Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Blizzard, no please don't do that.

Scenarios are boring as hell. Other than as a single-player device during questlines, they are repetitive, uninspired and their lore-telling value goes down the drain by the desire of groups wanting to clear them as fast as possible. Its hard to be immersed in the story, when an arcane mage tells you to "hurry the f*** up, I want to farm here, not wait on some casual staring at text".

Besides, due to the asinine notion of making scenarios non-role specific, they are also hilariously easy. Its not immersive to kill someone possessed by an old god withing 8 GCDs, just because the Scenario mechanics dictate, that the fight must be solveable by a group of 3 mediocre dps.

Regarding Lorewalkers: I can hardly think of anything that would be so massively out of place in a place like draenor, than a faction of quill wielding historians. What people in their love for the faction (which is understandable, given the massive delusion of accomplishment that faction gave players) tend to forget: In Pandaria, a Land wrapped up all cuddly in peace and harmony and balance and cr**, they fit in (badly, but thats just my opinion). In Draenor, they would not.

I would rather see development resources spent making new 5man dungeons and epic attunement questlines, than wasted on Scenarios.
    Last edited by mmoc486dcfca17; 2014-09-03 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Blizzard, no please don't do that.

Scenarios are boring as hell. Other than as a single-player device during questlines, they are repetitive, uninspired and their lore-telling value goes down the drain by the desire of groups wanting to clear them as fast as possible. Its hard to be immersed in the story, when an arcane mage tells you to "hurry the f*** up, I want to farm here, not wait on some casual staring at text".
    If you had actually read the OPs post you would realise that you're contradicting yourself. -_- He's actually suggesting that scenarios be used to show lore events as they happened to a single player, not as a group gear up/currency collector which it is right now.

Regarding Lorewalkers: I can hardly think of anything that would be so massively out of place in a place like draenor, than a faction of quill wielding historians. What people in their love for the faction (which is understandable, given the massive delusion of accomplishment that faction gave players) tend to forget: In Pandaria, a Land wrapped up all cuddly in peace and harmony and balance and cr**, they fit in (badly, but thats just my opinion). In Draenor, they would not.
    Of course the Lorewalkers wouldn't fit in on Draenor but a similar neutral or perhaps two separate factions (For Draenei, Archivists/Priests and Orcs, Shamans/Elders) would work just as well considering both factions would have lore nuts who have recorded history in one form or another and would be glad to share it with the uninformed... within conflict reason. It's not like retaining the history of the land is something that has only been conceived by the Panderan.