Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You're whining that they are removing it though. So obviously you can't deal with Blizzard's choices.
    So what if they can't? People SHOULD unsub or not purchase something if--GASP!--they don't like the product they are purchasing. Wtf "can't deal with"...like a video game company is a whiny toddler that a parent has to tolerate.

Unsubbing or sitting out an xpac is no big deal, people do it all the time. The only one who is adversely affected by such decisions is Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    For you maybe. Many people like it.
    yup and right now if you dont like it you have the option to not use a flying mount. instead of using that option you advocate for blizzard to force everyone to play like you want. nevermind the fact that after the newness wears off and people try to do their daily routines, it will wear horribly on many players to the point they are most likely gonna not even bother with them and find someplace to sit and avoid the world..

hrm, maybe garrisons will be useful after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    People need to get a grip. There's NO WAY they'd kill flying for an entire expansion. We already know it's not in for the first patch but beyond that there's no chance of Blizz making such an enormous change/mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'm laughing at everyone who is buying this shit. it is extremely hilarious.
    Laugh all you want, the majority beats the minority in WoW. If you don't like it, then it's not the game for you. The box clearly states "Game Experience May Change During Play"

note: They can't restrict flying throughout the whole expansion. There are isles we need to reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelbert View Post
    Laugh all you want, the majority beats the minority in WoW. If you don't like it, then it's not the game for you. The box clearly states "Game Experience May Change During Play"
    Where the fuck did you get a majority from?

This is exactly the same idiocy that led them to remove the city portals at the start of Cataclysm. And the same players who support no flying probably supported that too. I argued my back off online back then against these people. I wonder how many of them really did enjoy the lack of portals and used it to fully explore Azeroth. Right.

The only thing that did was that it hindered the people who actually enjoy travelling and exploring the world, like myself. I love being in different capital cities, I'm rarely ever in Org and Sw. I love discovering beautiful spots in Azeroth. I love working on my loremaster, roleplaying, doing pet battles, archeology, herbing, mining, fishing, doing old dungeons. Flying and city portals help a lot with this. I wouldn't even be able to reach some of the beautiful places without flying, and I'd also greatly miss out on the wonderful view from above.

I've found that the players who cheer on the loudest for changes like the removal of city portals or flying are the ones that stand around in SW / Org all day, and will remain doing so when the changes they advocated for actually happen. Whereas players who enjoy exploring and traveling, get punished and potentially unsub. Which is why I'm glad Blizzard came to their senses regarding city portals -- from the looks of it, we'll even be able to have them in our own garrisons now. I expect they'll come to their senses with regards to flying as well.

For the record, I fully support no flying till level cap, and wouldn't mind no flying till first patch either -- but after that, it's an absolute necessity.

Deleted
    Hope its true, it would bring at least some more life into the game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    yup and right now if you dont like it you have the option to not use a flying mount. instead of using that option you advocate for blizzard to force everyone to play like you want. nevermind the fact that after the newness wears off and people try to do their daily routines, it will wear horribly on many players to the point they are most likely gonna not even bother with them and find someplace to sit and avoid the world..

hrm, maybe garrisons will be useful after all.
    To a certain extent, this is my gripe - I reckon it's going to get old, and even on the first character. When you have to start running all the way to raid instances or dungeons (challenge modes) to zone in, you'll start seeing the complaints roll in. In all honesty, I think they'll make flying a quest as they've hinted... And have it available pretty quick.

Errrmm

Who cares?

1) If you think that this will encourage world PVP and make the world hugely more immersive etc it won't. (more so on PVE realms for obvious reasons. nobody wants to be on PVP realms anymore).

2) If you think your game lacks these things at the moment because of flying.. don't fly! You don't have to. Run around on foot and feel as immersed as you like. It's like getting a taxi everywhere and moaning all the time about the convenience of taxis and how you don't get to walk and see the sights anymore.. just DONT. Nobody gives a fek about your hypocritical whineing.

3) Everyone will just be sat in cities all day waiting for dungeon queues. When they need to go somewhere they'll just use a flight-path and then alt-tab to Facebook or something while they're flying. Isn't this what everyone does now anyway? The furthest I ever fly myself is from one side of Stormwind to the other.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    My reaction:

YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Naiomie View Post
    I'm laughing at everyone who's saying they're unsubbing just because you won't be able to fly. Kind of hilarious

I personally love the idea of not being able to fly. The world feels so much bigger and scarier while not being able to fly!
    "Scarier"...Only if you're fucking terrible at the game. There's nothing scary out in the world, it's just a time-sink and if Blizz actually does go through with it I'll be unsubbing. Catering to a few people with nostalgia goggles for Vanilla is just stupid and wasting my time for them is even stupider.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Errrmm

Who cares?

1) If you think that this will encourage world PVP and make the world hugely more immersive etc it won't. (more so on PVE realms for obvious reasons. nobody wants to be on PVP realms anymore).

2) If you think your game lacks these things at the moment because of flying.. don't fly! You don't have to. Run around on foot and feel as immersed as you like. It's like getting a taxi everywhere and moaning all the time about the convenience of taxis and how you don't get to walk and see the sights anymore.. just DONT. Nobody gives a fek about your hypocritical whineing.

3) Everyone will just be sat in cities all day waiting for dungeon queues. When they need to go somewhere they'll just use a flight-path and then alt-tab to Facebook or something while they're flying. Isn't this what everyone does now anyway? The furthest I ever fly myself is from one side of Stormwind to the other.
    Inb4 "ohhh but I have to because groups will have to wait for me/it's just so much easier and available!"

Gotta love people who wants things taken out of the game because they have no self-control.

Well i feel bad for people on PVP realms who are on a faction heavily out numbered. Have fun being dead more then half the time you are in the world being camped by 4+ of the other side. Thats the big down side i see to no flying which is why i relocated my Alliance when a free transfer came around as the faction balanced of around 70% horde to Alliance with only like 5% of the alliance ever stepping foot outside shrine or SW was not gonna be fun at all come WoD. Sadly my Horde on that server will hardly run into anyone or when i do they will already be fighting a few horde. Lets be honest the vast majority of PVP realms have a major faction imbalance these days and that is the issue i had with it.

Getting around and gathering speed to me i could care less about as i dealt with it in the old days so i can deal with it now. However back then on my server and many others factions were not as imbalanced as they are now. All that being said tho i think they still plan to do no flying in current content which would mean til the first major patch no flying in the zones we get with launch.

Im all for it they can remove Lock summons and summoning stones too cause i'm sick of it being "Well you're the lock so you run up to Ordos and summon us and I'll dink around while you do that, miss the first summon you send me and then bitch and moan that I haven't been summoned when I could've have easy gotten there myself"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Where the fuck did you get a majority from?
    Read threads, forums, and polls.

They can't take out flying forever. Spires of Arak comes to mind.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2014-03-09 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Near the end of the interview they hint at no flying throughout the entire xpac.

No, questioning whether they could build a world where players wouldn't miss flying != no flying at all in WoD.

The "Not flying for an entire xpac is awesome!" crowd are the same people who will demand a summon to raid every night.

There. You see how a sweeping generalization about people based on their flight preference is stupid? The whole "People who want flying to stay are entitled whiners" thing is dumb. I paid my dues running around gathering crap on foot in vanilla. I'm nearly a decade older and not only could I actually not contribute to gathering on that level again due to adult responsibility; I don't want to anymore.

You guys have fun running in circles picking up herbs and all the immersion that it brings.

I hope they also remove all forms of player summoning and require everyone to physically go out to every dungeon like in the old days.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    This is exactly the same idiocy that led them to remove the city portals at the start of Cataclysm. And the same players who support no flying probably supported that too. I argued my back off online back then against these people. I wonder how many of them really did enjoy the lack of portals and used it to fully explore Azeroth. Right..
    This is my feeling when "Have Group Will Travel" was removed because nobody was out in the world anymore. In reality, it had the opposite effect. You could easily get guild mates to hep with quests or help with old raids/dungeons if you could summon them there. If they have to fly all the way to Tempest Keep as an example, most people just can't be arsed to help out anymore.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Yes! now I can re-instate my Warlock toll bridges!

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I couldn't give a shit if Blizzard misses me or not.
    I wont be missing you.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Only thing I use flying for anymore is gathering herbs. Pandaria was such a boring continent and the extra islands don't support it anyway.