10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Oh bull. Most people will just go, "Oh, I can't fly. That sucks. " and then continue playing. The majority won't get their panties in a bunch like you and, "OMG, I quitz and deletes all my accounts!!!"
    I never said Most... or majority. I simply spoke in general. You, on the other hand, seem to speak for the majority. I was speaking for myself, and allowing for the fact that there are others who will feel the same way I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    but you left the game because of flying. in essence, you lost thousands of dollars, thousands of hours..etc. over flying. blizzard doesn't care about you. but you'll never get those hours back. or your money...experience..etc.

Over flying.
    I didn't lose the money I spent so far. I didn't lose the time I spent so far. Because until now I had fun.
    Without flying I won't have that fun, so I will just stop spending time and money on the game.

Sure, I could probably have fun in other ways, including playing other games. Which is what I will do.

You can believe me or not, that won't change my decision.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Oh bull. Most people will just go, "Oh, I can't fly. That sucks. " and then continue playing. The majority won't get their panties in a bunch like you and, "OMG, I quitz and deletes all my accounts!!!"
    Ugh no.

More than likely what people will do is just not renew that next sub month and stop playing. They will just fade away since that is what most gamers do when the stop playing games like this.

There will be a few that come to forums and talk about it sure but the majority will just disappear and stop paying for their sub.

However, I would rather them not pay for the box price, know upfront that flying at this point is removed and let them make a well informed decision on should or should they not support blizzard. Instead blizzard has a more, "let the buyer beware" policy going on with this maybe - maybe not flying fiasco and keep rather tight lipped about it. It seems it's better to lose a sub than a $50 box sale.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Because they recognize the game will be better off without it, and are prepared to make a bold decision to fix this issue which has dragged on far too long now.

Sounds like a perfectly valid reason to me.

Spoken like someone who thinks enjoying a destination called 'having fun' hinges on being able to get there 30 seconds quicker - haha
    If you think it's to make the game better you are showing your lack of mental ability and age.

The sole problem that this game has had since the end of WotLK is lack of content. Developing content costs money. So there is every fiscal reason in the world to slow the consumption of content.

There was even a blue post that said this, but it as edited shortly after it was posted to remove the entire section of 'can't make content fast enough'.

This isn't about making the game better, it's about milking the cow.

The list of things that has been in the game for the majority of it's life are (forgive my memory for anything I miss):

Gear as a character improvement.
    PvP.
    Raids.
    Dungeons.
    Ground Mounts.
    Flying Mounts.
    Quests to level.
    Quests at max level.
    Zones for leveling.
    Zones for max level.
    Flight paths.
    World Bosses or Rare Mobs.
    Exploration at max level.
    Mat farming.

Now, as a player that pays a sub, I can't justify the removal of any of those features without an attempt to make them better for me as a player. I am more entitled to ask why not expand on those ideas for an expansion.

Maybe that's just me.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-05-23 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    The list of things that has been in the game for the majority of it's life are (forgive my memory for anything I miss):

Gear as a character improvement.
    PvP.
    Raids.
    Dungeons.
    Ground Mounts.
    Flying Mounts.
    Quests to level.
    Quests at max level.
    Zones for leveling.
    Zones for max level.
    Flight paths.
    World Bosses or Rare Mobs.
    Exploration at max level.
    Mat farming.

Now, as a player that pays a sub, I can't justify the removal of any of those features without an attempt to make them better for me as a player. I am more entitled to ask why not expand on those ideas for an expansion.

Maybe that's just me.
    combine flying and ground mounts into just mounts because they already said you will be able to use all your flying mounts on the ground. Once you do that what on your list is being effected by this change in a negative way? More than one im betting will be effected in a positive way

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    They are gone. I even tossed out the Hearthstone and D3 that went with it.
    We all know the majority of your time on these forums is spent trying to get as much attention as possible. After promising screen shots of your account deletion, i highly doubt you would pass up all that attention and just p.m. them to one person (a person who i know would cover for you). I strongly call bull shit on this until im proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookofblade View Post
    combine flying and ground mounts into just mounts because they already said you will be able to use all your flying mounts on the ground. Once you do that what on your list is being effected by this change in a negative way? More than one im betting will be effected in a positive way
    Pvp? Negative way. Should their be wpvp forced on someone, the victim can't opt out and fly away. They will resort to logging out and in the end not play the game.

Dungeons? Negative way. ( see raids)

Raids? Negative way. It will now take that much longer getting everyone to raids.

Ground mounts? N/A

Flying mounts? Negative way. Most look really bad while used as a ground mount.

Quests to level? Negative way. For alts this creates a longer time sink as we are forced into ground mounts to level an alt from 90 to 100.

Quests at max level? Negative way. It now creates a longer time sink to complete those tasks.

Flight paths? Negative way. Now I am forced into using them, and I don't enjoy using them.

World bosses? Rare mobs? Negative way, it takes now linger to get to them, increasing the chance that they will be dead before you get there.

Exploration at max level? Negative way. Now I just won't do it.

Mat farming? Negative way. It will now take much longer to farm the equivalent amount of mats you could farm with a flying mount.

What was your point again?

Quote Originally Posted by Bookofblade View Post
    No, you can't combine them into just mounts, they are 2 seperate forms of transport, and when done effectively, you can not use one to access the places you can with the other.

Flying mounts could have just as much relevance to max level content going forward as Blizz imagines, but imo it seems imagination is the limiting factor.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Because they recognize the game will be better off without it, and are prepared to make a bold decision to fix this issue which has dragged on far too long now.
    But they don't recognize that, and they aren't prepared to make the decision. They just dance around saying "maybe", "We don't know" and "let's see what happens".

So until they are actually prepared to make the decision, they are not getting any more of my money.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    But they don't recognize that, and they aren't prepared to make the decision. They just dance around saying "maybe", "We don't know" and "let's see what happens".

So until they are actually prepared to make the decision, they are not getting any more of my money.
    I agree with them taking away flying, but I fully agree with you Idoru. THey should just make a fucking decision instead of this wishy washy bullshit. Remove or keep, tired of your shit bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    We all know the majority of your time on these forums is spent trying to get as much attention as possible. After promising screen shots of your account deletion, i highly doubt you would pass up all that attention and just p.m. them to one person (a person who i know would cover for you). I strongly call bull shit on this until im proven wrong.
    I forwarded it to you in a PM. I am not going to drag it into the thread and use it to attract the attention of trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post

This.

I would encourage those who may have already bought the expansion in hopes it would have flying to get a refund.

A lot of their posturing on the subject is due in large to the fact that if they'd say "No" outright to flying it would hurt pre-purchase and subscriber numbers prematurely.

It looks better on them to say it after the fact than before. Especially the way this game is going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    No what they recognized is they need to slow content consumption and this is the easiest and laziest way to do it. Especially when viewed that it will affect everyone, everywhere.
    This is a theme park game. It's all about the "fun" not the standing in line till you get to the fun.
    I like your posts. The purpose of removing flight is to slow down content consumption so Blizzard doesn't have to spend more money to create more content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    This.

I would encourage those who may have already bought the expansion in hopes it would have flying to get a refund.

A lot of their posturing on the subject is due in large to the fact that if they'd say "No" outright to flying it would hurt pre-purchase and subscriber numbers prematurely.

It looks better on them to say it after the fact than before. Especially the way this game is going.
    This is correct, they can't say no flying now (even if it is their intent), they don't want to lose pre-orders and current subscriptions. They want us to try it out and hope the major of people are willing to keep paying. Very dishonest of Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh bull. Most people will just go, "Oh, I can't fly. That sucks. " and then continue playing.
    This response is what Blizzard is betting on in their huge gamble of removing flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post

This response is what Blizzard is betting on in their huge gamble of removing flight.
    You know how defiant little kids can be. Even when this officially happens and many subs are lost, the little kids in here will just say 'it's only because the game is 10 years old'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    You know how defiant little kids can be. Even when this officially happens and many subs are lost, the little kids in here will just say 'it's only because the game is 10 years old'.
    The fanboys and white knights will continue to claim that flight will return to WoD and we just have to "give it a try" and "wait and see". When we get to the end of the expac and still have no flight, they will proclaim no flight a fantastic success (no matter how many subscriptions are lost) and will continue to kiss Blizzards ass no matter what stupid things they do in the game.

The fanboys and white knights will continue to claim that flight will return to WoD and we just have to "give it a try" and "wait and see". When we get to the end of the expac and still have no flight, they will proclaim no flight a fantastic success (no matter how many subscriptions are lost) and will continue to kiss Blizzards ass no matter what stupid things they do in the game.
    Yeah I don't buy that though. Generally speaking, if nobody complains nothing gets done. Instead of waiting for the masses to tell them how stupid it is, I am trying to tell them ahead of time. They won't listen to people in beta, they won't even listen at launch, they will only listen when they think that investors will care. We are truly just a number to them.

I used to have respect for blizzard for their ability to make games, and the way they viewed their players. Things have really changed there. Their games are good, their customer service if you have a problem is good, but their PR is horrible, and ability to project a vision is even worse. The number of things they have changed or gone back on for the sake of money is troubling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    Yeah I don't buy that though. Generally speaking, if nobody complains nothing gets done. Instead of waiting for the masses to tell them how stupid it is, I am trying to tell them ahead of time. They won't listen to people in beta, they won't even listen at launch, they will only listen when they think that investors will care. We are truly just a number to them.

I used to have respect for blizzard for their ability to make games, and the way they viewed their players. Things have really changed there. Their games are good, their customer service if you have a problem is good, but their PR is horrible, and ability to project a vision is even worse. The number of things they have changed or gone back on for the sake of money is troubling.
    The question is, will enough of us vote with our wallet and get Blizzards attention? Because they don't give a shit if we like the change or not, they give a shit if we stop paying them money.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question is, will enough of us vote with our wallet and get Blizzards attention? Because they don't give a shit if we like the change or not, they give a shit if we stop paying them money.
    Been there, and done that. Cancelled and deleted all 3 accounts. 8 years of loyalty and $5k spent. Even ditched D3 and Hearthstone.

From a company perspective I think that is the right approach. And as players we have allowed this to become this way. Too many players complain about everything all of the time, so it's hard to tell an actual concern with noise. When people don't leave it's noise, when they leave it's not. This is a major issue, and I think many players will leave as a result. I don't think blizzard really understands that flight has allowed people to stay subbed for much longer than normal.

I spent a month doing pet battles, and another 2 flying around doing archeology while sitting I a queue for PVP. There is no way I would do those items without flight. Not to mention I can do both of those things multiple times in the same day. How much time has been spent farming flying mounts?

This will not have a positive impact. I guarantee it.