Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    People who don't like things generally don't spend time talking about how much they hate it. You only see that kind of behavior from contrarions looking to stir things up.
    For example - I couldn't stand the Star Wars prequels. I don't go around posting or creating content about how crap they are. The only time they come up in my life is when someone suggests they might be good, and I have to refute the competency of those movies utterly.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    People saying NWH was not amazing, prob one of the best mcu movies, LUL

i understand maybe some people have burn out, but come on now.
    I found NWH as decent and enjoyable but nothing more. But then I had never seen ANY of the Sony movies
    before hand. So there was no element of nostalgia and the movie didn't ring those bells for me.

Later on I looked at the first Tobey Maguire film and couldn't finish it. It was BORING because it was nothing
    but a rehash of the comic. Hell maybe I'm just no longer in the proper demo for this IP, but in general juveniles
    don't do it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    thoughts on Thor: Love and Thunder - was a real let down to be honest. I actually think Dark World is more exciting than L&T. Lots of funny moments in there but yeah I was definitely left wanting for more. also, WTF Thor? you just let her die? weren't you in the place which grants wishes?? wish for her to be healthy you absolute sponge monkey
    Wasn't a big fan of the movie either. But it was stated a few times that the #1 who reaches said place will get 1 wish granted. Thor wasn't the first one to get there, Gorr was.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Echo

Dont know if it needs to be in spoiler though, regarding casting etc. But just in case to be safe

[url]https://www.spoilertv.com/2022/07/echo-charlie-cox-and-vincent-donofrio.html[/url]

"Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio, who portrayed classic Marvel Comics characters Daredevil and The Kingpin, respectively, have joined the Disney+ series Echo, which stars Hawkeye breakout Alaqua Cox as Maya Lopez. Marvel had no comment."

Also Jessica Jones will appear.

Hopefully this is just one step closer to having Punisher joining aswell in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Popularity doesn't indicate quality.
    Never claimed it did. What we're discussing here is people that hate things simply because they are popular...regardless of quality.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    thoughts on Thor: Love and Thunder - was a real let down to be honest. I actually think Dark World is more exciting than L&T. Lots of funny moments in there but yeah I was definitely left wanting for more. also, WTF Thor? you just let her die? weren't you in the place which grants wishes?? wish for her to be healthy you absolute sponge monkey
    Are you sure you watched the movie?

Because your complaint suggests you didn't. Kord's speech at the end explains that the powers of Eternity, the BEING granting wishes not the place, were in Gor's daughter. There was no ability for Thor to get a wish too. And as explained by another poster, first one in gets the wish. So, now the powers of eternity exist in "Love" and Thor could not wish Jane to be cured.

---

Anyway, my opinion on Love and Thunder is that I think people are too harsh on it. It is meant to be a campy stupid movie, that's the point. I enjoyed it fully and felt it didn't overstay its welcome and for once I felt both after credits scenes were worth staying through to see.

It isn't perfect, and I think Ragnarok still is better, but I place it 2nd out of the 4 movies. There are odd parts, silly parts, but overall, if you generally like the MCU, you'll like this movie.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    Or, and I know this sounds radical, maybe different people like different things regardless of what other people like?.
    If you don't like NWH you don't like super-hero movies, thats perfectly fine

but people clearly like the mcu movies, saying "the mcu movies before where good and NWH was not" is pure bs.

I mean, even if you didn't like it, you can acknowledge it was ok/good.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    I found NWH as decent and enjoyable but nothing more. But then I had never seen ANY of the Sony movies
    before hand. So there was no element of nostalgia and the movie didn't ring those bells for me.
    It is supposed to be enjoyable, so it did his job.
    Later on I looked at the first Tobey Maguire film and couldn't finish it. It was BORING because it was nothing
    but a rehash of the comic. Hell maybe I'm just no longer in the proper demo for this IP, but in general juveniles
    don't do it for me.
    You have to take account the time the movie was released, old moves have different formula, different audience and tried to do something different.

It is the same as seeing things like Highlander and Bladerunner, i think they are amazing, but if you use today standards they lose a lot of points.

