Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Are you sure its not your connection? I can mine, see other players and everything just fine on mine.

Imo what they need is mobs to dismount you. If the sky is too safe give us giant predators high in the sky that will swoop down on you with a big agro radius. Between that up high, kiliri/aa cannons/ gryphon riders down low it can be made more dangerous. They could also give us the tools for flying mount combat forcing both of us to dismount float down & fight.
    I am 15000% positive it is not my connection. This is something that has been happening on my paladin since Wrath. I usually have less than 50ms latency to the WoW server and 15ms to my Vent server two states away. I usually only experience it on my paladin that has 492% flight speed. My other characters that are slower (450%) aren't quite as bad.

I've recently just built a new machine which I guarantee is better than 95% of the WoW playerbase has and it still happens regularly. It is just how WoW deals with loading things in when moving at a high speed through the zone.

I have no issues in other games. Like I said, this is an oddity that I have been dealing with on my paladin since they put in 310% mounts. There have also been times that I've landed in Sunsong Ranch and had to wait 10 to 15 seconds before the players "appeared" in around me.

I really think WoW servers just sometimes cannot handle the amount of load created when players are zooming about at nearly 500% travel speed and there are several players in the area. For all I know, that might be one reason they want to wean away from flying mounts - maybe they have some tech issues they are having trouble resolving. It would also be reasonable to assume other MMORPGs avoid flying (or ultra fast movement speeds) for that same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Well then. When 6.1 rolls around, I guess I'll have an alternative. Thanks for that
    see
    10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    It was one year old, one year ago.
    After that, nothing.
    Beta didn't have any signs of flying, it even seemed like there were invisible walls in some places.
    The world doesn't even look nor feel like it was made flying in mind.
    Last edited by Ghostile; 2014-03-25 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    Not sure if looking for internet fight or just plain stupid.
    what in my comment was stupid? if you ain't got anything constructive to say in reply, don't reply! simple

True, it could be tailored to be unusable for city raids, but it's impossible to cut the city raid profit, without killing it whole.
    If you could summon anywhere, except the cities, orgrimmar back door would be close to the effect of being inside.
    Or Grom'Gol base camp, zeppelin goes to the heart of orgrimmar.
    No system is perfect unfortunately Personally though - I wish we still had it as it would be really useful for things like Ordos. Not that I don't have any problem flying and running up to Ordos, but it sucks when you miss out because people are too impatient to wait. It's the same with flying - I can definitely see some reasons for staying on the ground (at least at first. In fact I don't mind at all being stuck on the ground while levelling I have done mop on the ground 15 times) but I would still really miss the exploring I can do flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
    ... and the vast majority of them will not have flying.

You have said, "if new WoW zones don't have flying, I quit."

Yet it's okay for any other game in the world to not have flying and that's just hunkey-dorey.
    What are you talking about now? Different games are different, and I don't need flying in those other games. Flying makes WoW fun for me. Removing that fun makes me want to quit and play a different game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    you can say its hypocritical as much as you want but the fact remains they are two different games. in one you have been flying for 7 years and its suddenly taken away, you don't like this and decide to quit the game and start playing one completely new to you. in this new game you have never experienced flying and therefore have nothing to be disappointed about. nothing wrong with that at all.
    Flying is not taken away. They are not removing flying at all. You will still be able to fly everywhere you can today.

It's just not immediately enabled in the new parts that you haven't paid for yet.

My question now is, would you be just as upset if WoD was going to be a completely underwater/cavern/underworld based expansion where it would not have flying by virtue of not having anywhere to fly to?

Deleted
    Flying is not taken away. They are not removing flying at all. You will still be able to fly everywhere you can today.

It's just not immediately enabled in the new parts that you haven't paid for yet.

My question now is, would you be just as upset if WoD was going to be a completely underwater/cavern/underworld based expansion where it would not have flying by virtue of not having anywhere to fly to?
    they are taking flying away in the place i will spend 99% of my time, for me personally, its pretty much as if they are removing it altogether. how much of your time do you spend in tbc/wotlk/cata zones?

its not immediately enabled, and its possible it won't be enabled at all if blizz decide it that way. and how do you know i haven't paid for it yet? WoD is available to purchase now.

no i wouldn't be upset, because that means blizz have used their resources and taken the time to create an expansion where flying isn't needed and there's an actual good reason for not being able to fly, instead they haven't done that and are just removing it for shitty reasons. that being said underwater zones would be terrible and i'd probably complain, but underground/caverns wouldn't be as bad.
    Last edited by mmocc601d8cc3f; 2014-03-25 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roarey View Post
    As a druid, removing flying for a whole expansion means I cannot see my gorgeous self fly high above the world in my favorite form, picking flowers instantly! OMG! Get over it! I will still buy, play and enjoy the crap out of WoD! This world away, is more than about flying, or your imagined slight at it's removal or postponement!
    My main is a druid, on both sides. Worgen for Alliance, and Troll for Druid. With no flying, our CLASS is affected, not just our convenience.

