Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Plus robert downy jr dying will put it into a special category
    If he or somebody else of that level dies in the first movie, it will probably make my ears perk up, but killing off "the old guard" in Part 2 would impress me a lot less. If there's essentially no story left for a death to impact, it's not that meaningful in the grand scheme of things.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    If he or somebody else of that level dies in the first movie, it will probably make my ears perk up, but killing off "the old guard" in Part 2 would impress me a lot less. If there's essentially no story left for a death to impact, it's not that meaningful in the grand scheme of things.
    I'm not sure when in the movie he'll die. But it will involve helping spiderman. And it will be a passing of torch of sorts to the new gen of heroes.

What better way to close the story than with the guy who started it all.

Plus it will help give credibility to thanos the hyped up big bad.

Well i was pretty impressed with the film.

Did anyone notice they were sending weapons to Hong Kong, New York and London, all places that have sanctums.

Random thought could the cause of U.F.O sightings be in fact Wakandan aircraft?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    WHAT a film! Just got back from Black Panther... Yeah, that film is excellent. I think it's safe to say now, Marvel have well and truly broken their "Bad villain" curse. Between Zemo, Hela and now Killmonger they're finally producing INTERESTING antagonists.
    You don't put Vulture on that list?

Agree though, Black Panther was fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Never been a fan of sheild but ghost rider alone has put a lot of interest in me and I’ve ran out of things to watch recently so I just might start it.
    Don't let the haters get you down, it's a fun show. And Ghost Rider was done really, really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's just bad on many levels. Most folks I know quit it early, I stayed until season 3 I think, but it is just not done well IMO. There are die hard fans that love the show and rave about it, and they even try to make it seem important to the MCU, but meh. I didn't watch the Ghostrider stuff, the good reviews I saw were all by folks that love the show, so can't say any of it is accurate or not.
    Sure, if you can't handle a show that exists in the MCU but doesn't intricately tie into the movies at every level. I assume you don't like the Netflix shows either then?

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Not sure if sarcasm, but the unit was meant to contain inhumans, they all assumed he was an inhumans.

Although I find it hard to believe shield didn't know magic existed, even if only in a limited capacity.
    It fits with the rollout of magic in the MCU though.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I loved Vulture, not sure how much of it is because of Keaton vs the role itself, but overall went great.

Sure, if you can't handle a show that exists in the MCU but doesn't intricately tie into the movies at every level. I assume you don't like the Netflix shows either then?
    Ha! That's right, I "can't handle" it. Neither can the rest of the masses that abandoned the show in droves because they couldn't handle the awesomeness. That's probably why the ratings are so low, because no one can handle it.

Netflix shows are hit or miss for me. I've felt nearly every show (Marvel or not) on Netflix has been a few episodes too long.

It fits with the rollout of magic in the MCU though.
    I don't know they they ever deviated from "magic is science" though, did they? Dr Strange coached everything in terms of alternate realities and manipulation of dimensions and dimensional energy. When science can alter reality, the label of "magic" is a bit worthless.

Another note though, did they ever address why Strange was mentioned in Winter Soldier specifically?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Ah shit, totally forgot Vulture. GREAT villain... Mostly because of Keaten, but still... Best part of the film.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Mark Hamill might be in Guardians 3
    http://collider.com/mark-hamill-guar...-3-james-gunn/

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saw Black Panther. Was an alright Marvel movie. Not the Best, Not the Worst. Killmonger is easily the one of the most boring Villains they've created in the MCU though. T'Challa is enjoyable at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Mark Hamill might be in Guardians 3
    http://collider.com/mark-hamill-guar...-3-james-gunn/
    Rightfully so as Guardians of the Galaxy has become what Star Wars should be today. It's only fitting that Hamil comes to the superior franchise...

Also so good to see Hamil get more live action work now than he ever did after he did the original Star Wars lol Guess the man is like a fine wine lol
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-02-27 at 07:43 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Id be down for a hamill villain. Let the man do his thing. Remove the luke skywalker shackles and let his joker come out

Id be down for a hamill villain. Let the man do his thing. Remove the luke skywalker shackles and let his joker come out
    Agree. Also, now you've got me reminiscing over the Cocknocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Awww shit people, James Gunn dropped some Groot knowledge today on twitter. Baby Groot is actually Groot's son.
    James Gunn had already previously said that Groot was dead and Baby Groot was a new character. Think it was an year ago or something.

It was, but his classification as being Groot's son is the new part.
    I don't think there's much new meaning added by that word, but whatever floats your boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awww shit people, James Gunn dropped some Groot knowledge today on twitter. Baby Groot is actually Groot's son.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting considering most people complain that Star Wars is too much like GotG these days.
    Exactly. And no where is it more present than the last Star Wars film :P

Deleted
    Tbh I guess Mark Hamill would be more of a cameo, like Stallone or something.

That said, I don't get the worship of Mark Hamill, Sure he seems like a genuine fun guy, and he's a fantastic VOICE actor. But on the actual big screen? Not so much imo, but no one will ever forget him just because he's Luke Skywalker.

A Luke Skywalker that was so stupid in the Last Jedi really, but that probably had more to do with the writing skills of a 10 year old, and not the acting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Tbh I guess Mark Hamill would be more of a cameo, like Stallone or something.

That said, I don't get the worship of Mark Hamill, Sure he seems like a genuine fun guy, and he's a fantastic VOICE actor. But on the actual big screen? Not so much imo, but no one will ever forget him just because he's Luke Skywalker.

A Luke Skywalker that was so stupid in the Last Jedi really, but that probably had more to do with the writing skills of a 10 year old, and not the acting.
    Mark Hamill's acting was good in the last jedi. Its not his fault people throw their toys out of the pram at the force ability he uses in the film and the tone in general people seem to be so upset with.

Deleted
    Mark Hamill's acting was good in the last jedi. Its not his fault people throw their toys out of the pram at the force ability he uses in the film and the tone in general people seem to be so upset with.
    Yeah against most of the cast he was Oscar worthy yeah. I just couldn't watch the movie without cringing every 5 fucking minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, you just said that's what Star Wars SHOULD be... make up your mind.
    Ha you're right I kind of did.

I guess it's hard to pin point what Star Wars is trying to be now or what it should be. At least for me.

Don't get me wrong I actually thought the new Star Wars movies were fine. Not a masterpiece but at the same time not as bad as people have said, I am really in the middle. But one thing that is obvious is the previous movie did try and capture the humour of Guardians of the Galaxy. Did it need to? No!. Do I welcome it? Yea why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Ha you're right I kind of did.

I guess it's hard to pin point what Star Wars is trying to be now or what it should be. At least for me.

Don't get me wrong I actually thought the new Star Wars movies were fine. Not a masterpiece but at the same time not as bad as people have said, I am really in the middle. But one thing that is obvious is the previous movie did try and capture the humour of Guardians of the Galaxy. Did it need to? No!. Do I welcome it? Yea why not.
    I feel the humor is fairly different in the two. Also, some people seem to think Star Wars being funny is a Disney thing, but the old movies were filled with humor, and would probably have had even more if they'd known how to write it.

Just finished Runaways.

Went in expecting soapy teen-drama, didn't expect much of any real superpowers on display since low budget Hulu release.

It was FANTASTIC. They have Old Lace (Jurassic Park quality CGI) the Fistigons, good CGI and the acting is superb.

The actress who plays Nico Minoru is amazing, as are all the parents in the show.

My favorite thing about it was how much it felt like season 1 of Heroes. It has an overarching mystery and lots of plot twists, and coming to terms with the newfound powers.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2018-03-01 at 04:58 AM.