Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Flying was initially stated by Bashiok that it would be implemented in 6.1.

Therefore it was at least going to make it into the game.

Obviously recent twitter and forum posts by the staff have at the very least lead us to doubt that.

So yeah, long story longer, they may well be taking it away after tell us we'd have it.
    Oh, I totally agree with you. I just wanted to show that his comparison was absolutely terrible, since they're not taking away anything that people have bought, worked for or invested in much like gear or a whole class.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Technically, they wouldn't be taking anything away from you. The premise in this case is that Blizzard would not add flying to the new continents. You would still be able to fly everywhere else.
    I would still like to know why the hell the anti-flying monkeys can't just use their ground mounts and leave the rest of us alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically
    ugh

why even post this

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I would still like to know why the hell the anti-flying monkeys can't just use their ground mounts and leave the rest of us alone.
    They won't be happy till everyone else is unhappy. Bunch of hypocrites.

Okay so, first it was no flying until patch 6.1... And now flying will likely not return at all?

I am not against flying (i see comments about "anti-fly people"), it's just that i have no problems with the fact that you will not be able to fly in WoD. When i first heard about it i was like "*shrug* Okay".
    Last edited by giovannileanza; 2014-03-13 at 08:28 PM.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically, they wouldn't be taking anything away from you. The premise in this case is that Blizzard would not add flying to the new continents. You would still be able to fly everywhere else.
    While it's certainly debatable depending on your perspective of things, I would argue that WoD is not standalone enough to be considered a game of it's own. If it could be owned/played without the preceding expansions, that might lend credence to your argument, but it can't. And you can fly in the rest of WoW, and since the newest expansion basically becomes the game since it outdates the old content, I look at it as something being REMOVED.

And to your further posts, I have invested a great deal of gold in buying flying across my toons. And that IS something that would carry forward into WoD...and be unsuable there.

But in the end I agree with Didactic. If you don't like flying, don't fly. If you like PvP, go play on a PvP server.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

If we wont have flying at least make getting to raids easy...

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    They won't be happy till everyone else is unhappy. Bunch of hypocrites.
    It's almost like you guys are from some kind of cartoon show or something. It's gun control all over again. "GAWDDAMN COMMUNISTS, TRYIN' TO TAKE AWAY OUR FREEDOMS"
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I totally agree with you. I just wanted to show that his comparison was absolutely terrible, since they're not taking away anything that people have bought, worked for or invested in much like gear or a whole class.
    That's up for debate, a lot of people have invested a great deal of time and effort for mounts that they potentially won't be able to use at all.

In some cases more effort was required than for gear, and in others (like the collector's edition mount) real money was spent on it.

It's almost like you guys are from some kind of cartoon show or something. It's gun control all over again. "GAWDDAMN COMMUNISTS, TRYIN' TO TAKE AWAY OUR FREEDOMS"
    No one is quitting, just a bunch of posturing. Everyone will buy the expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    No one is quitting, just a bunch of posturing. Everyone will buy the expac.
    Already bought the xpac. Bought the CE for the FLYING mount and pet. I will play til 6.1. If flying is removed from WoD, I will close up shop and delete everything. I am a blizz fanboy, and I approve my own message

Given that Blizz is shortening the leveling curve of 90-100 compared to what it was in MoP doesn't it seem highly likely most people will USE the queue system (PVE/PVP) to level faster than anyone trying to level on the ground?

So all these people that want more people on the ground will have an empty sandbox no?

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I want to see people in zones running around again and doing things be they farming, fighting, questing, conversing, etc.

Most people are not in the air, they're in the cities. By removing flying, you're not gonna get people from the cities into the world outside on the ground. You're only gonna get the people who were previously flying around in the world, into the cities as well (or quit).

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    blizzards reasons: http://www.wowhead.com/news=223780/n...enor-until-6-1

i'm done here for now
    I said there are no good reasons to not have flying in Draenor at all. You give me a list of Blizzard's reasons for no flying till 6.1. Absolutely not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    And no, "if you don't like it, don't use it" is not a valid solution. I can't be bothered to explain why, because like I said before, it won't change your mind. This is not a solo game and it is crucial that every player is on equal ground. Either everybody flies (or else you're at a huge disadvantage/it has 0 effect on the world and game dynamic) or noone does.

So it is you telling others how they should play the game. I enjoy sitting on a mountaintop, relaxing and enjoying the view, and for some reason this bothers you and you want me down on the ground. Excuse me if I have a problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    That's up for debate, a lot of people have invested a great deal of time and effort for mounts that they potentially won't be able to use at all. .
    That's not true. When WoD is released the flying mounts you have already bought can still be used in the same places you were able to use them before WoD, nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Most people are not in the air, they're in the cities. By removing flying, you're not gonna get people from the cities into the world outside on the ground. You're only gonna get the people who were previously flying around in the world, into the cities as well (or quit).
    +1

I personally like exploring the world but if Blizzard is going to turn it into a massive time sink I will just level through PVP battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    That's not true. When WoD is released the flying mounts you have already bought can still be used in the same places you were able to use them before WoD, nothing has changed.
    With the exception of course that none of those places will be relevant anymore. That would in fact be considered quite a big change.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

Not playing is indeed an option, but I think the people who buy the expansion want to play on the new continent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except NOBODY is going to be out in those areas except for folks who roll new toons that they don't boost to 90.

Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    With the exception of course that none of those places will be relevant anymore.
    THIIIIIISSSSSS
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    I enjoy sitting on a mountaintop, relaxing and enjoying the view
    What did you do before we could fly in EK/Kalimdor?

People are not dropping that much money on a new expansion to not able to use flying mount on relevant content. Guess who opened the Pandora's box by selling mounts for real life money? Guess who destroyed immersion with 90 boosts making the rest of WoW world dead?
    Last edited by Mafic; 2014-03-13 at 08:38 PM.