Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I just want to be able to fly at level cap. Hell I will even take being able to fly come 6.1.

I just refuse to accept this game w/out flight. It is a deal breaker for me.
    I am pretty sure they are instituting a new type of flying called ground flying where your mount hovers just above the ground. That way they do not need to create a million different new running animations.

I just hope the anti-fly fan boys do not get upset that there is going to be ground flying added to the game. After all it makes sense to alienate 85% of the payerbase I mean playerbase so 15% of the payerbase is happy right? That makes sense right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I am pretty sure they are instituting a new type of flying called ground flying where your mount hovers just above the ground. That way they do not need to create a million different new running animations.
    Hovering =/= flying. Not to mention, flying mounts are HUGE with their wings out (dragons at least) and are really annoying when someone is sitting just off ground level with a flying mount.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post

I just hope the anti-fly fan boys do not get upset that there is going to be ground flying added to the game. After all it makes sense to alienate 85% of the payerbase I mean playerbase so 15% of the payerbase is happy right? That makes sense right?
    No, but Blizzard found the number to be closer to 50:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    No, but Blizzard found the number to be closer to 50:50.
    Blizzard didn't "find" any such thing because Blizzard has never asked the question. They claim that feedback is running 50/50 and the only feedback they have on this subject is based on the players that bother to post on the forums.

The percentage of the playerbase who dislikes flying is nowhere near 50 per cent and you don't need access to any data to know this is true. If there are indeed any players for whom flying being in the game is unacceptable, I would assume they are gone after 7 years of flying. Flying wasn't an issue at all until Blizzard made it one by starting this nonsense and then the nostalgia nerds and Blizzard can do no wrong types jumped on the bandwagon. The last hoohah over flying on the forums prior to this was players raising complaining about flying being removed while levelling in Pandaria and there being no tome for alts which is hardly a mass rising asking for flight to be removed.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it.
    Haven't they disabled flying till max/patch.1 in all the expansions?
    What's the big deal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzball3 View Post
    I don't get it.
    Haven't they disabled flying till max/patch.1 in all the expansions?
    What's the big deal?
    No, flying has only been disabled till level cap, except in Wrath when you could get it at 77 and Cata when you could get it right away 'cause old world.

The "big deal" is the concern that Blizz may never allow flying in WoD. Given some of the dev comments, that's what some people are concerned about.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    No, flying has only been disabled till level cap, except in Wrath when you could get it at 77 and Cata when you could get it right away 'cause old world.
    The "big deal" is the concern that Blizz may never allow flying in WoD. Given some of the dev comments, that's what some people are concerned about.
    I appreciate the response, my bad for being late
    I personally don't believe they would prohibit flying the entire life of the expansion. If they did, they would compensate some how.
    I'll play, and if the game loses it's enjoyability, I'll stop playing. Easy as that

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    With that sort of attitude your better off just leaving. You cant raid or PvP with such a defeatist mindset.
    True I loathe PVP in WoW.

However I did just fine regarding raiding. It is just that raiding isn't the majority if the game for me anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Blizzard didn't "find" any such thing because Blizzard has never asked the question. They claim that feedback is running 50/50 and the only feedback they have on this subject is based on the players that bother to post on the forums.

The percentage of the playerbase who dislikes flying is nowhere near 50 per cent and you don't need access to any data to know this is true. If there are indeed any players for whom flying being in the game is unacceptable, I would assume they are gone after 7 years of flying. Flying wasn't an issue at all until Blizzard made it one by starting this nonsense and then the nostalgia nerds and Blizzard can do no wrong types jumped on the bandwagon. The last hoohah over flying on the forums prior to this was players raising complaining about flying being removed while levelling in Pandaria and there being no tome for alts which is hardly a mass rising asking for flight to be removed.
    I think they are purposely being vague and counting on the silent majority staying uninformed and hoping that once they reach max level in WoD they will be to invested in the characters to just say screw it and quit.

