Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah, this is what i though as well. they are slowly grinding the gears together, with thunderbolts, secret wars, and now this. Its a good way to prepare people so they don't get the "what the fuck is this?"

I for one, am rly hyped for the new Blade by example, but i know a lot of people don't know he is part of marvel universe, this could hlep to put things together for the general public, same for Ghost rider.
    Thunderbolts and YA. Secret War isn’t a factor right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Thunderbolts and YA. Secret War isn’t a factor right now.
    how secret wars isn't a factor? they are slowly going for that putting the aliens here and there

how secret wars isn't a factor? they are slowly going for that putting the aliens here and there
    It’s far less of a factor than YA and Thunderbolts, both of which have have very up front intros to multiple characters. Secret Wars has had CM and a minor callout or two in What If…?

Or they could move forward after the repercussions of Multiverse of Madness. We really don’t know what’s coming there with regards to Wanda, and tangentially Agatha.
    I don't recall where I read this recently but there is a major leak/summary that is out(whether true or not idk) that says

Wanda's desire to find her children turns her into the primary villain and the voices she heard at the end of WandaVision were from her kids in an alternative universe where an alt Wanda also exists. She is able to send herself there astrally but is searching for a way to get to them physically because she thinks they are in danger. Dr. Strange is called in to deal with the problem by powerful beings from this other universe because its putting their universe at risk due to Wanda summoning demons with the book of Shadows. This includes a secretive group there on the alt earth with comic ties.

It’s far less of a factor than YA and Thunderbolts, both of which have have very up front intros to multiple characters. Secret Wars has had CM and a minor callout or two in What If…?
    it is minor but they are definetly setting up for that

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    I don't recall where I read this recently but there is a major leak/summary that is out(whether true or not idk) that says

Wanda's desire to find her children turns her into the primary villain and the voices she heard at the end of WandaVision were from her kids in an alternative universe where an alt Wanda also exists. She is able to send herself there astrally but is searching for a way to get to them physically because she thinks they are in danger. Dr. Strange is called in to deal with the problem by powerful beings from this other universe because its putting their universe at risk due to Wanda summoning demons with the book of Shadows. This includes a secretive group there on the alt earth with comic ties.
    The synopsis doesn’t really tell you the fallout.

- - - Updated - - -

it is minor but they are definetly setting up for that
    And, as I said, it’s far less of a factor than YA and TB. Enough that it’s relatively insignificant right now.

Huge leak about multiverse of Madness, don't know if its true, but spoilers anyway:

Wanda is the main villain, Shuma only has a small role as a demon Wanda summon to bring Chavez to her.

The Darkhold is the reason it's corrupting Wanda's mind with the idea of doing whatever it takes to get her kids back it makes her think they need help and are in danger somewhere in the Multiverse.

Wanda is trying to reach them but can only use astral projection to travel the multiverse and she needs to make it so her whole body could go through to get to her kids. The solution is Chavez who can create portals. Wands use the Darkhold to summon demons to bring Chavez to her but the demons destroy everything in their way including Chavez's reality. Chavez get to MCU and seek help and get to Strange who's attending Palmer's wedding at the time and then Shuma gets there and is attacking New York.

Strange beat Shuma and talk to Chavez. After that Strange goes to Wanda and they have a fight. Strange trying to bring her back to her senses but there's no use.

Wanda get to Kamar Taj and blow the place up looking for Chavez. Strange and Chavez run into other realities escaping Wanda. They go through a lot of crazy places till they get to a Mordo variant who's the master of the mystic arts in his universe. He trickes them and bring them to the Illuninati a police keeping force of the multiverse led by Charles Xavier. They put Strange and Chavez in prison. To get to them Wanda takes over the body of this universe's Wanda who's just a normal housewife with her kids. She uses her body to kill some of the Illuminati and get Chavez out. But before she can do that Xavier enter her mind and tries to free her mind from MCU Wanda. He's also trying to reach MCU Wanda and help her come to to her senses. When Wanda finally get to her kids she realize they were never in any danger and were living happily with the other Wanda in that universe on a farm. The kids want their "real" mother back and fear this Wanda. This breaks Wanda and she disappear. But not before she does the same thing she did in WandaVision but this time to the whole multiverse. Strange and Chavez get back to the MCU but the Multiverse is more broken than ever. I'm guessing what Wanda did will get her kids to the MCU and they'll be older.

they said an "important character from x-man will show up, i was not expecting him.
    Time travel and Multiple universes are the quickest way to make any level of continuity and engagement in the story disappear completely for me - and MCU is doing both it seems.

I can't fathom caring about these movies after Endgame

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Time travel and Multiple universes are the quickest way to make any level of continuity and engagement in the story disappear completely for me - and MCU is doing both it seems.

You can’t fathom there being new characters and stories you could care about after Endgame? That’s kinda sad. Endgame was good, it wasn’t the end all to all storytelling though.

i don't like time travel that much either, but i can get behind multiverse, if its done right i think its cool.

They are doing that for spider man and im hyped as fuck by example

You can’t fathom there being new characters and stories you could care about after Endgame? That’s kinda sad. Endgame was good, it wasn’t the end all to all storytelling though.
    Endgame wasn't even that good in hindsight - it was just a natural conclusion to 20+ films - I was like 10 when the MCU began - now I'm an adult, at a certain point you have to grow up and stop caring about capeshit frankly.

They're one step away from literally adding laugh tracks - have you noticed when someone makes a joke (which is every single line of dialogue) no one talks so people can compose themself from hysterics because thor made a funny haha. They treat audiences as complete idiots

- - - Updated - - -

i don't like time travel that much either, but i can get behind multiverse, if its done right i think its cool.

They are doing that for spider man and im hyped as fuck by example
    I'd wager 90% of people going to see no way home who don't already see every MCU film are going purely because of Toby and the nostalgia of Raimi Spiderman - it's the only reason I'm going to see it

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I seriously think people need to drop the idea that the X-men are ever gonna show up, particularly as a continuation from the Fox films. At best, they'll cast new people in the roles and start their stories fresh. There's a lot of baggage with the Fox films, and most of that baggage is . . . not really worth bringing in.

"But Hugh Jackman!" People should recall when that casting was first announced. "The 6' tall rom-com song-and-dance guy? As Wolverine? GTFO!" He made it work, because he's a good actor and threw himself into the role, but that casting wasn't the kind of perfect fit that RDJ or Chris Evans were for their respective roles in the MCU. You're just used to Jackman in the role, by now.

And he had a perfect sendoff. In his best film in the role. In Logan.

Other than Jackman, there's Stewart and McKellen as Xavier and Magneto, and they're both old. Like, super old. I can't see them reprising those roles at this stage. Hell, two of Stewart's latest reprisals of his classic characters (Logan, and ST: Picard) were both framed from a "he's so old" perspective. The actors the MCU would be most likely to poach for those roles are the First Class cast, and they were fine. But they aren't the ones people rave about in the roles, in the first place.

Narratively, you can make pretty much anything work. But in practical terms, I just don't see that cast resurfacing in the MCU, the way some fans seem to think is inevitable.
    Actors aside, they’re going to have to edit the backstory for Magneto - if he is a teenager in WW2 then that puts him at about 90 years old now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Actors aside, they’re going to have to edit the backstory for Magneto - if he is a teenager in WW2 then that puts him at about 90 years old now.
    It’ll be interesting to see how they handle that. Maybe slowed aging due to his mutation…

It’ll be interesting to see how they handle that. Maybe slowed aging due to his mutation…
    There's always the good old fashioned "cryo stasis due to being a potential threat" trope or the slightly more complicated "mind swap with a fresh clone",the latter could bring in the Jackal for Spiderman or if they want to go deep, Mr. Sinister.

I'd wager 90% of people going to see no way home who don't already see every MCU film are going purely because of Toby and the nostalgia of Raimi Spiderman - it's the only reason I'm going to see it
    True, either way i think the idea of multiverse and variants is cool, making the reimiverse their own multiverse and Tobey a variant peter parker i think is a brilliant way to tie those movies together someway, plus the fox and sony universes all together, with the excuse of "multiverse", as there is some worthy things there

I think open possibilities to more interesting and fun stuff, now that they can be either more close to the Hqs or do something totally different and just blame the multiverse

I'd wager that 90% of people that don't care about MCU movies also don't care about Spider-Man movies.

I think open possibilities to more interesting and fun stuff, now that they can be either more close to the Hqs or do something totally different and just blame the multiverse
    That just means retcons and inconsistency.
    To be fair it seems they have everyone that watches primed and prepped for that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That just means retcons and inconsistency.
    To be fair it seems they have everyone that watches primed and prepped for that sort of thing.
    it could mean that yes, but im looking for more stuff like spider-man NWM and interactions with old actors/movies

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I don't think that's that big of an issue. They've been doing it in the comics with various characters for decades. I think the whole holocaust to mutant leader is a good angle for the character but I think he can still be Magneto without it. At a certain point you have to start updating the characters.

Just make him a survivor of a mutant holocaust in Genosha.