Deleted
    I always get amused by the number of "NOW i'm unsubbing" posts. Blizzard wont change a thing. They know that you will not unsub. And if you do its not cos of things like no flying x-pacs.

If you unsub, you have played the game enough or too long and/or dont have the time anymore.

Not a single fu** was given that day, or any other day for that matter.

Just my 2 cents <3

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Is the "Just keep to ground mounts then" actually a serious argument...?
    Yes, why wouldn't it be. If you truly don't like something as much as some people seem to with flying, it's beyond absurd that they force themselves to do it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hammercurl View Post
    I always get amused by the number of "NOW i'm unsubbing" posts. Blizzard wont change a thing. They know that you will not unsub. And if you do its not cos of things like no flying x-pacs.

If you unsub, you have played the game enough or too long and/or dont have the time anymore.

Not a single fu** was given that day, or any other day for that matter.

Just my 2 cents <3

Funny you'd say that. I was unsubbed for 1,5 years, because a couple of things annoyed me about WoW, and I had started playing GW2 and that was (and still is) a lot of fun. Just a couple months ago I resubbed to WoW, because I wanted to explore Pandaria, and one of the major things that drew me back in was the fact that I can fly in WoW -- one thing I direly miss in GW2. If I can't fly in Draenor either, that's one less MAJOR benefit WoW has over GW2, and makes it much more likely that I'll return to GW2 full time again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonsurge View Post
    Go use your flying mounts in other zones. You can still fly there.
    That's an idiotic reply. Flying mounts are a huge part of what 'sells' in WoW. If you can't use them, except in obsolete content, it would be the same as saying flying mounts themselves are obsolete for most people. There's just no way. Just look at the Blizzard store, half of what you have on there is flying mounts. Hell the xpac's "collector" bonus contents is a flying mount. Forget about it, never going to happen.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    remember, kids, when you can't come up with new stuff, just take away existing stuff and give it back later and people will be happy!

Like when your kid's birthday rolls around. Instead of getting him new stuff, just take away his bike and give it back in a month. He'll be so happy.
    As cynical as this statement is, it's just honestly how I feel. It's amazing how angry this change has made me--I am happy with my friends and raiding or I honestly would just outright quit.

The idea that they're going to make riding a quest--if they do--is absolutely insulting. I've now bought so many forms of riding skill that I'm just sick to death of that particular hoop.

Deleted
    People only enjoy flying because they can choose a direction and then alt tab.

There's pretty much nothing else to it.

I really don't mind not being able to fly, I think we take it as a given now, and it has lost the 'Epic Feel' I imagine it will be reintroduced later as they previously announced.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Is the "Just keep to ground mounts then" actually a serious argument...?
    Sadly, I think they're serious. Some people honestly don't see how flying hurts the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    So far, 0 selling points in the next xpac for me, save character model updates.
    Sounds like hyperbole. Please explain, because I am dumbfounded by this statement.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    That's an idiotic reply. Flying mounts are a huge part of what 'sells' in WoW. If you can't use them, except in obsolete content, it would be the same as saying flying mounts themselves are obsolete for most people. There's just no way. Just look at the Blizzard store, half of what you have on there is flying mounts. Hell the xpac's "collector" bonus contents is a flying mount. Forget about it, never going to happen.
    If it was a huge part of what "Sells" WoW, than you know damn well blizzard wouldn't change that. Because they are a fucking business. But apparently you can't grasp that fact, because you are just an dude sitting in a computer chair with no knowledge of the inner workings of blizzard, the game, or its finances. If they thought they wouldn't gain money by implementing this change, then they simply wouldn't do it. BUT THEY ARE DOING IT, therefore, more people disagree with you than agree with you. Sorry bud.

then give me back my 10k gold... i don't care about discount or bullshit full price if the flying is removed. JUST REFUND ME GOLD >:O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    then give me back my 10k gold... i don't care about discount or bullshit full price if the flying is removed. JUST REFUND ME GOLD >:O
    You don't need to fly in any expansion to level up it's more of a luxury thing so, No Refund for you sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post

You must not fly much. I have done that a few times and have ended up dying to fatigue water. If you fly on your own power, alt tabbing is a death sentence. You only alt tab and afk safely if you use flight paths. Which is ironic since that is what the anti-flying group is clamoring for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    You must not fly much. I have done that a few times and have ended up dying to fatigue water. If you fly on your own power, alt tabbing is a death sentence. You only alt tab and afk safely if you use flight paths. Which is ironic since that is what the anti-flying group is clamoring for.
    Happened to me more than a few times lol, thats why when I do it now i try not to afk too long
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

anti-flying group is clamoring for.
    People who support the devs decision to remove flying are not anti flying. They just see the benefits of no flying. They are not the people stomping their feet threatening to unsub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post

