10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If this is actually what they want, they have a pretty weird way of showing it. Nothing about WoD screams "old school" to me in any way.

No flying, raid or die and single size mythic raid tier should make this an eq hardcore mmo lovers dream. It's old school as fuck. It's trying to rewind the clock on so many progressive changes the developers made over the years cause reasons. Mostly terrible ones. Mostly developers embracing antiquated and conservative notions about mmo design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxal View Post
    Why close it when another will take up where this one left off?
    Because the thread no longer serves a purpose. The question has been answered and now there are other threads that actually focus on the topic of no more flying in new expansions. This thread is just a testament to bitching and moaning at this point.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Because the thread no longer serves a purpose. The question has been answered and now there are other threads that actually focus on the topic of no more flying in new expansions. This thread is just a testament to bitching and moaning at this point.
    1120 pages of it...

Indeed, this is no longer a possibility, it's confirmed. No flying.

I don't think a thread full of so much bickering should be used as the platform for the next stage of discussion, especially since it isn't centered around WoD alone anymore.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Well to answer that honestly we'd have to look at the value of the two new flight threads that were spawned by the recent interview with watcher.

More coherent reads, possible to read all the way through, better context if you did, subject that is not too depreciated. Small enough to not attract concern trolls that think the # of pages reinforces their bias.
    One Sweet Dream

Deleted
    I'm personally glad they'll never introduce flying ever again. If you want flying, WoW's not for you. Get out of my game, peasant

Yeah I don't understand that either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Yeah I don't understand that either.
    Thread's topic is "Possibly no flying throughout entire xpac."

We know for certain that there won't be flying ever again in WoW. Close this unnecessary thread already.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    [I]Blizzard is taking away a choice and more importantly an integral feature.
    Did I miss the message saying they are removing raiding or pvp!?

Flying is a form of travel, of which there are many others, not an "integral feature" of wow. You people need to get over yourselves, it's getting quite embarrassing tbh.

Leaving a game because they changed a travel mechanic is laughable at best.

"Hey Johnny, not seen you on wow for a while? You've been playing since [insert xpac here] and uses to be on all the time, what happened? Get bored of raiding? Pvp not your thing any more? Just get bored of the game?"

"they removed flying mounts. It was an integral feature in the game you know? I just couldn't bring myself to have to travel around in a different, slightly slower manner, so I quit forever."

"..."

Honestly, don't you see how ridiculous you all sound?.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post

Flying is a form of travel, of which there are many others, not an "integral feature" of wow. You people need to get over yourselves, it's getting quite embarrassing tbh.

"Hey Johnny, not seen you on wow for a while? You've been playing since [insert xpac here] and uses to be on all the time, what happened? Get bored of raiding? Pvp not your thing any more? Just get bored of the game?"

"they removed flying mounts. It was an integral feature in the game you know? I just couldn't bring myself to have to travel around in a different, slightly slower manner, so I quit forever."

"..."

Different strokes.

There is no right or wrong reason to leave the game. It's just a matter of personal taste.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2015-05-23 at 05:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post

"..."

I'm pretty sure if you go back and read some of the older posts on this thread, you will notice that most people that have unsubbed did so because of other reasons besides just lack of flying alone. The no flying is the just one reason in a long list of reasons why people are leaving wow right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    I'm pretty sure if you go back and read some of the older posts on this thread, you will notice that most people that have unsubbed did so because of other reasons besides just lack of flying alone. The no flying is the just one reason in a long list of reasons why people are leaving wow right now.
    That's not how it works on forums, the ONLY reason why subs drop is because of my personal pet peeve. The quarterly report is justification for my personal gripes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    We know for certain that there won't be flying ever again in WoW. Close this unnecessary thread already.
    Moving forward, new expansions are also unlikely to have flying outside of specific zones or expansion ideas.
    Mfw unlikely means never.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    Different strokes.

There is no right or wrong reason to leave the game. It's just a matter of personal taste.
    Removing raiding would go along way to making this a better game. Removing flying has done nothing except upset people who liked flying. I'd give raiding the boot before flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Removing raiding would go along way to making this a better game. Removing flying has done nothing except upset people who liked flying. I'd give raiding the boot before flying.

I was never particularly a progression raider... I did a few months worth in LK and that was about it. It was not for me (it felt to claustrophobic to me).

Had they announced 18 months ago that they were removing it, I would not have batted an eye. Still, I would have understood why some were upset.

well, atleast they had the balls to finally come out and talk about their plans for flight, gotta respect that. Also exactly on a day I would have subbed for an extra month if not for this new info.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a sad day. I remember earning my flying mount back in bc. It was a glorious day when I finally took to the sky. No more. No more fun. That's not what Blizzard is about. They want to dictate everything about the game experience. They've ruined the greatest game there ever was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    It's a sad day. I remember earning my flying mount back in bc. It was a glorious day when I finally took to the sky. No more. No more fun. That's not what Blizzard is about. They want to dictate everything about the game experience. They've ruined the greatest game there ever was.
    You can go back and play on BC private servers that are 1:1 the game from back then. What's stopping you? Are you sick of playing the greatest game there ever was? Or are you just lying to yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    You can go back and play on BC private servers that are 1:1 the game from back then. What's stopping you? Are you sick of playing the greatest game there ever was? Or are you just lying to yourself?
    there are vanilla servers as well, why were you playing wow the last X years with flight, if you could have played the perfect game without flight for years?

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post

Almost all of the decisions and information coming out of Blizzard for the last year or so has bordered on mystifying.

I mean, consider this statement: "Ultimately, after much deliberation, we came to the conclusion that the world of Draenor would simply no longer provide the experience we envisioned it if we were to reintroduce flight in this expansion."

At last count, the "experience that they envisioned" has cost them about 3 million subs (so far) during the course of this expansion, which is a record to blow away all other records. BTW, I am not blaming flight alone for this (that would be foolish). I am blaming the total presentation that is WoD... "their vision".

So by this point, you think they would have realized that their vision was horribly-horribly flawed, and that maybe sticking to the parameters of the original vision was not working out so well... but no, they seem to insist on more of what was not working in the first place.

Mystifying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    there are vanilla servers as well, why were you playing wow the last X years with flight, if you could have played the perfect game without flight for years?
    I'm adapting to WoW's changes. I have the skill to do so, unlike you and your pro-flying nerds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    Almost all of the decisions and information coming out of Blizzard for the last year or so has bordered on mystifying.

I mean, consider this statement: "Ultimately, after much deliberation, we came to the conclusion that the world of Draenor would simply no longer provide the experience we envisioned it if we were to reintroduce flight in this expansion."

At last count, the "experience that they envisioned" has cost them about 3 million subs (so far) during the course of this expansion, which is a record to blow away all other records. BTW, I am not blaming flight alone for this (that would be foolish). I am blaming the total presentation that is WoD... "their vision".

So by this point, you think they would have realized that their vision was horribly-horribly flawed, and that maybe sticking to the parameters of the original vision was not working out so well... but no, they seem to insist on more of what was not working in the first place.

Mystifying.
    Those 3M were probably the MMORPG-locusts that swarm from one new MMO to the next new MMO. Losing those is just expected
    Last edited by mmoc5b249aa738; 2015-05-23 at 05:54 AM.