1. #13221
    I just wanted the She Hulk series to really focus on the Lawyer aspect with her and Matt Murdock facing off or teaming up in a big supervillian court case.
    Boston Legal + Marvel powers

  2. #13222
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    73,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    IMO the CGI looks bad because she's too human. Hulk is visibly a big green monster who was once a human but clearly isn't anymore. She-hulk is a tall, muscular woman that happens to be green. It just looks off and low-effort by MCU standards.

    I dunno if it's by design that she's so human-looking, or a product of them rapid-firing these shows so fast they don't have the time to bring the CGI up to the quality it is in the movies. Perhaps both. But this time it stands out.
    She looks like she stepped right off the comic page. They're using Dan Slott's run as inspiration, pretty clearly, so let's check a cover against a still from the show;



    Yeah, she looks like a normal girl, like Walters normally does, just taller, buffer, and green. Proportions are statuesque but not monstrous, like Banner's are when he Hulks out.

    And now, the show;



    Like, they shifted her suit to cover her shoulders and have a shorts bottom, rather than the one-piece swimsuit from the comic, but the color scheme's the same, and she's the same build and such. It's as little an adjustment from the comics as you could've asked for.

    Picked this shot for the suit and because it's probably one of the cleanest shots of her build, even if it's from behind.

    Are you complaining that it's too faithful to her comics?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    I just wanted the She Hulk series to really focus on the Lawyer aspect with her and Matt Murdock facing off or teaming up in a big supervillian court case.
    Boston Legal + Marvel powers
    If it's the Dan Slott run, there's a lot of that. The cover I linked is from the case where she's defending Starfox against accusations of sexual assault (his powers are, essentially, the ability to date-rape people). There's also a lot of smash, but she's regularly trying super-powered cases throughout the run.


  3. #13223
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ya become movies never make woman damsel’s in distress, take away there agency, make them nothing but trophy’s for men, fridge them for main character development, or other wise infantilize them so men can be portrayed as lady kills, hero’s or just cool because they get the girl.
    any people have complained about this an obnoxious amount whats your point?
    suddenly its okay when the shoe is on the other foot?

  4. #13224
    "You could join the avengers"

    "I'm not a narcissistic billionaire!"

    Yeah because Cap Amercia, Black Widow are narcissistic billionaires.

    Thankfully they put lines like that in trailers clearly trying to stir the pot the same way the batgirl series started off with "the batsuit will be perfect once it fits a woman" or whatever that awful bit of writing was where copy and paste superhero characters mock their predecessors because they have nothing else going for them so I would be a fool to take it seriously
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  5. #13225
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    "You could join the avengers"

    "I'm not a narcissistic billionaire!"

    Yeah because Cap Amercia, Black Widow are narcissistic billionaires.

    Thankfully they put lines like that in trailers clearly trying to stir the pot the same way the batgirl series started off with "the batsuit will be perfect once it fits a woman" or whatever that awful bit of writing was where copy and paste superhero characters mock their predecessors because they have nothing else going for them so I would be a fool to take it seriously
    Both adult orphans. Thankfully you paid attention though. Right?

  6. #13226
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    "You could join the avengers"

    "I'm not a narcissistic billionaire!"

    Yeah because Cap Amercia, Black Widow are narcissistic billionaires.
    They are orphans though.

    EDIT: Damn, beaten to it

  7. #13227
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Both adult orphans. Thankfully you paid attention though. Right?
    Yeah I'll give marvel writers that, They are not as sloppy as DC's and throw out a feeble "orphan" line at the end to tidy up their cute little "joke"
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  8. #13228
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    20,419
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    any people have complained about this an obnoxious amount whats your point?
    suddenly its okay when the shoe is on the other foot?
    So much for "boy power' doesnt come along with guys upstaging females", but don't worry just complain about this an obnoxious amount and every thing will be even.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  9. #13229
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    16,049
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I would definitely expect her to wreck some shit, but I dunno if I'd expect to see a lot of it. I've not read a synopsis or anything for the series, so I'm not sure what angle it'll play out. Is it going mostly for Lawyer She-Hulk?
    I don't think it will be too much lawyer she-hulk, but seeing how the CGI seems junky, maybe it will focus on that part, grnat it, there is a lot of super hero stuff going for her to work on, and it would mean give up some news about other things, like iron man/spider man, eternals, hell, maybe even some news about the owners of the startk tower(possible fantastic four) and matt murdock.

    Her villain seems like it will be titania, so i do expect some breaking shit.

    What i miss most in those super heroes movies/shenanigans is they actually using their powers, instead of babbling.

  10. #13230
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah I'll give marvel writers that, They are not as sloppy as DC's and throw out a feeble "orphan" line at the end to tidy up their cute little "joke"
    lol. Nice save. Don't worry, no one will ever know that you came to the forums to whine about a joke you completely missed.

  11. #13231
    I think this is the first trailer for a marvel show where it's not really gotten me interested in the show. Sucks because Tatianna Maslany is a great actress and I was really happy she got cast in the part

  12. #13232
    Stood in the Fire VMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    420
    My only real complaint with this trailer is the dodgy CGI. The rest of it looks fine and could be fun.

    But, my wife and I are kind of over the Marvel stuff after Dr. Strange 2, we weren't very happy with the more horror-y aspects and the complete villainization of Wanda. Honestly, ever since Endgame it feels like they're just dragging things out to keep the money-boat going. Loki and Shang-Chi were really fun, but other than that I feel pretty "meh" about everything else.

  13. #13233
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Under the stars
    Posts
    12,220
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b2082557.html

    Disney have no shame. Let the dead die

    TDLR: Disney is getting a lot of hate because they have scored rights for Stan Lee's likeness and use it in future MCU movies.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-05-19 at 10:29 AM.
    "People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" - Wynne ( Dragon Age: Origins.)

  14. #13234
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b2082557.html

    Disney have no shame. Let the dead die

    TDLR: Disney is getting a lot of hate because they have scored rights for Stan Lee's likeness and use it in future MCU movies.
    Takes two to tango though... Disney can't score the rights to something that isn't for sale. The company that should be "protecting" the man's legacy don't seem to be too troubled.

    Personally though...I think Stan would rest easy with the knowledge of this kind of "immortality". The man personified "gravitas" in life.
    Isms bore me. I think they are only brought by people who seek to marginalize the potential of each ism to provide something meaningful. Name it, Capitalism, Socialism, even Communism-- all contain something of merit towards structuring a society. The biggest flaw in human history has been the need to take the worst of a system along with the best. It doesn't have to be all of one and none of another.

  15. #13235
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Under the stars
    Posts
    12,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Takes two to tango though... Disney can't score the rights to something that isn't for sale. The company that should be "protecting" the man's legacy don't seem to be too troubled.

    Personally though...I think Stan would rest easy with the knowledge of this kind of "immortality". The man personified "gravitas" in life.
    I think its creepy and shit, like when they started using his twitter account after he died, I wish they stopped doing that. there are better ways to pay tribute in my opinion. unless his likeness was to have a picture of him in a frame in the background or something then fine, but if they got the whole CGI resurrected uncanny valley stuff then, no, its too ewwy.
    "People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" - Wynne ( Dragon Age: Origins.)

  16. #13236
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    unless his likeness was to have a picture of him in a frame in the background or something
    You realize they'd probably have to seek permission to do that too, right?

    This doesn't seem like a big deal. He's been the face of Marvel stuff since I was watching the 90s X-Men cartoon as a kid. Probably much longer than that. And he was showing up in silly MCU cameos before Disney even became involved. It's a no-brainer that they'd want to keep him around in some capacity.

  17. #13237
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    You realize they'd probably have to seek permission to do that too, right?

    This doesn't seem like a big deal. He's been the face of Marvel stuff since I was watching the 90s X-Men cartoon as a kid. Probably much longer than that. And he was showing up in silly MCU cameos before Disney even became involved. It's a no-brainer that they'd want to keep him around in some capacity.
    Stan's been on his Soapbox since the 60's. Gleeful huckster has always been his schtick.

    The only issue I have is that it makes sense to have his image in use but it also seems like something to keep giving his shitty do-nothing daughter more money.

  18. #13238
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The only issue I have is that it makes sense to have his image in use but it also seems like something to keep giving his shitty do-nothing daughter more money.
    /shrug
    I have no idea about that. I assume shit like that often goes on with "estate" nonsense when a lot of money (or the potential to make it) was involved.

  19. #13239
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b2082557.html

    Disney have no shame. Let the dead die

    TDLR: Disney is getting a lot of hate because they have scored rights for Stan Lee's likeness and use it in future MCU movies.
    TLDR: A bunch of people who don't understand copyright laws are complaining. Just because someone is dead doesn't mean their estate loses the rights to the image.

  20. #13240
    The she hulk cgi doesn’t seem that bad to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •