Deleted

Question Use the boost on a lvl 1 or level it to 60 first?

With the news that the boost boosts two professions to 600 if the character is level 60, I'm now wondering, is it a better idea not to use it on a lvl 1/new character and instead put up with levelling it to 60 so you can get the double maxed out professions?

I can't say that I know how long it takes to get to 60 these days with full heirlooms, but would that be quicker than levelling two professions (say, enchanting and engineering) to 600?

I'm really thorn now and would appreciate advice

Depends on if you are planning on playing it at 90 or just using it for the professions. If it's the former then I'd suggest boosting from 1. If it's the latter then start a DK and boost it at 60 for free 600 profs.

Deleted
    Depends how much you care about your gold I guess. Also depends on the professions you want. Generally I'd say leveling to 60 is faster than getting 2 professions to 600, without using AH from 1-600.

I'm definitely using my boost on a 60.

I'd level to 60 since you can do that in a few days tops. Profession leveling takes far longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowolfeu View Post
    With the news that the boost boosts two professions to 600 if the character is level 60, I'm now wondering, is it a better idea not to use it on a lvl 1/new character and instead put up with levelling it to 60 so you can get the double maxed out professions?

I can't say that I know how long it takes to get to 60 these days with full heirlooms, but would that be quicker than levelling two professions (say, enchanting and engineering) to 600?

I'm really thorn now and would appreciate advice
    It is considerably less effort to level to 60, than it is to level professions to 600. Use it on a level 61.

Level it to 60. Its 70+ where leveling becomes a slow grind. 1-60 could be done in a day if you really wanted too. Free 600 profs is hard to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by Staerk View Post
    Depends how much you care about your gold I guess. Also depends on the professions you want. Generally I'd say leveling to 60 is faster than getting 2 professions to 600, without using AH from 1-600.

I'm definitely using my boost on a 60.
    QFT

Also, depending on the professions you might not want to level them yourself...

I personally dislike farming resource nodes in areas hat I don't otherwise need to be in, and... Last time I did anything regarding cobalt or fel iron it really sucked.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I feel that if you get your character to level 60 prior to using the boost, it should cost less. Blizzard has come out and said that the reason it is so expensive is because it does take a big portion of leveling away, and that time invested in leveling is a factor. If a player got the character to 60 first though, they've played through more than half the game prior to using a boost, and only attain 30 levels rather than a full 90. Why should it cost the same amount? That's just silly.

Back on Topic: I guess it really just depends on whether or not you feel like leveling through Azeroth one more time. I personally have one of every class past that level, so I will more than likely just bring my warlock up to speed with it.
    Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

--Auron, Final Fantasy X

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd skip right to 90. 60-max level is my favorite leveling content.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to level to 60. Either it saves time as leveling to 60 is faster than leveling professions outside of the AH or I save gold as leveling profs with the AH is expensive. Either way it makes sense to level to 60 in my mind.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd level it to 60 first, 1-60 doesn't take that much time with heirlooms anyways. And the profession boost is too good to pass IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest buying a boost to get a level 1 to 90, then have him learn professions, and boost it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    that is what i wanted to do with my druid (only class unter lvl 85).

i lvled to 15 and cued all 3 roles for fast dungeon lvling ... 60 min wait time. it seems everyone just boost their twinks ... i have not seen a single other low lvl player.

nope i rather invest 30k gold for the professions.
    Last edited by Sharde; 2014-03-12 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I suggest buying a boost to get a level 1 to 90, then have him learn professions, and boost it again.
    I don't think you can boost a 90.

60 first unless you have enough gold to sit there and buy every single material. 1-60 goes by super fast compared to getting most professions to 600 and is far more fun. Plus, playing the character to 60 gives you a good feel for the class and can help let you know wether or not you like it enough to justify it.

I did it at 72 on my monk because northrend leveling is awful. Such dreary zones.