Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Dread raven mount is actually pretty shit in quality. Mount up on the original raven mount and compare. The old mount has a higher polygon count and good textures, the CE one has 'grey faded' textures and no where as much detail, especially around the head.

The Hearthsteed actually looks really good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Blizzard ripping people off since..... (for a while).

You pay for a product you won't get for 6-9 months, seriously Blizzard is one of the greediest companies I can think of.

I WILL get WoD and I will probably pre-order but you'd have to be pretty stupid to do it right now, basically you are lending Blizzard money.
    Pre-order is pretty much what you said an oath of faith and while I agree with most pre-orders being nonsensical; but honestly you know WoW you probably played for years, you know what to expect. People crying about the game are burned out and delusional regarding their expectations when they know how the game is going to unfold.. But either way you know what you get.

So in this case pre-ordering makes sense. Is it 3 months or 6 before the actual wont make any difference if you still enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Not sure what your point is, mine was that WHY would you pay now when you don't even know when you get your product, if you somehow feel Blizzard are awesome and deserve it sure go ahead but to me it makes no sense to sponsor a greedy company so they can earn interest on my money.
    Why let them hold on to my money for 7-8 months, interest-free? I can unsub now, wait until there's an official release date, decide if I really want to come back, give them my money then and get exactly the same product everybody else is pre-ordering now.

There might be a life-changing event. I might find a different game I want to play more. I might decide I'm finished with playing WoW all together. 7-8 months is a long time. There's no benefit to my ordering now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Learn a little bit about economics and how $15 is worth so little, (its literally half the price of a fucking footlong sub, holy shit) *SNIP*
    Where on the planet do you live where a foot long sub costs thirty effing dollars?

EDIT: I just saw your response to someone asking a similar question. Still though, where does a foot long sub even cost fifteen effing dollars? I've heard Australia is more expensive, are sandwiches the cost of a month of WoW in Australia?
    Last edited by thewallofsleep; 2014-03-12 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    If I have cata acc, and I'll buy WoD preorder it will upgrade my acc to cata->mop-> WoD ?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by randprin View Post
    December 20th is the only factual date given, therefore people go by it when posting. the game may release before that (or even after, see that "Expect" before giving any other information) but right now that's the only date given and everything else is idle speculation.
    if you plan to buy or do anything, you usually plan your budget and/or time based on definitive dates. not some mysterious date before or after.
    It is just I try not to go off half cocked like some of the posters here have over a somewhat vague date given by Blizz to cover their backsides from the torch and pitchfork crowd..

Which is why I am waiting I am not going to pre order it.. I think the only time I did anything like that was the annual pass so I could get D3 (which I have not played since.) lol
    And well I am only planning on buying the standard version don't really see the point of all the bells and whistles that comes with the CE version.. The standard version has all I want and the 90 boost is just icing on the cake..

In the end it's wait and see one the final date..

10+ Year Old Account
    If you powerlevel to 60 first with lvl 1 primary professions, do they still get bumped to 600? Has anyone tried this?

Deleted
    i want to ask if i buy now the Digital Deluxe Edition i get: NOW 90 lvl boost , flying mount and pet or i get only the boost now and the mount and pet when they release the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by lebil View Post
    i want to ask if i buy now the Digital Deluxe Edition i get: NOW 90 lvl boost , flying mount and pet or i get only the boost now and the mount and pet when they release the expansion?
    Pet and mount are in-game already.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I managed to get through seven pages before I had to stop. Does anyone know why (i.e.: a concrete source) the prices have been upped?
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Exactly this.

If enough people unsub, at least until WoD, then Blizzard will get the picture that they can't pull this kind of crap.
    blizzard knows the game is massive in popularity and will continue to do what they want. If they really did something people hated they would change their minds. people are all talk and what blizzard is doing is nothing. people need to quit nerdraging its fucking pathetic. social media makes everyone hardcore now..........

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Be smart, and be wise consumers. If you truly feel like the game isn't worth $50 + $15 per month, then don't partake in it. Blizzard will hear of it. If not, then enjoy the game.
    Heh. For them to be raising prices, I guess Blizzard hasn't been listening for several years then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Menphis View Post
    I don't think $50 is expensive at all, even the deluxe edition costing $70 is decent if you consider other games on the market.
    Console games are around $60 to $70 and considering the experience a WoW expansion would provide, its worth it, even with the $15 per month sub.
    But $60 for a level boost? hmm...
    People should really stop bringing up the cost of console games.

Included in the price of console games are the costs of:

1) physical production of the product (including all boxes and manuals)
    2) distribution and shipping (including costs of warehousing)
    3) profit margins for the companies involved in all of the above steps AND the retailer
    4) game licensing fee paid to the console maker (Sony, Microsoft)

Blizzard's digital downloads cut all of that out of the equation. Blizzard keeps the ENTIRE cut AND they charge MORE.

Pulling console games into this context just makes things look worse.
    Last edited by Cows For Life; 2014-03-13 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaverdian View Post
    God damn it I was just fucking joking around when I said November would be the earliest they would launch WoD. I didn't actually think they'd go as far as December.
    EVERY expansion has come out around winter time. This should be a surprise to no one.

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    You people need to learn to read:

"Warlords of Draenor is expected to be released on or BEFORE December 20, 2014"
    "Warlords of Draenor is expected to be released ON OR BEFORE December 20, 2014"

We can read. Can you?

Quote Originally Posted by chipwood View Post
    "Warlords of Draenor is expected to be released ON OR BEFORE December 20, 2014"

We can read. Can you?
    Like on December 19th???
    Mind blown.

Deleted
    I have a simple question, i already have 1 of each class at 90 max everything so this instant boost to 90 thing u get with WOD does it stay on ur account forever is there a time limit on when u can use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peac3y View Post
    I have a simple question, i already have 1 of each class at 90 max everything so this instant boost to 90 thing u get with WOD does it stay on ur account forever is there a time limit on when u can use it?
    I think they said it will stay forever in blizzcon but dont quote me on it, they change their minds all the time.

Deleted
    Ok thanks for the reply is the character allowence per relm staying at 11?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Heh. For them to be raising prices, I guess Blizzard hasn't been listening for several years then.

- - - Updated - - -

People should really stop bringing up the cost of console games.

Included in the price of console games are the costs of:

1) physical production of the product (including all boxes and manuals)
    2) distribution and shipping (including costs of warehousing)
    3) profit margins for the companies involved in all of the above steps AND the retailer
    4) game licensing fee paid to the console maker (Sony, Microsoft)

Blizzard's digital downloads cut all of that out of the equation. Blizzard keeps the ENTIRE cut AND they charge MORE.
    The last of us, made by a Sony company and produced by sony, sold on Sony's psn is £39.99 (more expensive than anywhere else. Fable, developed by a microsoft developer, produced by microsoft, sold on microsofts marketplace is £19.99 (more expensive than anywhere else).

You're deluded if you think that console gaming is any different. Blizzard sells physical copies and it sells to companies like Amazon, they have all 4 of those costs involved as well as the maintanence of servers and constant development costs. Sony/MS will take a game that is already completely developed, requires little to no maintancence and sell it at full price, pulling console games in to this context just makes things look worse for consoles not Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    The last of us, made by a Sony company and produced by sony, sold on Sony's psn is £39.99 (more expensive than anywhere else. Fable, developed by a microsoft developer, produced by microsoft, sold on microsofts marketplace is £19.99 (more expensive than anywhere else).

You're deluded if you think that console gaming is any different. Blizzard sells physical copies and it sells to companies like Amazon, they have all 4 of those costs involved as well as the maintanence of servers and constant development costs. Sony/MS will take a game that is already completely developed, requires little to no maintancence and sell it at full price, pulling console games in to this context just makes things look worse for consoles not Blizzard.
    Simply put, you're wrong.

The maintenance of servers and "constant" development costs are part of the operating costs which sub fees more than pay for with lots of profit to spare. The digital download "infrastructure" if you want to call it that is just the patching infrastructure by another name and even large portions of that cost has been pushed to customers via BT.

As for Sony and MS and their ways, I don't know how much of an outlier those two examples are but it is well known that those companies are afraid of stepping on the toes of retailers, at least for now. One only needs to look at how PSP downloads cost more than the physical game. Plus those prices are still cheaper than Blizzard.

Compare the typical console game on a store shelf with this purely digital Blizzard product in an honest comparison.
    Last edited by Cows For Life; 2014-03-13 at 08:09 PM.