7+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of the miss marvel show, mostly because seems to be really pre-teen stuff, but its looking good overall.

Interesting they are changing her powers, i can only imagine its because they are setting up Richards later on, and the powers don't overlap. I think its better this way, cause its more visually like Captain marvel and Rambeau.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I mean, we know for sure Loki and What If...? are getting second seasons. Wandavision leads directly into a movie. Falcon and the Winter Soldier somewhat does as well, albeit a little further off. Hawkeye I could easily see getting another season. Not really sure your analysis holds up.
    *shrugs* I admit to a bit of bias. I just don't care for much of the shows. I had hope for Agents of SHIELD but that quickly faded after the "Dethlok Initiative" thing fizzled. Things became interesting with the addition of "Mockingbird" but I said it then, Adrianne Palicki was "too big" for the show outshining everyone. Ghost Rider was nice...but too milquetoast for GR's vengeance schtick.

None of the other shows grab me at all. They just come across as gimmick to pull you into the movies. And you already know how I feel about most of those...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    It doesn’t matter if we’re talking about a movie or a show the same principles apply they use them as a starting point to jump into a larger scale cross over. We are seeing exactly that with Wanda vision and multi verse madness.

Also both Loki and what if have been confirmed to have a second season on the way so the idea that we won’t see any multi season shows because one season shows are cheaper is bunk right off the bat.
    Honestly, I don't think you can really assess MCU films or shows as separate properties unto themselves. They're not even like different editions of Star Trek, where there's shared continuity; the storylines and character growth are directly flowing from film to film to show to film, all part of the same larger narrative story path. Each film is more like a chapter in a book than a story unto itself, or one of a series of inter-connected short stories. You can't really separate them out because they're so very reliant on what's come before and much of what they set up is intended to be expanded upon in what comes later, so threads that aren't tied off aren't accidents or mistakes, they're the ties that bind the narrative together.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    None of the other shows grab me at all. They just come across as gimmick to pull you into the movies. And you already know how I feel about most of those...
    Then why come here at all? Just to gripe about things you don't like?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Honestly, I don't think you can really assess MCU films or shows as separate properties unto themselves. They're not even like different editions of Star Trek, where there's shared continuity; the storylines and character growth are directly flowing from film to film to show to film, all part of the same larger narrative story path. Each film is more like a chapter in a book than a story unto itself, or one of a series of inter-connected short stories. You can't really separate them out because they're so very reliant on what's come before and much of what they set up is intended to be expanded upon in what comes later, so threads that aren't tied off aren't accidents or mistakes, they're the ties that bind the narrative together.
    Pretty much ya Thinking that a show or movie is a one off is rather foolish this far in marvel has been playing the long game for years and they aren’t likely to top any time soon.

If they were still doing out of studio stuff like daredevil clock and dagger ect it would be more understandable but when they have shows directly leading into the movies and movies directly into shows there’s no reason at all to think they weren’t planning it out in advance.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're describing a "you" problem, not an audience problem.

Do you feel the same way about the Tom Holland Spider-Man films? Because he's a high-schooler too, so clearly, you can't expect an adult over 25 to find Peter Parker "relatable", right?
    I always hated the whole 'relatable' argument when it comes to movie connectivity.

I never go to a cinema to find someone I can relate to be able to enjoy it, why the hell would I wanna watch someone like me on TV, that's boring as shit. Just show me good characters and a good story, I don't care who or what they are :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

They just come across as gimmick to pull you into the movies.
    It's the same "gimmick" they've been using since Iron Man 1.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I always hated the whole 'relatable' argument when it comes to movie connectivity.

I never go to a cinema to find someone I can relate to be able to enjoy it, why the hell would I wanna watch someone like me on TV, that's boring as shit. Just show me good characters and a good story, I don't care who or what they are :P
    It's weird as hell.

"How could I possibly empathize with anyone who isn't the same gender/race/social class/nationality/religion/sexual orientation as me?"

That's . . . not a positive framing of yourself. The same nonsense is being tossed around by Pixar's newest film, Turning Red. Which is fantastic. But apparently, empathizing with a Chinese-Canadian teen girl (or with Kamala Khan, a Muslim-American; I haven't read the comics and couldn't tell you her specific ethnicity but I know she's Muslim) is too big an ask for some people, who probably had no problem empathizing with a literal cowboy doll or an anthropomorphic race car in a world populated only by intelligent vehicles.

Humans are inherently empathic. We'll empathize with inanimate objects. We'll empathize with arbitrary concepts, like the concept of a sports team. Saying you can't empathize with other human characters is a pretty egregious statement.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-03-16 at 07:24 PM.

I also wonder if they are making the powers come from the bracelet so they don't have to tie her to the inhumans.

It's weird as hell.

"How could I possibly empathize with anyone who isn't the same gender/race/social class/nationality/religion/sexual orientation as me?"
    Or to put it simply:

That's . . . not a positive framing of yourself. The same nonsense is being tossed around by Pixar's newest film, Turning Red. Which is fantastic. But apparently, empathizing with a Chinese-Canadian teen girl (or with Kamala Khan, a Muslim-American; I haven't read the comics and couldn't tell you her specific ethnicity but I know she's Muslim) is too big an ask for some people, who probably had no problem empathizing with a literal cowboy doll or an anthropomorphic race car in a world populated only by intelligent vehicles.
    Kamala is Pakistani-American. In New Jersey.

Not talking about movies. They're one shot wonders. Cheap and keeps people interested in their live stream subscription. ..no more multi-season shows for obvious reasons.

