Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Warrior tank solo tanking H-Malkorok Blood rage.

Hey guys.
    My guild havent got at Heroic Malkorok yet but soon we ll be there.
    Was thinking about a way of solo tanking Malkorok Blood Rage with my warrior.

I have Rook's Talisman trinket.
    Raid composion will be:

Holy priest
    Holy pala
    Resto shaman
    Blood Dk
    Me (war tank)
    Hunter
    Lock
    Mage
    Enhancement Shaman
    Rogue

We start tries with 3 healers.

Anyone have done it and able to suggest a way?
    Thanks in advance

You want 2 healers for the fight. As for the bloodrage we did it with shieldwall followed by vigilance+hand of sacrifice. You don't got a dps warrior in your setup for vigilance but it should be easy with Rook's trinket, start with shieldwall and pop the trinket 5 secs later. If your dps is high enough to skip the 2nd bloodrage you can glyph shieldwall as well.

Don't forget rally/cry. We always 1 tank it on 25m. Most important is making sure your stacks aren't high.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just make sure you don´t have any stacks left. You will feel every single one. Glyphed Shieldwall, Demoshout, Rally, Demobanner, the trinket and armor pots. Aside from that, get a Sacrifice from that pala and pain surpression from the priest on yourself running. Don´t play with 3 healers.
    Last edited by Valech; 2013-12-06 at 06:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Here's how I solo tank it on 10 man heroic: start the phase with zero stacks and 100 rage, pop last stand + shield wall immediately, after 2-3 secs I drop demo banner, after 2-3 more secs I pop Rook's Talisman and demo shout. I save Enrage Regeneration, lock stones and a health pot for times my health drops below 75% and use shield barriers when I can. I know I get Sacrifice from our prot pally and a bubble from our MW monk at various points, I think those are the only externals used. Honestly I feel pretty strong solo tanking it with my health rarely dropping below 70% and could probably do it without any externals. My health pool is also about 1.1M for this fight with dual stam trinkets and a stam flask.

Deleted
    I really appreciate the help! Thanks for your replies .
    I have some questions.

In order not to have stacks you start tanking the fight or not?
    I don't know yet if raid meet the dps requirements so we don't have a 2nd blood rage.
    If we do have that second blood rage I think I won't have the CDS back (at least the 3 mins CDs).
    How I should react? Keeping CDs for that second blood phase or no?

I start the fight and swap on 2nd add/hit, always end up without stacks (taunting back after 1 big hit and same till 2nd add). When it's blood rage I use:

- LS before BR so I have it back before next one
    - HoS + SW
    - Eregen after
    - Demo when HoS is about to end
    - HoS when 1st ends
    - Rook Trinket (remember it last 15sec and blood rage last so aim at 9-8sec into BR AFAIR)
    - keep Barriers up when you can
    - on 2nd BR you can use RC and Demo Banner too

There is sometimes additional Ironbark / Pain Suppression if we 3 heal it but it's pointless, 2 heal it. All CD's are back on 2nd BR just in case.

You'll have them back up - just not immediately. Theres 2:50 between the phases so just start off with strong CD's the 2nd time around then the rest when they come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysearia View Post
    I start the fight and swap on 2nd add/hit, always end up without stacks (taunting back after 1 big hit and same till 2nd add). When it's blood rage I use:

- LS before BR so I have it back before next one
    - HoS + SW
    - Eregen after
    - Demo when HoS is about to end
    - HoS when 1st ends
    - Rook Trinket (remember it last 15sec and blood rage last so aim at 9-8sec into BR AFAIR)
    - keep Barriers up when you can
    - on 2nd BR you can use RC and Demo Banner too

There is sometimes additional Ironbark / Pain Suppression if we 3 heal it but it's pointless, 2 heal it. All CD's are back on 2nd BR just in case.
    Your DPS are doing it wrong if you get a 2nd blood rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    And remember to use those 1 million vengeance Shield Barriers!

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Your DPS are doing it wrong if you get a 2nd blood rage.
    I can't always bring best possible team and that 2nd BR ain't lasting long or it's dead after it.

