Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Yes, overpowered things can and should be removed from the game if they cant be balanced. Perhaps Blizzard dosent think Warlocks are overpowered - take it up with them.
    Warlocks being over powered in one form or another has been a consistent theme throughout WoW's life. Blizzard should of removed them long ago, then, seeing as in comparison flying only just became a problem 6 months ago.

And when did Blizz ever try to balance flying if they thought it was OP? How is removing it from max level better than tweaking the elements of it the dev's consider OP? Especially when I have paid them a premium, an additional cash payment on top of my sub to obtain and use the shiniest of flying mounts.

And ALL of the mounts they sell are flying mounts. 100% of them. THEY KNOW THE VALUE OF FLYING MOUNTS. Ignoring everything else, why would they severe this revenue stream, when they have worked so hard to foster and cater to it? It makes no sense to remove it.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-07-04 at 10:20 PM.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    And thus ends the anti-flyer argument in a sentence. Subjective and ill-formed.
    lol you guys are so deluded. Just because something isn't gamebreaking doesn't mean it's cool to keep it.

Give me 1 fucking argument that doesn't boil down to not wanting to be inconvenienced. I'm still waiting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    lol you guys are so deluded. Just because something isn't gamebreaking doesn't mean it's cool to keep it.
    Ad homonem attacks. Is this the state to which you are reduced?
    Give me one argument that is not purely subjective.

Give me 1 fucking argument that doesn't boil down to not wanting to be inconvenienced. I'm still waiting for it.
    How about: What is the point of removing it? There are no in-game issues tied to flying, save lazy devs.

Just because something isn't gamebreaking doesn't mean it's cool to keep it.
    DOUBLE LOL. It isn't gamebreaking. THEREFORE WE MUST BE ALLOWED TO REMOVE IT. By that logic, if it is gamebreaking, you must not be allowed to remove it.
    Last edited by Aeno; 2014-07-04 at 10:20 PM.

Deleted
    Warlocks being overpowered is not relavent and an attempt to cloud the issue. Blizzard have the data and try to balance the game.

Blizzard have tried to balance flying.

They don't allow it in instances.
    They have introduced no fly zones.
    They ban it with ridiculous reasons at the start of expansions during leveling.

They have to do this because its overpowered.

If they consider it overpowered and harmful to gameplay they may well remove it completely and solve the issue.
    The fact that they have sold stupid mounts to the weak willed in the shop may be your saving grace.

- - - Updated - - -

How about: What is the point of removing it? There are no in-game issues tied to flying, save lazy devs.

DOUBLE LOL. It isn't gamebreaking. THEREFORE WE MUST BE ALLOWED TO REMOVE IT. By that logic, if it is gamebreaking, you must not be allowed to remove it.
    There are lots of game issues causes by flying, mainly skipping content and reducing gameplay to simple clicking.

Double LOL? why because you cant understand simple logic.

Warlocks being overpowered is not relavent and an attempt to cloud the issue. Blizzard have the data and try to balance the game.

Blizzard have tried to balance flying.

They don't allow it in instances.
    They have introduced no fly zones.
    They ban it with ridiculous reasons at the start of expansions during leveling.

They have to do this because its overpowered.

If they consider it overpowered and harmful to gameplay they may well remove it completely and solve the issue.
    The fact that they have sold stupid mounts to the weak willed in the shop may be your saving grace.
    Replace the underlined words with "too fast".
    Flying mounts aren't "OP". They just make the game faster. In other words, devs shit out more content for us and we complete it very quickly. (QUICKLY IF WE ALL PLAY FOR HOURS AND HAVE MAX FLYING THAT IS). Removing it completely is just living in denial.

There are lots of game issues causes by flying, mainly skipping content and reducing gameplay to simple clicking.

Double LOL? why because you cant understand simple logic.
    Triple lol. More ad homonem attacks. Classy argument.

What issues are caused by flying aside from YOUR PERSONAL degradation of enjoyment? If you don't like flying, DON'T FLY. Rather than pushing your own ideas on others, be a reasonable person and do as you want.

