EVGA 770 load issues.

Have the latest drivers from nvidia installed, average temp is in the 40s, more than enough power.
    However load seems to be ~27% resulting in somewhat shitty fps in wow.
    When i try to run a test and load is ~90% temps go up to 65 (test fps is ~200 with 4M Particles, Extreme FHD)
    Can't imagine any bottlenecks (cpu is 4770) so not sure what the issue is.

10+ Year Old Account
    The CPU is the bottle neck.

Should it really be bottlenecking it THAT much though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, doesn't really matter what you have for hardware currently, it's all about the cpu speed. In really intense situations I can drop into high 20's with a 2500k @ 4.7ghz and 670 sli. Really sucks.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by thekillermg View Post
    Should it really be bottlenecking it THAT much though?
    Yes. Even something like a 650 Ti isn't going to max itself out in WoW.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

its how the games works, google is full on posts of: low gpu/cpu usage and low fps wow

The issue is, that 1-2 weeks ago it was working fine (maintaining 200fps+) (with the same configuration) and the CPU load also isn't that high.
    What's odd is that right now i'm sitting afk in shrine and it's pumping out ~75% load. (Actually even slightly more crap running in background than during last time i looked)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    The issue is, that 1-2 weeks ago it was working fine (maintaining 200fps+) (with the same configuration) and the CPU load also isn't that high.
    What's odd is that right now i'm sitting afk in shrine and it's pumping out ~75% load. (Actually even slightly more crap running in background than during last time i looked)
    You can't look at loads for CPU for wow, i7 has 8 threads and wow will never go for more than 25% CPU total load, it can go as high as 90+% on a single thread, though.
    Maybe some update did it?
    Try deleting cache folder.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    You can't look at loads for CPU for wow, i7 has 8 threads and wow will never go for more than 25% CPU total load, it can go as high as 90+% on a single thread, though.
    Maybe some update did it?
    Try deleting cache folder.
    Was looking at the load on all cores.
    But yea i'll see how it goes again.

Have the latest drivers from nvidia installed, average temp is in the 40s, more than enough power.
    However load seems to be ~27% resulting in somewhat shitty fps in wow.
    When i try to run a test and load is ~90% temps go up to 65 (test fps is ~200 with 4M Particles, Extreme FHD)
    Can't imagine any bottlenecks (cpu is 4770) so not sure what the issue is.
    You're seeing low GPU usage because you're likely in a situation that is CPU capped, so your card is being held back by your processor. If you were to go into a place like Westfall where your CPU wouldn't be much of a factor, you would see your GPU usage spike up higher due to there not being a CPU ceiling anymore.

Was looking at the load on all cores.
    But yea i'll see how it goes again.
    That's not how it works, Windows uses load balancing. For instance, let's say we have a program that's solely consuming 100% of a single thread on an i7. If you were to open task manager, you would see that 100% load split up evenly over all 8 "cores". It would show each one only hovering around 11-12%.

This is highly unlikely if you're maxing your settings, unless you're looking directly at a wall right in front of you or something similar. There's no system available that can push such numbers in WoW in most areas.
    Last edited by glo; 2014-03-10 at 10:53 AM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics