Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That's another big mark against this MCU..making everyone human-level. And then having them go against some big bads and outwitting said big bads because they've never ever encountered such creative geniuses as humans /sarcasm.
    In the comics...at least the timeframe I tend to favor, the big bads needed big guns...and super-genius intellects that weren't all named Tony Stark to oppose them.
    Humans weren't at the top of the food/fighting chain here.
    I wish you'd do a better job of stating plainly that you dislike the MCU rather than trying to repeatedly tear it down with "objective" arguments to validate your opinion.

I could always post more images...I mean a guy wearing armor...an armored fist dripping blood after punching a guy through a wall should illustrate nicely the problem mentioned above.

If you could pick just one Marvel title to recommend, what would it be? I'm thinking of picking up some Marvel in my reading but I'm so far out of the loop with their work (last read Marvel in the early 90s) that I wouldn't know what to start.
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Rom was great, but I'm looking for something current

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    If you could pick just one Marvel title to recommend, what would it be? I'm thinking of picking up some Marvel in my reading but I'm so far out of the loop with their work (last read Marvel in the early 90s) that I wouldn't know what to start.
    This really should be a separate discussion - the sheer volume of suggestions and discussion this can inspire would dramatically derail a thread dedicated to the Marvel movie universe.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    This really should be a separate discussion - the sheer volume of suggestions and discussion this can inspire would dramatically derail a thread dedicated to the Marvel movie universe.
    Well, it does say [Movie/TV/Comic] and "A place to talk ALL things Marvel" in the thread title so I assumed the thread was for more than just the movies. If not I'll make a separate thread for the question.

Of the current titles? I like Amazing Spider-man by Nick Spencer. I loved the latest Daredevil run as well!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...source=twitter

Meh? I don't really give a shit about Shang-chi.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

If you could pick just one Marvel title to recommend, what would it be?
    If you want EPIC mythical nonsense: Jason Aaron’s “Thor: God of Thunder” run.
    The first two volumes, collectively known as “The Gorr Saga” are one of the best runs in comic history, IMO. The effects of that arc are still being felt to this very day.

If you want spacefaring fuckery: Donny Cates’ “Thanos Wins/Cosmic Ghostrider” technically, that’s two books. However, the story carries across both books, and they’re both excellent, and still way shorter than the other suggestions... so enjoy!

If you want hilarious, earthbound shenanigans, which will occasionally leave you uglycrying on the toilet: Gerry Duggan’s “Deadpool”.
    I was never a fan of the Merc with a Mouth, I thought he was just a joke character... but a friend pushed me to read Duggan’s run and I’m SO glad he did. Totally changed the way I see the Regeneratin’ Degenerate.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Twenty Four is live! In which I persuade you all to pick up a few of our older albums, that I think deserved better.

https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/24-blog-24

Funny as I been recollecting a lot of early X-Men stories for the late 80's and early 90's. Recently got the TPB of X-Tinction Agenda, Fatal Attractions, and Infenro pt 1 & 2. also I got a reprint of Mutant Genesis #1-7 TPB, the original and infamous Claremont and Lee run all recoloured and enhanced. Very proud of that too

I loved the old 80's - early 90's X-Men. Still my favourite era

Really nothing recent I can recommend, Ed Brubaker's Captain America run from around 2005 - 2009 was awesome.

Marvel right now over the last 10 years has been a bit weak.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-03-15 at 02:13 PM.
    "Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat—that's the key" - Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...source=twitter

Meh? I don't really give a shit about Shang-chi.
    Most people don't. It's a shame Iron Fist was the one to get-ahead in Marvel's attempts to cash-in on the 70's Martial Arts boom. Shang-Chi is a much more interesting character, his original run (The Hands of Shang-Chi: Master of Kung Fu) was awesome. Doug Moench did great mixing Fu Manchu and Sax Rohmer's other pulp characters into a mid 70's spy romp set in a superhero universe.

Yeah... made me laugh, when Iron Fist was announced and everyone was all “Omg, why isn’t he Asian!”

And even if you TOLD them about Shang Chi, they still didn’t care.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Twenty Four is live! In which I persuade you all to pick up a few of our older albums, that I think deserved better.

https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/24-blog-24

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    If you want EPIC mythical nonsense: Jason Aaron’s “Thor: God of Thunder” run.
    The first two volumes, collectively known as “The Gorr Saga” are one of the best runs in comic history, IMO. The effects of that arc are still being felt to this very day.
    I would recommend Jason Aaron’s “Thor: God of Thunder” run as well if you want to branch out from current titles.

Developing story and take this with a pinch of salt because IGN is reporting it But they are saying James Gunn is being reinstated as Director of Guardians 3.
    https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/03/...KBMr6YnaVPnwd0

Better link
    https://deadline.com/2019/03/james-g...k3_FXXsoIXomUI
    Last edited by Pvt Hudson; 2019-03-15 at 06:26 PM.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

So he’s doing suicide squad and guardians 3? I kind of doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Deadline have him doing Gotg3 after hes done Suicide squad 2.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Deadline have him doing Gotg3 after hes done Suicide squad 2.
    I’m stoked for this news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Got to earn his turnips.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Time to stop doubting. It's true. He'll be doing Suicide Squad first (he's currently working on it) and Guardians 3 after, which is kind of a bummer because that means G3 won't be out next year as was originally planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Time to stop doubting. It's true. He'll be doing Suicide Squad first (he's currently working on it) and Guardians 3 after, which is kind of a bummer because that means G3 won't be out next year as was originally planned.
    They have a ton of options now that the Fox acquisition is being finalized. I for one welcome whatever they throw at us. Even the bad Marvel movies are more enjoyable than a lot of what’s out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Got to earn his turnips.