The Hollywood Reporter notes that Marvel Studios' Daredevil project will be the first Marvel Netflix series to get a "new yet continued" show, making it unclear whether this is a full-on reboot, a direct continuation of the previous show's events, or a combination of the two.
    That would suggest a continuation to me. New season elsewhere, but picking up where the Netflix series left off. Same as something like Lucifer having 3 seasons and then moving to Netflix for a new one that just carries the story on.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I understand copyright laws, what I don't like is the ethical use of what is the equivalent of dragging mans corpse around and playing with it...
    They could simply not use it. The idea being Lee's heirs were going to sell it no matter what, so buy it and just let it sit,

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I wouldnt expect end game level CGI when the disney show slate looks like this

If I was in a coma n just woke up, that would look like a list for...cartoons... not something worthy of becoming actual tv shows..

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    If I was in a coma n just woke up, that would look like a list for...cartoons... not something worthy of becoming actual tv shows..
    To be fair cartoons would have more longevity :P
    Proof is boring. Proof is tiresome. Proof is irrelevance. People would rather be handed an easy lie than search for a difficult truth, especially when it suits their own purpose.
    - Glokta
    The Last Argument of Kings, The First Law Trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That would suggest a continuation to me. New season elsewhere, but picking up where the Netflix series left off. Same as something like Lucifer having 3 seasons and then moving to Netflix for a new one that just carries the story on.
    Based on Hawkeye's version of Fisk, "new yet continued" sounds about right. They'll probably alter their design and behaviour, but unless stated otherwise, their story and past encounters are canon, if mostly irrelevant.

They won't say that he decapitated someone once with a car door, nor will we see him do it again, but they won't say that such a thing hasn't or would never happen either. They won't say that he smashed his father's head with a hammer, but they might allude to him having an abusive childhood and having dealt with it, stuff like that.

Daredevil doesn't need to be superdark or violent to work (unlike, say, Punisher), so I'm not too worried about the show being ruined just because it's "cleaner", but it needs to be well written to prove itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    They won't say that he decapitated someone once with a car door, nor will we see him do it again, but they won't say that such a thing hasn't or would never happen either. They won't say that he smashed his father's head with a hammer, but they might allude to him having an abusive childhood and having dealt with it, stuff like that.

Daredevil doesn't need to be superdark or violent to work (unlike, say, Punisher), so I'm not too worried about the show being ruined just because it's "cleaner", but it needs to be well written to prove itself.
    I seriously do not understand where you people get the impression that Disney's gonna force shows or characters to be less violent. They are under absolutely zero obligation to tone things down. If they wanted to put out a TV-MA version of Daredevil, they could with absolutely zero problems. And talking about Fisk's history wouldn't even push things up to that level; we just had Moon Knight where they talked about Bushmaster massacring a group of archaeologists and shooting his own friend (Marc) in the gut for trying to stop him, and that was rated TV-14.

This is the same Disney that backed most of Tarantino's earlier films, up through Kill Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That's exactly how It's going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Hawkeye and Moon Knight turned out to be pretty average shows, so I don't really have high expectations for this one. Maybe it will surprise me. /shrug

In case anyone was tempted to take you or that channel seriously...

Says about all anyone would need to know, tbh. All it's missing is a Brie Larson thumbnail.
    Soon as I saw it I knew. That guy was such a troll in an Alien horror fansite, and went on to harass users and even viewers from his channel claiming he had lawyered up. Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Super excited about the 'She Hulk: Attorney at Law' angle, somewhat unimpressed with her non hulky appearance. Will definitely watch it anyway.
    In the comics she was never as bulky as the Hulk. Way more jacked supermodel than power lifter. Recently they have made her much more bulky but in that form she loses a lot of the control she normally has.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    IIRC, the baseline Shulkie is marginally stronger than baseline Hulk, but Hulk gets stronger as he gets angrier, and Shulkie doesn't (in her standard form; all Hulks have variants). The standard way Shulkie "gets stronger" is that Walters starts hitting the gym; the She-Hulk transformation multiplies Walters' natural strength, so if Walters gets jacked, She-Hulk gets JACKED. But she mostly never really hits the limit where that starts to matter, so it wasn't a major thing for most of her comic arcs.
    I don't think thats correct. Her powers seem to work the same way as Banner. She's just way more mentally stable than Banner, thats why she was in she-hulk form 24/7. Lately in the comics she's having a lot more turmoil. I think that's why she goes back and forth from human form and bulky She-hulk form instead of being in the middle at all times.

Marvel is so insanely bad & for small kids compared to DC comics & Watchmen especially.

Quote Originally Posted by ugabelege View Post
    Marvel is so insanely bad & for small kids compared to DC comics & Watchmen especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    If I was in a coma n just woke up, that would look like a list for...cartoons... not something worthy of becoming actual tv
    Animation is just a medium to tell a story, it can just give you liberties that live-action cannot. There's ton of animation (past and present) that blows out the storytelling and presentation that the phase 4 MCU is putting out. Heck, there's better animated stories that Disney put out decades ago compared to the soulless garbage they're putting out now.

I'd be more concerned about the volume, as it's obviously going to affect the quality to some degree. I mean you can tell from the CGI in much of the recent Marvel shows that there's a toooon of cut corners, and other aspects of the shows demonstrate cut corners and/or things being rushed to release. While Covid may have had an impact of some of these aspects, a good showrunner and producers can work around that to put out great media. Some of the greatest and/or very influential movies have been productions that had tons of things go wrong, including budget issues, strikes, actors leaving or dying, extensive rewrites/reshoots, weather impacts, and so forth. If there is to blame to be had, it's with the corporate side of Marvel

From the information that gets leaked or even put into interviews, all these shows (and even the movies) are heavily controlled by corporate producers to where they'll even tell their directors they can't control certain aspects (such as fight scenes) of the production. Akin to Dr. Strange 2, the more info that gets published, the more we realize that Raimi didn't have nearly as much control as a director would want to have. It's no secret that there's 'checklists' of things that need to happen, ranging from X amount of fight scenes per episode to more agenda-driven dribble that corporate says needs to be in there. If you want to be a director or writer for Marvel content right now, when corporate producers tell you to jump you need to be thankful and ask how high to jump... or you're out. Basically, everything that's wrong with Marvel right now isn't the fault of the actors or the source material, it's corporate Marvel itself.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Hawkeye and Moon Knight turned out to be pretty average shows, so I don't really have high expectations for this one. Maybe it will surprise me. /shrug

In case anyone was tempted to take you or that channel seriously...

Says about all anyone would need to know, tbh. All it's missing is a Brie Larson thumbnail.
    I thought Moon Knight was pretty great. It was a fun show, with some interesting concepts. Hawkeye was very average/low stakes, but I kind of liked that it was. It was basically 'What if Marvel did a Hallmark 'Can they do x in time for Christmas?' movie', and that also made it fun.

I think the biggest difference from shehulk and hulk is that shehulk doesn't have "split personality/identity", there is two(and sometimes more) people living inside banner, Bruce and Hulk, shehulk is just Jennifer.

Could be wrong, but even in the recent hulk comics that i read, with shehulk looking a lot like hulk(like big Neanderthal looking) she still herself, just losing control by rage, and not by another entity.

/shrug
    When it comes to female comic book characters, how jacked they look rarely correlates to their strength. Rogue, Jessica Jones, Cap.Marvel, the various Spider- people, etc. They mostly look like normal (by comic book standards) women...who can throw cars at you.
    they at least have powers though, when we go to that realm, we don't need then being jacked. But the old cartoon rogue was thick enough to say she was jacked, Cap marvel too, something i rly liked in her design from what if and doctor strange, she looking rly tall and bulky.

New Thor trailer

"The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Gorr look 100% awful and nothing like the comics.

The whole arc will be different it seems, but i hoped they at least made him right, the all black is terrible too.

Rly don't know how they will pull this off.

Maybe I'm racist against white people but Christian Bale really made me think of Jared Leto's Joker in this trailer. Really wish he had a more alien look to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

The whole arc will be different it seems, but i hoped they at least made him right, the all black is terrible too.

They changed him because Voldemort ruined things for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

The only significant changes from the comics is that he has a nose and doesn't seem to have the two-tentacle hair thing.

Which is fair, because Comics Gorr looks like Voldemort if he were a Star Wars Twilek.

Gorr's story is also not a single outing in the comics. I wouldn't expect to get "I've killed all the gods but you, Thor, and now I'm building the Godbomb to kill all gods in all timelines forever" Gorr in this film. He could easily be a recurring villain, even a major teamup villain down the line, with Love and Thunder just serving as an introduction, basically.

As long as we're getting something along the "Thor and a bunch of 9th Century Vikings kicked his ass and cut off his arm and sent him packing" Gorr lines, I think that's totally fine.

It's all about taste.

Some people would have prefered this ...

Meanwhile I think this is perfect...

From the different images we can see how Gorr evolves ( remember his quest for erasing gods out of existence span over millenia) from the almost human albino to a more darker, scarred,fucked up version suggesting the biomatter from the Necrosword is consuming him.

Some remarkable points in my opinion.

1. Was a god? Korg is telling a tale and he states:"He was no ordinary man.He was a god". Why the past tense? Are they saying something here? Maybe it's just the tale usual tense....maybe it's not.

2. Mjolnir is fragmented and that seems to be Jane's gimmick with the hammer: we can see how it can shoot multiple projectiles and then reassembly.

3. Third appearance of the Living Tribunal after Loki and Strange.Sooner than later ( I predict sooner) the Abstracts will show their infinity asses.

4. No Rune King Thor nor his grandaughters. I really really hope they are saving him for a surprise moment because I have already grown a beard.

5. I have a more dramatic vibe than "Ragnarok" from the trailer....I don't know maybe I'm reading too much but I predict big consequences.

Conclussion: looks great. Waititi have my full trust in delivering a worthy movie.