Tobey spider was a breaktrough of comic heroes movies, and what change then, exactly because it was a rehash of the comic, showing good adaptations could be done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Anyway, my opinion on Love and Thunder is that I think people are too harsh on it. It is meant to be a campy stupid movie, that's the point. I enjoyed it fully and felt it didn't overstay its welcome and for once I felt both after credits scenes were worth staying through to see.
    It pains me in the toes that a movie with Gorr is supposed to be a "campy stupid movie", but well nothing can do.

~~

ITs also is a good moment to say I TOLD YOU SO, to all the doughnuts saying Gorr would be a recurring villain

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure you watched the movie?

Because your complaint suggests you didn't. Kord's speech at the end explains that the powers of Eternity, the BEING granting wishes not the place, were in Gor's daughter. There was no ability for Thor to get a wish too. And as explained by another poster, first one in gets the wish. So, now the powers of eternity exist in "Love" and Thor could not wish Jane to be cured.

---

It isn't perfect, and I think Ragnarok still is better, but I place it 2nd out of the 4 movies. There are odd parts, silly parts, but overall, if you generally like the MCU, you'll like this movie.
    yeah must've missed that bit. well that explains that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    Echo

Dont know if it needs to be in spoiler though, regarding casting etc. But just in case to be safe

[url]https://www.spoilertv.com/2022/07/echo-charlie-cox-and-vincent-donofrio.html[/url]

"Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio, who portrayed classic Marvel Comics characters Daredevil and The Kingpin, respectively, have joined the Disney+ series Echo, which stars Hawkeye breakout Alaqua Cox as Maya Lopez. Marvel had no comment."

Also Jessica Jones will appear.

Hopefully this is just one step closer to having Punisher joining aswell in the near future
    I am hoping that a certain character, who in the comics is a spouse of a character you mentioned, also makes an appearance.

Thor 4: The movie was very enjoyable.

The GOATS were G.O.A.T. Omnipotence City was fun. Loved seeing Heimdall again too

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It isn't about trying to force someone to enjoy something, it's about phrasing. "I'm not enjoying the MCU as much as I used to and I'm gonna tone down how much time I invest in it" is taking personal responsibility for that feeling. Claiming the MCU is "declining" or that MCU films are "bad" is at least implying a more-objective and more-universal point of view; that it's an observation you have of reality, rather than just personal subjective preference.

Like, consider avocados. If I said "man, avocados aren't tasting as good as they used to, they're just getting worse", do you presume I'm talking about me not liking avocados as much as I used to? Or does it seem more like I'm making a statement about the inherent and objective quality of avocado crops in general? The key is in that last sentence and phrasings like it; "thing is getting worse" rather than "I no longer enjoy thing as much as I used to." The first puts the onus on the thing, the last takes ownership of the change of opinion on one's self.
    It's like you separate expressions from one post and nitpicking on those, instead getting context from the whole post.

You must be the only one who understood his phrase concerned the economic status of MCU. That means you either skipped the rest of the post and went on bashing the expression "MCU on its last legs" or you just wanted to create strife.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    It's like you separate expressions from one post and nitpicking on those, instead getting context from the whole post.

You must be the only one who understood his phrase concerned the economic status of MCU. That means you either skipped the rest of the post and went on bashing the expression "MCU on its last legs" or you just wanted to create strife.
    "On its last legs" is a statement that the MCU is dying. I don't see how that isn't a comment on economic success. The MCU is wildly popular, and that popularity isn't observably declining. If you're just talking about your own subjective preferences, I don't see that the phrase is appropriate, at all; you're no longer enjoying it as much, but that doesn't mean the MCU is "dying", it just means you're gonna go enjoy something else instead.

I stand by the post you cited; people keep trying to describe the material's objective qualities, when what they mean is that their subjective feelings about the material have changed. The MCU isn't what's changed; it's not "on its last legs", the original user just isn't as enthused by it any more. Orby isn't by any means the only person to do that kind of thing, I simply used their example to make that point. I don't even have a problem with them not enjoying the MCU as much any more; the argument was never that they should enjoy the MCU, it was entirely about how it was phrased; to take ownership of that shift in opinion rather than using wording that suggests it was the MCU that changed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Finally got to watch Thor movie, and it was a good comedy movie.

but, as a comedy movie, i can't wrap my head to Thor the comedian with the story of Gorr, didn't work for me. Maybe if i didn't had read the comic story, i would have enjoyed more. I think the bit of reaching eternity end was a better plot than the godbomb for a movie, so it was a plus.

Chirstian bale save the movie imo, but even so It feels lackluster, his looks is nothing like the comics, we see him killing exactly one god and thats it, for fuck sake, the crew killed more in that city than Gorr, no butchering at all, and his sword looked lame

Jane was good, but i still don't like valkyre and the rock guy, imo useless characters since ragnarok

Final was good but i think its stupid that thor gave away stormbreaker to use he hammer again, like jesus, move on.

5/10, and now i understand why some people might prefer dark world, so did i, this one had too many jokes, exaggerated jokes
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-07-08 at 06:37 PM.

Yeah i would say it was prolly be second best in the Thor movies. For me it veered too much into the absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    So watched Thor: Love and Thunder.

It was everything I feared, but I did take some enjoyment in it when it tried to reign its self in. My biggest problem is the comedy which is a running theme through Marvel and has been for a while, I am not enjoying the comedy hardly at all in Marvel movies, they seem a bit childish most of the time (which I expect is because thats the demo or something I dunno), and haven't been for a while. I felt that instead of keeping it on the level of Ragnarok it went too far above it. I understand humour is subjective so I wont go on about that.

I enjoyed the actors everyone delivered, once again very MCU in the story department and I felt the characters were more stronger than the story here. Natalie Portman was great, Christian Bale was great. Thor wasnt portrayed as dumb of a himbo as I thought before I saw the movie, I had heard that they had dumbed him down too much, and while that is true this is something that's happened since Ragnarok and while that's been an issue for me its not that big of a one here as much as I thought, so thats a relief.

I do feel like there was a lot cut out in places, some scenes went by very fast and it often felt rushed in places. I had similar issues in Spider-Man No Way Home where there was a few scenes like that, not sure if that's just pacing or where parts were cut.

Okay movie, but once again alot of, 'seen it' moments, outside of some great imagery, and good acting there isn't much going for it. With that said one of the better Marvel movies of phase 4. Maybe I am being generous because I love Taika Waititi movies, and have a huge crush on Chris Hemsworth.

Verdict: 5/10

EDIT: also, I hate Goats now. fuck goats, goats are not funny, STOP!!!!

Side Note/tangent: It's been really hard for me to give any MCU movie post-Phase 4 above a 6. I don't know what it is? At best the movies are not awful, but there's no sense of risk or trying to break new grounds or even othering me some replayability, there is enjoyment in the MCU but its a very fleeting type of enjoyment for me, The MCU movies today are kind of like the Transformer movies of the late 2000's. It's a one watch, one and done type of effect, its a lot of spectacle but very little substance. And I know there are people who still love the MCU, hell they bring in the numbers, but then again so did the Transformers movies, thats why they made so many of them. Also have we got to that generation now who grew up with the Transformer movies who are going to preach about how they were the best thing ever, because they grew up with them. You know like how people did with the Star Wars prequels?
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-07-11 at 07:33 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    The pacing suffered from the same issues as the later Game of Thrones seasons where characters would seemingly teleport everywhere and there's no sense of the passing of time.

Otherwise it was a silly movie, bit of fun, the kid army was ridiculously stupid but something clearly not to be thought about too much.

My only concern there, is that a character like Gorr doesn't work in that level of dumbfuckery humour, that said Christian Bale is a goddamn acting god. Man near went full Patrick Batemen in terms of his insane creepyness.

Overall it felt like the film was just tying up plot threads for Thor, and giving his character the next threat. Which now leads to my predictions.

Hercules is going to beat the absolute shit out of Thor, maybe even twice. Causing Thor to go on a hell of a journey and seek out even greater power, leading to Rune King Thor, who retains his transdimensional travel capabilities as we continue along the Multiverse story arc.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

The comedy from Guardians of the Galaxy as well as Thor Ragnarok and this movie really just doesn't land for me. There were parts of it that were funny but it's just not my cup of tea. That being said, I generally liked the movie and anyone who actually finds the comedy in it funny would like it a lot more than I did. Christian Bale felt like he was in his own, much more serious movie and I thought the ending was actually pretty emotional even though you had to sit through an hour and 45 mins of hit or miss (miss mostly for me) jokes to get there. I didn't expect them to follow the comics and actually kill Jane and was honestly kind of surprised it happened even though it was telegraphed really hard through the whole movie

Best way I can describe Thor 4 is that scenes happened. It wasn't a coherent story of "Because of this inciting event, this next part naturally evolved, which naturally evolved into this because characters would act/respond this way, etc."... it plays out like it was a 4 hour movie that got cut down to a way shorter runtime, which is basically what Waititi is saying. Even then, it feels like they just dicked around on set and just threw whatever footage they had together and tried to make a story around it. Add on the over-saturation of 'comedy' on the level of a elementary school kid (especially when it constantly undercuts scenes or events that could be good or impactful), the movie is just a mess. I think it's a safe bet it'll do much more poorly than Dr. Strange 2, and that movie was a mess in its own right.

If there is a prevalent feeling to be had while watching this movie, it's boredom. When you're glancing around the theater when the movie isn't even halfway over, and you see tons of people on their phones or checking their watches, you know the movie's bad. First couple minutes and the last couple minutes of the movie were the only decent parts, but as with all the A-list actors and material you could work with, Waititi wasted it all potential of what could have been.

Now, if we want to delve into the plot specifics, the movie gets worse... but honesty, it's tiring breaking down Marvel/Disney plot stuff because it's way too predictable in a bad way, and the ironic fun you can get out of bad content wears off the more it gets repeated. It's obvious the creators of the shows/movies don't care about good writing or a cohesive story at this point, and apparently there's enough people out there that either don't care or can't recognize the slop they're given. Don't expect an amazing product coming out from Marvel anytime soon, expect everything on par with Thor 4's goat comedy: puerile, dumb, and as deep as a shallow puddle.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2022-07-09 at 08:02 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, new Thor was actually quite decent. Jokes weren't as unfunny and intrusive as I thought they will be. Gorr was good, but there was too little of him (entire plot felt rushed af and introduced little to the man MCU story. We still are in the dark regarding big finale). Jane story and dilemmas were done well. Empowered kids at the end were kinda wtf. Hercules looked crappy (way to scrawny)
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-07-09 at 08:34 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta say, Ms Marvel is better than Thor 4.
    Ragnarok had the perfect balance when it comes to humor but also drama/stakes. L&T for sure had some awesome moments, some good moments but sadly also quite a lot of childish moments, felt like bad satire at times. Some have compared L&T to be MCUs Batman and Robin and I think I agree with that.

I’d say Thor 4 suffers not from a MCU problem as much as a Disney problem, but perhaps those are one and the same now (though I see a similar trend in Star Wars media, though not as pronounced). It’s trying to check a ton of boxes for broad appeal. We have:
    -MCU callouts/call backs
    -Marvel Comics callouts
    -very obvious kid stuff
    -multiple levels/styles of humor that appear to be throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks, which makes the movie tonally a mess. For me Foster-Thor talking about her battle slogan is a great example. It felt forced every time it came up. This movie is by far the most guilty of this, I sure hope ant man 3 and guardians 3 aren’t like this.
    -spectacles and wow scenes (the city)
    -fight scenes
    -romance
    -touching moments
    -fake deaths to up the stakes for a scene, but then are thrown out, perhaps in the very scene!

I could likely go on. I think this is just what MCU movies are now, and if you want only pieces of the above in moderation, or at least better connected, you better be watching the shows.

I’m not one of those “done with the MCU” types, but I believe the rut they are in is becoming more pronounced. There was a kid that wailed at every fake death and scary moment in the movie, and it really made me realize part of the movie was for him, and part of it (as an old comic fan) was for me. I think back to the first movie I though of as epic when I was a kid (original Clash of the Titans), and perhaps this will be this kids first epic movie. I can’t get mad at the MCU for trying to craft a movie for everyone, I just wish they did it better.
    Last edited by SavoirFaire; 2022-07-09 at 10:55 PM.