1. #13281
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    72,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, it wasn’t. I saw the updated app that added the necessary lines of code and everything.
    So the parental controls I had available on my app for a year or more prior were . . . just figments of my imagination?


  2. #13282
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So the parental controls I had available on my app for a year or more prior were . . . just figments of my imagination?
    When did you move to the US? Sorry, are you still ignoring that part?

  3. #13283
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I was watching that again recently, and it makes me wonder how much they're going to tone it down. Honestly kinda surprised that they have it on D+ right now as it is. Kingpin decapitating that dude with the car door in the first season...fucking brutal.
    Hopefully it’s just Matt in a courtroom versus Jennifer Walters like perry mason and Hamilton burger. Full on legal drama.

    I’m worried Disney will cartoon up daredevil a bit too much.

  4. #13284
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    72,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    When did you move to the US? Sorry, are you still ignoring that part?
    You realize that disneyplus.com is the same web address no matter what country you're in when you put in your browser, right?


  5. #13285
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    355
    Really hyped about the news regarding DareDevil, especially that it will be a continuation and not a reboot

  6. #13286
    Scarab Lord Greevir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tamriel
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    Really hyped about the news regarding DareDevil, especially that it will be a continuation and not a reboot
    Wait. Have they announced it's a continuation and not a reboot? I've only heard reboot. If it is a continuation then that is indeed excellent news.

  7. #13287
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    72,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Wait. Have they announced it's a continuation and not a reboot? I've only heard reboot. If it is a continuation then that is indeed excellent news.
    Don't see why it would be a reboot; the Netflix shows were all part of the MCU and referenced things like Loki's attack on New York.


  8. #13288
    Call me jaded but the whole Daredevil coming back is like someone's made a cursed Monkey Paw wish.

    "Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

  9. #13289
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyAngel12 View Post
    Call me jaded but the whole Daredevil coming back is like someone's made a cursed Monkey Paw wish.
    Why? Because it might not be as good? That risk is always there for any show. Even just from season to season.

  10. #13290
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You realize that disneyplus.com is the same web address no matter what country you're in when you put in your browser, right?
    Yes, I’m talking about the app. Or did you miss that? And even with the website it wasn’t something in the US until recently. You saying they only “activated it” instead of adding it is you refusing to admit you were wrong. It’s the same thing. GL with that.

  11. #13291
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    72,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes, I’m talking about the app. Or did you miss that? And even with the website it wasn’t something in the US until recently. You saying they only “activated it” instead of adding it is you refusing to admit you were wrong. It’s the same thing. GL with that.
    This all started talking about the streaming service, so excuse me if I stuck to the original point I was talking about. You didn't mention the app​ until the last couple posts.


  12. #13292
    Super excited about the 'She Hulk: Attorney at Law' angle, somewhat unimpressed with her non hulky appearance. Will definitely watch it anyway.

  13. #13293
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Super excited about the 'She Hulk: Attorney at Law' angle, somewhat unimpressed with her non hulky appearance. Will definitely watch it anyway.
    99.99% sure she never looked like the Hulk. Just a tall green woman.

    Well, I guess I can't say "never." Just not usually. I wouldn't be surprised if there were times that she hulked-out more in the decades that the character has been around.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-05-21 at 03:52 AM.

  14. #13294
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    somewhat unimpressed with her non hulky appearance.
    Isn't that established She-Hulk canon? She always just gets taller and slightly more buff, nowhere NEAR the extreme transformation of Banner's Hulk. Seems entirely in line with the material.

    The design isn't really the problem. The quality of the CGI is. In many places the trailer makes her look like she stepped right out of Shrek, straight from 2001 and all.

  15. #13295
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Isn't that established She-Hulk canon? She always just gets taller and slightly more buff, nowhere NEAR the extreme transformation of Banner's Hulk. Seems entirely in line with the material.

    The design isn't really the problem. The quality of the CGI is. In many places the trailer makes her look like she stepped right out of Shrek, straight from 2001 and all.
    I wouldnt expect end game level CGI when the disney show slate looks like this

    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2022-05-21 at 04:00 AM.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  16. #13296
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    72,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Isn't that established She-Hulk canon? She always just gets taller and slightly more buff, nowhere NEAR the extreme transformation of Banner's Hulk. Seems entirely in line with the material.
    IIRC, the baseline Shulkie is marginally stronger than baseline Hulk, but Hulk gets stronger as he gets angrier, and Shulkie doesn't (in her standard form; all Hulks have variants). The standard way Shulkie "gets stronger" is that Walters starts hitting the gym; the She-Hulk transformation multiplies Walters' natural strength, so if Walters gets jacked, She-Hulk gets JACKED. But she mostly never really hits the limit where that starts to matter, so it wasn't a major thing for most of her comic arcs.

    The design isn't really the problem. The quality of the CGI is. In many places the trailer makes her look like she stepped right out of Shrek, straight from 2001 and all.
    There's something uncanny-valley about it. It may just need a lighting pass or something, though.


  17. #13297
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    99.99% sure she never looked like the Hulk. Just a tall green woman.

    Well, I guess I can't say "never." Just not usually. I wouldn't be surprised if there were times that she hulked-out more in the decades that the character has been around.
    I suppose so. I admit I am posting from a point of ignorance. I was just expecting someone at least somewhat more hulky. Like at least half of the at least more serious female lifters on our team are more developed, myself included, so from my perspective, the physicality seems rather underwhelming, like just kind of green, blown up Tatiana Maslany. I was definitely expecting someone to look like, significantly developed, if not to the full extent as Hulk. If that's true to the comics, then it's totally understandable though.

  18. #13298
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I was definitely expecting someone to look like, significantly developed, if not to the full extent as Hulk.
    /shrug
    When it comes to female comic book characters, how jacked they look rarely correlates to their strength. Rogue, Jessica Jones, Cap.Marvel, the various Spider- people, etc. They mostly look like normal (by comic book standards) women...who can throw cars at you.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-05-21 at 05:34 AM.

  19. #13299
    My understanding of She-Hulk was always that she was a more in control, restrained version of Banner's Hulk. No rage and constantly powering up as he gets mad, just a woman that "hulks out" and becomes a much more souped up version of herself, with a healthy green glow lol

    I'm still mad they changed her series logo, though.

  20. #13300
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Wait. Have they announced it's a continuation and not a reboot? I've only heard reboot. If it is a continuation then that is indeed excellent news.
    Read it somewhere, dont take it at 100% though. But it seems Most likley

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •