Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Gay couples can't produce kids
    I can't produce kids, nor can my girlfriend. Stop this bullshit.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Old couple?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    The difference between a circle and a square? Ok, circles don't have corners, but squares do; in fact they have four. How that pertains to the difference between a gay and straight couple? I don't know, I was never really trying to make that comparison. I was just using circles and squares to explain the law, not the differences between heterosexuals and homosexuals.
    Then what the hell was the point of the example, when the entire discussion regarding equality under federal law has been about the difference between heterosexual and homosexual?! I swear you lose all knowledge of the argument, and respond to a post with no connection to previous statements....

10+ Year Old Account
    Gay couples can't produce kids
    Show me a law that inhibits people who can't have kids from being married. That's not it... Marriage of people who never have kids is recognized, gay couples with kids from previous relationships is not.

- - - Updated - - -

I responded to it 4 posts up.
    With an excuse why you don't answer? Good one...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Old couple?
    We both got fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    The difference in the law is due to the difference between heterosexual and homosexual. That's the crux of the issue here. So, I will ask again... What is the difference that is so large that the two are separated as a two separate things in law? Just what they do in their bedroom? Weddings are legal... Relationships are legal... Marrying opposite sex is legal... So, what makes a circle into a square when it comes to recognition of gay marriage?
    I don't really think that matters in this discussion, the differences that is. This is about whether or not LGBTs have had equal rights, not about why the law originally prohibited all people of whatever gender orientation from marrying someone of the same gender.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Deleted
    Dude you're the minority, you can't use that argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I don't give a fuck about gays and their movement, but to deny service to someone because he's gay and because of religious reasons, that's pretty fucked up. I would expect these kind of ideas to appear in some Asian shit hole, not in US

PS Fuck religion!
    Similar low IQ bigots used these same tired arguments less than fifty years ago in the US as an attempt to justify denying services to people based on race.

Here we are again. Some people just seem to need to hate.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    Dude you're the minority, you can't use that argument.
    So, minorities are not allowed to speak up for themselves, is that what you are saying?

10+ Year Old Account
    We both got fixed.
    That explains it, Teehee.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Then what the hell was the point of the example, when the entire discussion regarding equality under federal law has been about the difference between heterosexual and homosexual?! I swear you lose all knowledge of the argument, and respond to a post with no connection to previous statements....
    No, that's what everybody else has made it into. Just because everybody else changes the subject and I am still on the original subject doesn't mean that my responses, that have no connection with the off-topic rabbit hole responses of the others, are somehow invalid.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    So, minorities are not allowed to speak up for themselves, is that what you are saying?
    He/she was being sarcastic. Or that's how I took it. :0

10+ Year Old Account
    You compare being gay to having some kind of terminal illness that hurts your reproduction?

I don't really think that matters in this discussion, the differences that is. This is about whether or not LGBTs have had equal rights, not about why the law originally prohibited all people of whatever gender orientation from marrying someone of the same gender.
    They don't have equal rights though, I don't see how this is a debate for you. Thankfully you're not in the courts. Slowly, the courts will erase at least one facet of inequality. My state is actually getting sued and while I'm a little burnt up about our state reps using our tax dollars to fight something that's obviously going to lose, I'm glad it's at least getting done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Show me a law that inhibits people who can't have kids from being married. That's not it... Marriage of people who never have kids is recognized, gay couples with kids from previous relationships is not.

- - - Updated - - -

With an excuse why you don't answer? Good one...
    You asked for example, i gave you one now you ask for more?

No, that's what everybody else has made it into. Just because everybody else changes the subject and I am still on the original subject doesn't mean that my responses, that have no connection with the off-topic rabbit hole responses of the others, are somehow invalid.
    The original subject:

You think your beliefs that trample others are just as valid as beliefs that trample nobody. Go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great! Now explain to me the differences between gay marriage and straight marriage that causes this prohibition to distinguish these circles and squares. Their bedroom is it? Anything else?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    We both got fixed.
    Oh, you made a choice to not make kids? I was told many times on this forum about being gay is not being a choice, and now, you just say that it's the same?

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    They don't have equal rights though, I don't see how this is a debate for you. Thankfully you're not in the courts. Slowly, the courts will erase at least one facet of inequality. My state is actually getting sued and while I'm a little burnt up about our state reps using our tax dollars to fight something that's obviously going to lose, I'm glad it's at least getting done.
    You can't just say "They don't have equal rights!' over and over again and expect it to somehow become truth. Straight people can't marry someone of the same sex, just like homosexual people. Even if you don't accept that, it's a fact, and they are equal rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    You compare being gay to having some kind of terminal illness that hurts your reproduction?
    You clearly do not know enough about human physiology or science to be commenting on this subject.

Take a break, read a book, try to better yourself for a change.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov