Page 3 of 417 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    It's more of a supply and demand thing. He doesn't have many potential destinations left. Buffalo (who he's basically said he hates), Philly (who don't "need" him, but would like him) and the Saints (who cannot afford him)

- - - Updated - - -

As an Eagles fan, out of the 6 or so big name safeties available this offseason, they signed my 10th choice. Holy fuck did I not want Malcolm Jenkins. The only reason he was considered was because Patrick Chung set the bar so god damn low.

For reference, Byrd was my 1st, Whitner 2nd and Mitchell 426th.
    He has to be on the Bears list. If we cut Peppers we have a lot of extra money and safety is a HUGE need for the team. Maybe his asking price is too high? Even with the Mundy signing another safety esp one as good as him would help

Byrd to Saints on 6 year deal.

How. That isn't even a question, it's a statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    49ers managed to pick somebody up that throws for even fewer yards than Kaepernick

and Saints going after Byrd, wow that's gonna take some cap wizardry, but if they send Sproles off they'll free up more space

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints get Byrd and Bucs get Alterraun Verner if I saw it correctly. That means it's Talib and Revis left at CB.

Broncos sign TJ Ward. Seems like a better and more disciplined Duke Ihenacho, so I guess that's okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gerhart to the Jags, I like it, he's done well when given a chance to play, so they draft somebody with speed in the draft to work in tandem and they say goodbye to MJD it looks like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aqib Talib is heading to Denver... 6-years $57M, 26M guaranteed.

Fuck.

Oh shit. Denver isn't screwing around with their secondary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go for Revis and Ware. Yolo that cap.

That deal though. Good damn, he'd better stay healthy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Saints are truly trying to push for better defensive, even if the offensive suffers a little. I think it is a good thing, with seeing what Seattle did if they do it right they should get some good results.

Sad to see players go that I have got used to watching.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I am kinda interested what comes out of the factory of sadness this season. Not saying they will win the SB or anything of the sort but depending on what shakes out at the QB and if they land Revis they may at least put out some smiles rather than paper bags cuz they do have some talent there.

So far Liking how things are going for the Hawks. Even if they lose Tate it wouldn't be a surprise if they found a way to sign both Finley and maybe Allen for less than thought they could be had. Haven't lost any impact players and this years daft is deep with WR to fill that slot if Tate leaves.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

Fuck.
    My morning is off to a GREAT start. -_-

With that deal though, that's insane. No way Patriots were ever going to be close to that.

So, now we have a major hole at CB, and only Revis should be on the market as a top corner, the rest is mediocre or has SERIOUS risks involved. I don't really want Revis, tbh. I don't think he fits what NE does (Revis is meant to just be put out there and take away half the field. NE switches coverages and responsibilities all the time), and he is just such an ass when it comes to money that we'd never be able to keep him happy anyway. Besides, he'll probably want a richer deal then Talib even, and there's no way the Patriots are going to shell out that kind of money.

As a last thought on this Talib thing. The Broncos have been really putting things together to get on my shit list. First they sign Manning, who I respect, but have seen against the Patriots enough to dislike (Also, Brady vs Manning), then last year you nab Welker from us, and then this year you nab Talib. So, gratz to the Broncos, you are now only the third team I actually dislike (behind the Giants and Jets) and actively wish we beat for reasons other then simply hoping the Patriots win. Broncos will visit Foxborough this season, so I'm hoping we can give them a warm Patriots welcome and make them have a meltdown again. >:[

gonna go ahead and set the over/under for Romo's game ending interceptions to 2.5

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

Fuck.
    I heard he just got an endorsement from a new pain relief treatment called "Ice Up Son"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    As a last thought on this Talib thing. The Broncos have been really putting things together to get on my shit list.
    welcome to the hatewagon! of course I hate the patriots too, but we should overlook that for now and focus on our mutual dislike for the broncos

and yea, New England has a reputation for letting FAs get away that they should've been able to keep, but not this time, the smart move is to not guarantee that much money to somebody with Talib's injury/discipline history, so that Denver contract was gonna snare him no matter what

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope DeMarcus Ware doesn't go with the Broncos. Even if we just get him and Jermichael Finely I'll be happy.

xskarma, let's not forget our new safety, TJ "De-Gronkinator" Ward, aka Dude Who Won Us the AFC Championship.

But on the real though, you put any player in a meeting with John Elway and they seem to sign with Denver. Does he threaten their families or something?

Also, yes please on DeMarcus Ware. Von Miller, Derek Wolfe, and Demarcus Ware....Count Von WareWolfe! Make it happen.

Oh, and regarding the Talib contract - it's not that bad, actually. Sam Sheilds set the market for ~10k per year, so that's on par with every other major CB signing. Rumor has it DRC wanted more money, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    welcome to the hatewagon! of course I hate the patriots too, but we should overlook that for now and focus on our mutual dislike for the broncos
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend! (even if he's actually also my enemy, Broncos are the bigger threat at the moment)

Tbh, This has all gone so quickly. I used to like Denver, when they had McDaniels and Tebow and when we beat them in the playoffs in the year before they got Manning. They were a cool scrappy team. What a monster they have become. (I'm mostly like a little kid who's toys got taken away at this point though. MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE)

Sitting and waiting for the Patriots to pick up someone else's garbage at CB and then draft someone first round to *really* replace Talib. There's no way Belichick leaves the secondary as it is now. Just praying it's not too bad of a free agent. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend! (even if he's actually also my enemy, Broncos are the bigger threat at the moment)

Tbh, This has all gone so quickly. I used to like Denver, when they had McDaniels and Tebow and when we beat them in the playoffs in the year before they got Manning. They were a cool scrappy team. What a monster they have become. (I'm mostly like a little kid who's toys got taken away at this point though. MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE)

Sitting and waiting for the Patriots to pick up someone else's garbage at CB and then draft someone first round to *really* replace Talib. There's no way Belichick leaves the secondary as it is now. Just praying it's not too bad of a free agent. >.<
    Is revis still up for grabs? That would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Is revis still up for grabs? That would be nice.
    Not released by the Bucs yet. Still IF they do (very likely) do you think Revis would want to play in NE where he'll be used in all kinds of schematic ways and cover their best recieving threat and go wherever he lines up and not just be tasked to take out the opposing teams best WR on the outside (unlikely when there's teams that will let him do just what he wants) OR that the Patriots would make him an offer he'd accept seeing how they let Talib walk for 10M a year and Revis has always wanted top dollar (extremely unlikely).

All in all I just don't see enough in this to make it seem like a good fit. I'm thinking we will get the walking corpse of either of the Cromarties on the market on a 1-2 year deal with a lot of incentives. That's more the Belichick style of signing people. I'm also pretty much 100% certain we will draft a CB in the first round in the Draft.