I have hopes for Moon Knight.
    Those shows were anything but cheap. The money spent per hour of product was staggering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Kamala is Pakistani-American. In New Jersey.
    I thought she might be, but I wasn't positive between that and a couple other ethnicities, and didn't want to get it wrong and couldn't be arsed to look it up, it wasn't important to my point anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I also wonder if they are making the powers come from the bracelet so they don't have to tie her to the inhumans.
    Or the Eternals. Or science. Or magic. Or other aliens. Or the Infinity Stones in any of their myriad influences on Earth.

Making her an Inhuman wouldn't even "matter" at this point; they've so blurred the line between them and classic "mutants" that it's borderline irrelevant to make that distinction; about the only difference is that an Inhuman would get "coccooned" briefly when their powers manifest, where classic mutants didn't.

Also, Kamala Khan is an Inhuman, in the comics. So there's that.

Maybe it's the network. If this was the cw it'd do well enough to meet expectations.
    It actually reminded me of Stargirl, which was on the DC streaming, then I think was moving to CW when that faded away. It was good enough, but not something with a long lifespan I'd think.

It's a fairly typical story, but when done right can still be fun and engaging.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Steve Rogers was still enjoying some level of celebrity status as videos of him were still being used in schools to promote the Captain America Fitness Challenge in Homecoming. "Pretty sure this guy's a war criminal now, but whatever... I have to show these videos, it's required by the state."
    It's hard to judge really, since they didn't really portray it like a lot of people loved him in spite of him being a war criminal. It's just another of the things that got discarded during the 5 year jump (like Hulk's entire arc, basically).

As for how much people know about Carol Danvers, did everyone forget that Black Widow dumped all of Shield's files onto the internet in Civil War? We know much of it was encrypted, according to Zemo, but at this point you'd think at least some (if not all) of the info that Fury compiled on Carol would have come to light.
    I imagine there is an Infowars style site that is releasing all the info and being disregarded as crackpots.

- - - Updated - - -

One season wonders...
    Honestly I hope most of them are one season wonders, I'd rather a nice tight smaller scale in depth story as a short series, with movies being larger grander things. Working the two together to expand the world without finding a couple popular folks to run over and over trying to find some story to put them in.

That said, it should be obvious they'll run some of these shows into the ground if they get good reception/ subscribers...

Daredevil was impressive.
    "The Gifted" had promise, but got really bogged down and depressive quick.
    My personal favorite was "Agent Carter." It had so much potential and so much material to play with...
    Agent Carter when she met up with the Howling Commando's is more of what I wanted from it, but the show just didn't deliver on what I wanted over it's run and like the main AoS show, most folks I know had abandoned it pretty quickly when it was sub-par.

The actual Disney+ shows seem to be very well received though, but I'm always behind on them since I only get the service once or twice a year.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Or the Eternals. Or science. Or magic. Or other aliens. Or the Infinity Stones in any of their myriad influences on Earth.

Making her an Inhuman wouldn't even "matter" at this point; they've so blurred the line between them and classic "mutants" that it's borderline irrelevant to make that distinction; about the only difference is that an Inhuman would get "coccooned" briefly when their powers manifest, where classic mutants didn't.

Also, Kamala Khan is an Inhuman, in the comics. So there's that.
    I think Jotaux was going more along the lines of "If they don't make her an Inhuman they don't have to remind everyone about that abysmally bad TV series that they would really like everyone to forget about".

Also, the Chrysallis thing, if they still consider AoS canon (which is kind of up in the air), would have happened years ago at this point...so it would be weird if she was just getting her powers now.

Inhumans are irrelevant now anyway. Marvel was only pushing them because they couldn't do mutants. Now that they can...they're no longer necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's weird as hell.

Humans are inherently empathic. We'll empathize with inanimate objects. We'll empathize with arbitrary concepts, like the concept of a sports team. Saying you can't empathize with other human characters is a pretty egregious statement.
    I watched the movie Turning Red around my sisters. While I don't think its great or anything I enjoyed it a lot. I did expect to hate it due to the amount of in your face marketing this got before I saw it. But I watched it and it was fine. I liked it.

I see a lot of people be like 'I couldn't relate' and stuff, and like, if that's the attitude you go into, for every movie you watch you must hate a lot of movies lol. I was seeing people get super critical of it for some reason, calling it the worst Pixar movies in ages, like did they not see the 4 Cars sequels and Planes? This is a huge step up.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-03-16 at 08:48 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Agent Carter when she met up with the Howling Commando's is more of what I wanted from it, but the show just didn't deliver on what I wanted over it's run and like the main AoS show, most folks I know had abandoned it pretty quickly when it was sub-par.
    I was looking forward to superhero holdovers from WWII. I wasn't expecting either Submariner or the Human Torch. But there were other heroes/villains that Agent Carter etal could have investigated which could have splintered into other shows.

I was looking forward to superhero holdovers from WWII. I wasn't expecting either Submariner or the Human Torch. But there were other heroes/villains that Agent Carter etal could have investigated which could have splintered into other shows.
    Oh yeah...they really missed out on a golden opportunity to cash in on those die-hard "Blue Diamond" fans...

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Oh yeah...they really missed out on a golden opportunity to cash in on those die-hard "Blue Diamond" fans...
    Consider "Eternals" and "Inhumans"

Consider "Eternals" and "Inhumans"
    Both of which have had much more comic book success than the Liberty Legion. They may have a similar naming scheme...but Blue Diamond and Red Raven ain't got nothing on Black Bolt.

But if you've got a real hard-on for it...you can check out "the Patriot" in AoS:

Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-03-16 at 09:38 PM.