Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Why are you so certain Blizzard listened to "TBC hipsters" regarding Cata heroics? Isn't it possible that Blizzard makes design decisions based on what they feel the game needs?

Nobody knows how this experiment is going to work out. It depends on how its implemented, because as Cata heroics demonstrated even a good idea can have bad results if implemented poorly.
    It's also possible Blizz devs are also players. If they've been around long enough, they themselves would be TBC hipsters

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    By your own standards...

Finish the sentence.
    Nice. One guy thinks he's the thread God, and another is a Grammar God.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Where the fuck did the get the feedback from? Because I didn't see a poll thingy popping up in-game asking about flying, and they've said multiple times that they don't design the game based on forum posting. So, where the fuck is that feedback coming from?

Here's the answer: there was no feedback, it's a totally pragmatic decision, to make the boring obsolete content "last longer", even if it's annoying and tedious. They base their decision on the belief that the WoW population can't make the difference between actual content and running around. We'll just have to wait and see if that's true, my belief is that even the most ardent defender of the no flying crap will rage pretty quickly after release and long before patch 6.1, simply because the no flying crap will not bring the people out in the world, to involve them in epic world PvP battles or whatever the fuck some people dream

Also, regarding the flight paths, and the stupid argument "WoD is designed with no flying in mind" lol... Even if they make the flight paths faster and non retarded, it's still AFK TIME. It doesn't matter to me that the new flight path is only taking 4 minutes instead of 5 minutes. It's still 4 minutes of doing nothing. And let's talk about the retarded "parachute" argument, that doesn't help me either. Currently if I go somewhere and I change my mind, or someone asks me to go somewhere, I just change the direction. Now if there's not flying, but we have the new awesome flight path with parachuting, I'll have to parachute, probably in the middle of some shit zone infested with obsolete mobs I don't give a fuck about, ride to the first flight master, hoping there's no fucking ganker along the way. In the mean time, the people that are waiting for me get bored and say "it's OK, we got another dude, can't wait for hours for you to sort out the traveling shit"
    Might have been me, I sent a bunch of positive feedback/comments to various Blizzard employees via twitter, telling them how wonderful the proposed changes are and thanking them / encouraging them to go further with delaying flying or consider outright removal.

Sorry! haha =)
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2014-03-31 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Might have been me, I sent a bunch of positive feedback/comments to various Blizzard employees via twitter, telling them how wonderful the proposed changes are and thanking them / encouraging them to go further with delaying flying or consider outright removal.

Sorry! haha =)
    You could offer them a personal handie and it wouldn't matter if WoD tanks. Money talks, bullshit walks.

When this expansion's numbers end up in the toilet, you'll see a repeat of the Great Nerfing of 4.2 fame, with them doing a 180 degree shift in game direction again and they'll fall all over themselves, catering to the people that dumped the game because of the latest POS expansion.

Hopefully, after WoD results in the 3rd consecutive fail-expansion with another 2mil sub loss, they'll finally fire those retards in charge of Development and get the game back to LK quality stuff again.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Hopefully, after WoD results in the 3rd consecutive fail-expansion with another 2mil sub loss, they'll finally fire those retards in charge of Development and get the game back to LK quality stuff again.
    From what I have seen in the game credits, the Directors from each Dept are just about the same people in MoP that they were in Wrath. So, I am guessing trying to recapture the glory of Wrath is no longer an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Tinker View Post
    From what I have seen in the game credits, the Directors from each Dept are just about the same people in MoP that they were in Wrath. So, I am guessing trying to recapture the glory of Wrath is no longer an option.
    Then put a bullet into the game's head and move on to WoW 2 because we've gotten gift-wrapped turds for the last two expansions and the third looks worse than Cata at the present moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then put a bullet into the game's head and move on to WoW 2 because we've gotten gift-wrapped turds for the last two expansions and the third looks worse than Cata at the present moment.
    Noone is forcing you to play bro. I haven't been subbed for months now and am just gonna wait it out. If you don't like the way the game's going, why keep playing?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account

Sorry! haha =)
    Well, naturally.

Those are the ones they don't delete.

Sorry! haha =)
    Do you have any idea what the word wonderful means? World peace is wonderful, food when you're hungry is wonderful, space travel would be wonderful, Liv Taylor is wonderful, removing a system that has existed for over half a game's life isn't wonderful because it pisses in a ton of people's faces.

YOU might LIKE it, but there's nothing wonderful about it.

WONDER

FULL

What's so full of wonder about ground mounts? Where's the wonder? If you want ground mounts mount up on one right now and go play every day on ground mount only, it's soon gonna be wonderempty.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Noone is forcing you to play bro. I haven't been subbed for months now and am just gonna wait it out. If you don't like the way the game's going, why keep playing?
    So, you're in agreement that the game is crap and needs to be put down, burned down, the earth salted and a new game developed with whole new development and management teams?

Awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you're in agreement that the game is crap and needs to be put down, burned down, the earth salted and a new game developed with whole new development and management teams?

Awesome.
    No. I'm in agreement with the idea that if you don't like it, you shouldn't pay for it. Honestly, a "WoW2" doesn't interest me that much.

What I AM saying is that there are new games being developed with new development teams and new management teams and some of them are quite good. What I AM saying is that if you are tired of WoW, don't look for the company to be rebuilt from scratch along with their products. There are more companies than Blizzard out there and they often make good games. Go play them. You don't need to rely on a Blizzard, now or old, for a good gaming experience.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Exactly this. If the expansion had enough positives to outweigh the negatives, then the removal of Flying at max level would be tolerable. If they had a solid expansion to go along with that removal, I'd console myself with the fact that I won't have enough time to worry about flying around and looking at the world and exploring and seeing every nook and cranny.

As it is, there's NOTHING to this expansion that would keep anyone entertained for very long at all.

What's that? Garrisons? Well, here's the thing about garrisons. It's all an automated thing. You send NPCs off to do stuff for you with a few clicks. And that's it. you don't actually do anything, except point fingers and NPCs do your bidding.

At least in other games, you're busy doing other stuff, so you don't have 'time' to do your crafting, so you send your companions to do your crafting while you're busy saving the world or whatever. With this...well, there's nothing else to do.

It's an empty expansion with no foundation and a singular copied feature from other games that do it better. Oh, and updated graphics that have been promised for several years now and won't be finished by the time the expansion drops six to seven months from now.

In all honesty, the No Flying thing is just, as was said above, the deal-breaker.
    Exactly. I watched the announce trailer last fall like everyone else and when it was done I was wondering where the expansion was.

Then I hear about all the things they are removing, simplifying, etc. Then no flying. That is what did it for me. That is what made me unsub what was already a boring MoP experience. Why stick around if I know that I don't like the direction the game is going? Especially since this expansion is all about taking away features and rehashing old maps.

There are so many amazing games out and coming out I won't be bored. Blizzard needed to step up their game not completely fumble the ball again like they did in Cata and MoP.

Exactly this. If the expansion had enough positives to outweigh the negatives, then the removal of Flying at max level would be tolerable. If they had a solid expansion to go along with that removal, I'd console myself with the fact that I won't have enough time to worry about flying around and looking at the world and exploring and seeing every nook and cranny.

As it is, there's NOTHING to this expansion that would keep anyone entertained for very long at all.

What's that? Garrisons? Well, here's the thing about garrisons. It's all an automated thing. You send NPCs off to do stuff for you with a few clicks. And that's it. you don't actually do anything, except point fingers and NPCs do your bidding.

At least in other games, you're busy doing other stuff, so you don't have 'time' to do your crafting, so you send your companions to do your crafting while you're busy saving the world or whatever. With this...well, there's nothing else to do.

It's an empty expansion with no foundation and a singular copied feature from other games that do it better. Oh, and updated graphics that have been promised for several years now and won't be finished by the time the expansion drops six to seven months from now.

In all honesty, the No Flying thing is just, as was said above, the deal-breaker.
    I love flying so much that I struggled to think of an expansion I'd still want to try with no flying. After thinking about it for a while, I came to the conclusion that I could only tolerate it if there was tons of amazing instanced content to the point I never would have to go out and do pet battles or archeology or other open world things in order to have something fun to do in game (because I hate ground travel THAT.MUCH.)

