Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    Obviously don't read your lore at all.... Not only did the Alliance refuse to assist them when Lordaeron was sacked and 90% of the population wiped out. When the Blood Elves begged for assistance when the Amani Trolls attacked them, the Human General refused to send assistance. The only group the offered assistance to help the already destroyed race was the Naga. Which then the same General threw Kael'thas and the population into prison. Who then the Naga came back to help the Blood Elves escape from Dalaran prisons.

Blood elves didn't betray anyone and were just betrayed by the Alliance for simply trying to survive.
    That's exactly the point of view of the Horde/Blood elves, however we, the Alliance, have our own point of view of these events...

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Blue Bear View Post
    Why?
    I would've thought that "half-assed, shambling, Skeksis ripoffs lurching their way through Stormwind's streets" to be rather self explanatory. I'm not saying "don't give us Arakkoa, because I would rather have High Elves". I'm saying "don't give us Arakkoa", full stop.

If we have to get a new race so that Horde can get their Ogres, for balance issues or any other reason, anything would be preferential to Arakkoa. I'd take gnolls, for god's sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    I would've thought that "half-assed, shambling, Skeksis ripoffs lurching their way through Stormwind's streets" to be rather self explanatory. I'm not saying "don't give us Arakkoa, because I would rather have High Elves". I'm saying "don't give us Arakkoa", full stop.

If we have to get a new race so that Horde can get their Ogres, for balance issues or any other reason, anything would be preferential to Arakkoa. I'd take gnolls, for god's sake.
    Why Gnolls? They're just like Worgen. If anything I don't want yet another furred race on the Alliance since we just got Worgen AND Pandaren. Feathers or scales would be nice to see. Plus they seem to have a long time rivalry with the ogres form Draenor- kind of like how Trolls and Nelves hate one another, Orcs and Humans, and so on. It just seems to fit Lorewise and would be sexy gameplay wise. If you didn't like it, don't play one? But I don't see Gnolls being more friendly towards us anymore than the Arakkoa.

By the way, Arakkoa aren't "Skekiss ripoffs". They are an combination of different fantasy bird races mixed together. Skekiss, Aarakocra (D&D 1e), Kenkus (Japanese folklore and tabletop games), Kig-yar (Halo's Jackals) and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    That's exactly the point of view of the Horde/Blood elves, however we, the Alliance, have our own point of view of these events...
    You can put whatever IC spin on it you want, doesn't change the facts about what Garithos did.

Granted it's not fair to blame the Alliance for not helping when Quel'thelas was invaded because they'd just gotten their own teeth kicked in by the Scourge, and Terenas had been killed and Lordaeron in chaos, but that doesn't excuse Garithos. That combined with alliance spying and sabotage in Quel'thelas in BC and the purge of dalaran there's plenty of lore reason for the elves to not like the alliance.

I'd love high elves too. Lore wise they're my # 1 pick for a new alliance race and the one I'd love to see, instead of another curveball race like draenei/worgen were, but it's just not going to happen. Sure, they could make the HE models distinct from BE to an extent but they're the same base race beyond skin tone and eye color and there's only so much wiggle room there, and blizzard would just be giving the Alliance a tuned up horde race.

That's why it won't happen, to blizz gameplay > lore and so because a nearly identical race is already on the horde they're not going to cave to our vocal minority and give us high elves for the alliance. Sure, the population argument is bogus considering a handful of Pandaren in a hot air balloon was considered enough to populate a player race and they've then proceded to fuck all with the huojin and tushui beyond some token npcs on the timeless isle. (The Pandaria Pandaren and the pandaren still on the turtle aren't part of either faction and are thus irrelevant) but a high elf model is only going to be an updated pale blood elf model even if they take the specifics in a different angle like making them a bit more masculine or something. It wouldn't be an exciting addition for 95% of the alliance playerbase and would cause an outcry, a justified one, from the horde at their most played race being spruced up and given to the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    Arakkoa are the trolls of this expansion.
    Who were the trolls in Vanilla? Trolls

Who were the trolls in Burning Crusade? Trolls

Who were the trolls in The Lich King? Trolls

Who were the trolls in Cataclysm? Trolls

Who were the trolls in Mist of Pandaria? TROLLS!

at least we changed XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Why do i have the feeling that you're roleplaying in the forums? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post

at least we changed XD

- - - Updated - - -

Why do i have the feeling that you're roleplaying in the forums? O.o
    He does a weird mix of ooc discussion and actual role play, it's like he actually believes some IC alliance propaganda he read in real life and thinks it's all real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post

at least we changed XD
    Well they could be taking a break for now, and be up again next expansion.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Well they could be taking a break for now, and be up again next expansion.
    That's what YOU THINK! we will fight DEMONS TROLLS AND SPACE TROLLS! TROLLS! TROLLS!!! *Goes into a corner whispering to himself* "trolls"

Here a present for all of you!