Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I think his point is that the "main" mcu and the main marvel universe in general is the original 616 comics one.

everything else is a different reality or timeline.
    But the question I asked was if we had ever actually seen the "main" mcu on-screen?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Your over thinking things.
    MCU writing is actually really good. This is NOT Blizzard writing. Blizzard has no ability to be nuanced or subtle or drop in deep cuts that make you rewind and look back at things that happened earlier. The MCU actually pays careful attention to plot details and constantly drops in easter eggs that people find years later. If I was talking about the plot of Shadowlands, I would be overthinking it. But the MCU actually does this stuff on the regular.

I found a psychological diagnosis of the incredible hulk. I found it interesting to read. Apparently he has intermittent explosive disorder.

Psychological Diagnosis and Justification
    A review of Mr. Hulk’s file reveals that he exhibits classic symptoms of Intermittent Explosive Disorder with underlying Anti Social Personality Traits. Request investigation to rule out possible Exhibitionistic Sexual Paraphilia Disorder.

The American Psychiatric Association (2013) defines Intermittent Explosive Disorder as “recurrent behavioral outbursts representing a failure to control aggressive impulses.” These outbursts appear as a verbal tirade and/or physical aggression. The outbursts are impulsive in nature and not premeditated. They are unpredictable and are disproportionate to the trigger or stressor. In order to qualify for a diagnosis, these outbursts must occur about twice a week for at least three months. Mr. Hulk clearly meets these criteria.

According to the American Psychiatric Association (2013) Antisocial personality disorder is an enduring pattern of personal experience and behavior deviating markedly from cultural expectations, is pervasive, enduring, and leads to personal distress or impairment. It is characterized by a pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others. Symptoms of antisocial personality disorder vary in severity and range from verbally abusive behavior to severe violence. Care should be taken to distinguish the anti-social behavior that Mr. Hulk exhibits from the psychopathic behavior exhibited by his colleague Magneto. Whereas Hulk’s violence is “affective” expressive, and emotionally driven, Magnetos violence is “instrumental,” calculated and goal driven. The difference can be understood by imagining a cat’s behavior in two different situations.

First, imagine the cat that has been cornered by the neighborhood dog. It’s hair is standing on end, it is caterwauling and hissing loudly and basically completely freaking out. If you go and try to pick up this cat when it is in this state, it will tear you apart- this is the anti-social Hulk’s effective violence. Now imagine the cat as it is hunting a wounded bird. It’s ears are back, its body low, moving controlled with stealth towards its prey with deadly purpose and focused intent. When it strikes, it it is lethal and the bird rarely sees it coming. This is the psychopathic Magneto’s violence. As far as ruling out a diagnosis of Exhibitionistic Disorder for Mr. Hulk, that is a tough one.

Paraphilias are behaviorally and cognitively defined. For instance, Exhibitionistic Disorder involves the behavioral exposure to a stranger or unsuspecting individual, accompanied by intense sexual arousal. Mr. Hulk certainly does exhibit the core *behavioral* criteria of Exhibitionistic Disorder in that he has repeatedly exposed his genitals in public to strangers and unsuspecting individuals.

What is less clear is whether or not Mr. Hulk is motivated to do so by an uncontrollable sexual urge that is deliberately intended for the unsuspecting and unconsenting individuals. Mr. Hulk maintains, that his semi-nude presentation is purely the result of him losing his temper, which he claims causes him to grow so large that he completely destroys his pants.

It should be noted that no witness has ever reported that Mr. Hulk displayed any sort of arousal during any of these reported incidents. Nevertheless, the frequency with which Mr. Hulk has been cited for borderline public indecency is hard to ignore and should raise questions about the possibility of future sexual motives. A full assessment is recommended in order to determine the extent of Mr. Hulk’s level of Exhibitionistic Disorder.
    https://thriveworks.com/blog/clinica...credible-hulk/
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    X-Men: The Animated Series Revival Has Been Discussed - It's Up to Disney
    The producer of X-Men: The Animated series has confirmed there have been talks about a revival but said it's now up Disney about what happens next.

Sourse: https://www.cbr.com/x-men-the-animat...evival-disney/

The producer of X-Men: The Animated Series has confirmed discussions about a possible revival of the beloved cartoon and said the ball is now in Disney's court.

Speaking during the Wizard World panel, producer and director Larry Houston said he's "made conversation" with Disney about bringing X-Men: The Animated Series back. "We've had talks, but that's about it," said Houston. "We've made conversation and it's up to them to make the decision, but we've let them know that we're all available for whatever they want to do in the future."

He concluded, "Whatever they wanted to do if we had all the original team. That's what I would come out of retirement for." Houston's words were echoed by former cast members George Buza and Chris Britton, who played Beast and Mr. Sinister, respectively. However, Wolverine actor Cal Dodd noted that "nothing is coming to fruition" at the moment.

X-Men: The Animated Series ran for 76 episodes from 1992 to 1997 and adapted major X-Men comic storylines including "The Dark Phoenix Saga" and "Days of Future Past." The core cast was a who's who of X-Men favorites including Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Rogue, Jubilee, Gambit and Professor Xavier.

Although X-Men: The Animated Series ended after five seasons, it has been credited in the past with inspiring Lauren Shuler Donner to buy the live-action rights to the X-Men and kick-starting development on 2000's X-Men. When X-Men: The Animated Series bowed out in in 1997, the Season 5 finale rounded off with "Graduation Day" and brought the various storylines to a close. The show was originally set to conclude with Season 4's "Beyond Good and Evil", but there was a last-minute order of new episodes. Despite there being a definitive end to the cartoon, Houston said in January 2019 that he'd always imagined a revival to be a direct continuation of what came before and try to keep the same aesthetic as its '90s counterpart.

News about a possible X-Men: The Animated Series revival comes after Gargoyles co-creator Greg Weisman discussed the idea of bringing his show back following its Disney+ debut. Both X-Men: The Animated Series and Gargoyles were critically-acclaimed during their runs and lived on in other mediums. Both animated series are currently available on the Disney+ streaming service. As of yet, there have been no official announcements concerning a revival.
    I am excited for this.

While at the same time I also don't think we should get too excited, don't forget this show originally aired 26 years ago (my age is showing *sobs*), no doubt animation and technology has come a very long way since then, I don't expect the animation to be exactly the same, hell the later half of Season 5 was god awful in itself due to budget cuts that eventually led to the shows cancellation.

But if this does mean a continuation and not a another horrible reboot (even though I know X-Men evolution has its fans) I will be happy.

The original X-Men cartoon is still the only adaption to get the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix saga close to right, unlike other movies and cartoons have.

This is a show that is probably tied up there with Batman the animated Series and Gargoyles as my favourite animated shows as a kid. And especially if news that Greg Wiesman has been rumoured to work on it (the writers behind Gargoyles) then this movie is in good hands from a writing perspective at leas.

With that said I am going to be so old when this show airs that I am aware thats its not going to be for me. But I hope its something I will still be able to appreciate

I’d much prefer a revival of Wolverine and the X-men. It was a surprisingly solid show and the second season tease was interesting. I too am dated from watching the original X-men series, and some episodes do still hold up well, but with the X-men, and a lot of comic adaptation, I’m more about getting the characters right, having, say, a dark Phoenix story done yet again holds no interest to me. Tread new ground, or at least ground that hasn’t be done several times already.

7+ Year Old Account
    the x-men animated series was rly good, but i don't know if they can make something good, lately it feels cartoons are being so underwhelming

I can't wait for another 50 episodes of Cyclops and Jean Grey yell "JEAN!!!!" and "SCOTT!!!" over and over.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I can't wait for another 50 episodes of Cyclops and Jean Grey yell "JEAN!!!!" and "SCOTT!!!" over and over.
    That was obnoxiously repetitive. I hope they would break them up and pair Jean with Logan and Scott with Emma so I wouldn't have to hear that if the series was revived.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I’d much prefer a revival of Wolverine and the X-men. It was a surprisingly solid show and the second season tease was interesting.
    Yeah, that series was quite enjoyable. The lack of a second season made the finale way more downbeat than it was intended though.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    So Empyre really felt like a big dud. I should have known better than to even slightly buy into one of these "event" titles. Marvel Zombies Resurrection, however, started off great. I really like that they seem to be relaunching the Zombies concept but with a more serious take like DCeased rather than the silly shit they pulled with the first Zombies books.
    I’d say just going generic/controlled zombies but with powers is a straight down grade form keeping minds/emotions of the characters but making them an irresistible erg to kill and eat.

The later arcs were a bit of a mess compared to the first two but stuff like this is straight gold.

Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-09-09 at 04:53 AM.

So I might simply be very late to the party, but has nobody mentioned yet that now Fortnite's Island is officially part of Marvel cannon?

First episodes are likely gonna be slow-ish and probably a bit boring too, but I can see this going wild quite fast if that's really about Wanda losing her mind over the fact she can't save him.

And probably a must-watch if it precedes Multiverse of Madness, regardless of its quality...

Can't wait to see the trippy shit that go along with each episode.

I also enjoyed seeing the camping old comic costumes of the two.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    First episodes are likely gonna be slow-ish and probably a bit boring too, but I can see this going wild quite fast if that's really about Wanda losing her mind over the fact she can't save him.

And probably a must-watch if it precedes Multiverse of Madness, regardless of its quality...
    Almost every streaming service series is about 30% too long, no matter whether it's 20 episodes or 8. I'm sure it'll be a slow build up for the first few episodes, then stuff might start happening, but it is certainly getting tedious for me. I don't need constant action by any means, but sometimes they ignore moving the plot forward for way too long.

Anyway, I'll watch it when I next subscribe to Disney+, probably when Mando2 finishes it's run and I can watch it completely. Hopefully it's a good series overall.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

definitely giving me legion vibes, ugh this has honestly been my most anticipated mcu addition for a while
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    WandanVision looks like a Disney+/MCU version of Legion. I hope it ends up like that.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Some speculations:

1) Is Kathryn Hahn ....Agatha Harkness? In the comics she's the one that teach Wanda how to control her powers wich seems to be the leiv motif of this show and on top of that we see Vision and Wanda on their classic costumes and Hahn in a witch costume...and of top of the top we can see her travelling through the distinct decades ( we see her in the 50s,in the 80's ) wich may indicate she's not Wanda's creation.
    2) Is Monica Rambeau the girl we see ported out of that reality? Given she's around 10 in "Captain Marvel" the age will match and that could explain how she got in there ( no physical form).We see a military perimeter outside Westview....so maybe she tried to get into this reality bubble following order and Wanda expulsed her.
    3) Is S.W.O.R.D the kind-of Shield group we see outside the portal? It was speculated that they are gonna be in "Loki" show.
    4) Are the kids we see Wiccan and Speed? Creating them out of nothing is precisely the way they exist in the comics.Time manipulation can put them as teenagers in the main reality and into the Young Avengers.
    5) Are Wanda's creations be able to exist outside her reality bubble? That will open a huge door given that we see Vision have the Mind gem...Is really "a" or "the" Mind gem?can Wanda create an Infinity Gem?
    6) Is the bottle of wine we see "Maison du Mepris" ( translated: House of M) with a big M logo an Easter Egg or....not?
    7) Are the nerds (like me) overanalyizing?

Well right now I only got answers for 7)....Yes. Can't wait to December.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Some speculations:

1) Is Kathryn Hahn ....Agatha Harkness? In the comics she's the one that teach Wanda how to control her powers wich seems to be the leiv motif of this show and on top of that we see Vision and Wanda on their classic costumes and Hahn in a witch costume...and of top of the top we can see her travelling through the distinct decades ( we see her in the 50s,in the 80's ) wich may indicate she's not Wanda's creation.
    2) Is Monica Rambeau the girl we see ported out of that reality? Given she's around 10 in "Captain Marvel" the age will match and that could explain how she got in there ( no physical form).We see a military perimeter outside Westview....so maybe she tried to get into this reality bubble following order and Wanda expulsed her.
    3) Is S.W.O.R.D the kind-of Shield group we see outside the portal? It was speculated that they are gonna be in "Loki" show.
    4) Are the kids we see Wiccan and Speed? Creating them out of nothing is precisely the way they exist in the comics.Time manipulation can put them as teenagers in the main reality and into the Young Avengers.
    5) Are Wanda's creations be able to exist outside her reality bubble? That will open a huge door given that we see Vision have the Mind gem...Is really "a" or "the" Mind gem?can Wanda create an Infinity Gem?
    6) Is the bottle of wine we see "Maison du Mepris" ( translated: House of M) with a big M logo an Easter Egg or....not?
    7) Are the nerds (like me) overanalyizing?

Well right now I only got answers for 7)....Yes. Can't wait to December.
    remember this show also will lead directly into doctor strange 2 multiverse of madness where scarlet witch co-stars
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Director: How weird do you want the show to be?

Disney: Yes.

By the way, it'll end with Wanda somehow jumpstarting the mutant gene dormant in a majority of humanity en masse (Apocalypse and other few ancient mutants still always existed but in hiding/asleep, Wanda will just accelerate it, a reverse of "no more mutants") and lead directly to Dr. Strange 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Director: How weird do you want the show to be?

Disney: Yes.

By the way, it'll end with Wanda somehow jumpstarting the mutant gene dormant in a majority of humanity en masse (Apocalypse and other few ancient mutants still always existed but in hiding/asleep, Wanda will just accelerate it, a reverse of "no more mutants") and lead directly to Dr. Strange 2.
    The mutant part is still just speculation as far as I know. I don't think we'll start to see any mutants until late phase 4 if not 5

Agents of SWORD confirmed. Super excited the cast looks awesome.

https://marvelcomicsfanon.fandom.com...iginal_Series)