10+ Year Old Account

;-;

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why we're even arguing here? The likelihood of the Fox deal working now that everyone on the planet is trying to prevent it from happening is low. But to humor one small example, Feige is a fucking genius. There are ways of doing standalone movies to introduce mutants, but in terms of the X-men it wouldn't be a slow burn like Avengers dealing with 5+ characters solo before combining.

At the most they would kickoff the introduction of mutants with a Wolverine cameo in one of the Avengers movies. Another Cap movie would have been perfect, since technically they've since revealed that his supersoldier program was Weapon I, but Cap is likely done after the next Avengers. In any case, it's either a standalone cameo followed by a full blown X-Men movie or a one shot with Wolverine directly into X-Men.

That property just does not work as a standalone film series featuring one shots since the character identities are very tied to the group of mutants. You think people are going to pay to watch a solo Cyclops movie? No.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Not sure why we're even arguing here? The likelihood of the Fox deal working now that everyone on the planet is trying to prevent it from happening is low. But to humor one small example, Feige is a fucking genius. There are ways of doing standalone movies to introduce mutants, but in terms of the X-men it wouldn't be a slow burn like Avengers dealing with 5+ characters solo before combining.

At the most they would kickoff the introduction of mutants with a Wolverine cameo in one of the Avengers movies. Another Cap movie would have been perfect, since technically they've since revealed that his supersoldier program was Weapon I, but Cap is likely done after the next Avengers. In any case, it's either a standalone cameo followed by a full blown X-Men movie or a one shot with Wolverine directly into X-Men.

That property just does not work as a standalone film series featuring one shots since the character identities are very tied to the group of mutants. You think people are going to pay to watch a solo Cyclops movie? No.
    id like to see a young evolutions style version of x-men

- - - Updated - - -

except wolverine. wolverine should always be a grumpy old man

- - - Updated - - -

the best x-men

Last edited by Immitis; 2018-06-05 at 10:08 PM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

the best x-men

I remember when that show came out. I saw some of the original cartoon one, but when I saw this I didnt understand the concept of alternative timelines/continuities ( i had a similar reaction from beastwars to the animated/anime styles which went back to the 80s crew) but I liked it. ALso has best rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I remember when that show came out. I saw some of the original cartoon one, but when I saw this I didnt understand the concept of alternative timelines/continuities ( i had a similar reaction from beastwars to the animated/anime styles which went back to the 80s crew) but I liked it. ALso has best rogue.
    Yeah...I was too old to be 'all' into it, but I thought it was decent. Nothing like the original series that rocked when I was a kid, but decent.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...I was too old to be 'all' into it, but I thought it was decent. Nothing like the original series that rocked when I was a kid, but decent.
    It came out in like 1999 right? I was like 8/9 when it first came on and while I now understand the idea of diff continuities, it was super confusing back then. "wait... there not highschoolers..... when did this happen?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    It came out in like 1999 right? I was like 8/9 when it first came on and while I now understand the idea of diff continuities, it was super confusing back then. "wait... there not highschoolers..... when did this happen?"
    I think it was 2000, but yeah close to that time. Definitely was the first cartoon (that I remember) to do weird time or age changes to the traditional canon of superheroes. Comics had been doing it in print, but most cartoons were straightforward.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was 2000, but yeah close to that time. Definitely was the first cartoon (that I remember) to do weird time or age changes to the traditional canon of superheroes. Comics had been doing it in print, but most cartoons were straightforward.
    Yeah like I can remember from an incredibly linear story Batman the animated series until the end of Justice League Unlimited.

possible artwork leak of avengers 4

https://screenrant.com/avengers-4-artwork-thanos/
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    possible artwork leak of avengers 4 https://screenrant.com/avengers-4-artwork-thanos/
    Hmm...

Maybe...

Everyone/everything is blue lol. Color is important for marketing. That shit is fake as fook

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Everyone/everything is blue lol. Color is important for marketing. That shit is fake as fook
    i have seen worse
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Don't forget, it's just concept art. The concept art for IW looked a bit janky too, but that turned out alright.

This artwork probably wasn't meant to be seen by anyone, it's just something for the people working on it to use for a reference.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry...but that looks dope af and I will be seeing it.

Edit: Seeing Spider-Gwen totally sold it. When a new trailer comes out with Spider-Ham, I'm going to pee a little.
    BAD WOLF

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

the best x-men

Nothing beats the 90's series that straight up adapted most of the current and classic stories straight from the comics.

10+ Year Old Account
    That artstyle thoooooo!!!!! looks great

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Nothing beats the 90's series that straight up adapted most of the current and classic stories straight from the comics.
    i love the 90s series but i like evolution because it did something different and i think the x-men work best as younger inexperienced heroes
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

the best x-men

The movies have kind of went the way of the X-Men being children route since the alternate universe reboot of First Class and I have no real issue with that, as long as they don't go the comic route of all New X-Men :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-06-06 at 08:24 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Is this the first time they've shown off the OG Wasp?