Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Doesn't really do anything for the game by not letting people fly. Pretty lame if I'm honest.
    Oh? So being able to build things without having the concern of people just flying over anything you plan to be between the player and the goal, is nothing?

This won't happen. Why would blizz start selling mounts, give a flying mount out to people purchasing Collector's edition only to say "Fuck you, were removing flying all together!"
    I dont really mind not having flying around for the first 6 months of the expansion. But after that when you have seen all the content and things are starting to get less exciting to watch, thinking about trees and mountains etc with the cool looking zones etc. I hope they bring flying back at some point, there is alot of mounts Ive worked my ass of in order to get so I would want to be able to fly around with them. Walking with them on the ground takes away half the point of having "flying" mounts.

Deleted
    I'm fine with it either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdlock View Post
    This won't happen. Why would blizz start selling mounts, give a flying mount out to people purchasing Collector's edition only to say "Fuck you, were removing flying all together!"
    I dont really mind not having flying around for the first 6 months of the expansion. But after that when you have seen all the content and things are starting to get less exciting to watch, thinking about trees and mountains etc with the cool looking zones etc. I hope they bring flying back at some point, there is alot of mounts Ive worked my ass of in order to get so I would want to be able to fly around with them. Walking with them on the ground takes away half the point of having "flying" mounts.
    Actually they already said something in response to bought mounts. It was along the lines "we are not disabling flying. You can still fly in old areas like pandaria or kalimdor. Just not in Draenor. No flying in Draenor doesn;t mean there is no flying at all".

So going by that they see it as fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teetster View Post
    I've already cancelled my sub. The game has gotten boring and I was already annoyed about no flying on the Timeless Isle. No flying in the start of WoD is bad enough, and now they say they are thinking about a world without flying. Great. I'll pass on that world.

See ya.

Afterall flying is all that matter right?

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    I'm fine with it either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually they already said something in response to bought mounts. It was along the lines "we are not disabling flying. You can still fly in old areas like pandaria or kalimdor. Just not in Draenor. No flying in Draenor doesn;t mean there is no flying at all".

So going by that they see it as fine.

- - - Updated - - -

See ya.

Afterall flying is all that matter right?
    Well you might be right, but they are screwing over people who bought flying mounts. Most people will spend the majority of the time in the new expansion, so why make a flying mount for the collector's edition, when it will be barely used? I know that I don't go into the older zones very often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    46 pages of blathering because of the OPs inability to understand speech.
    Idd I do not understand this thread at all.

The video said ZERO, NADA, NOTHING about not flying the entire xpac.

Just the typical MMO-C Rage and knee jerk reaction over absolutely fucking nothing.

This is why the community is a toxic piece of shit which is terrible for the game.

What a complete and utter waste, we could use the forum to better the game through constructive criticism but all we get is utter total drival like this.

So disappointing.

I guess +1 internetz for MMO-C.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Well you might be right, but they are screwing over people who bought flying mounts. Most people will spend the majority of the time in the new expansion, so why make a flying mount for the collector's edition, when it will be barely used? I know that I don't go into the older zones very often.
    They aren't screwing anyone over. I personally think you're just getting overly worked up. There will be flying in 6.1. And for those who actually didn't watch or pay attention to the video, I'll say it again. Watch at around the 5:50 mark in the video. No flying at ship. That means no flying at launch, not for the entire expansion. It is a good choice to make because it actually forces players to actually explore there environment, that so many artists put so much time and effort into instead of skipping everything.

So, once again, you will not get screwed over, and you will still get to use all your favorite mounts....

...once 6.1 hits.

:-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Idd I do not understand this thread at all.

The video said ZERO, NADA, NOTHING about not flying the entire xpac.

Just the typical MMO-C Rage and knee jerk reaction over absolutely fucking nothing.

This is why the community is a toxic piece of shit which is terrible for the game.

What a complete and utter waste, we could use the forum to better the game through constructive criticism but all we get is utter total drival like this.

So disappointing.

I guess +1 internetz for MMO-C.
    This thread is based entirely on a misinterpretation by the op. The video actually did mention flying. I believe it was something to the affect of "At ship we will not allow flying, in the expansion, at all." The OP took that to mean throughout the entire expansion there would not be flying, instead of just right away.
    "When past and present collide, the fate of all worlds hangs in the balance." -The Prophet Velen

Good news, but

a big BUT

Make the ground mounts faster for gods sake. They are so mindnumbingly slow. When you ride a tiger it doesn't feel like riding a tiger, but more like riding a turtle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Praise the lawrd!!

This means Blizz will continue to put effort into the zones, making questhubs closer together and adding loads of wonderful details like they did in Jade Forest, for example. The fact that they're designing the zones with the thought that we'll be on ground mounts through them instead of just zooming past everything on a flying mount. Hyjal and Twilight Highlands are both silly questzones designed with flying in them. And they bloody suck compared to Jade Forest (designwise. Say what you want about the quests)

10+ Year Old Account
    So... it's going to be the best expansion ever then?

MoP didn't allow flying mount in the current progress zones (Isle of Thunder and the Timeless Isle) so he probably meant that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Good news, but

a big BUT

Make the ground mounts faster for gods sake. They are so mindnumbingly slow. When you ride a tiger it doesn't feel like riding a tiger, but more like riding a turtle.
    with the current speed when you ride a kodo it feels like you are riding a tiger

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Near the end of the interview they hint at no flying throughout the entire xpac.
    He said no flying when the next exp ships and he said that he could see a possible future expansion without flying. Neither hints that WoD will have no flying at all. Blizz already said they'd give it back to us at 6.1. Stop baiting.

They should copy one of the upcoming MMOs.
    Remove flying, but make roads give a speed buff so traveling is faster.

Welp, barring it till the first patch was already hard to swallow, but if this shit goes through... I'll still keep playing. I'll be angry while I do it, but I'll play.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryadius View Post
    They aren't screwing anyone over. I personally think you're just getting overly worked up. There will be flying in 6.1. And for those who actually didn't watch or pay attention to the video, I'll say it again. Watch at around the 5:50 mark in the video. No flying at ship. That means no flying at launch, not for the entire expansion. It is a good choice to make because it actually forces players to actually explore there environment, that so many artists put so much time and effort into instead of skipping everything.
    It doesn't force you to explore, I would even argue that it makes for less exploration. It forces you on the ground, that's the biggest difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    They should copy one of the upcoming MMOs.
    Remove flying, but make roads give a speed buff so traveling is faster.
    Being incentivised to travel on a narrow path through the zone or being incentivised to fly. I see no difference, you still aren't going out into the zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly won't even play wow another entire exp (first one was cata)

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Probably by some numbers, but also at the same time when player for forced to stay on the ground (excluding flight paths and zeppelins), as (s)he will also need to watch out for obstacles; walls, hostile villages, mountains, and so on. So at least it'll make players a bit more "in" the zone and make the world more meaningful than with current situation where player just flies to 100 meters high and put auto-run on until (s)he reaches the destined location.
    Make the skybox less high then, if that's what the devs think is the problem. I don't see many people flying that high though.

He did say "at ship". But if there was no flying at all through the xpac I wouldn't quit i'd just want to get the money I spent on my iron skyreaver back.

Deleted
    If they do that I will officially declare Blizzard has lost their fucking minds.