Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Favorite Mount and Why?

What is your favorite mount and why?

My favorite ground mount is my Vicious War Wolf, for the
    orcish feel and the feeling of the accomplishment. (75 rbg wins)

My Favorite flying mount is the nether drakes, just for
    the pure quest experience and the awesome feel of the mount.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Ground is probably amber scorpion

Flying is probably sky golem. Its animations are spectacular.

My teal kodo from classic, because its a teal kodo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ashes of Al'ar. Just a beautiful mount all around. Colors, effect, symbol, etc. Really my top favorite.

For ground, I'd have to say Anzu. Looking forward to my digital deluxe pre-order...
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Ashes of Al'ar. Just a beautiful mount all around. Colors, effect, symbol, etc. Really my top favorite.
    So true, but it doesnt feel as rare to me anymore.
    For example ; I got Onyxias reins to drop 2-3 weeks ago, and I never use it because it's so common now.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ashes of Al'ar. I was so excited, took only 30 kills!

Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    So true, but it doesnt feel as rare to me anymore.
    For example ; I got Onyxias reins to drop 2-3 weeks ago, and I never use it because it's so common now.
    Ashes' drop rate hasn't changed, so it's still pretty rare.

Ground Mount - Swift Razzashi Raptor. Yeah, people might have the new raptors but ive only seen one other person on this thing. I love it.

Flying Mount - Onyxia. Just like the raptor, I had to farm for it. I got it ninjaed from me some time back so it was always a itch I had to scratch. Got it like 3 weeks ago, and I am so happy.
    Mcdohl - 90 Ret/Prot pally
    Irishe - 90 Assassination Rogue
    Sheppherd - 90 Resto Shaman

All depends on my character. For simplicity sake we will stick with my main.

Ground - Lately I have been using the Shado-Pan cat mounts.
    Flight - Pandaren kite.

Ground mount: Mechano Hog/Mechineers Chopper
    I've loved this since I scraped together enough money to buy the vendor mats and build my own. Every single character that can ride has this on their hotbar.

Flying Mount: Flying Red Disk.
    Looks cool, small profile lets me see my character and see the ground below, and they look good riding it.

I've got a few of the rare mounts, but I find I like the common mounts a lot more. I still collect them for the sake of collecting them.

I like my Blue Proto-Drake. The tiger mounts are my favorite non-flying mounts.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ground Mount: Swift Zulian Tiger. Just badass as shit. Got it on my second or third run waaaaay back in the day and it is just a really really awesome looking mount.

Flying Mount: Time-lost proto drake. Spent 2 years farming that fucker, finally got it and always used it ever since.

Ground is probably amber scorpion!!!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm in a group has to be Obsidian Nightwing (I have all other multi seat mounts) for My dk and Pally when flying solo it has to be the CM phoenix's, and the ground has to be fiery warhorse (why? because vampire horse on fire obviously (from wowhead)) for my other flying characters its one of my many proto drakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    A tie between the Twilight Drake (Love it's color scheme) and the Corrupted Egg (Love it's design).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ground: zulian tiger (have to mention the warlock epic mount....awesome)
    Flying: uh. Ashes I guess.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Ground mount would be the Ultramarine Battle Tank, it took me years to finally solve. Flying mount would probably be my Violet challenge mode mount, really nice mix of colours on it. The red one on my paladin is also pretty nice too, but not my first pick.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Ashes of Al'ar. I was so excited, took only 30 kills!

Ashes' drop rate hasn't changed, so it's still pretty rare.
    Even with whatever the drop rate may be, just about anyone can solo it at this point, so there are a lot more of them going around now than say, 3-4 years ago.

OT: Ground = Swift Zulian (although I would find it a hard choice between that and the Vicious Wolf). Flying = Spawn of Galakras since it matches my current xmog, heh.

Deleted
    Ground:
    - Swift Zulian Tiger: the sabers were my favourite mount back in early vanilla, I farmed shitloads of Runeclothes for the Darnassus reputation to get the Swift Stormsaber.. then the tiger came out in ZG.. but then I never got it
    - Raven Lord: i just really love the looks and colours
    Flying:
    - Netherwind Drakes: the first badass drake mounts, awesome quests and looks
    - Green Proto-Drake: i really really love that green!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolzsec View Post
    My teal kodo from classic, because its a teal kodo.
    Nice. I think the ivory raptor is my favorite mount EVER, unfortunately I don't have one and never will.

My personal favorites:
    -Amani Battle Bear; not the War Bear, but close enough, and was earned when it was current content and still rather challenging
    -Onyx Netherwing Drake; because of the looooong process it took to get it. I have all the other ones, too, I just like the onyx one the most
    -Venomhide Ravasaur; same reason, because of the process it took to get it and also because it looks insanely cool with the tribal markings on it
    -Frostwolf Howler; got this back in vanilla after the long grind to get exalted with Frostwolf, which many people did because in the end it was way cheaper than buying a regular 100% mount (back when riding speed was mount-specific)

Ground : Swift Zulian Tiger
    Flying : Ironbound protodrake, netherdrakes, feldrake (in that order, cos i don't have a feldrake yes)