Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    When EK/Kalimdor didn't have flying I was mostly flying around Draenor and Northrend which did in fact allow flying. In vanilla wow assuming that's what you mean, I mostly sat in cities looking for dungeon groups in trade chat as there was no dungeon finder either. Ah the many hours I spent trying to be the first to whisper someone as a dps before the other 300 dps could beat me to it. Wasn't that so much more social than the dungeon finder?!?
    You couldn't fly in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor before Cataclysm. So, what did you do during Wrath? Couldn't fly in any of the faction cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
    Yet it's okay to push ground mounts to the point that they are of non-use?
    They are used in battle grounds, five man instances, raids, and leveling. Terrible excuse.

You couldn't fly in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor before Cataclysm. So, what did you do during Wrath? Couldn't fly in any of the faction cities.
    I didn't fly in the faction cities, in fact like most I didn't even go to the faction cities unless I absolutely had to in Wrath. I mostly spent time in Dalaran as I recall, and then I was usually flying around on my mount.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

Daze, polymorph, so on? You've really never heard it done before?
    ye but if someone is flying up in the air from A to B on their 310% how are you gonna catch them? OK if you're a dk or hunter or pala you can chase them but still and it's hardly 'as easy' as knocking people of ground mounts and also possibly suicidal.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    yes i know but that has limited range and... 15 minutes cd? he said he can knock people off flying as easily as off ground mounts.
    So, a cooldown makes it hard, and that somehow invalidates his claim? Can't come up with anything to fight against his argument, so you're just going to dismiss it with terrible reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    So new players being boosted is the issue. Try as you might, flying isn't the sum of all evils with this game, it's always and will continue to be a tool of strict convenience. The problems seems to be just the wild imaginations of sore-throated PvPers.
    There is nothing wrong with being boosted.

There is also nothing wrong with flying - except that there is absolutely no trade-off for choosing flying over ground. I don't really think Blizzard needs to completely disable flying in WoD at all if they would just put some trade-off so that a player has to make a conscious decision on whether flying or ground is better at the time.

Right now, flying is never the worst choice.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Thanks dad. I'm glad to know that's really how you anti-flying folks think of yourselves. Wise adults just trying to do what's best for us ignorant youngins. Such arrogance!
    Hey bud I am not anti flying I just see the benefits. If they have flying in dungeons bg's arena raids etc I would care less and still play. What I wouldn't do is stomp my feet and tell randoms on a forum I will quit if I don't get my way. Now I am not saying you personally are doing this but it seems to be the general consensus.

you could at least try to understand where they're coming from and maybe even give it a chance.
    I already know what WoW is like without flying and I freaking *loathe* it. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Phasing breaks just like GI Joe, on the land, in the sea or in the air. I've stood on top of my friends in different phases and been completely unable to interact with them. Phasing has problems because there are problems with phasing, not because of flying. Removing flying won't fix phasing, especially in relation to interacting with other players.
    Phasing or not, if they use a progressive story in any zone - just flying in without starting, or knowing to start, at the first quest will result in what seems like a broken area.

Phasing doesn't really matter in this issue.

From a storytelling perspective - you can't control the character's point of entry to the story's domain when they can fly in from any direction. Now obviously, if you don't care about the story then this has no hook for you. At that point, we might has well revert WoW to EQ1 and let people just camp mob spawns for hours on end. Millions would probably quit as a result though. EQ1 peaked at 450,000 subs.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    So, a cooldown makes it hard, and that somehow invalidates his claim? Can't come up with anything to fight against his argument, so you're just going to dismiss it with terrible reasoning.
    yes actually the cooldown alone makes it more difficult as there is no cooldown at all on knocking people off their ground mounts. there's also plethora of other reasons why knocking people off ground mounts is easier, most of which are kinda obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post

Hardened Shell
    He said an easy way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    it certainly isn't false entitlement, we've paid for it

am I going to get a refund if they remove content I paid for?
    U bought something u knew almost nothing about, and then u complain.
    Perhaps ppl should stop PRE-ORDERING GAMES
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I already know what WoW is like without flying and I freaking *loathe* it. No thanks.
    if you're not willing to give it a chance then your only other option is to unsub. possibly permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Ground mounts are used everywhere though, I see them all the time.
    Where in the game does a ground mount become more advantageous than the flying mount?

Where in the game can you not just replace your ground mount with a flying mount and it is just as, if not more effective?

There is nothing wrong with being boosted.

There is also nothing wrong with flying - except that there is absolutely no trade-off for choosing flying over ground. I don't really think Blizzard needs to completely disable flying in WoD at all if they would just put some trade-off so that a player has to make a conscious decision on whether flying or ground is better at the time.

Right now, flying is never the worst choice.
    Make some air guard so it's more dangerous to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post

Couldn't agree more. I played in vanilla flying made the world much bigger and much more enjoyable. Not to mention convenient. No flying at all, they can keep it.

Where in the game does a ground mount become more advantageous than the flying mount?

Where in the game can you not just replace your ground mount with a flying mount and it is just as, if not more effective?
    Most instanced content IE arena BG Dungeons raids etc.

Daze, polymorph, so on? You've really never heard it done before?
    Flying mounts were made immune to daze in either Wrath or Cataclysm.

Someone that gets polymorphed on their flying mount was living dangerous to begin with.

I'm not surprised. The developer, Arsaffria guy, is a purist from the vanilla / tbc days. It makes sense.

yes actually the cooldown alone makes it more difficult as there is no cooldown at all on knocking people off their ground mounts. there's also plethora of other reasons why knocking people off ground mounts is easier, most of which are kinda obvious.
    Yes, there is actually. Hex has a cool down and a cast time. A cool down alone doesn't make it hard. The cast time is what makes it hard.