I don't see that happening in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I love flying so much that I struggled to think of an expansion I'd still want to try with no flying. After thinking about it for a while, I came to the conclusion that I could only tolerate it if there was tons of amazing instanced content to the point I never would have to go out and do pet battles or archeology or other open world things in order to have something fun to do in game (because I hate ground travel THAT.MUCH.)

I don't see that happening in WoD.
    Or that subterranean idea that a fan came up with where you could potentially scale walls and ceilings (of zones, not buildings).

It's very sad that fans are coming up with better ideas than the actual people making the game at this point.

You could offer them a personal handie and it wouldn't matter if WoD tanks. Money talks, bullshit walks.

When this expansion's numbers end up in the toilet, you'll see a repeat of the Great Nerfing of 4.2 fame, with them doing a 180 degree shift in game direction again and they'll fall all over themselves, catering to the people that dumped the game because of the latest POS expansion.

Hold on.

What part of Wrath of the Casuals was quality again? The faceroll dungeons? LFG? Buying tier?

hmmm nope, dont see anything of quality there.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Hold on.

What part of Wrath of the Casuals was quality again? The faceroll dungeons? LFG? Buying tier?

hmmm nope, dont see anything of quality there.
    Ulduar, Heroic Lich King and some of the other bosses in there, getting to conclude the Arthas story (and the rest of the story/lore in the expac I also liked), the zones were nice and several are among my top favorite WoW zones, leveling alts and getting them decent gear wasn't a total pain, achievements, learnable pets and mounts, I loved a lot of things in Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Ulduar, Heroic Lich King and some of the other bosses in there, getting to conclude the Arthas story (and the rest of the story/lore in the expac I also liked), the zones were nice and several are among my top favorite WoW zones, leveling alts and getting them decent gear wasn't a total pain, achievements, learnable pets and mounts, I loved a lot of things in Wrath.
    The storyline in ulduar, ice crown and storm peaks were amazing. Mop pales in comparison. I still enjoy that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    The storyline in ulduar, ice crown and storm peaks were amazing. Mop pales in comparison. I still enjoy that area.
    Yep, and Icecrown and Storm Peaks were designed for flying mounts, so clearly Blizz can tell a good story in a zone without restricting flying.

So i admit... if i had some pretty awesome flying mounts i would be pretty bummed about not being able to fly. I think its there way yo force questing and stop farming so much in the beginning of the exp, but thats just my opinion. I didnt like the removal of the tree. It felt more customizable and was something that i believe made wow, wow. I also dont like how some classes feel ancient to play. I really liked wrath, both gameplay and because all my friends played too. I think dragon soul was abdolutely horrible. I thought mop was too cartoony for me and i never really got into it. Peraonally with flying it is silly we can teleport to another realm but not fly. Especially at level 90-100. In my opinion at this point u should feel pretty epic especially stepping into an expansion in a games life as long as wow, without training to "fly" again after learning how to fly 4 or 5 other times. I will try the expansion out but if they r headed the same direction as they have been i think alpt of people will do what i did in mop, log in to see stuff... hit 100... and only renew if something relatively interesting happens. My.02

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Why are you so certain Blizzard listened to "TBC hipsters" regarding Cata heroics? Isn't it possible that Blizzard makes design decisions based on what they feel the game needs?

Nobody knows how this experiment is going to work out. It depends on how its implemented, because as Cata heroics demonstrated even a good idea can have bad results if implemented poorly.
    If I remember rightly blizzard stated they listened to feedback about heroics and for cata they made them harder. Then it bit them in the ass. I personally loved them as it was a good challenge when I was scrub geared on launch during cata. I am around 90% certain blizzard stated they listened to certain players feedback when doing the cata heroic changes. If I am wrong happy to hold my hands up!

As for flying - Ulduar had a great storyline and was linked to being able to fly. It can be done right.

I just want to be able to fly at level cap. Hell I will even take being able to fly come 6.1.

I just refuse to accept this game w/out flight. It is a deal breaker for me.