Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Expected to be fall. It could be later.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Vanilla lasted 2 years and 2 months. Mists has been just under a year and a half now.

Remember, December 20th is not the release date. That is the last day of fall, so it's the placeholder date for a fall release until they solidify the release date.
    Like has been said, the shortest end of the window leaves PVE content in a patch for more than a year.

Both Icecrown Citadel & Dragon Soul had a cycle greater then 12 Months, so it's hardly shocking, although it is frustrating.

I would've hoped that Siege of Orgrimmar wouldn't share their fate, but I'm not going to throw a fit about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Both Icecrown Citadel & Dragon Soul had a cycle greater then 12 Months, so it's hardly shocking, although it is frustrating.

I would've hoped that Siege of Orgrimmar wouldn't share their fate, but I'm not going to throw a fit about it.
    We were told it wouldn't.

Just another reason not to listen to a fucking thing Blizzard says.

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    Like has been said, the shortest end of the window leaves PVE content in a patch for more than a year.
    This is true, and I'm not denying it. But "MoP has lasted longer than Vanilla" is false.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    We were told it wouldn't.
    When, Where, and by Whom?

I don't recall them ever saying; "We guarantee that Siege of Orgrimmar isn't going to be longer then 12 months!"

When, Where, and by Whom?

I don't recall them ever saying; "We guarantee that Siege of Orgrimmar isn't going to be longer then 12 months!"
    People latch onto comments made during interviews and they become gospel via regurgitation by the community.

Raiding is pointless and a pain to find competent players who don't flake out.

Rated BG's are fun but a pain to find competent players who don't flake out.

Challenge mode is boring as hell...

My friend and I area almost done gearing up in the new S15 PvP gear...

World PvP doesn't exist because somehow so many people that don't want to PvP managed to roll on a pvp realm.

Battlegrounds are pathetic on the alliance side. Its not fun going 1 win and 14 loses in six hours.

WoW pokemon was fun but has been completed.

Once my friend and I are finished gearing up in S15 PvP gear there's going to be very little to do. We can do AFK LFR FREE LOOTS to get a decent PvE set for WoD but that's about it.

Hard to find anything that can keep my friend and I going for the next two months, let alone a year. If they were smart they will release WoD during the summer. If they don't a lot of people are going to forget about the game.

WoW never got back the amount that left during Cata with MoP. Another mass subscriber loss will happen during this gap. WoD will give a slight boost just like MoP did, but no where near the amount of players that left.

I see WoW hovering with about 5 - 6 millsion subs in WoD.
    Last edited by muffinss; 2014-03-13 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    People latch onto comments made during interviews and they become gospel via regurgitation by the community.
    Exactly my point - Developers can't even make a small personal comment these days without it being taken as factual. These developers take time from their extremely busy schedule to tell us about the development, their thinking, their plans, their ideas and we repay them by getting angry with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muffinss View Post
    Raiding is pointless and a pain to find competent players who don't flake out.
    Opinion

Rated BG's are fun but a pain to find competent players who don't flake out.
    Opinion

Challenge mode is boring as hell...
    Opinion

My friend and I area almost done gearing up in the new S15 PvP gear...
    And? PvP never was a giant gear grind

World PvP doesn't exist because somehow so many people that don't want to PvP managed to roll on a pvp realm.
    World PvP hasn't existed for many, many years now.

Battlegrounds are pathetic on the alliance side. Its not fun going 1 win and 14 loses in six hours.
    Battleground imbalance is exaggerated.

WoW pokemon was fun but has been completed.
    Opinion

Once my friend and I are finished gearing up in S15 PvP gear there's going to be very little to do. We can do AFK LFR FREE LOOTS to get a decent PvE set for WoD but that's about it.
    Or you could do PvP with your new PvP gear?

Hard to find anything that can keep my friend and I going for the next two months, let alone a year. If they were smart they will release WoD during the summer. If they don't a lot of people are going to forget about the game.
    I think Blizzard is a lot smarter then you when it comes to the ideal release schedule for their game.

WoW never got back the amount that left during Cata with MoP. Another mass subscriber loss will happen during this gap. WoD will give a slight boost just like MoP did, but no where near the amount of players that left.
    Opinion

And what evidence do you have to suggest this might occur, what patterns and trends have you analysied to determine this, because no doubt if you can make such a prediction, Blizzard would be very interested in hiring you!

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly my point - Developers can't even make a small personal comment these days without it being taken as factual. These developers take time from their extremely busy schedule to tell us about the development, their thinking, their plans, their ideas and we repay them by getting angry with them.
    Its a bit hard not to point the finger at them when expansion after expansion they say the exact same thing. They said the final tier was to long during WotLK and didnt want to repeat it for Cataclysm. They made the most boring raid of all time - Dragon Soul and then made it last a year. They lost millions of subs and then said once again, we are aiming to have a much shorter final tier.

Ohhh I heard you wanted to raid SoO for AT MINIMUM 12 months.

I accept that timelines are a precarious thing and Blizzard is reknown for its done when its done. But if you cant deliver on a shorter end tier then stop saying youre going to aim for it.

They are already below that. Saying they have 4 million is being generous at this point. That is why there is no way in hell they can wait till 20/12 to get WoD out. They will be slitting their own throats if they leave it that long. They should have been alot less conservative with that estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Its a bit hard not to point the finger at them when expansion after expansion they say the exact same thing. They said the final tier was to long during WotLK and didnt want to repeat it for Cataclysm. They made the most boring raid of all time - Dragon Soul and then made it last a year. They lost millions of subs and then said once again, we are aiming to have a much shorter final tier.

I accept that timelines are a precarious thing and Blizzard is reknown for its done when its done. But if you cant deliver on a shorter end tier then stop saying youre going to aim for it.
    Do they really keep saying it? Or do people keep implying it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    And so many people 'believed' them, in spite of reality slapping them in the face repeatedly.

When people stop mindlessly believing everything that Blizzard says and starts acting like real customers who demand something more than the barest minimum of effort, 'maybe' this game will stop being a pile of shit.
    We should stop thinking for ourselves and instead listen solely to the individuals who believe they have been wronged by Blizzard. For example, you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post

Something obviously changed between Blizzcon and present but I'm sure we'll never know. Blizzard has been delivering patch content faster in MOP compared to the past but they can't seem to get out of this 1 year expansion cycle. Maybe they will surprise us and require a shorter beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    The problem is the spoilt "Give me everything" playerbase, Like Cata, so many idiots said that Cata had little content, because they were too stubborn to acknowledge the revamp of the 1-60 zones, and with WoD they are doing new character models, and the squish, aswell as a new continent, and garrisons, So there is a ton to do, especially the squish.
    I hate the new female dwarf's look and really don't want the squish to happen, so the garrisons would be the only selling point so far for me - especially since they're saying that they might not let us fly at all in WoD. So unless raiding is fantastic, they will be losing yet another player who hasn't missed a month since TBC dropped. If I'm spoiled for wanting more than just garrisons, so be it. Other expansions had new classes and/or races in addition to new continents and/or zones, so only changing character models isn't the same. I agree with lunchbox2042 that so far, the new expansion sounds like a letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    How do you get that? They were at 7.8 just months ago even being spiteful it's unrealistic to believe that they're below 6.5 million subs right now.
    I was referring to actual subscribers. As we know around half of them are from the East and they do not pay a subscription fee.