10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankbound View Post
    I think they quite clearly have pro's and con's.
    Biggest pro: fastest travel to your desired destination.
    Biggest con: less interaction with the world and other players.

its value all depends on how you personally weight things.
    Why should I be FORCED to interact with anyone? I like mining, herbing, pet battles, and dailies. None of those require interaction. Blizz needs to quit removing features as a design to encourage player interaction, and think up some fun shit that actually encourages players to interact. Like World event holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Oh really, you measured that how, Mr. Empiricist?
    I didn't. I'm just pointing out that you waving flying around as a benefit to the game is meaningless because that point is clearly under contention.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Agreed. And, I should also be allowed to change my 90 Druid to a 90 Paladin since my Swift Flight form, a part of my very class, will be completely fucking useless in the new zones in Draenor (not the current stuff people keep using as flying examples).
    That's pushing it, m80.

10+ Year Old Account
    is it still an instant cast with the 100% increased ground speed? I can see uses. Granted they're limited when compared to their current state.
    It is an instant cast, but only in FLYING locations. If there is no flying, there is no Storm Crow. It is not a mount... it is a Shapeshift.

Absolutely, but that's not what he was saying though. By 'objective', he means 'factual'. I don't agree with that at all.
    Fair enough, the entire topic is subjective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Reading these kinds of posts makes me sad and lose hope for humanity. "They don't want us to see the laziness", you bloody doorknob.
    By "humanity" here, you mean Blizzard, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Sjoa View Post
    I never recieved an answer to my theory about how I think when some people hear "No flying in Draenor!" They use Outland as a pointer to the imagination of how Draenor without flying would work. I mean. It makes sense to do that, none of us has played Draenor. We don't know what they will compensate no flying with. But to think no flying in Draenor will be how Outland we know it today without flying would be, is an obvious trap to fall into when we hear that no flying in Draenor will happen...

I am not a part of this argument anymore, just curious
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ 10 chars ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    That's pushing it, m80.
    I don't see how. They are allowed to fuck my character class by killing a core animal component and I am supposed to sit there, smile and take it? Would be like taking portals away from Mages, or Cabinets away from Warlocks. If they are going to destroy an aspect of my favorite class of the past 8 years, then I say they owe me one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    I didn't. I'm just pointing out that you waving flying around as a benefit to the game is meaningless because that point is clearly under contention.
    You aren't the decider of what has meaning to me. That's no better than saying "shut up! because I said so!" That's like saying "Lolercaust, you should stop posting here, because clearly people are contending your posts." No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    This thread would be about 100 pages less if it wasn't for your hundreds of comments thanking people for being on your side.
    Would be even shorter than that if people would stop thanking Blizz for removing features from the fucking game.

I don't see how. They are allowed to fuck my character class by killing a core animal component and I am supposed to sit there, smile and take it? Would be like taking portals away from Mages, or Cabinets away from Warlocks. If they are going to destroy an aspect of my favorite class of the past 8 years, then I say they owe me one.
    They're destroying aspects of every class, it's called the ability prune. Should the entire WoW playerbase get refunds because the gameplay experienced changed (as it explains on the box, and in user agreements you sign)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Why should I be FORCED to interact with anyone? I like mining, herbing, pet battles, and dailies. None of those require interaction. Blizz needs to quit removing features as a design to encourage player interaction, and think up some fun shit that actually encourages players to interact. Like World event holidays.
    Now that you've seen it from your point of view, try seeing it from another. I do want to interact with players and run into them throughout the game. The entire topic is subjective, there is no sense in arguing with others over who is right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjoa View Post
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ 10 chars ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    Reported for spamming and bumping your own posts.

Would be even shorter than that if people would stop thanking Blizz for removing features from the fucking game.
    It's a good thing though. We should acknowledge them when they do positive changes, when we definitely let them know when they make negative changes

Edit: Wrap it up, people. We are clearly dealing with an autistic guy here. Saying stuff like "Why should I be FORCED to interact with anyone?" is straight up disturbing.

Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-04-20 at 12:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    They're destroying aspects of every class, it's called the ability prune. Should the entire WoW playerbase get refunds because the gameplay experienced changed (as it explains on the box, and in user agreements you sign)?
    Take an ability from me? Sure. Cut into the heart of who a druid is... a shapeshifter? While we are at it, let's remove pets from hunters, minions from locks, portals from mages, bubbles from paladins... I'm sure there are key class components for others as well. But sure, let's just remove pieces of what make classes unique and toss it out with flight.

Take an ability from me? Sure. Cut into the heart of who a druid is... a shapeshifter? While we are at it, let's remove pets from hunters, minions from locks, portals from mages, bubbles from paladins... I'm sure there are key class components for others as well. But sure, let's just remove pieces of what make classes unique and toss it out with flight.
    Except lots of iconic class abilities have and are being removed. And flight form isn't. Once again, are you truly suggesting every single player should get refunded?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that you've seen it from your point of view, try seeing it from another. I do want to interact with players and run into them throughout the game. The entire topic is subjective, there is no sense in arguing with others over who is right.
    I do not care who is right... I care WHAT is fair. Removing a feature that has been part of this game for 8 years and is actually a key component of my Druid, is not fair. You can be right all day long. I just don't want to give Blizz the blanket "OK" to rip out a key feature that fucks my class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Except lots of iconic class abilities have and are being removed. And flight form isn't. Once again, are you truly suggesting every single player should get refunded?
    If Flying in Draenor goes, Swift flight form is little more than a greyed out box on my hotbar next to every other animal in my arsenal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it ever occur to you that there is no interaction because people don't want to interact? Do you really think people can be forced to do something in a game? Will people play a game if they're forced to do things they don't want? If I thought it would pan out, then it would probably be a better idea to me.
    Last edited by Callace; 2014-04-20 at 03:11 AM. Reason: typo

Did it ever occur to you that there is no interaction because people don't want to interact? Do you really think people can be forced to do something in a game? Will people play a game if they're forced to do things they don't want? If I thought it would pan out, then it would probably be a better idea to me.
    Yeah, they're called runners and are my favorite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they're called runners and are my favorite.
    Well, at least I understand what your personal investment in removing flight is...

They aren't DESTROYING anything.
    You are being super melodramatic here. "Cutting out the heart of druids: shape-shifting?" Tone it down a bit.

You aren't the decider of what has meaning to me. That's no better than saying "shut up! because I said so!" That's like saying "Lolercaust, you should stop posting here, because clearly people are contending your posts." No.
    You were waving around flying as a benefit to the game as if it defeated my analogy. It's not necessarily a benefit, so that doesn't defeat my analogy. That was the only point I was making.