Are you kidding me? There are several legitimate reasons for it being gone that have been mentioned several times over every one of these flying threads.
    You can call it an attack but I'll call it being honest. I'm not gonna play the little game people play here and let you twist words.

I'll throw this here too from my server the other day. I've seen it mentioned several other times and every single time there are people for it and not anyone against. Again, you're the vocal minority.

Go mention flying in your trade and see what the ratio of people for/against is.

How about I paid real money on top of my sub and the box cost for in game items that I won't be able to use for their designed, and purchased for purpose?

How about I enjoy using flight as an escape in the video game I play, by just using it to visually enjoy the world I am playing in?

How about it helps me connect socially with other people when something is happening in a place a distance away from me, allowing me to efficiently and freely move to that social event in a reasonable time?

How about sitting on a flight path being removed from the world for the duration or taking a portal and skipping that world altogether is not better than what we have in game at the moment?

How about agreeing flight needs to be adjusted, but think removing it altogether is a cop out, shows a lack of innovation in design and a void in creativity in a team you once held in high regard?
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-07-04 at 10:35 PM.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Are you kidding me? There are several legitimate reasons for it being gone that have been mentioned several times over every one of these flying threads.
    You can call it an attack but I'll call it being honest. I'm not gonna play the little game people play here and let you twist words.

I'll throw this here too from my server the other day. I've seen it mentioned several other times and every single time there are people for it and not anyone against. Again, you're the vocal minority.

You want people to give you arguments and counterarguments when this isn't something that merits it to begin with. You're just trying to divert your lack of arguments.
    3 people=majority/entirety. Okay. Oh, edit, because I forgot. 3 people at one time=majority/entirety of the server.

Several legitimate reasons. Give them to me? Stop twisting words and prolonging the debate just by evading the point.

More ad homonem attacks. Quadruple lol. Do you even have a point to your posts or are you just spewing garbage in an attempt to get me to bite your bait?

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    How about I paid real money on top of my sub and the box cost for in game items that I won't be able to use for their designed purpose?

How about I enjoy using flight as an escape in the video game I play, by just using it to visually enjoy the world I am playing in?

How about it helps me connect socially with other people when something is happening in a place a distance away from me, allowing me to efficiently and freely move to that social event in a reasonable time?

How about sitting on a flight path being removed from the world for the duration or taking a portal and skipping that world altogether is not better than what we have in game at the moment?

How about agreeing flight needs to be adjusted, but thinking removing it altogether is a cop out, shows a lack of innovation in design and a void in creativity in a team you once held in high regard?
    Okay. Now i have a task for you. Come up with an idea how to balance flying, just little one, which would make it reasonable to leave it in-game. And i don't mean arguments like "i bought mounts", because you can still use them all, just in some less charming position.

If Blizz made the flying with some CD attached, there still would be people complaining. I can see those threads "Why can't I fly for the entire time and have to make pauses every 5 minutes?"

I think that using ground mounts only allows devs to lead players in a better/proper direction during the questing (you can explore the world simulatenously with the progressing plot) , which expands the overall experience.

How about I paid real money on top of my sub and the box cost for in game items that I won't be able to use for their designed purpose?

First of all, you can use it everywhere but Draenor. Second, you can fly everywhere but Draenor, you can enjoy Draenor visually without flying above it. Third, this isn't a flight simulator, flying is not a main feature of the game.

Everyone is moving at the same pace, you'll get there when others get there. You aren't any slower than anyone else and it won't take you that long to get where you're going to begin with.
    How about sitting on a flight path being removed from the world for the duration of taking a portal and skipping that world altogether is not better than what we have in game at the moment?
    You aren't removed from the world. You're taking public transportation. Are you removed from the world when you ride the subway because you can't hop off on the tracks at any time? Hovering above the world on a mount indefinitely removes you even more, at least on a flight path you have to come back down.
    How about agreeing flight needs to be adjusted, but thinking removing it altogether is a cop out, shows a lack of innovation in design and a void in creativity in a team you once held in high regard?
    I don't disagree with that. If they could restrict flying from being infinite and OP like it is now it'd be good. But I can't personally think of a system that would work well.

3 people=majority/entirety. Okay. Oh, edit, because I forgot. 3 people at one time=majority/entirety of the server.

Several legitimate reasons. Give them to me? Stop twisting words and prolonging the debate just by evading the point.

More ad homonem attacks. Quadruple lol. Do you even have a point to your posts or are you just spewing garbage in an attempt to get me to bite your bait?
    It's called a sample size. 3 people for and 1 against times 100 is till 3x the amount of people for. But go ahead and keep trying to dismiss it. 1 person even said he would buy WoD because of no flying, that right there is proof from a random player that not having flying has gained 1 sub. Which means it is possible that no flying will gain more subs than it will lose. Which IMO people who are gonna play WoW will play with or without flying.

I'm not gonna give you points because there are about 600 pages of points in this thread. Not to mention I asked for a point first and got 'what's the reason for removing it'? That's not a point that's ignorance of the other sides points.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-07-04 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodzyna View Post
    Okay. Now i have a task for you. Come up with an idea how to balance flying, just little one, which would make it reasonable to leave it in-game.
    We have. Anti-flyers won't ever agree with them because they aren't reasonable people.

Edit: I am not admitting that flying is imbalanced, but I have (as well as others) posted compromises, and not a single anti-flyer agreed.
    Last edited by urasim; 2014-07-04 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    Replace the underlined words with "too fast".
    Flying mounts aren't "OP". They just make the game faster. In other words, devs shit out more content for us and we complete it very quickly. (QUICKLY IF WE ALL PLAY FOR HOURS AND HAVE MAX FLYING THAT IS). Removing it completely is just living in denial.

Triple lol. More ad homonem attacks. Classy argument.

What issues are caused by flying aside from YOUR PERSONAL degradation of enjoyment? If you don't like flying, DON'T FLY. Rather than pushing your own ideas on others, be a reasonable person and do as you want.
    Players dropping in and out of content at their control is overpowered. Its got very little to do with speed.

Triple LOL now is it? and you still cant see the flaw in your logic.

Its not about my personal enjoyment its what the game designers think is good for the game. Issues? Ill repeat them for you - mainly skipping content and reducing gameplay to simple clicking.

And please, not the don't like it don't fly argument.....
    Last edited by mmoc93b0a7f85d; 2014-07-04 at 10:48 PM.

First of all, you can use it everywhere but Draenor. Second, you can fly everywhere but Draenor, you can enjoy Draenor visually without flying above it. Third, this isn't a flight simulator, flying is not a main feature of the game.
    Not a strong argument for removing it altogether for an extra 4-7 months after the xpack releases. (or at all if they feel wet after a low sub drop from release)

Everyone is moving at the same pace, you'll get there when others get there. You aren't any slower than anyone else and it won't take you that long to get where you're going to begin with.
    Not true inherently by player skill and knowledge. And Beta players.

You aren't removed from the world. You're taking public transportation. Are you removed from the world when you ride the subway because you can't hop off on the tracks at any time? Hovering above the world on a mount indefinitely removes you even more, at least on a flight path you have to come back down.
    A weak, subjective argument. I feel immersed everywhere in WoW despite being in the air.

I don't disagree with that. If they could restrict flying from being infinite and OP like it is now it'd be good. But I can't personally think of a system that would work well.
    Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle already did. No flying even when it is old content (5.4 and still IoT is no-flying).

It's called a sample size. 3 people for and 1 against times 100 is till 3x the amount of people for. But go ahead and keep trying to dismiss it. I'm not gonna give you points because there are about 600 pages of points in this thread.
    Quintuple lol if you think sample sizes are 3 or lower. A DECENT sample size is 100 in a student environment. 1,000 is minimum for large-scale (MILLIONS PLAY THE GAME BROSKI). I WILL dismiss your lame survey, as it has neither a conclusion nor any inherent accurate information or importance.

Players dropping in and out of content at their control is overpowered. Its got very little to do with speed.
    Does nothing other than "kill" the World PvP you know as "ganking".