DEFINATELY! Although not just for the flying reasons... Vasj'ir was horrible! Sure it LOOKED great - but I hated questing in it. It was for that reason that I only ever quested there on about two of my characters - preferring Hyjal by a LONG way.

I would not want the skybox lowered, but it might be fun to add random danger to the skies the way we add it to the ground. Maybe put the aggro back in the birds, throw in a canon or two. Maybe some random enemy with a rocket launcher parked in a tower. Things we could both experience, or avoid.
    ... and flying mounts would still be the clear choice over ground mounts in every situation while allowing flying mounts complete access to the map without danger, especially after flying up to the top of the skybox.

Stop using the "you can go back to old content that no one is using, and is completely irrelevant, and fly around there" argument. It isn't a good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hilarious how many of you claim so adamantly you'll quit with no flying, yet you'll all be playing on launch night. You guys are so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    they are taking flying away in the place i will spend 99% of my time, for me personally, its pretty much as if they are removing it altogether. how much of your time do you spend in tbc/wotlk/cata zones?
    Fair amount actually - though I've not played much lately. I was clearing BC raids pretty regularly awhile back and using flying a fair bit there. Did some Wrath raids too, used flying there.

When it comes to MoP - I'd almost rather use the flightpaths and go do something else while I'm traveling.

its not immediately enabled, and its possible it won't be enabled at all if blizz decide it that way. and how do you know i haven't paid for it yet? WoD is available to purchase now.

no i wouldn't be upset, because that means blizz have used their resources and taken the time to create an expansion where flying isn't needed and there's an actual good reason for not being able to fly, instead they haven't done that and are just removing it for shitty reasons.
    As I thought. Obviously, if Blizzard wanted to wean players from flying mounts - they should have chose an interim expansion where flying would not have been expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Edoran View Post
    It's hilarious how many of you claim so adamantly you'll quit with no flying, yet you'll all be playing on launch night. You guys are so cool.
    They'd be just as hypocritical as the people that hate flying with a passion but still fly... There are a few of those people in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Stop using the "you can go back to old content that no one is using, and is completely irrelevant, and fly around there" argument. It isn't a good one.
    Yet that is how it works in-game at this very moment.

Aside from mining herbs/ore, there is little to no reason to be flying around Pandaria and the most recent additions for alts to use to gear up are no-flight anyway.

World of Queuecraft for LFR/LFD requires no flying mounts.

lol are people really saying no flying at the beginning of the expansion will cause them to not play the game? If flying is that important to you in a game where flying isn't that huge of a factor, why not go buy a flight simulating game? You can fly all you want. Every single expansion has been like this, it's not a huge deal.

PvP happens on PvP servers? Oh wait. That's right. That's part of the reason I left mine so many years ago. That, and an asshat named ANGWE. An orc rogue who DOMINATED Menethil Harbor all by himself.

On Topic: Flying mounts help players who are stuck on their stunlock servers to avoid at least a few asshats. If this does become a permanent thing, I pitty those people the most.
    Nobody is stuck there. If they keep losing they can get friends to help or they can get good. Otherwise they can leave.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    They'd be just as hypocritical as the people that hate flying with a passion but still fly... There are a few of those people in this thread.
    No. How is it hypocritical to "not like" flying mounts but have to use them because they are incredibly more efficient than ground mounts are in the current game?

This is far different than stomping one's feet and telling Blizzard to go suck a lemon because they aren't developing a new continent to use flying mounts, then 5 minutes later go sign up to play a game that doesn't even have flying mounts period.

I mean, is flying important to them or not? If it's that important, then I would think it would be a requirement for them to enjoy other games too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Njtobknets View Post
    lol are people really saying no flying at the beginning of the expansion will cause them to not play the game? If flying is that important to you in a game where flying isn't that huge of a factor, why not go buy a flight simulating game? You can fly all you want. Every single expansion has been like this, it's not a huge deal.
    no every single expansion has not been like this, have you even played WoW before?

Yet that is how it works in-game at this very moment.

Aside from mining herbs/ore, there is little to no reason to be flying around Pandaria and the most recent additions for alts to use to gear up are no-flight anyway.

World of Queuecraft for LFR/LFD requires no flying mounts.
    Pandaria is still new content... There are people that still join today and play. There are people that are hunting down mounts, doing dailies, leveling alts, pet battles, archaeology, flying to raid, enjoying the scenery, mining, herb gathering, doing achievements, etc... Don't tell me pandaria is outdated when it's current content.

- - - Updated - - -

No. How is it hypocritical to "not like" flying mounts but have to use them because they are incredibly more efficient than ground mounts are in the current game?

This is far different than stomping one's feet and telling Blizzard to go suck a lemon because they aren't developing a new continent to use flying mounts, then 5 minutes later go sign up to play a game that doesn't even have flying mounts period.

I mean, if flying important to them or not? If it's that important, then I would think it would be a requirement for them to enjoy other games too.
    There is only one reason why you would fly if you hate it, and there are many reasons to not fly. If you have more fun grounded than why are you flying?