Personally cause I am informed I got my pre order refunded (used it to purchase Wildstar) and my pre paid time is up the 19th

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post

makes you wonder doesn't it, what if blizzard did the same thing in draenor they did in vanilla wow, ran out of time to make the zones of draenor 100% decent, so used flat and undeveloped textures you couldn't see without farsight or bugging.

they won't what us to see the laziness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by James Bond View Post
    I'd like the people who claim this is a "breath of fresh air" and "wonderful idea" or whatever to no longer use flying mounts - even once - until the next expansion, for all their daily activities. At the end of this experiment, you're all free to redefine masochism with your own personal experience.
    oh but nooo, don't you see, all those delightful chaps wants everyone to be on the same level as them, they want everyone not to fly so they can feel special.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

oh but nooo, don't you see, all those delightful chaps wants everyone to be on the same level as them, they want everyone not to fly so they can feel special.
    And you want to fly cause...uhm...walking is hard?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    And you want to fly cause...uhm...walking is hard?
    not hard, slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    not hard, slow.
    Well its a good thing that ground mounts go at 100% walking speed

you just wont be able to ignore any and all obstacles along the way.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like the people who claim this is a "breath of fresh air" and "wonderful idea" or whatever to no longer use flying mounts - even once - until the next expansion, for all their daily activities. At the end of this experiment, you're all free to redefine masochism with your own personal experience.
    Hindering yourself while everybody else is doing things faster and easier than you is not fun.

Its not the same when everybody is on the ground. I do like traveling on the ground on the islands Blizzard added, but the greater Pandaria is designed for flying at max level, and only really supports ground based travel while leveling, the layout doesnt support endgame play on ground mounts, neither do daily quests.

WoD is being designed to support ground based travel. You cant compare the two. WoD wont have dailies off on an island you can't reach without swimming forever or flying. If I want to do Shado-pan dailies right now, i would have to find some way to drag myself out to the island, same as Klaxxi.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    In theory that sounds dandy, if that's your thing. In practice, I don't think it will mean what you think it does.
    I think it does mean what I do think it... does...

Yeah.

Obviously we'll have to wait and see, but they said they want to combine the best parts of TI and the lore chain from Lions Landing/Dom Offensive. If they succeed, that would be the best endgame zone ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Flight paths have always existed in game and can take you to wherever you need for your daily questing and even Timeless Isle. When I said don't use flying mounts I wasn't including flight paths, naturally.

Also, the game was made to support non-flying mount accessibility for most things, even Storm Peaks had a teleportation type system I think.
    There is NO flight point on Klaxxi'vess, because it is assumed you will be there on a flying mount. There is no flight point on Shan'ze Dao because it is assumed you will be there on a flying mount. They assume at max level that you have a flying mount and design the game around it. In WoD, this wont be the case.

And many many things do not support ground based travel. Getting to Pandaria requires you to fly to the gunship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, the game was made to support non-flying mount accessibility for most things, even Storm Peaks had a teleportation type system I think.
    Only for the event/quest at the very highest peak. Otherwise you flew around. You even rented a flying mount from the little goblin base because you usually hit Storm Peaks at 76, and got flying at 77.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    SNIP....

You cant raid or PvP with such a defeatist mindset.

Seeing as you could never fly in those areas it's a non-issue.

However, removing a game feature we have grow accustomed to and had for 7 years and many paid real money to acquire interesting flying mounts, it would have been best to leave it where we can get flying at max level instead of the crap their feeding us now, where flying is being held back or possibility removed.

It's a move I wont support.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-04-09 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Seeing as you could never fly in those areas it's a non-issue.

However, removing a game feature we have grow accustomed to and had for 7 years, it would have been best to leave it where we can get flying at max level instead of the crap their feeding us now, where flying is being held back or possibility removed.

It's a move I wont support.
    Why is this the best course of action? people have complained about flying for a long time, leaving it in, because some people like it, doesnt mean it is the best course of action

Deleted
    No Flying mounts ?!!!?!?! FINALY!!!! i Hope they do that. And for all the whiners out there who are complaining about that.... you definetly wouldnt!! if you would know how WoW changed after they gave us flying mounts....before flying mounts all the Alliance/Horde feeling was on a whole different level... today nearly no one cares..
    Also the world felt like 1000% more alive... i guess most of the player today dont even know that there was a time where there was shit going on "everywhere" and not only in instances and battlegrounds...
    Last edited by mmoc1172de686f; 2014-04-09 at 01:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this the best course of action? people have complained about flying for a long time, taking it out, because some people don't like it, doesnt mean it is the best course of action
    See what I did there?

Just, be kind.

There is NO flight point on Klaxxi'vess, because it is assumed you will be there on a flying mount. There is no flight point on Shan'ze Dao because it is assumed you will be there on a flying mount. They assume at max level that you have a flying mount and design the game around it. In WoD, this wont be the case.

And many many things do not support ground based travel. Getting to Pandaria requires you to fly to the gunship.
    actually there is a flight path at Klaxxi'vess, it's a Klaxxi...he flies you wherever you want to go.