Deleted

HC Thokk or Siegecrafter ( 10 )

Hey there, we killed spoils a while ago, and after gearing up a new healer cause an old one left, we are now standing before a decission; HC Thokk or Siegecrafter, let me explain something about our setup first.

Tanks

Feral druid
    Protection Warrior

Healers

Resto Druid
    Disc Priest

Dps

Fire Mage
    Frost Mage
    Deathknight
    Hunter
    Shaman
    Warrior

The shaman has resto offspec and can play it a full 100%, same goes for the prot tank, he can go dps if needed for specific tactics.

We've had a couple of attempts on Thokk, but with the healing setup we have its a complete nightmare.
    In a full on rage our logger decided to remove the loggs cause he was to ashamed.. so i can't post logs unfortunate .

Now with the setup we have, what is easyer? HC Thokk or Siegecrafter? and what sort of tactic should we use, because the ones we have been using ( especially for Thokk) turned into a complete nightmare.

Deleted
    Thok is miles easier than Seigecrafter, just get a CD rotation (and the healers must know how to cast w/o getting interrupted) and a kite route and then it's more or less dead.

Deleted
    Thok is way easier than Siegecrafter. Never go for Siegecrafter before Thok, it's a horrible idea.
    Thok has also been nerfed by 10% and you have the absolutely best healing setup for it: Resto Shaman, Resto Druid and Disc Priest. The only choice you really have is whether to two heal it or 3 heal it. This depends on the strength of your healers and your dps.

Also you might want to fix that rage in your raids. It doesn't help anyone, it just makes the rest of the group feel badly.

ur setup looks ok for both.

We do 4 melee camp 4 ranged camp OT standing other side of Thok on Thok, everyone in the healing rain (would use 3 healers for Thok) and keeping efflo up (from the glyph that makes u get it from mushroom not swiftmend), ranged camp: disc priest, hunter, mages. melee camp; DPS warr, resto druid, resto shaman, DK. Kiting without a warlock portal means u need to move in advance after his 3rd fixate, priest spec feathers for higher speed boost.

Siegecrafter: We do it with killing missiles in our alt group, also without a warlock. Have hunter on belt fulltime and the melees rotating up the belt (want ranged DPS to wack the mines), resto druid get ursol's vortex and shaman get totem projection and earthgrab totem and use them for the mine drop point, in 25 man when we've had a feral druid tanking boss (which I think u should) he takes trap from the belt hunter (me) so he can drop it at mines which is also an idea. double ring of frost should really help getting the mines down before they reach ranged camp. Our boomkins 10 man PoV video should help fill out raid positions and markers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9pnBHlAoas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Thok is way easier than Siegecrafter. Never go for Siegecrafter before Thok, it's a horrible idea.
    Thok has also been nerfed by 10% and you have the absolutely best healing setup for it: Resto Shaman, Resto Druid and Disc Priest. The only choice you really have is whether to two heal it or 3 heal it. This depends on the strength of your healers and your dps.

Also you might want to fix that rage in your raids. It doesn't help anyone, it just makes the rest of the group feel badly.
    I was about to say the exact same thing, the only thing your raid vaguely misses for Thok is the addition of a paladin(spec realy doesn't matter) to HoP your healers to allow them to cast without getting interupted during their cooldowns and also devotion aura which also allows your healers to cast without being interupted. Your raid shouldn't have any issues with healing though just have some patients and keep at it as like Karlzone said Seigecrafter is a much more difficult fight.

Deleted
    So with the setup we have, whats the basic amount of "screeches" we should take before he goes into his "chase" phase? and what's the best order to open up the cages?

-edit

Totally forgot to thank all the people commenting so far!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markdead View Post
    So with the setup we have, whats the basic amount of "screeches" we should take before he goes into his "chase" phase?
    As much as you can. Remember that he wipes the raid with 30 stacks, so be careful.

and what's the best order to open up the cages?
    We did Poison, Ice, Fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    As much as you can. Remember that he wipes the raid with 30 stacks, so be careful.

And how exactly do you cope with the bats, do you 1 or 2 tank it?

Just for clarification, it is actually on the 31st stack that the raid gets wiped. You can survive the 30th. However, I'd recommend stacking up around 28 stacks to make sure you don't accidentally push it past 30.

This is the easiest way.

And how exactly do you cope with the bats, do you 1 or 2 tank it?
    I'm in a 25m, so I'm not sure how 10m do it. However, on 25m we found it easier to 2 tank it so one tank could pull all the bats into the melee stack clump for them to AoE them down. Bats are easily the hardest part of this encounter, make sure you use 3 min CDs and second potions for them.
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!

Your comp is fine for both fights, probably stronger for Thok, IMO. Thok is generally the easier fight, so unless your healers are your weak link, I'd suggest that one first.

For Thok, we use a "3 minute rotation", which means that we drag out each Phase 1 and Phase 2 such that the next Phase 1 begins 3+ minutes after the pull. This equates to 26+ stacks in Phase 1 and opening the door 74+ seconds in Phase 2. This allows you to use the same rotation of 3 minute cooldowns on each door, which allows things to be very consistent. You can even make weakauras for people to use specific cooldowns at specific stacks so it's impossible for them to miss.

We used Poison -> Frost -> Fire doors, although we have only ever actually seen the fire door once or twice in our ~20 kills of H Thok, and that's when someone is dead for a large part of the fight. We typically kill the boss a few seconds into the Phase 2 from Ice Door.

We use one tank, although we've only done it with Prot Warrior, Prot Paladin, and Monk. I'm not sure about the other two tanks, but it's probably possible since the nerfs. On the frost door, your tank will get frozen. This is okay as long as he puts up a reasonable cooldown and has active mitigation up and the range dps break him out immediately. Our tank gets frozen twice on every kill, and it's not risky as long as the range dps switch to the tomb ASAP.

We save heroism for the Poison door, to help with the bats and healing through the poison debuffs. We position the raid so that the bats have to run through the tank to get to the raid. We also use misdirects and whatever ranged threat the tank has to pick up the bats. One or two bats on the raid isn't the end of the world.

Another nifty trick is that only 2 bats do the aoe damage. These bats have a special debuff (forgot what it's called) but you can stun or kill these first to reduce the raid AOE damage. We typically just AOE indiscriminately, but maybe you'll find this tip helpful.
    Minimerlinx - Kel'Thuzad (US)

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US22 10m, is now recruiting all classes for WoD! Apply here!