Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I would think that Deadpool 2 is a done deal at this point. Fox would have to be offered a ton of money to stop a film like that mid production (post production? I don't know what stage its at). Deadpool 3 would be the film in doubt.

I would love for an MCU Doom.
    If Disney got the rights back to Deadpool then Deadpool 3 would likely get the budget it deserves and be the first r rated mcu movie.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffsei.../#5284101b32d4
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ces/922867001/

Looks like it's just a matter of Disney writing out checks to Fox now and they'll announce later on what they got. I would be just about anything that they got the rights back to Fantastic Four and X-Men. If so, I really hope Doom shows up in the MCU. X-Men would be nice if done better than what Fox did (I didn't like the characters much, but some of the ones they cast were good). Though I do recall Hugh Jackman saying he wouldn't play Wolverine again (Logan was his last) unless he got to play Wolverine in a story involving Avengers so I wonder if he's going to want to reprise the role or they'll just cast someone new.

Though I wonder how this will affect Deadpool 2.
    Can REALLY hope Reynolds convinces him to do Deadpool 3.

I hope everything returns to marvel.

What did fox want again?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    I hope everything returns to marvel.

What did fox want again?
    From what I could tell from articles they were mainly selling everything and keeping things like Fox News, something with businesses and stuff. Basically they were looking to downsize I guess you could say. So essentially they were looking for money.

Also, while not Marvel, but in a similar boat apparently Fox holds the rights to the original Star Wars as well. So I'm sure Disney negotiated a contract that returned Marvel and Star Wars putting all Marvel properties under their house. Aside from a few oddities like Hulk distribution movie rights and I think Namor too.

If Disney was to get X-Men / Fantastic Four back that would be pretty huge in itself as I'm sure they'll go back to promoting them again instead of trying to cut them out of things like toy lines and comics.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-12-08 at 12:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, my dream of a Jim Carrey Infamous Iron Man movie is edging closer and closer to reality. Can't WAIT!

Also: Where do you go, after taking on a beast like Thanos? Galactus!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I think Marvel should do the following:
    Take Fantasic Four back immediately and add them to MCU
    Let Fox continue to “experiment” with Logan, Deadpool, and New Mutants-style films.
    Give Fox a chance to prove it can handle Xmen franchise; if Dark Phoenix pulls a Last Stand, get more involved, but otherwise keep Xmen universe mostly separate.
    Three words: MARVEL ULTIMATE TEAMUP starring Wolverine, Spider-man, and Deadpool. First domestic billion dollar film in history.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    I think Marvel should do the following:
    Take Fantasic Four back immediately and add them to MCU
    Let Fox continue to “experiment” with Logan, Deadpool, and New Mutants-style films.
    Give Fox a chance to prove it can handle Xmen franchise; if Dark Phoenix pulls a Last Stand, get more involved, but otherwise keep Xmen universe mostly separate.
    Three words: MARVEL ULTIMATE TEAMUP starring Wolverine, Spider-man, and Deadpool. First domestic billion dollar film in history.
    The X-Men part won't happen. They seem to be pretty much done in that department and don't want to continue with any movie of any type. I could be wrong, but that's the way I read it. So it's not just them giving rights up it's them giving everything away including movie properties. Marvel and Star Wars just happen to be their biggest two they own.

The X-Men part won't happen. They seem to be pretty much done in that department and don't want to continue with any movie of any type. I could be wrong, but that's the way I read it. So it's not just them giving rights up it's them giving everything away including movie properties. Marvel and Star Wars just happen to be their biggest two they own.
    Pretty sure I read the same somewhere as well. Which means there will be no scenario like Disney has with Sony for Spider-man because Fox just won't be making movies, period.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Pretty sure I read the same somewhere as well. Which means there will be no scenario like Disney has with Sony for Spider-man because Fox just won't be making movies, period.
    Good because outside of a few well casted roles the Xmen movies have been pretty shit.

Please Marvel do the following
    - Stop that trainwreck that is Jennifer Lawrence from completely taking over the Xfilms. Dont do xmen films for a few years as you have a giant roster of untapped non mutant characters to get too.
    - If you must jump straight into xmen Recast everyone! I love Jackmans wolverine but Marvel needs to distance themselves from the previous Xfilms.
    - Do a FF movie ASAP and have Doctor Doom as your villian. Be faithful to the source material with Doom too. Post credits scene hints at Galactus/Silver Surfer

"Fox" won't, but do you really think Disney/Marvel is just going to shut down the entire filmmaking division when they get it? I suspect they'll integrate slowly.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

From what I could tell from articles they were mainly selling everything and keeping things like Fox News, something with businesses and stuff. Basically they were looking to downsize I guess you could say. So essentially they were looking for money.

Also, while not Marvel, but in a similar boat apparently Fox holds the rights to the original Star Wars as well. So I'm sure Disney negotiated a contract that returned Marvel and Star Wars putting all Marvel properties under their house. Aside from a few oddities like Hulk distribution movie rights and I think Namor too.

If Disney was to get X-Men / Fantastic Four back that would be pretty huge in itself as I'm sure they'll go back to promoting them again instead of trying to cut them out of things like toy lines and comics.
    they have namor. they got it back a couple years ago i believe they just havent done anything with it aside from rumours they were going to do a tv show
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    "Fox" won't, but do you really think Disney/Marvel is just going to shut down the entire filmmaking division when they get it? I suspect they'll integrate slowly.
    No, I'm sure anything in the works past the development phase will probably get pushed out because they might as well. But who knows really. Anxious to see the details of the deal once announced.

No, I'm sure anything in the works past the development phase will probably get pushed out because they might as well. But who knows really. Anxious to see the details of the deal once announced.
    i honestly wouldnt be surprised if fiege has a plan for x-men/fantastic four

wolverine, deadpool, and doom are all spider-man level characters imo on the audience draw/movie impact so id expect at the very least plans for those 3

the question is, do they keep the soft canon of the inhumans from the tv show or does the mcu fuck those shows over if it introduces mutants.

i think the best way to do it is to make mutants have a much higher power level on average than the vast majority of inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they have namor. they got it back a couple years ago i believe they just havent done anything with it aside from rumours they were going to do a tv show
    Latest I could find was an article from a few years ago saying Universal still had them along with the Hulk's.

I like MovieBobs idea for rebooting the FF4

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    There throwing it away as they are taking the hulls story lines and butchering them to fit into other hero’s movies. Planet hulk alone could have been a movie or two then leading into a world war hulk movie and a son of hulk movie down the line. It seems unlikely now that any of that will ever happen and the only hulk story lines I can think would fit well into an avengers movie would be red hulk or she hulk.
    That's because it is the Marvel Cinematic Universe, not just about Hulk. Ragnarok could have been a multi-film epic with Thor/Jake Olson, the Reigning and a truly mythic epic across the nine world's culminating in omnipotent Rune-king Thor destroying the Loom of Fate to end the predations of Those Who Sit Above In Shadow, but the MCU doesn't have the 6 or 7 years to wait for that saga to be played out so we get Hela instead.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That's because it is the Marvel Cinematic Universe, not just about Hulk. Ragnarok could have been a multi-film epic with Thor/Jake Olson, the Reigning and a truly mythic epic across the nine world's culminating in omnipotent Rune-king Thor destroying the Loom of Fate to end the predations of Those Who Sit Above In Shadow, but the MCU doesn't have the 6 or 7 years to wait for that saga to be played out so we get Hela instead.
    There’s no pluasable reason they couldn’t have down planet hulk and world war hulk if they did have the rights to hulk. In infinity war they could have built up hulk being a bigger threat even to his allies or even have done it in ragnorok then leading into them planning to shoot him into space in an end credit scence. They could have then made a hulk solo movie with planet hulk ending that with hulk starting his trip back. After that they could have had an avengers movie based around world war hulk. If they could make solo hulk movies they could have given the hulk proper story lines tied into the MCU and making it feel like a big event.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    There’s no pluasable reason they couldn’t have down planet hulk and world war hulk if they did have the rights to hulk. In infinity war they could have built up hulk being a bigger threat even to his allies or even have done it in ragnorok then leading into them planning to shoot him into space in an end credit scence. They could have then made a hulk solo movie with planet hulk ending that with hulk starting his trip back. After that they could have had an avengers movie based around world war hulk. If they could make solo hulk movies they could have given the hulk proper story lines tied into the MCU and making it feel like a big event.
    its too early for world war hulk. we JUST got hulk to hang out with an avenger and thats still just thor.

we need to have hulk be FRIENDS with everyone not just thor. otherwise the betrayal felt by the hulk just isnt there for the audiences to feel.

hulk has to have a reason to be fighting these people and if its just generic "hulk goes rawr because me hulk and me strong" then its going to be a boring movie with slightly cooler action scenes then the last hulk solo movie.

the hulk has to ultimately become human before they can portray him as a monster again,

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its too early for world war hulk. we JUST got hulk to hang out with an avenger and thats still just thor.

we need to have hulk be FRIENDS with everyone not just thor. otherwise the betrayal felt by the hulk just isnt there for the audiences to feel.

hulk has to have a reason to be fighting these people and if its just generic "hulk goes rawr because me hulk and me strong" then its going to be a boring movie with slightly cooler action scenes then the last hulk solo movie.

the hulk has to ultimately become human before they can portray him as a monster again,
    I agree he has to be built up more I just wish they had been working on it before ragnaok. It’s the main reason I think the hulk gets the shaft in the MCU pretty much all of his showings other then ragnarok have been comptly about banner ignoring the hulk other then when he goes rawr punchy. I just wish we got a proper hulk though I doudt we ever will.

well guess you can add bryan singer (xmen director) to the list of 2017 sexual assault career enders

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/se...7-year-n827671

terrible crime but might end up giving someone else a shot with the xmen films and make them not shit