Deleted
    I start the fight and swap on 2nd add/hit, always end up without stacks (taunting back after 1 big hit and same till 2nd add).
    Can't understand that. You swap when? You taunt back at some number of stacks of the other tank?

Quote Originally Posted by zaratoustra View Post
    Can't understand that. You swap when? You taunt back at some number of stacks of the other tank?
    if you start out tanking, and switch when he does his 2nd slam(should be around 15 stacks), your stacks will fall off as he is casting breath. then you just repeat and your stacks will drop when he is casting 2nd breath and going into blood rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

/rollface? it's 10man he only does like 2.8m? per hit vs the 7m on 25man, our warrior tank never survived that stupid damage.

if you have ANY half decent geared windwalker, make him go brewmaster and just laugh at malkorok stagger and purifying brew, blood rage turns into the easiest part of the fight, making the entire fight about as hard as iron jugg.

Or you tell your warrior to shape up?

How our guild dose it is by letting the tank that will solo the blood rage pull the boss. When he has 25energy the offtank taunts, at 50 the solo tank taunts, and at 75 the offtank taunts again. When the boss then reach 100 energy and enter the Blood Rage phase the solo tank is guarantied to have 0 stacks, and he have had time to build up his resources.

Another tip is that just as the last swing in the Blood rage phase lands, have your offtank taunt the boss. If he taunts your solo tanker will have his vengeance capped, and he'll do insane damage. If you don't taunt the first normal melee swing will lower it back down to normal values.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Thanks again guys for the help
    We are starting tries tonight.
    I ll update :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Just make sure you don´t have any stacks left. You will feel every single one. Glyphed Shieldwall, Demoshout, Rally, Demobanner, the trinket and armor pots. Aside from that, get a Sacrifice from that pala and pain surpression from the priest on yourself running. Don´t play with 3 healers.
    Probably not armour pots use health pots seeing as he ignores armour in blood rage

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redd-Azuremyst View Post
    Probably not armour pots use health pots seeing as he ignores armour in blood rage
    Where does it say that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Where does it say that?
    It doesn't.

Rage fills Malkorok, causing each melee attack to inflict 1800000 Physical damage, split among all enemies hit. Blood Rage causes Malkorok to lose 5 rage every second, and ends when he no longer has any rage.

According to that, it says it is Physical Damage- which means it should be affected by armor. There may be something I'm missing - maybe another ability, but otherwise that should be it.

Quote Originally Posted by zaratoustra View Post
    I really appreciate the help! Thanks for your replies .
    I have some questions.

In order not to have stacks you start tanking the fight or not?
    I don't know yet if raid meet the dps requirements so we don't have a 2nd blood rage.
    If we do have that second blood rage I think I won't have the CDS back (at least the 3 mins CDs).
    How I should react? Keeping CDs for that second blood phase or no?
    There's about 60-64 stacks of the debuff that go out between each blood rage.

My group typically aims for:

Tank 1 takes to 20 stacks
    Blood Rage tank takes it to 20 stacks
    Tank 1 takes it till intermission (20-24 stacks)
    Blood Rage Occurs.

Realistically we shuffle it back & forwards by a stack or two to mesh more neatly with adds/slams tho.

And as someone else said, it's 2m50s between, and blood rage lasts 20s. So 3m CDs used at start of first blood rage are up halfway through second, or if you've got CD reduction they're up at the start of the second blood rage.

Enrage is shortly after the second blood rage (15-20s i think? mebe a bit longer) and frankly there's no real reason to stress about getting a second blood rage in 10s, especially if you've got a CD reduction trinket. As long as you have a plan in advance you'll be fine. If you don't have the reduction trinket & you're really having hassles, you can always get the other tank to do the second with their 3m CDs.

It's perfectly possible to 2 or 3 heal, it's purely a question of DPS competence vs healer competence (with a side serve of "how derpy is your raid about bubbles?")
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2014-03-13 at 10:41 AM.