1. #11961
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Huge leak about multiverse of Madness, don't know if its true, but spoilers anyway:


    Wanda is the main villain, Shuma only has a small role as a demon Wanda summon to bring Chavez to her.

    The Darkhold is the reason it's corrupting Wanda's mind with the idea of doing whatever it takes to get her kids back it makes her think they need help and are in danger somewhere in the Multiverse.

    Wanda is trying to reach them but can only use astral projection to travel the multiverse and she needs to make it so her whole body could go through to get to her kids. The solution is Chavez who can create portals. Wands use the Darkhold to summon demons to bring Chavez to her but the demons destroy everything in their way including Chavez's reality. Chavez get to MCU and seek help and get to Strange who's attending Palmer's wedding at the time and then Shuma gets there and is attacking New York.

    Strange beat Shuma and talk to Chavez. After that Strange goes to Wanda and they have a fight. Strange trying to bring her back to her senses but there's no use.

    Wanda get to Kamar Taj and blow the place up looking for Chavez. Strange and Chavez run into other realities escaping Wanda. They go through a lot of crazy places till they get to a Mordo variant who's the master of the mystic arts in his universe. He trickes them and bring them to the Illuninati a police keeping force of the multiverse led by Charles Xavier. They put Strange and Chavez in prison. To get to them Wanda takes over the body of this universe's Wanda who's just a normal housewife with her kids. She uses her body to kill some of the Illuminati and get Chavez out. But before she can do that Xavier enter her mind and tries to free her mind from MCU Wanda. He's also trying to reach MCU Wanda and help her come to to her senses. When Wanda finally get to her kids she realize they were never in any danger and were living happily with the other Wanda in that universe on a farm. The kids want their "real" mother back and fear this Wanda. This breaks Wanda and she disappear. But not before she does the same thing she did in WandaVision but this time to the whole multiverse. Strange and Chavez get back to the MCU but the Multiverse is more broken than ever. I'm guessing what Wanda did will get her kids to the MCU and they'll be older.


    they said an "important character from x-man will show up, i was not expecting him.
    What's a Chavez?

  2. #11962
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    What's a Chavez?
    Charles Xavier

    i think they said like that to avoid things

  3. #11963
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i think they said like that to avoid things
    A "Chavez" it's not that. She is America Chavez, an already confirmed character in the film. Member of the Young Avengers and the Ultimates.
    Superstrength, invulnerability and ( this is the main reason she is in the film) the ability to create portals to other multiverses.




    About the other character mentioned above ( i'll keep the spoiler)...I'm sceptic about it. I don't know: it is weird to introduce it this way.

  4. #11964
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,383
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    A "Chavez" it's not that. She is America Chavez, an already confirmed character in the film. Member of the Young Avengers and the Ultimates.
    Superstrength, invulnerability and ( this is the main reason she is in the film) the ability to create portals to other multiverses.
    that is a way to completely kill the hype for the movie lol

  5. #11965
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    that is a way to completely kill the hype for the movie lol
    It’s weird that having strong female characters ruins movies for you.

  6. #11966
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s weird that having strong female characters ruins movies for you.
    yeah, and not because i was expecting another character

    you do have a weird complex don't you

  7. #11967
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah, and not because i was expecting another character

    you do have a weird complex don't you
    Rofl, you twisted yourself in knots to make a confirmed character into someone you’re hoping shows up and are now disappointed your mental gymnastics were wrong. Maybe instead of searching for leaks all day start with the official information that’s available.

  8. #11968
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    that is a way to completely kill the hype for the movie lol
    Why?

    Because the other character (let's call it ....X ) it's not in the film?

    Well I haven't said that ( just expressed my skepticism). In the story that you posted X and Chavez can coexist. I merely stated X is not Chavez.

  9. #11969
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Rofl, you twisted yourself in knots to make a confirmed character into someone you’re hoping shows up and are now disappointed your mental gymnastics were wrong. Maybe instead of searching for leaks all day start with the official information that’s available.
    And whats matter for you that i get disappointed? like, did i ask your opinion or advise? get over of yourself dude

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Why?

    Because the other character (let's call it ....X ) it's not in the film?

    Well I haven't said that ( just expressed my skepticism). In the story that you posted X and Chavez can coexist. I merely stated X is not Chavez.
    more because i though it was him that they were talking about, it was a turn, because the leaker change names of the heroes, like saying Dr Strange is "dr weird"

    i honestly more interested in the implications of the multiverse and they maybe, bringing the x-man on it

  10. #11970
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    that is a way to completely kill the hype for the movie lol
    I mean it's been common knowledge that she has been in the movie for a long while now. this isn't breaking news.

  11. #11971
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,383
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean it's been common knowledge that she has been in the movie for a long while now. this isn't breaking news.
    not for everyone

  12. #11972
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    And whats matter for you that i get disappointed? like, did i ask your opinion or advise? get over of yourself dude

    - - - Updated - - -



    more because i though it was him that they were talking about, it was a turn, because the leaker change names of the heroes, like saying Dr Strange is "dr weird"

    i honestly more interested in the implications of the multiverse and they maybe, bringing the x-man on it
    Ah ok now I get the situation...so the leaker introduced a "code" and when he was talking about Chavez you "translated" into X.

    Yeah ,no, that would be an extremely confusing way of introducing X into the MCU.

    Plus: America is a multiversal being ( meaning there's no different versions of her in every universe of the multiverse...just one) and the protector of the multiverse so it 100% fits into the rol she would have in the leak you posted.

  13. #11973
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,383
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Ah ok now I get the situation...so the leaker introduced a "code" and when he was talking about Chavez you "translated" into X.

    Yeah ,no, that would be an extremely confusing way of introducing X into the MCU.

    Plus: America is a multiversal being ( meaning there's no different versions of her in every universe of the multiverse...just one) and the protector of the multiverse so it 100% fits into the rol she would have in the leak you posted.
    i suposse yes, but they did say an important character in x-man was goign to show up and fight Wanda, pretty sure i read that

    The leaker also confirmed it was him, so, ther eis that.

    I think they made a path for mutants already with shriek in venom.

  14. #11974
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i suposse yes, but they did say an important character in x-man was goign to show up and fight Wanda, pretty sure i read that

    The leaker also confirmed it was him, so, ther eis that.

    I think they made a path for mutants already with shriek in venom.
    Again, start with officially announced news before diving into “leaks”.

    In actual news, word is Agatha is getting her own spin-off.

  15. #11975
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i suposse yes, but they did say an important character in x-man was goign to show up and fight Wanda, pretty sure i read that

    The leaker also confirmed it was him, so, ther eis that.

    I think they made a path for mutants already with shriek in venom.
    There is a leak and an article on one of those Hollywood magazines about a character from the X-men showing up and that it is Professor X. Some even said Wolverine too, because of a few Hugh Jackman tweets (was sometime a few months back, can't remember off the top of my head what exactly it was). And last year there was the interview with Patrick Steward, where he said he had met with Kevin Feige, but he wasn't actually coming back (which was, of course, questioned, because they all say that until they are officially announced ^^). But so far those are all leaks and rumors and nothing has actually been confirmed by Marvel.

    America Chavez had been announced when the movie was announced. Thing is, I think she makes former X-men characters more likely, because hopping through the multiverse is kind of her thing. But that is just my take on it, of course.

  16. #11976
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,838
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    America Chavez had been announced when the movie was announced. Thing is, I think she makes former X-men characters more likely, because hopping through the multiverse is kind of her thing. But that is just my take on it, of course.
    I seriously think people need to drop the idea that the X-men are ever gonna show up, particularly as a continuation from the Fox films. At best, they'll cast new people in the roles and start their stories fresh. There's a lot of baggage with the Fox films, and most of that baggage is . . . not really worth bringing in.

    "But Hugh Jackman!" People should recall when that casting was first announced. "The 6' tall rom-com song-and-dance guy? As Wolverine? GTFO!" He made it work, because he's a good actor and threw himself into the role, but that casting wasn't the kind of perfect fit that RDJ or Chris Evans were for their respective roles in the MCU. You're just used to Jackman in the role, by now.

    And he had a perfect sendoff. In his best film in the role. In Logan.

    Other than Jackman, there's Stewart and McKellen as Xavier and Magneto, and they're both old. Like, super old. I can't see them reprising those roles at this stage. Hell, two of Stewart's latest reprisals of his classic characters (Logan, and ST: Picard) were both framed from a "he's so old" perspective. The actors the MCU would be most likely to poach for those roles are the First Class cast, and they were fine. But they aren't the ones people rave about in the roles, in the first place.

    Narratively, you can make pretty much anything work. But in practical terms, I just don't see that cast resurfacing in the MCU, the way some fans seem to think is inevitable.


  17. #11977
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I seriously think people need to drop the idea that the X-men are ever gonna show up, particularly as a continuation from the Fox films. At best, they'll cast new people in the roles and start their stories fresh. There's a lot of baggage with the Fox films, and most of that baggage is . . . not really worth bringing in.

    "But Hugh Jackman!" People should recall when that casting was first announced. "The 6' tall rom-com song-and-dance guy? As Wolverine? GTFO!" He made it work, because he's a good actor and threw himself into the role, but that casting wasn't the kind of perfect fit that RDJ or Chris Evans were for their respective roles in the MCU. You're just used to Jackman in the role, by now.

    And he had a perfect sendoff. In his best film in the role. In Logan.

    Other than Jackman, there's Stewart and McKellen as Xavier and Magneto, and they're both old. Like, super old. I can't see them reprising those roles at this stage. Hell, two of Stewart's latest reprisals of his classic characters (Logan, and ST: Picard) were both framed from a "he's so old" perspective. The actors the MCU would be most likely to poach for those roles are the First Class cast, and they were fine. But they aren't the ones people rave about in the roles, in the first place.

    Narratively, you can make pretty much anything work. But in practical terms, I just don't see that cast resurfacing in the MCU, the way some fans seem to think is inevitable.
    I think in a scenario where Strange and Chavez are on the hunt through different universes and they come across the one where Xavier exists, he could show up. Not that he would somehow find his way to the MCU-universe and from then on be their Professor Xavier. I really hope they find a good actor to play MCU Xavier (and other mutants) who wants to stay around for a long time, if they choose to have mutants in a bigger capacity.

  18. #11978
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,838
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I think in a scenario where Strange and Chavez are on the hunt through different universes and they come across the one where Xavier exists, he could show up. Not that he would somehow find his way to the MCU-universe and from then on be their Professor Xavier. I really hope they find a good actor to play MCU Xavier (and other mutants) who wants to stay around for a long time, if they choose to have mutants in a bigger capacity.
    I'm just not sure why the MCU would bother. If they don't produce a "better" version than the Fox films (good luck), fans won't be satisfied with the portrayal. While that won't ruin a movie, when the MCU is basically hitting everything out of the park no matter how wonky the pitch, why take a risk with a bunt like the X-men?

    I just don't see that they bring anything meaningful to the series that wouldn't amount to a retread. The Fox films repurposed the "allegory for racism" angle of the comics into "allegory for LGBT hate" in their films, but the MCU has taken a stance of "fuck allegory, let's stop beating around the bush and talk about actual racism", both in Black Panther and particularly in Falcon and the Winter Soldier. While I'm not particularly happy with their representation on other fronts, I'd rather they actually introduce LGBT characters and tell those stories directly rather than using an inevitably clumsy allegory (since, with mutants, it's not just "I love who I love and why can't you accept that", it's "when I get angry, I make things explode" or "I accidentally kill everything in a 100-meter radius of me", which is obviously harder to swallow for completely legitimate reasons).


  19. #11979
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm just not sure why the MCU would bother. If they don't produce a "better" version than the Fox films (good luck), fans won't be satisfied with the portrayal. While that won't ruin a movie, when the MCU is basically hitting everything out of the park no matter how wonky the pitch, why take a risk with a bunt like the X-men?

    I just don't see that they bring anything meaningful to the series that wouldn't amount to a retread. The Fox films repurposed the "allegory for racism" angle of the comics into "allegory for LGBT hate" in their films, but the MCU has taken a stance of "fuck allegory, let's stop beating around the bush and talk about actual racism", both in Black Panther and particularly in Falcon and the Winter Soldier. While I'm not particularly happy with their representation on other fronts, I'd rather they actually introduce LGBT characters and tell those stories directly rather than using an inevitably clumsy allegory (since, with mutants, it's not just "I love who I love and why can't you accept that", it's "when I get angry, I make things explode" or "I accidentally kill everything in a 100-meter radius of me", which is obviously harder to swallow for completely legitimate reasons).
    I agree they should totally not push all 'representation' onto mutants and otherwise pretend their world is fine. Although I do think that having mutants is just another layer of having superheroes and we already have people hating them, fearing them and wanting to lock them away, to only use when a threat comes around and/or for their own agendas in the MCU, I don't think mutants would turn people's attention away from the real life-like issues too much. I mean, you have Hayward hating 'enhanced' and still have racial profiling in FatWS (just as an example). If they go more for the 'freedom vs security' route they could use mutants better. Not that I think they can find actual real life solutions from a comic book universe, but it could make people talk and think about it and ways to handle it, seeing both the legitimate concerns of people fearing for their lives and looking for control and people not wanting to control every aspect of life just so nothing bad ever happens. As the two extremes I mean, there is of course obviously an area between, but these things often get weighed against each other and there's a lot to learn and talk about in this regard. The mutants could serve as an anchor for stories about that.

  20. #11980
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm just not sure why the MCU would bother. If they don't produce a "better" version than the Fox films (good luck), fans won't be satisfied with the portrayal. While that won't ruin a movie, when the MCU is basically hitting everything out of the park no matter how wonky the pitch, why take a risk with a bunt like the X-men?

    I just don't see that they bring anything meaningful to the series that wouldn't amount to a retread. The Fox films repurposed the "allegory for racism" angle of the comics into "allegory for LGBT hate" in their films, but the MCU has taken a stance of "fuck allegory, let's stop beating around the bush and talk about actual racism", both in Black Panther and particularly in Falcon and the Winter Soldier. While I'm not particularly happy with their representation on other fronts, I'd rather they actually introduce LGBT characters and tell those stories directly rather than using an inevitably clumsy allegory (since, with mutants, it's not just "I love who I love and why can't you accept that", it's "when I get angry, I make things explode" or "I accidentally kill everything in a 100-meter radius of me", which is obviously harder to swallow for completely legitimate reasons).
    The Fox films were alright, but they weren’t even mid-tier Marvel overall. Not sure why you think Marvel will screw it up.

    Their motivation, btw, is profits. Spider-Man and the X-Men have been massively popular for Marvel. Leaving them on the table isn’t an option. Especially since Deadpool 3 is in production already. Thus ensuring they introduce X-Men done by Disney. And it’s supposed to be R-rated even. *gasp*
    Last edited by Vegas82; 2021-10-07 at 07:16 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •