Quote Originally Posted by TechSavy View Post
    So I watched Iron Fist Season 2. Am I the only one who was bored for 9h 55m and only the last 5 mins where what I wanted, thats how Iron fist should be?
    I actually thought it was fine and a big improvement over S1 but to each their own. Danny had to grow as a character. This season did a good job of doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    As a Brit I would love a Captain Britain movie, as well as maybe add the rest of the Champions of Europe which would satisfy the diversity crowd :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-09-12 at 12:18 AM.

Christian bale would be interesting but unlikely he wants to go back into the superhero genre

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    As a Brit I would love a Captain Britain movie, as well as maybe add the rest of the Champions of Europe which would satisfy the diversity crowd :P
    As long as they include Soccer Girl! (or whatever her name was) whose powers include being unhittable as long as she dribbles a ball, and Hawkeye levels of accuracy with kicked objects XD.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    As long as they include Soccer Girl! (or whatever her name was) whose powers include being unhittable as long as she dribbles a ball, and Hawkeye levels of accuracy with kicked objects XD.
    Holy shit, is that a real character? I never followed Cap Britain at all, so...

Its a pity Jude Law is Mar-vel as he would of made a cool Captain Britain.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account

New trailer for that Marvel Rising cartoon series came out today if anyone at all is interested.

I think it's fine, not my cup of tea, I think it's safe enough to sit my niece in front of. The art style in places reminds me of that Totally Spies show that came out in the early 2000's

I could nitpick the hell out of this, like the inconsistent animation quality or the fact that Squirrel Girl has gained a few pounds since I last remember her in the comics. But I cannot complain when the 80's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon I grew up with has horrible inconsistencies in the animation :P

So yea, not a cartoon for me and this is most certainly is intended for young girls which is great if you have a young girl in your family like I do lol.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So yea, not a cartoon for me and this is most certainly is intended for young girls which is great if you have a young girl in your family like I do lol.
    Sexist garbage. Having female main characters isn't a trigger for conservatives to get uncomfortable about gender issues. It's aimed at kids, just kids. Doesn't matter what is between their legs.

Anyways, useless sexist drivel aside, I'm actually more interested that Daisy from AoS is voicing her character in this show. To me that suggests same universe as AoS.
    BAD WOLF

Squirrel Girl seems to be shaped just like a squirrel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Holy shit, is that a real character? I never followed Cap Britain at all, so...
    I wish I was kidding XD. Although, to be fair, the only time I EVER remember her showing up was during Age of Ultron, where she kills an Ultron bot by dodging a hail of laser fire (thanks to her dribbling skills) and the kicks a grenade across St Pauls Cathedral into it's mouth and blows it up.

Which, I think we can all agree, is actually pretty fucking rad.

Of course, when she stops to celebrate her kill, she gets shot. which made me laugh, QUITE a bit.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

"Soccer Girl..."
    omg...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Sexist garbage. Having female main characters isn't a trigger for conservatives to get uncomfortable about gender issues. It's aimed at kids, just kids. Doesn't matter what is between their legs.

Anyways, useless sexist drivel aside, I'm actually more interested that Daisy from AoS is voicing her character in this show. To me that suggests same universe as AoS.
    I am sexist for complimenting a show that doesn't appeal to me? I mean seriously I didn't say a single bad thing thing about this show. Or was it the fact I dare call a show thats targeted mainly for girls a show thats looks like it's targeting mainly for young girls? Is sex exclusivity sexist now? I mean I missed the bus on that one.

Would I be sexist to call Rainbow Bright generally a girls show too? Because I am pretty sure it was. What about She'Ra? My sister watched that show when we were kids, I never liked it much myself, even though I did watch it against my will lol

Or recently what about the DC Super Hero girls show (I watch that when I babysit my niece), I guess that it's sexist to say thats generally aimed at girls too... What a world. I guess I'm getting too old for this shit.

The only sexism I see here is you thinking how absurd it is that a show can be appealing to young girls... Because I honestly meant it as a good thing. Great time to be a young women and watch cartoons with all the cartoons they have now mainly aimed at young girls, this show, the new She'ra show coming out... but yea I guess being excited my niece can watch all these awesome shows that can appeal to her is sexist... Oh what a sexist uncle I am for actually caring about my niece and what she watches....
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-09-13 at 02:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    1) Assuming it's targeted at girls because there are females given screen time. Please tell me what else informs this magical Shelockian deduction.
    2) Trying to deflect your sexist assumptions by saying it's sexist that things 'can't be for girls'.

You should be ashamed.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Assuming it's targeted at girls because there are females given screen time. Please tell me what else informs this magical Shelockian deduction.
    2) Trying to deflect your sexist assumptions by saying it's sexist that things 'can't be for girls'.

You should be ashamed.
    Why are you so aggressive. When all I did was actually compliment the show.

I ain't saying it cannot be watched by young boys too, but primary its aimed at young girls the same way Totally Spies and Power Puff Girls was, and I watched those shows too, many boys watched those shows, I am saying it's a great show for young girls because it's a show primary featuring young women in lead roles and young girls can have something to look up to. The same way comics now are introducing comics to a wider market outside of just boys. I fail to see the sexism in something that's completely the opposite of that.

So stop your petty attitude, just because you are unable to take part in real conversation outside of saying "HEZ SEXIST DURR". Use your brain and engage me instead of using petty labels to satisfy your need to feel important, reply to me like an adult and I will reply back, keep talking the way you are and I will ignore you...

If you feel something I said was wrong, you explain to me why, like an adult, and you open up a discussion. Stop throwing around labels, that's not how minds are changed, and I am always willing to change my mind. Thank you and good day.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-09-13 at 12:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    Still waiting for you to list the obvious reasons why this should be labeled as a show 'for girls' which in itself is a sexist view. Why can't everything be for everybody? My point is just that there isn't a clear marketing imperative that this was to be 'for girls' as opposed to 'for YA / Teens' when it comes to merchandising.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting for you to list the obvious reasons why this should be labeled as a show 'for girls' which in itself is a sexist view.
    Well I don't mean it in a sexist way, so sorry you feel that way. But I will try and explain as best I can although I am terrible at trying to write out what I mean. I was just hoping my short sentence in my original post was self explanatory, I guess not. I am so much better at face to face confrontations lol.

When I say it looks like it's aimed more at young girls I try and see it in what young boys would see it as or what I would see it as if I was my very young self. Young boys are very fickle, we see a show that is more aimed for young boys like Transformers, or Thundercats or Ghostbusters or GI Joe and then think this is a boys show. Girls on the other hand are more prone to watch boys stuff and girls stuff, they are more open minded than boys when it comes to TV. Boys wouldn't be dead caught admitting watching Jem or the original My Little Ponies growing up. Although now I can admit that easily.

Disney a few years ago even started to change how they titled their movies because naming something like 'Princess and the Frog' was scaring off young boys from seeing their movies
    Sourse: https://www.quora.com/Why-did-Disney...The-Snow-Queen

I look at this Marvel Rising and think a boy might see that think this is for girls... Yes that sounds sexist but thats nott he intent when you are like 5 - 10 years old.

Thats what I try to mean when I say 'It's aimed at young girls' because young girls will most likely watch it while young boys will be like all 'eww girls shows' because you know boys.

But you are probably right, I may just be speaking as the old man I feel like I am lol. Kids these days probably have a different mind set to what I remember. But as a kid growing up in the early 80's this wasnt the case. Hope that clears it up :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-09-13 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    Ok, fair enough. Much better explanation of what you are thinking. I just think as we've moved past old school cartoon marketing and into the cartoons for everyone generation that it's difficult or undermining to label cartoons. It's definitely ok to want to make a piece of art for a specific audience, which is something between the creator and the people they are trying to reach. It's another thing to take topical narrative, color choices, or genders of characters and assume that equals a binary gender construct and only one is allowed to enjoy.

I think most marketing/tv companies are smarter these days and don't try to limit their marketing to any specific subset of children/teens/adults if they are going for bank.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, fair enough. Much better explanation of what you are thinking. I just think as we've moved past old school cartoon marketing and into the cartoons for everyone generation that it's difficult or undermining to label cartoons. It's definitely ok to want to make a piece of art for a specific audience, which is something between the creator and the people they are trying to reach. It's another thing to take topical narrative, color choices, or genders of characters and assume that equals a binary gender construct and only one is allowed to enjoy.

I think most marketing/tv companies are smarter these days and don't try to limit their marketing to any specific subset of children/teens/adults if they are going for bank.
    Yea I am kinda rubbish at explaining myself :P

Yea I am kinda rubbish at explaining myself :P
    Or some people are just oversensitive and will go on a rant for a page or so about a show clearly marketed towards girls. Thats not saying boys can't enjoy the show as well but the intent is pretty clear.

MLP is a good example. The show is clearly made for young girls but other demographics enjoy the show as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately they aren't, thats why Young Justice failed. It was a popular show but not with the demographic they were banking on. Maybe they've learned though and you are right considering its coming back for another season on a platform that should make them money regardless of whos watching it.

so did anyone post the Captain Marvel teaser yet?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor