Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

boost a character with XP turned off

If i have turned off experience on a character can i still boost it to 90 or will it award all the levels but do nothing?
    Hi

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'm 99.9% sure that it would still be boosted to 90, because there's a difference between getting actual xp and recieving the levels through the boost system.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

You aren't granting exp, you're granting levels. Though it may give warning to spare twink tears.

Why would you want to do such a thing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    Probably hoping to get all the 480? gear equipped as low lvl character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    Because twinking is boring and it's not a reflection on skill rather than a reflection on lack of skill. Twinking is only to inflate the ego's of players who lack little to no skill at max level. Why else would someone choose to PvP in a 19/29/39/49 bracket when PvP is balanced around max level and everything serious including titles/mounts is only at max level? If this player was as good as it reflects on their twinks, why wouldn't they push for R1? Oh that's right, it's because they're not quick enough, skilled enough and aware of how to properly play, which is why they create twinks to inflate an imaginary ego. This isn't an assault, I'm just stating the truth because I twinked back in vanilla/TBC... why? Because I sucked at 60/70 PvP and wanted to feel like a god in BG's. I'd strut around on my 29 hunter w/ the STV chain quest gun and i'd blow people up in seconds. Of course I had the helm enchant and all the other proper enchants, so anyone who was just doing a BG for fun had a 0% of killing me regardless of my skill.

OT:
    The character would still get boosted to level 90 because these levels are coming from an internal system, not through actual experience. But it can't hurt to ease your mind by turning on experience again.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Because twinking is boring and it's not a reflection on skill rather than a reflection on lack of skill. Twinking is only to inflate the ego's of players who lack little to no skill at max level. Why else would someone choose to PvP in a 19/29/39/49 bracket when PvP is balanced around max level and everything serious including titles/mounts is only at max level? If this player was as good as it reflects on their twinks, why wouldn't they push for R1? Oh that's right, it's because they're not quick enough, skilled enough and aware of how to properly play, which is why they create twinks to inflate an imaginary ego. This isn't an assault, I'm just stating the truth because I twinked back in vanilla/TBC... why? Because I sucked at 60/70 PvP and wanted to feel like a god in BG's. I'd strut around on my 29 hunter w/ the STV chain quest gun and i'd blow people up in seconds. Of course I had the helm enchant and all the other proper enchants, so anyone who was just doing a BG for fun had a 0% of killing me regardless of my skill.
    Or you do some actually challenging/interesting stuff
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

10+ Year Old Account
    Man you've got it all figured out don't you? /sarcasm

Just because you were bad (like you admitted) doesn't mean that others are doing it for that very reason.

On topic: Like people have said, it's levels, not exp that you'll be getting.

Should still get you to 90.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirse View Post
    Probably hoping to get all the 480? gear equipped as low lvl character.
    You'd have to be a pretty big mongoloid to think you'd be able to exploit the system without getting a bann in the end...assuming it would work.

10+ Year Old Account

OT:
    The character would still get boosted to level 90 because these levels are coming from an internal system, not through actual experience. But it can't hurt to ease your mind by turning on experience again.
    As someone who has both twinked and also plays at high ratings at max level and has since arenas were introduced, your personal experiences with twinking do not represent all players. Stop acting like they do. It's a fun pastime and some brackets are less balanced than others but a lot of highly skilled players enjoy it. One of my good friends was a r1 gladiator who stopped playing at max level and played his lvl 70 twinks full time because he enjoyed it more. Playing twinks doesn't define you as a player.

Though it may give warning to spare twink tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    You'd have to be a pretty big mongoloid to think you'd be able to exploit the system without getting a bann in the end...assuming it would work.
    The funny thing is even if this was the case (boosting to try to give a twink the gear) it would all be scaled down to the twinks level. I've noticed that with higher level stuff on my bank toon (maybe it only affects enchants)... I dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried this a few times. It uses up your "boost", but your character stays the exact same level - yet your character's still fully equipped in level 90, 489 ilvl greens. It's amazing, and ensures you're super strong whilst leveling.

but not really

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    The funny thing is even if this was the case (boosting to try to give a twink the gear) it would all be scaled down to the twinks level. I've noticed that with higher level stuff on my bank toon (maybe it only affects enchants)... I dunno.
    Only enchants and gems. Also some bufffood and flask for <60 I think

10+ Year Old Account
    The boost occurs in the character screen, not in game. Even with XP off, you will still boost.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2014-03-10 at 01:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    Nah twinking is the equivalent of smurfing on LoL
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    Other than facing other twinks, what challenging/interesting stuff do you would find in a random BG all twinked out vs non-twinks.

Unless you mean solo the entire other team?

OT: I have no idea. I would presume that, as others have said, it would just go *POOOF* on the character screen, directly adding levels and not XP, but that's just a guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I tried this a few times. It uses up your "boost", but your character stays the exact same level - yet your character's still fully equipped in level 90, 489 ilvl greens. It's amazing, and ensures you're super strong whilst leveling.
    How have you tried this "a few times"? The boosts are not even available for sale or use until after the pre-orders hit the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Other than facing other twinks, what challenging/interesting stuff do you would find in a random BG all twinked out vs non-twinks.
    Screw PvP, see signature. Or see anything Aelobin etc do