Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Buying a EU license from Blizzard store, will I be able to add it to my US battle.net

Wondering if I bought a EU license from the EU Blizzard store if I'd be able to add it to my main battle.net account that is US.

Mod-note: Thread closed on request of the OP
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-03-10 at 05:35 PM.

Any why would you buy anything on the EU servers if your account is a US account?

Maybe the EU servers fit his schedule better? Ive seen it b4.

or to play with people he knows from to EU

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I figured it out right after making the thread. And it's partly because I want to see what kind of latency I get over there from the US and I have a feeling I may be able to actually find some better raid schedules over there than in the US because I have a very weird schedule.

I'm only getting max of ~100ms latency on EU servers (only tested The Maelstrom currently).

Previously EU and US had separate keys, but ever since battle.net was introduced I'm not sure. Either way: if you try to add it to your US account you will get an US wow account. You need EU account to be able to play on european servers, regardless of what kind of key you get.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Incorrect, just added a EU starter edition on my US battle.net. Logs me into the EU servers when selecting the EU account from the desktop client =).

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Wondering if I bought a EU license from the EU Blizzard store if I'd be able to add it to my main battle.net account that is US.
    The barttle.net account itself is not region bound, so I see no problem with having both EU and US accounts on same BN.

When I go to US forums with my EU account, I can login in, and my name is displayed.. I can't post, because I don't have an US account, but the fact that US recognise my account, must mean something

However, you might want to ask a Blizzard employee for a 100% reply..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2014-03-10 at 06:22 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Yes, you will be able to have both us and eu licenses on your account.