7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    The issue with that being is that, last I heard, universal still owns the distribution rights to any standalone Hulk movies.

It's possible that's been resolved and Distribution rights have returned to Disney...but there hasn't been any reporting that is the case. It's the main reason why there hasn't been any Standalone Hulk movies since "The Incredible Hulk". Hulk can only appear as a secondary (tertiary, etc) character in other MCU films.
    from what i heard it returned to disney, thats why they want to make a standalone hulk movie now.

But of course, without confirmations we can only speculate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    If anything I’d like a “blip” story where we get the background on the transition to becoming professor hulk. Certainly they could weave that into a hulk “war” as such where the two had to unite to survive.
    there would not be much major threats in that time, for the hulk to face though.

Moon Knight was an old favorite...doesn't look bad.

If someone in universal has half the IQ of an avocado they will look into the stunning success of "No Way Home" (even for pre-pandemic standars) and say :" I want a piece of that".

Yeah,it's not the same, there's nothing ,no standalone past movies to lean on ( or better said: they are forgettable) but it clearly shows how Sony/Marvel can make hits so I wonder why aren't they asking the same questions at Universal and it's not that they did not try to mimic Marvel with a Dark Universe that was already born dead.

The truth is both Universal and Marvel dropped the ball with Hulk. When then MCU is born Hulk were by an hilarious maring and any conceivable metric the most popular character they could use ( can't be argued), a character that trascended the pages of the comics and were part of the collective unconscious ( I mean most people would have understood the turning green and big reference) and all they gave us was a really bad movie and Hulk as a narrative mechanism for other characters stories.

Look at the webcrawler Universal...look closely,maybe there's a lesson to be learnt.

Anyway this not why I'm posting.

The reason Planet Hulk is a masterpiece is because Pak was smart enough to portray masterfully the duality of the character and by that I don't mean there's two souls inside that body ( Hulk and Banner are completely different persons and Banner is almost non present in the story) , I mean that Hulk ( not Banner) is both a hero and a monster.

He is the best example of how Marvel changed comics in the 60's ( let's not forget before Marvel and Lee and Kirby they were an editorial focused on horror themes mostly) by replicating the succesful formula ( the Justice League) that is a female token in the group ( VanDyne, Susan, Jean..) but adding an element of their own: The Monster ( Beast,Thing,Hulk...later Spiderman). A depiction of heroicity completely separated from the idealized aesthetics of the time that treated superheroes as the perfect humans , as the Olympians( we are always back to Hesiod and Homer).

Hulk is the character that better characterizes this duality. Sure there's other superheroes that are phisically scary ( Thing or Beast) but that's just how they look...in the inside they are just My Little Pony's susbscribers. Sure there's other superheroes that are edgy and scary ( Batman, Wolverine,Punisher...) but that's scary... for the villains, the regular public has nothing to be afraid.

This is the key element of Hulk: that everybody has good reasons to be afraid of him. Not just the mobster that find Frank Castle in an alley no......the innocent suburban mom buying groceries at the mall with her family that sees a big mole of green muscle tearing the roof...should be afraid.

Hulk is a monster and a hero.

Pak dissects the very essence of the character and present us a Hulk exiled, lost , abandoned by their last friends(?) trying to find his place. Am I really the monster that everybody thinks?. Over the story there's a mantra that is repeated constantly:

Savior...Destroyer...in the end all that matter is what you choose.

In that process of selfdiscovery he end up dramatically realizing...that is both: he is the savior that saved the planet from the tiranny of the Red King and he is the destroyer that leveled the planet ( not directly but he is both the reason why there's a bomb there in the first place and the reason why Miek activates it:"Never stops making them pay").

The moment he realizes the monster nature is as much a part of him as the hero....well,he is the destroyer and World War Hulk starts.

Call it World War Hulk, call it Planet Hulk, call it "Hulks has a date with the chiropodist",put Caiera and Miek and Korg in there, don't put them,put Skaar, don't put him...make it in the space...make it in the Louvre...I don't care. Just give us a Hulk ( not Banner and not the brute Hulk) that accepts its dual condition of hero and monster and I'm already taking my credit card.

But this is only if there's someone at Universal with half the IQ of an avocado.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    from what i heard it returned to disney, thats why they want to make a standalone hulk movie now.

But of course, without confirmations we can only speculate
    That has not happened and based on Universals expressed attitude, never will. They are adamant about not surrendering the rights
    on this or several other similar cases. Sell is another matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    If someone in universal has half the IQ of an avocado they will look into the stunning success of "No Way Home" (even for pre-pandemic standars) and say :" I want a piece of that".
    It's Disney that won't cooperate and given the facts I don't blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post

Yeah,it's not the same, there's nothing ,no standalone past movies to lean on ( or better said: they are forgettable) but it clearly shows how Sony/Marvel can make hits so I wonder why aren't they asking the same questions at Universal and it's not that they did not try to mimic Marvel with a Dark Universe that was already born dead.

Look at the webcrawler Universal...look closely,maybe there's a lesson to be learnt.

But this is only if there's someone at Universal with half the IQ of an avocado.
    There's a big difference between Sony and Universal though. Sony actually owns the film rights to Spider-Man. Universal only owns the distribution rights for Hulk. In order to use Spider-Man....Disney has no choice but to work with Sony...so they do. Spider-Man is not just Marvel's most popular character...he is arguably the most popular character in comic books. The Hulk may have been the most popular character Marvel had film rights to at the beginning of the MCU... but the success of Iron Man changed that dynamic. The Falling out with Edward Norton didn't help things either.

So, even if there is someone at Universal with more than "half of the IQ of an avocado"... it doesn't matter unless Disney wants to work with them. Right now, they have very little reason to. I'm sure Universal would very much like to get in on that MCU-action... but they just don't have a lot of negotiating power. They can't do anything to keep the Hulk out of MCU movies.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I don't follow this? You say saving $$$ is a punishment? Or was there some point that flew over my head?
    OK let's phrase it another way...if it were an Uwe Boll movie that made you projectile vomit and eyes bleed...if you're feeling masochistic then I'd understand...(with about as much distance between us since that would be crazy)

7+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people are talking that john Krasinski will be MCU Mr. Fantastic

If true, thoughts?

Not too bad a reinterpretation...the missus playing Susan? For symmetry.

A lot of people are talking that john Krasinski will be MCU Mr. Fantastic

If true, thoughts?
    That rumor has been floating around for years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Not too bad a reinterpretation...the missus playing Susan? For symmetry.
    The missus doesn't seem very interested:

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/e...el-1234971591/

Ever since Disney purchased 20th Century Fox and paved the way for a new “Fantastic Four” film from Marvel Studios, fans have been infatuated with the idea of real-life couple John Krasinski and Emily Blunt taking on the roles of super-powered couple Mr. Fantastic (a.k.a. Reed Richards) and the Invisible Woman (a.k.a. Sue Storm).

Well, that flaming-hot fan theory may have just been extinguished. Blunt, who recently appeared on “The Howard Stern Show” to promote “A Quiet Place Part II,” was asked by the longtime radio host if she was going to appear as the titular comic book character.

“That is fan-casting,” Blunt said. “No one has received a phone call. That’s just people saying, ‘Wouldn’t that be great?’”

Blunt said she doesn’t believe that superhero movies are “beneath her” — in fact, she said in another interview with Entertainment Weekly that it “irked her heart” when she had to pass on the opportunity to play Black Widow in “Iron Man 2” due to a contractual obligation to star in “Gulliver’s Travels.” Despite this, she hasn’t “found something that really speaks to” her in the superhero genre.

“I was obsessed with Iron Man,” Blunt told Stern. “I wanted to work with Robert Downey Jr. It would’ve been amazing. But I don’t know if superhero movies are for me. They’re not up my alley. I don’t like them. I really don’t.”
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2022-01-21 at 02:20 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    That rumor has been floating around for years.
    Is it? i knew he was fan favorite, but this is first time im hearing it, from "leakers"

i don't saw many fantastic four comics, so, i don't know if he looks well enough to be Richards, but seems fine to me.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-01-21 at 02:30 AM.

Is it? i knew he was fan favorite, but this is first time im hearing it, from "leakers"

i don't saw many fantastic four comics, so, i don't know if he looks well enough to be Richards, but seems fine to me.
    Yeah, fans have been asking for John and Emily for FF since the Disney announced the buyout of Fox.

https://screenrant.com/fantastic-4-r...blunt-perfect/

During the long wait for Fantastic Four news, hopes surrounding the MCU’s interpretation of the Fantastic Four hasn’t changed much at all. When the Fox-Disney deal was still being worked out in 2018, the most talked-about candidates for Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman were Krasinski and Blunt. It’s now 2022 and they’re still at the top of the list.
    Krasinski has said he's into it... but Blunt doesn't appear to be interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like, unless a casting director is reaching out to them, it's not a thing. It's just fans wishing real hard, so they can get disappointed when their headcanon doesn't work out.

I'd rather have Ioan Gruffudd back over John Krasinski tbh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    For fun;
    he look much better for him without the beard.

Krasinski is too baby-faced for my liking. Beard doesn't help much. Can never take the guy seriously with that boyish mug, sorry, and we REALLY don't want another edgy-teenage-angst fiasco like the last F4 film...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Krasinski is too baby-faced for my liking. Beard doesn't help much. Can never take the guy seriously with that boyish mug, sorry, and we REALLY don't want another edgy-teenage-angst fiasco like the last F4 film...
    I think I can say with some certainty that when the FF hit the MCU that it will be absolutely nothing like the last "film". also Marvel really hit it out of the park with casting. even the replaced actors were at least semi decent in the role (Norton was meh but Howard was quite good - both completely overshadowed by their replacements though)

he look much better for him without the beard.
    Well, Reed's been sporting a beard a lot lately in the comics...so honestly both versions work.

I really wish they had Disney+ around the time Civil War was released... they could have done a few series, mini-series and/or one-shots showing a larger scope of the Sokovia Accords. Show some Pro-Registration Heroes doing their thing, some anti-registration heroes doing theres, maybe some skirmishes between them. Even a show on how it affects regular people. The way they handled it in the MCU doesn't really have any weight beyond the actual movie. The next time we see Captain America's "Secret Avengers" is in Infinity War...and aside from a throw-away line from Ross telling Rhodey to arrest them (which Rhodey completely ignores)....that's pretty much it for on-camera consequences.
    Honestly, I think Disney doesn't care... and I say Disney because the very same thing happens in their Star Wars content right now (although there is staff cross-over between Star Wars and Marvel content). There's tons of places that could've had interesting stories when it came to the events in the background and/or around the world. For example, the 'blip' and the aftermath is basically untouched; sure, some shows and movies talk about it, but it's so surface level or just one-liners that everything is left up to the imagination of people. In this case, I'm going to say it's bad, because there's so much that does not make sense in the Disney+ series and the movies to some extent because of how they choose to write the content. Doesn't help that the current trend is to write characters doing stupid things or out-of-character in order to make events happen... even Far From Home, despite being really great overall in terms of MCU films, suffers from such writing.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're fan-casting Reed Richards, why the hell doesn't Timothy Olyphant come up more often?