Right because you speak for everyone *rollseyes*

What I don't understand is the attitude of all you people who hate flying so much that you want to remove it for everyone. It's really simple, if you don't like it don't use the damn mount. The game has built in flight paths that can take you everywhere. I don't see why everyone else has to suffer because a couple of loud people hate a feature that most people use. This change ultimately wont go well with most of the playerbase. I suspect that they are removing flying more because the zones aren't designed for flying than because they want us to feel 'immersed'. A few months after the expansion is released once everyone has enjoyed the new "grim-dark-no-panda-beast" expac. The novelty of being grounded will wear off, then the bitching will begin. What annoys me about this move is that they are taking away something that's been in the game longer than it's been without it. I don't like Blizzard telling me how I should have fun.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Right because you speak for everyone *rollseyes*

What I don't understand is the attitude of all you people who hate flying so much that you want to remove it for everyone.
    No one is saying that. People see the benefits of no flying and support it not want it removed for everyone that is a developer decision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Sadly, I think they're serious. Some people honestly don't see how flying hurts the game.
    The sad thing is you guys are being serious about the whole "flying is ruining mah game" crying business. Basically you make up a few outlandish claims you can't actually back up completely ignoring that for example having no flying in Pandaria below 90 causes people to rather grind mobs on timeless isle from 85-90 or let a level 90 farm elite mobs for them then to actually go out in the world and quest.

There is not a single advantage whatsoever to not having flying mounts around outside of tiny isles such as timeless isle which were specifically designed for it and take no longer than a few minutes to traverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpaladin View Post
    You don't need to fly in any expansion to level up it's more of a luxury thing so, No Refund for you sir!
    No, it's not a luxury thing. Flying is something that was sold to us, in some cases for tens of thousands of golds across our characters and that is now being taken from us to curry favor with some tiny but very loud group of pseudo elitists who often hover around 4k achievment points and don't actually play the game at all.

It's one of their typical hollow arguments. If people want to alt tab they usually take a flightmaster which is exactly how this will turn out. It's pointless and useless timesink being injected into the game. Most people celebrating it are those who don't actually play the game, pseudo hardcore elitists circle jerking each other all day on the official forums and here talking about the old glory days while after 9 years of playing still being around 4k achievment points.

I'm sure looking forward to spending hours on flight master routes while being alt tabbed outside the game, because obviously the best way to play the game is not to actually play it, right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    People who support the devs decision to remove flying are not anti flying. They just see the benefits of no flying. They are not the people stomping their feet threatening to unsub.
    Oh please. You guys were throwing childish tantrums for years on both official and inofficial forums wanting flying to be removed. You're talking about benefits, it has none! There isn't a single benefit to the players at all, for the developers it's obvious it adds a lot of timesink to the game. And people threatening to not BUY into WoD is actually pretty justified, this is going to alter the game negatively for a lot of players.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2014-03-10 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    snip
    I think no flying makes the game more engaging, you can't just swoop in and fly away if there is danger. Of course if you could fly in every zone in the game I could also care less.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonsurge View Post
    If it was a huge part of what "Sells" WoW, than you know damn well blizzard wouldn't change that. Because they are a fucking business. But apparently you can't grasp that fact, because you are just an dude sitting in a computer chair with no knowledge of the inner workings of blizzard, the game, or its finances. If they thought they wouldn't gain money by implementing this change, then they simply wouldn't do it. BUT THEY ARE DOING IT, therefore, more people disagree with you than agree with you. Sorry bud.

They aren't 'DOING IT' you jackass. This thread is nothing but baseless speculation, as usual and it's some pretty asinine speculation at that. If you really think flying mounts aren't a big part of what sells in WoW, then I'm sorry to say you're just a complete moron. That or you're one of those cry-babies who doesn't own a single rare flying mount and wants 'all' the flying mounts to just 'go away', so you won't have to feel so inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Flying doesn't hurt the game, it hurts immersion, that's not the same thing. The real question is what makes more $$$. If this were Wrath you could consider deleting flying or making it obsolete but doing it now would just be too little too late and would only serve to further alienate 'long time' customers, which is basically all WoW has left.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2014-03-10 at 01:10 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno