000 years of technological evolution and drink mountain dew out of an aluminium can with the other hand, while sitting on your leather chair and hearing cars pass outside your window. Immersion is a silly excuse, at best.

2. Eagles couldn't fly you to Mordor because they weren't personal taxis, and because they would have had to fight the Nazgul to get to Mt. Doom, which they probably didn't feel like doing. Also, Gandalf can't teleport places, the Istari have limited magical abilities which they use sparsely. This isn't Harry Potter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    All reasons are legitimate. In fact I don't think either way you have legit or non-legit ways and whys to quitting. You either do or don't. Pretty simple. Where the line gets blurred is when someone takes there reason and tries to force it upon others and crusade about it to ruin other peoples day. If I want to quit over no flying. Fine. I would just peace out and be gone. I wouldn't spend months and months on forums arguing about why Blizzard forced me or why others should do the same because Blizzard is so wrong. Then lets say I did get upset to stick around and argue about it. First of all I would preach it to the folks that should hear it. Blizzard. Second I most certainly wouldn't have stuck around in the talk long enough to allow it to degenerate down to what is and isn't a legitimate reason to quit.

Just seems like going a bit to far. I quit, I quit. If I get pissy I preach until I get to my senses and realize I quit (quickly) and then just quit. Pretty simple.
    I'm not sure if you are aware of it or not, but this is a WoW fansite forum. We come here to discuss different aspects of the game. Don't tell us to just quit, we are here to discuss WoW on a WoW fansite.

Pretty simple.
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-09-03 at 08:00 PM.

Then i have to understand that you never use your hearthstone, your mounts or any kind of transportation or instant teleport like a mage portal. I'm not going to be as agressive as Lincoln Lawyer, but that's a really bad reasoning, and i'm sure you use all those things in a very natural way.

First, that kind of immersion is up to you, you don't have to spoil it, no one will force you to use any kind of transport if you really want to walk all the way while singing about Tom Bombadil, you can do it. Actually RP and immersion is something that is up to the player.

Second, the point of transport is go from A to B. That's because there is something in B that you want to do. In most situations, that thing is playing the game, getting immersed in the game. Today i went to Timeless Island after a veeeery long time, how did i get there? i used the flight path from the shrine and alt+tab while my character was unable to perform any other action (actually, i posted a reply in this thread meanwhile ) then when i was there i spent one hour killing stuff and having "fun". I am sure that this same scenario repeats constantly for a lot of players, althoug we don't have any problem at all enjoying the journey the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Going out in the world to do some PvP? Why, everyone will just fly away.
    Maybe they fly away because they are not interested in WPvP? Or they are like me, I'm on a PvE server and don't care about WPvP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Lawyer View Post
    1. Grow up, you don't live in a fantasy world, and you can't be immersed while you game on your mechanical keyboard which is a result of 6000 years of technological evolution and drink mountain dew out of an aluminium can with the other hand, while sitting on your leather chair and hearing cars pass outside your window. Immersion is a silly excuse, at best.

2. Eagles couldn't fly you to Mordor because they weren't personal taxis, and because they would have had to fight the Nazgul to get to Mt. Doom, which they probably didn't feel like doing. Also, Gandalf can't teleport places, the Istari have limited magical abilities which they use sparsely. This isn't Harry Potter.
    As a fellow WoW gamer, are you honestly telling people to grow up?

To enjoy immersion or not is up to the gamer, not everyone enjoys the game in the same way. No reason to call what others enjoy in the game "silly".
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-09-03 at 08:23 PM.

So, I've missed most of this subject, mostly because I just don't care that much.
    However, they are still talking about removing flying for Dreanor only, right? Not all together?

I for one enjoy flying. Has nothing to do with skipping content, I just think flying around is great.

I am with the others. I want to PVP with people that want to fight not force it down everyone's throat.

The "flying away" argument for world PVP is laughable when bubble hearthing is still possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I am with the others. I want to PVP with people that want to fight not force it down everyone's throat.

The "flying away" argument for world PVP is laughable when bubble hearthing is still possible.
    The participants in WPvP are not always willing and that's one aspect of WPvP that makes it interesting over instanced PvP.
    Furthermore, if you want to have consensual PvP, PvE servers better suit your needs.

Finding distance to mount and fly is not comparable to bubble hearthing because not everyone is a Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    The participants in WPvP are not always willing and that's one aspect of WPvP that makes it interesting over instanced PvP.
    Furthermore, if you want to have consensual PvP, PvE servers better suit your needs.

Finding distance to mount and fly is not comparable to bubble hearthing because not everyone is a Paladin

If you define griefing/ganking as the only worthwhile world PVP that is your choice but that is not fun to me. I find it fun to fight someone that wants to PVP and might even bring friends along so then I bring my friends which results a small scale conflict becoming larger.

I play on Emerald Dream a.k.a. "THE world PVP server" so you can dismount from your horse now Mr. white knight. And as a Rogue I have two Vanishes at my disposal to avoid 99% of world PVP encounters even in non flying areas. Bubble hearthing is one of many examples where people can avoid world PVP if they want to.

If you define griefing/ganking as the only worthwhile world PVP that is your choice but that is not fun to me. I find it fun to fight someone that wants to PVP and might even bring friends along so then I bring my friends which results a small scale conflict becoming larger.

I play on Emerald Dream a.k.a. "THE world PVP server" so you can dismount from your horse now Mr. white knight. And as a Rogue I have two Vanishes at my disposal to avoid 99% of world PVP encounters even in non flying areas. Bubble hearthing is one of many examples where people can avoid world PVP if they want to.
    You just gave a reason why Blizz made their decision: too much freedom, too much choice. Also, playing on ED doesn't give you wpvp expert credentials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Lawyer View Post

im·mer·sion

: complete involvement in some activity or interest
    Just like a good novel or movie, you can become completely involved in something until something in the world around you snaps you out of it. It has to be a very compelling item to completely pull you in and make you forget the world around you. If you're not capable of immersing yourself in something, I feel sorry for the poor experience you are having. Being wrapped up in a story or a game is a great feeling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    Then i have to understand that you never use your hearthstone, your mounts or any kind of transportation or instant teleport like a mage portal. I'm not going to be as agressive as Lincoln Lawyer, but that's a really bad reasoning, and i'm sure you use all those things in a very natural way.

First, that kind of immersion is up to you, you don't have to spoil it, no one will force you to use any kind of transport if you really want to walk all the way while singing about Tom Bombadil, you can do it. Actually RP and immersion is something that is up to the player.

Second, the point of transport is go from A to B. That's because there is something in B that you want to do. In most situations, that thing is playing the game, getting immersed in the game. Today i went to Timeless Island after a veeeery long time, how did i get there? i used the flight path from the shrine and alt+tab while my character was unable to perform any other action (actually, i posted a reply in this thread meanwhile ) then when i was there i spent one hour killing stuff and having "fun". I am sure that this same scenario repeats constantly for a lot of players, althoug we don't have any problem at all enjoying the journey the first time.
    You both misunderstand me. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean I am lobbying against it, or to have what is already in place removed. You can dislike something without wishing it would never exist. I do it all the time with things. Just because I don't like Honda's does not mean I am going to Lobby to keep them from being sold. Just because I hate cherries doesn't mean I will boycott certain medicine and food companies.

So I don't like the idea of teleportation? So what? So I prefer playing as a Druid? So what? People need to stop feeling put out every time other people have a different opinion. I don't like instant travel, and teleporting to instances is poor game design. But, I am not lobbying to have them removed. I like flying, and don't mind ground mounts, and am ok with waiting to see what happens in 6.1, but I am not asking to have flight left out of the game. My level of immersion is different from everyone else's level. And it's OK. We don't have to agree. I am not trying to convince anyone my way is the best way, so I wish people would stop trying to change a mind that is not interested in being changed. I get it. You like teleportation. Good for you.

I play on Emerald Dream a.k.a. "THE world PVP server" so you can dismount from your horse now Mr. white knight
    I'm not sure I'm quite the knight that you are.
    And as a Rogue I have two Vanishes at my disposal to avoid 99% of world PVP encounters even in non flying areas. Bubble hearthing is one of many examples where people can avoid world PVP if they want to.
    Didn't think about the escape tools that every class has.
    Sounds like interesting.
    Sounds fun.

And if so many have them, what's the issue you have then about forced WPvP if people are capable of avoiding it?
    Again though, PVE servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    I'm not sure I'm quite the knight that you are.

Didn't think about the escape tools that every class has.
    Sounds like interesting.
    Sounds fun.

And if so many have them, what's the issue you have then about forced WPvP if people are capable of avoiding it?
    Again though, PVE servers.
    I moved to an RP server to completely avoid PvP, and the players. Also, made sure I was on a realm NOT connected to MoonGuard for a similar reason.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with us Moon Guardians?
    I swear to sweet baby jesus if you bring up goldshire.....
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-