Being a famed figure would be a detriment to being a spy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Being a famed figure would be a detriment to being a spy.
    Which is pretty much why I said it'd most likely be a movie based on her prior to joining the avengers.

You know, since she literally was a spy during that time.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Origin stories worked for the first phase where it introduced everyone. After that there wasn't a point, however, Ant-Man made some sense as it was an origin story, but not an origin story due to Ant-Man existing prior.
    Yeah, and that's all fair enough... But we don't REALLY need an origin story for a character like Black Widow. We can jump right in!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Seventeen is live! A quick preview of three upcoming releases, all of which you will WANT to pick up!

https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/17-blog-17

you guys do realize that black widow lives in a universe with fucking face changers, life model decoys, magic, and super powers right?

"but but but, is famous?" does not prevent her from being in a modern day spy film.

this is black fucking widow were talking about, one of if not the greatest spy and soldier shield ever had, its not like shes fucking thor or hulk causing a huge scene smashing things and swinging a hammer.

all she needs is a wig and a photostatic veil and she can be any person.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Cap can apparently disappear into a crowd just by wearing a baseball cap, same with the Winter Soldier.

I'm sure an actual spy would be fine.
    "I do not stand with Horus. I stand against the Emperor. Do you understand, Kauragar? I am free now. Free. Can you understand that? Why have you all spent these last decades telling me I should feel honoured to live as a slave, when I was so close to dying free?"
    - The Primarch Angron.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Tbh, she probably doesn't even need that... We forget, because we're following a story where she is a central figure, but I guarentee that there are huge swathes of people who have HEARD of Black Widow, but have never seen her face, or know anything about her other than that she's a super spy and all round badass.

Widow has been in the spy game for a long time, I'm sure she knows how to do her job, even now that she is moderately famous.

Blog Seventeen is live! A quick preview of three upcoming releases, all of which you will WANT to pick up!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Tbh, she probably doesn't even need that... We forget, because we're following a story where she is a central figure, but I guarentee that there are huge swathes of people who have HEARD of Black Widow, but have never seen her face, or know anything about her other than that she's a super spy and all round badass.

Widow has been in the spy game for a long time, I'm sure she knows how to do her job, even now that she is moderately famous.
    and even then plenty of celebrities even in real life can walk around and not get noticed if they dress a little differently or wear a wig.

shes wearing a wig/dyed hair in infinity wars trailer and who knows what country shes actually in, plus being a trained assassin/spy its most likely that she knows how to change her voice and speak other languages.

if you lived in the mcu and saw some blonde speaking german walking down the street you wouldnt instantly think "OMG ITS AN AVENGER"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Cap can apparently disappear into a crowd just by wearing a baseball cap, same with the Winter Soldier.

I'm sure an actual spy would be fine.
    I would argue that winter soldier is a spy. he managed to evade capture and go nearly undetected for decades while hydra built up its infrastructure in shield.

and considering bucky might be cap soon i could see making him part of her solo movie, to kind of ease people into the idea before bucky gets his own movie
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

you guys do realize that black widow lives in a universe with fucking face changers, life model decoys, magic, and super powers right?

"but but but, is famous?" does not prevent her from being in a modern day spy film.

this is black fucking widow were talking about, one of if not the greatest spy and soldier shield ever had, its not like shes fucking thor or hulk causing a huge scene smashing things and swinging a hammer.

They are gonna burrow heavily from the Mission Impossible franchise. Get ready for super realistic face masks!

Scarlett Jo is gonna have the same body/build as philip seymour hoffman just by wearing his mask. They already did it in winter solider when she pretended to be a different lady to get close to redford

and even then plenty of celebrities even in real life can walk around and not get noticed if they dress a little differently or wear a wig.
    Exactly. It's almost... ALMOST, as if someone whose job it is not to be recognised, and to hide their appearance might actually be quite good at hiding their appearance and not being recognised.

shocking, I know.

Random question but way back in the day when they were creating thor, how did they get the rights to the norse mythology characters or can you write any story that burrows heavily from mythology. So I could write my own series of stories based off greek mythology and not be hit by cease and desist letters? Seems kinda crazy how thor, loki, odin were recreated like for like with some small tweaks like living in asgard instead of valhalla

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Random question but way back in the day when they were creating thor, how did they get the rights to the norse mythology characters or can you write any story that burrows heavily from mythology. So I could write my own series of stories based off greek mythology and not be hit by cease and desist letters? Seems kinda crazy how thor, loki, odin were recreated like for like with some small tweaks like living in asgard instead of valhalla
    You can't copyright a Mythology that was written thousands of years ago.

The majority of copyright contracts last for 70-100 years.
    "I do not stand with Horus. I stand against the Emperor. Do you understand, Kauragar? I am free now. Free. Can you understand that? Why have you all spent these last decades telling me I should feel honoured to live as a slave, when I was so close to dying free?"
    - The Primarch Angron.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    You can't copyright a Mythology that was written thousands of years ago.

The majority of copyright contracts last for 70-100 years.
    Makes sense. A lot of art "burrows" from it but marvel using the actual names seemed a bit odd. Like the God of War video games incorporated mythology into the story but it was very much a new tale with Kratos a fictional character inserted into that world, and it worked great. Same with the new movie the killing of a sacred deer.

Good little loophole to get great ideas from.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    It's worth noting that the original Norse stories were retold by various people over the course of a few centuries (that we know of) and the evidence points to them being based on myths from an early civilisation we have no direct evidence of (the proto-Indo-Europeans.)

There's actually quite a lot of major differences between the old Norse and modern Marvel gods though Asgard isn't one of them, Asgard has always been the home of the Aesir or sky-gods. There's probably bigger deviations than God of War made to the Greek pantheon (who also feature in comics, Hercules is a Marvel superhero and Ares is a villain for both Marvel and DC.)

BTW where do you think the cease-and-desist letters would come from? Even if we could pin down a person as the original author they would be dead for a millenia or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post

BTW where do you think the cease-and-desist letters would come from? Even if we could pin down a person as the original author they would be dead for a millenia or so.
    Dunno, thought there might be an estate or trust set up maybe in one of the countries it originates from. Michael Jackson is dead but if you want to use his music you still need to pay royalties to his estate

Yes, you can make up stories about a culture's gods/myths.
    Whether anyone will take it serious enough to buy into them is another thing altogether

Looking at Palladium publishing "Rifts" artistic take on a more tech variant of Thor:

https://pagesix.com/2018/01/25/first...aptain-marvel/

Looks like it's the early version of the suit, or a Kree captain suit

You hire brie larson and dont even show off her cleavage in the costume. I am disappoint

Hope that shit is fake, doesnt even look marvel quality

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    You hire brie larson and dont even show off her cleavage in the costume. I am disappoint

Hope that shit is fake, doesnt even look marvel quality
    Captain Marvel didn't show cleavage though

This is the concept art, so we already knew that there wasn't going to be a boob window.

And i image it's going to look a lot better with release though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Origin stories worked for the first phase where it introduced everyone. After that there wasn't a point, however, Ant-Man made some sense as it was an origin story, but not an origin story due to Ant-Man existing prior.
    I felt that Ant-man and Doctor Strange (in a way) was more of a "passing the torch" than a full on origin story.