Poll: Is the level 90 boost pay to win?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by silvercentric View Post
    You pay a subscription fee for an MMO to access all the content. The subscription fee is necessary because there are costs in running the servers and developing content that everyone can access.

- - - Updated - - -

Buying cosmetic items is pay to win. Plain and simple.

In an MMO everyone is playing together. Players earn things by putting in the effort in-game. Just because something doesn't effect combat doesn't mean it's not pay to win.
    LOL ok. Tell me how exactly does it affect gameplay when it is cosmetic? Tell me how much more dps it causes the person to do. Also please include WoL, meters and anything else that may prove your logic correct and shows how this person is winning. Thanks in advanced.
    -Your Pal,
    Zechs
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Deleted
    WoW is an MMO, you play it with other players. How everyone acquires things is your business because it effects you too.
    How'd you even know if someone bought a level 90, and didn't level it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    LOL ok. Tell me how exactly does it affect gameplay when it is cosmetic? Tell me how much more dps it causes the person to do. Also please include WoL, meters and anything else that may prove your logic correct and shows how this person is winning. Thanks in advanced.
    -Your Pal,
    Zechs
    See my post directly above yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    The same way you wouldn't know if someone bought gold, but it's still bannable. (For now, until crafted items are gone and gold is purchasable).

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Well, I can check their achievements page, but that's not the point.

The point is that that player acquired all of that experience via out-of-game means.

10+ Year Old Account
    how many times does a question need to be asked in the forums..... Troll troll is trolling trolls...

Mods should not let this happen IMHO

15+ Year Old Account
    IDK, but it sure kills the chinese market a bit.

now all they need to do is put in more microtransactions for gold...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    The same way you wouldn't know if someone bought gold, but it's still bannable. (For now, until crafted items are gone and gold is purchasable).
    Gold can have an actual affect on the game, destabilizing economy etc.. One more level 90 can do what?

You guys do realize they are selling gold right? Cost of all the flight training excluding master, 4 - 22 slot bags(which is really gonna hurt tailors that make gold with those), starter gear and the 150g, about 10k gold to be exact and anywhere from 20-30k gold if you level to 60 first and let them boost your professions for you as well.

I guess it would be pay to win if it was like the commercial and you got an instant Garrosh kill lol, not that it was meant to be taken literally, great ad they made. I do think that the boost didn't justify a $10 expansion price increase but that's another issue altogether.

I absolutely think buying a max level character is pay to win. Obviously others do not. Out of the many thread this is been discussed one thing has been made clear. People will never agree with each other.

Deleted
    Well, I can check their achievements page, but that's not the point.

The point is that that player acquired all of that experience via out-of-game means.
    True, and that is where a lot of people differ in opinion. I welcome it simply because I might have bought one, if not for a rather high price, because I don't have the time or interest to spend that many hours with boring content.

Used my insta-90 and first thing I did was go into a battleground. I should be able to win, right? I'm level 90!

Wrong. Destroyed for 10 minutes straight. No win.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Some people are gullible enough to believe $60 isn't a lot of money
    For the amount of time it saves grinding quests you've done over and over and over?

Unless it takes me less than 6 hours to level a toon from 1-90 it's already worth it (min wage $10.50). The game doesnt start till level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    Used my insta-90 and first thing I did was go into a battleground. I should be able to win, right? I'm level 90!

Go and fight anyone who did not buy one. You will win then. Buying a higher level in a level driven game is the very definition of buying power.

Just got killed by Cinderfall and Bufo on the Timeless Isle. Still not winning with my insta-90. When do I start winning?
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

It is pay to get ripped off.
    Takes around 4-5 days at a moderate pace to hit 90, depending on how familiar you are with the most optimal routes and if you find rare mobs

10+ Year Old Account
    If your idea of "Winning" the game is being dumped on Timeless Isle with 484 greens, then have at it.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post

Not having to spend the time in game leveling that boosted char is p2win whether you like it or not, and all that gold they saved you with the boosted features, whether you believe the leveling part or not is without question an in game advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Go and fight anyone who did not buy one. You will win then. Buying a higher level in a level driven game is the very definition of buying power.
    There was a guy who used a bloody coin and I tried to fight him and lost. I think I need gear on this character before I can start winning. This pay-to-win stuff is harder than I thought. Can I buy gear? I want to win.