Triple LOL now is it? and you still cant see the flaw in your logic.
    Sextuple lol at the ad homonem attack that provides no eye-opening information. Keep trying, my friend.

Its not about my personal enjoyment its what the game designers think is good for the game. Issues? Ill repeat them for you - mainly skipping content and reducing gameplay to simple clicking.
    Subjective from the developers and subjective points in your argument. I'll repeat it for you a few more times I am sure.

And please, not the don't like don't fly argument.....
    Sorry that I cannot compel you to play by your own rules.
    Last edited by Aeno; 2014-07-04 at 10:44 PM.

I think that attaching an energy bar to the mount would be interesting. You could fly as long as energy isn't depleted. If the mount was tired, you would just fall down (if the journey wasn't planned properly) and hit the ground eventually.
    Dead?
    Probably, but Blizz could make a new craftable item, parachute. Engineers from all over the World of Warcraft could be usable at last.

New market, some cash earned by engis and everyone is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodzyna View Post
    I think that attaching an energy bar to the mount would be interesting. You could fly as long as energy isn't depleted. If the mount was tired, you would just fall down (if the journey wasn't planned properly) and hit the ground eventually.
    Dead?
    Probably, but Blizz could make a new craftable item, parachute. Engineers from all over the World of Warcraft could be usable at last.

New market, some cash earned by engis and everyone is happy.
    It would probably bug out in other old parts of content (waiting for rares and what have you) but this wouldn't even fly (heh, puns) in Draenor.
    Example: I want to explore mountains/find hidden aesthetics/KNOW the world/Explorer Achievement/Afk in the air where it is safe.

And the parachute idea is neat, except that you will be absolutely fucked and have to wait if you are at max Y coordinate in the air.

Deleted

A weak, subjective argument. I feel immersed everywhere in WoW despite being in the air.
    It is not subjective you are removed from the game when in flight. You may feel immersed but as usual you have missed the point. You cant interact with the world and the world cant interact with you - thus having control over this mechanic becomes overpowered.

It is not subjective you are removed from the game when in flight. You may feel immersed but as usual you have missed the point. You cant interact with the world and the world cant interact with you - thus having control over this mechanic becomes overpowered.
    I'm still logged-in when I am flying. Septuple lol for the ad homonem attack. I went ahead and bold/underlined the subjective parts.

Ok that is easy.

Assuming that the WoD isn't much different then the current world we have now (it isn't btw)

Once the content is complete it makes already tedious tasks more so. Unless you like riding through the same zone over and over to get dismounted (yah they added more of those guys) by mobs that pose no threat or challenge.

It makes getting to tasks that are fun, tedious to get. Thankfully there is content you can que for.

Pretty simple it isn't fun.

I'm still logged-in when I am flying. Septuple lol for the ad homonem attack. I went ahead and bold/underlined the subjective parts.
    Dude like this whole subject is subjective. That's the only reason there is so much debate. There is 600 pages because anytime anyone says anything someone else goes 'derp that's just subjective opinion'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Ok that is easy.

Assuming that the WoD isn't much different then the current world we have now (it isn't btw)

Once the content is complete it makes already tedious tasks more so. Unless you like riding through the same zone over and over to get dismounted (yah they added more of those guys) by mobs that pose no threat or challenge.

It makes getting to tasks that are fun, tedious to get. Thankfully there is content you can que for.

Pretty simple it isn't fun.
    Yea, you're kind of SUPPOSED to run through those areas. If you disdain the world so much then the WORLD of Warcraft isn't for you. Traveling through the world is part of being in the world. The scenery from my house to work gets pretty old, but the only way to get there is to go through the world. It's part of the immersion.

More and more it sounds to me like you people don't want an open world game at all. Because traveling through it is kind of the point of it all.

Deleted
    This is getting embarrassing.

You said about feeling immersed not me so it is you who is being subjective.

You missing the point isn't subjective, believe me - its a reoccurring issue.

Not being able to interact with the world and the world not being able to interact with you is not subjective it is fact. It is the very basis of how the game works and if you hadn't noticed allows you to go AFK with impunity.